[Drama 2016-2017] Guardian: The Lonely and Great Goblin 도깨비

Go Seung Ji

“Goblin” Reveals Its Top 3 Scenes With The Highest Viewership Ratings

On January 14, tvN’s “Goblin” aired a special segment that unveiled which three one-minute scenes from the drama received the highest viewership ratings.

Spoiler:

goblin-ratings-1.jpg

Coming in third with 15 percent was the scene where Gong Yoo learns that Yoo In Na is the reincarnation of his sister. It was the most viewed minute of episode 10.

goblin-ratings-2.jpg

In second place with 16.4 percent was the scene from episode 12 where Gong Yoo asks Yoo In Na if the grim reaper (played by Lee Dong Wook) was the young king in his previous life.

goblin-ratings-3.jpg

First place went to the scene from episode 11, where Gong Yoo embraces Kim Go Eun after saving her. This one-minute scene received 17.2 percent of viewership ratings.

With only three episodes left, do you think the record of 17.2 percent can be beaten? Tune in to find out!

Episode 14 will air on Friday, January 20, while episodes 15 and 16 will air consecutively on Saturday, January 21

https://www.soompi.com/2017/01/14/goblin-reveals-top-3-scenes-highest-viewership-ratings/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter.

• Like 12

2 hours ago, makeuptemple said:

if there is any stranger is reading this forum, most possibly that person would just close this page, have you all noticed we are turning into pervs bec of Gong Yoo :D

@makeuptemple haha. just to let u know.. it quite common for fans to turn Pervs and allow our "dark sides" to overcometh us.. when the casts are that awesome. you understand, another reason why we said so here becoz, in soompi we are all feeling very "at home"...

this is for Healerites, you know who you are, i saw plenty among you, (btw, i am one too, see, i say i 'AM', not 'WAS'.)
i remembered during Healer era, the OTP in Healer was shooting of the record in their chemistry and the KBS and writernim Song Ji Na really dare to write in good kisses and believeable skinship, like interwined hands... thru out the whole dramas.. and mid-point where there was anep seems suggesting "You-Know-What" may happen.... we all gone hysterically crazy, and gone speculating.. i wasnt in soompi then, i was parking myself in Dramabeans back then before moving over to soompi for good...

i think a certain degree of delulu for fun is allowed if written in good taste, and not vulgar, nor abusive and not comparing actors to actors... this is a space where people used fake names and fake identity even to guard their own privacy... so they felt completely safe to rant or swoon when they are unable to show any real thoughts in their real lives... a little indulgene wont harm.

• Like 9

@selenetteyes it is the makeup that you put on your face.  I'm a beauty blogger since 2005 but my first blog got hacked in 2006  and in 2007 I opened another one,  I think GRP rushed there bec her name appeared on the card, but he had a chance to capture Eunuch... I know we never had a chance but I think his punishment was to remember everything.....  

@makeuptemple  Hi!  (I love your username, btw. Is "makeup" there the makeup we put on? Sorry for my curiosity). That last scene confuses me, actually. Is Wang Yeo back on Reaper duty, or does he simply rush to the scene because of Eun-tak's death note? Judging from his attire, he's on duty... but we never see his getting a clearance. Or is this a narrative jump?

Asking @winterdew and @MaysoonD to clarify too...

@maryofbethany I was also teasing myself when I said we are all turning into pervs...  The first actor turned me into perv probably Harwick... Wallace, Wang, LJK, LMH, Joo Sang Wook, So Ji Suv list goes on... I have been teasing my girlfriend in Hong Kong lately to arrange me a date with Wang..  she actually send me a video on new year's eve on snapchat while she was crossing China to Hong Kong and I have noticed Goblin Poster in the street.  Immediately had :tongue: sometimes I become senile watching few dramas in a day...

I actually had no intentions of watching Goblin, but I liked the storyline and got hooked and became fan Gong Yoo fan.   there are dramas that I dropped even though my fav actors were in, as I find the female leeds annoying, I have dropped Melvin's latest drama, Wang's when a snail falls in love, Joo's latest drama all dropped bec I could not shipped them with female leeds...

As well as the storyline, the actors and actress main and second leads are important.  Sometimes screenwriters think oh we got Gong Yoo he has got a lot of fans, if just hook his fans we can get enough ratings, that's wrong.  

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, rrmski said:

When I watched the special live, I was rather disappointed. But after I finished watching it with subtitles, I realized the captions are important for better understanding. If you're bored and want more Dokkaebi in your life, you need to watch it. It has cute moments. The screencaps I added made me laugh. How can they describe him so well? LOL!

I was going to completely skip the special episode but your screencaps make me want to watch now! BRB.

• Like 6

http://www.ibtimes.sg/goblin-behind-scenes-clip-shows-gong-yoos-fondness-kim-go-eun-6370

Goblin: Behind-the-scenes clip shows Gong Yoo's fondness for Kim Go-eun

1484209747_gong-yoo-kim-go-eun.jpg

The love between a 939-year old Goblin and a high school girl, fated to be his bride in this life, is the key element of 'Goblin: The Lonely and Great God.' It is she who can finally release him from the curse of walking the earth as an undead and send his soul to heaven by pulling out his goblin sword that was thrust onto his chest. However, it now appears that Gong Yoo, who plays the titular hero of the K-drama, is also quite fond of actress Kim Go-eun, who plays Ji Eun-tak, his girlfriend.

News outlet Soompi points out a recently released behind-the-scenes clip from tvN, which shows Gong Yoo and Kim Go-eun sharing many a light moment in between their shoots and while speaking their dialogues. The actors do adlibs and laugh almost throughout the shooting. At one point Gong Yoo looks at the cameraman and asks "Isn't she pretty? She's so pretty right?" to which the 27-year old Kim Go-eun smiles, visibly embarrassed by the compliment from her co-star.

In the video, we see Gong Yoo and Kim Go-eun practising their scenes and continuously disrupting one another's work, in a light manner. We see her annoy him by taking his photo when in fact in the actual episode she was ignoring him intentionally. We also see her a little further in the clip making faces at the camera cracking Gong Yoo up, not letting him shoot his scene. But he cannot stop himself from bursting out laughing, looking at the guileless but mischievous face of Go-eun. We also see Gong Yoo offering her a bouquet of flowers with which they were filming, to Go-eun for fun.

In the scene when the Goblin has brought her to their home after saving her from falling off a building, Gong Yoo rehearses the shot where he goes and bear hugs Go-eun's character when she thinks he is angry because Eun-tak risked her life. In the behind the scenes clip we see Gong Yoo read his dialogue from his script and walk straight and hug Go-eun. But when he hugs her, a loud embarrassing noise happens, making both the actors laugh.

We are also treated to Gong Yoo waving a paper, mimicking a hand-made fan, on Go-eun's face with the latter grabbing his arm to stop him. The last segment of the video shows Gong Yoo taking a picture of Go-eun on his mobile phone. He turns to the cameraman and asks him, "Isn't she pretty? She's so pretty right?"Obviously she's pretty, with that adorable baby face of hers. In Gong Yoo's defence it can be said that he was just pointing to how fans actually see Kim Go-eun rather than expressing his own thoughts. However, if he said it genuinely, he's right anyway. Kim Go-eun is pretty.

With only three episodes left to go, 'Goblin' has become the most popular K-drama for on South Korean television. The questions that remain are what happens to Goblin and Eun tak; to the Grim Reaper and Sunny and to Park Joong-won's ghost?

A special episode of 'Goblin' will air before episode 14, which has been pushed back till January 20. Episode 13 will air on January 13, followed by the interim special. Episode 15 and 16 will air back-to-back on January 21.

• Like 15

could you please stay realistic?

If ET was pregnant (she is not) :

1. She would have to break off school
2. not work and fly uproad like that
3. in Korea single moms (and their kids) are branded ... it changed a bit, but there is not much future in it

No way would a sensible writer freely play with that

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, maryofbethany said:

@makeuptemple haha. just to let u know.. it quite common for fans to turn Pervs and allow our "dark sides" to overcometh us.. when the casts are that awesome. you understand, another reason why we said so here becoz, in soompi we are all feeling very "at home"...

Exactly, I feel like y'all are family now. We've all exposed out dark sides and know each other very well. It's like home <3

http://www.inquisitr.com/3882550/goblin-k-drama-ep-13-review-ep-14-preview-sacrifice-redemption-tragedy/
‘Goblin’ Ep 13 Review, Ep 14 Preview: Sacrifice, Redemption And Tragedy Mix Perfectly In K-Drama’s Best Episode Yet

Goblin might have been taking its time and somewhat stagnating during its last few episodes, but Ep. 13 made up for everything that fans complained about during the past few weeks. Considering the gravity of the events in Goblin Episode 13, as well as the nature of Episode 14’s preview, it seems safe to assume that the next three episodes, which are set to air next week, would have very high standards to live up to. After all, for all intents and purposes, Ep. 13 is by far the best and most intense episode in the ongoing K-drama so far.

Goblin Ep. 13 started off from the point where the previous episode left off, with the titular character ripping on the Grim Reaper for his sins in the past. K-drama website Drama Beans noted that the coldness in Kim Shin’s actions against his best friend was particularly chilling, as the amnesiac Reaper struggled to comprehend the gravity of his sins in his past life. It should be noted that Goblin Ep. 12, which was packed with a lot of substance about the Reaper’s past life as a weak and foolish king, helped viewers empathize with the tragic character.

Over the course of the episode, the Reaper’s grave sin was discussed, which was revealed to be his long and painful suicide 900 years ago. It was revealed that due to his actions and the number of casualties his weakness has caused, he was cursed to work as a Reaper. Goblin Ep. 13 featured numerous notable scenes featuring the reincarnated king, including a particularly impactful moment when he confronted the K-drama’s primary antagonist by physically grabbing the evil Park Joong-Heon by the throat.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, itzibitzispider said:

could you please stay realistic?

If ET was pregnant (she is not) :

1. She would have to break off school
2. not work and fly uproad like that
3. in Korea single moms (and their kids) are branded ... it changed a bit, but there is not much future in it

No way would a sensible writer freely play with that

1. Not if KS stays home to take care of it

2. Not if KS stays home to take care of it

3. KS doesn't care

I know, I know, it's totally not happening. A pregnancy in a relationship where they're not even married (technically) is way out of the scope of Korean dramas and KES knows better than to turn it all cliche.

Doesn't mean they didn't get down and dirty that night though :wink:

This is what I think'll happen

1 minute ago, janeeta said:

Exactly, I feel like y'all are family now. We've all exposed out dark sides and know each other very well. It's like home <3

@janeeta only here, among 'family' we don't judge each others.. i can post the silly 'parody' about the BBQ scene turn 50 shades (almost), and none of you cast me into fire or burnt me like salem witch....  so that's that... what swooning idols is all about, is just let our INNER MAN run free for a while in our real skin, while moment we left the soompi thread, we are back to our double-life, hard and cool and sensible....
do we talk like you in real life,... i bet none will. you will not recognise me if you see me on the road.. i am nowhere near what i reveal here... right, Brides and Queens and Immortals... just go 'WILD" within the house-rules set by soompi... who knows Mods may be giggling (silently) with my pervy jokes too? ( @LyraYoo :wub:right or wrong?)

• Like 2

Thanks for the post @bebebisous33 :heart:..I loved how you contrasted WY the King and WY the GrimReaper.  I also liked that his actions now was him making up for all that he has done wrong to KS in the past.

Episode 13 - There were many great scenes but if I may be brave enough to say this (oh well, here goes) , because this is KES' universe...she makes up the rules as she goes along and sometimes I'm bewildered as a viewer. The same feeling I had when she brought back Capt YSJ in dots from the brink of death or like in W_Two Worlds (one of my favourites from 2016) where they kept rebooting and the very compromised ending. But anyhow , this show is a fantasy genre and I suppose all is possible. Overall, I enjoyed the eps and was moved by the scenes. I have several questions in my head (including the one you brought up about KS knowing that WY's death was suicide) but I will need to properly sit down & rewatch eps13 before I bring them up.

http://www.ibtimes.co.in/goblin-episode-14-will-not-be-aired-january-14-whats-next-eun-tak-712229

Goblin episode 14 will not be aired on January 14; what's next for Eun Tak?

The previous episode saw Gong Yoo's character Kim Shin ending his immortal life.

1484381733_goblin.jpg

Episode 13 saw the bromance between Shin and the Grim Reaper coming to an end after Shin realises that the Reaper is the reincarnation of the young Wang Yeo. Shin and Eun Tak leaves the home they shared with the Reaper and moves into Chairman Yu's house, which leaves Deok-hwa confused.

We got a feel of how devastated both Shin and the Reaper are when the latter calls Deok-hwa, and Shin answers the call. They do not talk to each other, but they do not hang up either and it is evident that both Shin and the Reaper miss each other.

The episode also saw the Reaper regaining his memory and recollecting all the deaths he caused because of his jealousy. This results in him recollecting the role his eunuch played in ruining the young king's life, which ultimately led him to order the deaths of Shin, the Queen and all their relatives. One of the biggest sins the Reaper committed in his life as Wang Yeo was committing suicide and this is something Shin struggles to forgive him for, as the Queen gave up her life to protect Wang Yeo.

The episode ended with Shin coming up with a plan to kill Park Joong Heon, the eunuch ghost, forever. But it resulted in his own death and the final shot was of a devastated Eun Tak crying for her dead lover.

What's next for Eun Tak? It looks like it's up to the Grim Reaper to bring back Shin from wherever he has disappeared to. A flash forward scene showed Eun Tak waiting for someone in the restaurant in Canada that she used to visit with Shin, and all hopes are on her awaiting Shin's return. How he becomes a part of Eun Tak's life is still a mystery.

• Like 9

I wonder if we need to prepare some diazepam for next week or some other pills to avoid heart attack.   I will prepare a bottle of chilled bottle of wine ready before ep14...  We need to ask the writer :tongue: if she she yes it means we need to prepare ourselves for the worst.. :) but lets hope we'll have a happy ending. 

Imagine me and you, I do
I think about you day and night, it's only right
To think about the girl you love and hold her tight
So happy together

If I should call you up, invest a dime
And you say you belong to me and ease my mind
Imagine how the world could be, so very fine
So happy together

I can't see me lovin' nobody but you
For all my life
When you're with me, baby the skies'll be blue
For all my life

Me and you and you and me
No matter how they toss the dice, it had to be
The only one for me is you, and you for me
So happy together

I can't see me lovin' nobody but you
For all my life
When you're with me, baby the skies'll be blue
For all my life

So happy together

Ba-ba-ba-ba ba-ba-ba-ba ba-ba-ba ba-ba-ba-ba
Ba-ba-ba-ba ba-ba-ba-ba ba-ba-ba ba-ba-ba-ba

So happy together

So happy together
How is the weather
So happy together
We're happy together
So happy together
Happy together
So happy together
So happy together (ba-ba-ba-ba ba-ba-ba-ba)

• Like 2

@selenette Oh yeah, I also heard the birds. I really liked it.
I also loved that song; there are nice sound effects every time the actors' name appear on screen. Very nicely edited!

@bebebisous33 Didn't KS knew he committed suicide way back? I always assumed that when he returned to the palace, realized he had arrived too late, and took that painting of his sister, he knew the King had probably given up because of the guilt. No?

I guess I need to rewatch the first episodes :wink:

• Like 6

http://www.asiastarz.com/articles/20782/20170114/ailee-reigns-music-charts-goblin-ost-will-go-first-snow.htm

Ailee reigns music charts with ‘Goblin’ OST ‘I Will Go to You Like the First Snow’; tvN to air special episode

It looks like the viewers of the tvN hit drama starring Gong Yoo, Lee Dong Wook, Kim Go Eun, and Yoo In Na is loving Ailee's track "I Will Go to You Like the First Snow," part 9 of the OST, as it topped all major music charts a week after its official release, Allkpop reported. The OST is a theme for Kim Shin (Gong) and Ji Eun Tak's (Kim) fateful love story.

Meanwhile, it is worth noting that the show network, tvN previously announced that they will be releasing a special episode on Jan. 14. The episode will be divided into two parts which revolves around the knotty relationship between the characters.

"Goblin will reach a turning point in the storyline in the 13th episode. We want to ensure our viewers are able to easily enjoy the rest of the episodes, so we will be releasing a special episode on the 14th, divided into 2 parts, encompassing the knotty relationships between the characters; they'll foreshadow the rest of the episodes in an interesting way," Koreaboo reported.

Their latest episode which aired yesterday clocked in a viewership rating of 16.52 percent in Seoul's metropolitan area, and a 14.25 percent nationwide, as per AGB Nielsen. With ratings as high as those, fans are surely sad knowing that there are only four episodes left before the show wraps up on Jan. 21.

Consequently, episode 14 will be aired on Jan. 20, while episodes 15 and 16 aired consecutively on the following day. The drama premiered its first episode last Dec. 2.

The drama depicts the story of an immortal goblin (Gong) - the protector of souls and his housemate, the amnesiac grim reaper (Lee) who is in charge of taking deceased souls. One day the goblin meet a high school girl named Ji Eun Tak (Kim), who has a special ability to see ghosts, and is destined to be his bride and return him to ashes.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, janeeta said:

1. Not if KS stays home to take care of it

2. Not if KS stays home to take care of it

3. KS doesn't care

I know, I know, it's totally not happening. A pregnancy in a relationship where they're not even married (technically) is way out of the scope of Korean dramas and KES knows better than to turn it all cliche.

Doesn't mean they didn't get down and dirty that night though :wink:

This is what I think'll happen

But he won't see her right away ... looking at the spoiler he will be gone for a few years

Years that would be torture for a single mother and so ... not right

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, carolinedl said:

@selenette Oh yeah, I also heard the birds. I really liked it.
I also loved that song; there are nice sound effects every time the actors' name appear on screen. Very nicely edited!

Listen to this opening with noise cancellation or super expensive headphones. It's a whole other experience!

7 minutes ago, maryofbethany said:

@janeeta only here, among 'family' we don't judge each others.. i can post the silly 'parody' about the BBQ scene turn 50 shades (almost), and none of you cast me into fire or burnt me like salem witch....  so that's that... what swooning idols is all about, is just let our INNER MAN run free for a while in our real skin, while moment we left the soompi thread, we are back to our double-life, hard and cool and sensible....
do we talk like you in real life,... i bet none will. you will not recognise me if you see me on the road.. i am nowhere near what i reveal here... right, Brides and Queens and Immortals... just go 'WILD" within the house-rules set by soompi... who knows Mods may be giggling (silently) with my pervy jokes too? ( @LyraYoo :wub:right or wrong?)

Haha exactly! This is a judgement free zone. Just like how in the shipper's paradise for our Goblin couple, we are rooting for KGE's breakup so she gets with GY #NoJudgement #WellAllGoToHellTogether