[Drama 2016-2017] Guardian: The Lonely and Great Goblin 도깨비

Go Seung Ji

I don't know what has goblin done to me but after watching ep 13 i don't even dare to listening to their Osts. I will start crying when i start listening to it. I even feel gloomy for the whole day just because of ep 13.Heol... goblin... wow. 

I need ep 14 asap so i can back to my normal life :wacko:

• Like 10

27 minutes ago, Visually-wandering said:

Я просто хочу видеть поцелуй дольше и медленнее, что я скачал HD клипы и редактировать его. Увеличение и уменьшение масштаба сделал это медленнее. Теперь я буду спать и мечтать о воссоединении наших пар в счастливый момент. Достаточно слезы ....

Omo. Omo ..... what a kiss ... language ........ biting her lip ....

Guys, I have long been watching Korean dramas, but a frank and passionate kiss for the first time see.

Died of happiness ...))) :wub:

• Like 18

@Nymeria289 @gamshe

Aahhh..the tragedy of us WangSun fans. I feel like now it's even useless to complain, it is what it is. I am happy that LDW-YN have managed to set a new convention that a couple doesn't need more screentime to make people root for them. Quality matters not the quantity. Like you Nymeira, I am also praying to DramaGods for a show with LDW-YN as leads only with lots of skinship and a happy ending. Human desperation..gods will answer.:D

26 minutes ago, Nymeria289 said:

I have officially accepted that WangSun couple may not/won't have any more scenes. That's one thing that is a letdown for me in this show, hopefully even if they don't get there happy ending here, we can write fanfics. Or we can pray to DramaGods that LDY-YN couple get their own show in some other network. The second option sounds exceptionally appealing to me since then it is a win win for all.

53 minutes ago, gamshe said:

I remember there was one episode that did not have one single WangSun scene and too little Sunny scenes, I was so dissappointed. And I even had a dream (nightmare) where there was no WangSun scene in the next episode too ahahah thankfully it didn't become true. I think I am just so invested in their story.

I know I am whining right now but I really want an official mv with WangSun. :tears: But I think it is too late for it. And there is no other album cover besides Eddy Kim ost...:tears:

@siddy09 I agree that sad-endings tend to stay more with you, I think this is one of the reasons why tragedies like Romeo&Juliet are classics. But I don't wish for a sad ending for WangSun. I think we have seen enough sad moments with them to not forget them for a long time :tears: I think there is only one scene where there were actually happy throughout the whole scene (What do you like? You :wub::tears: But I am also preparing my heart for a sad ending because...well it is going that way. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, hairuchii said:

Yes, it is his lips, isn't it? I think it is also the way his upper body hunches over his female co-stars too - it just gives off this rawness and this... all-consuming intensity that comes on within seconds, as if he has been restraining it all this while. It helps that he has broad shoulders too (from all his swimming while growing up). I will never forget how his body looked in The Suspect, and A Man and A Woman. :blink:

For me, the most memorable lines in KS's last words are "I will come as the rain... I will come as the first snow". :bawling: This line made the scene even more sentimental and heartbreaking for me. Kim Shin and Eun Tak wouldn't have known that Kim Shin would return (We all know he will... otherwise, what else are we going to watch in the next THREE episodes?)... and he means that he will live in her memories. His words also tries to offer Eun Tak solace in that he will be right by her side whenever warm rain falls on her, or the soft snow caresses her cheek.. As they fall every year, he will be with her for every year as she grows older... alive in her memories, and alive in the rain and the snow.

GOSH. THE FEELS. :bawling:

Lol are you single? I am single, and this depiction, and details of shin /gong yoo is not helping at all. Talk about expectations. If anything you don't want to look into these details too much and make some kind of fantasy in your head regarding the dokkaebi,eeee..

• Like 6

8 hours ago, itzibitzispider said:

Did he?

Did uriGR promise?
I wonder at that, as when KS asked him (for what we saw),
to erase her memory when he and her mark are gone for good
uriGR was standing in the middle of Seoul, traffic all around
him and that dummy tried to video-call with KS and did not
hear a single word properly until KS was that frustrated
muttering "I leave the deed in your room, hung up and
muttered "What am I to do with him?"

We never saw that they met in GRs room, exchanged the
deed with that promise. We just saw KS requesting
it from GR not that the dummyKing actually
promised to do so.

I say he will not.
Also due to the fact that he was already
suspended for abusing his powers on
mortal souls and that would be
as if he would stretch his
luck a bit to far

@itzibitzispider - I agree, I don't think that GR will erase her memories....why?  He usually doesn't do what the Goblin wants him to do.  The Goblin made him "promise" not to tell ET about what would happen when the sword was removed, yet, GR did tell her that Goblin would turn to ashes and disappear.  Personally, I think that ET is strong enough to handle it.  Yes, she will be sad, but she will hopefully have others to help her mourn, Sunny - just lost her brother again...GR and DW will need each other for comfort.  Forgetting what happened as we learned with GR doesn't necessarily mean that you always forget the feelings associated with the pain.  It would feel a bit weird, if ET's "family" where all sad and she was the only one that wasn't.

Also, just a thought....I keep going back to the scene when Chairman, before he died, told the secretary (new CEO)  That one day a man may appear to him with the name "Kim Shin" and he will be asking him for his "things" and that he was not to ask questions but just give them to him.  Maybe it's not just the "flight tickets and property arrangements" but something deeper and associated with Kim Shin's return...just a thought....

• Like 12

Episode # Original broadcast date Average audience share
AGB Nielsen

Ratings[35]

TNmS

Ratings[36]

Nationwide Seoul Peak
December 2, 2016
6.322%
7.540%
9.3%
6.7%
December 3, 2016
7.904%
10.024%
11.2%
8.1%
December 9, 2016
12.471%
14.274%
16.1%
12.0%
December 10, 2016
11.373%
13.768%
15.3%
12.7%
December 16, 2016
11.507%
12.075%
16.2%
14.0%
December 17, 2016
11.618%
14.772%
16.9%
13.0%
December 23, 2016
12.297%
13.993%
15.5%
13.5%
December 24, 2016
12.344%
14.748%
16.2%
11.6%
December 30, 2016
12.933%
13.333%
16.1%
14.6%
December 31, 2016
12.702%
14.551%
16.9%
13.3%
January 6, 2017
13.894%
15.749%
17.2%
14.8%
January 7, 2017
13.712%
15.680%
17.0%
14.6%
January 13, 2017
14.254%
16.525%
18.0%
15.3%
January 20, 2017

January 21, 2017

January 21, 2017

Average        
Special
January 14, 2017

r88

Episode # Original broadcast date Title Average audience share Highest Internet Ratings
AGB Ratings TNmS Ratings
1 November 6, 2015 "Hand in Hand"
(Korean: 손에 손잡고)
6.1% (2nd) 6.5% 61.2%
2 November 7, 2015 "The One Thing You're Mistaken About Me"
(Korean: 당신이 나에 대해 착각하는 한 가지)
6.8% (1st) 6.7% 59.4%
3 November 13, 2015 "Not Guilty If You’re Rich, Guilty If You’re Poor"
(Korean: 유전무죄 무전유죄)
7.8% (2nd) 8.6% 68.7%
4 November 14, 2015 "Can't help ~ing" 8.3% (1st) 8.0% 69.9%
5 November 20, 2015 "Ready for Winter"
(Korean: 월동준비)
10.1% (2nd) 9.6% 74.3%
6 November 21, 2015 "The First Snow Is Coming"
(Korean: 첫 눈이 온다구요)
9.3% (1st) 8.8% 76.3%
7 November 27, 2015 "To You"
(Korean: 그대에게)
11.0% (2nd) 10.2% 79.8%
8 November 28, 2015 "One Warm Word"
(Korean: 따뜻한 말 한마디)
11.3% (1st) 10.7% 69.6%
9 December 4, 2015 "Crossing The Line"
(Korean: 선을 넘는다는 것)
11.6% (2nd) 10.2% 81.3%
10 December 5, 2015 "Memory" 13.4% (1st) 12.5% 82.4%
11 December 11, 2015 "Three Different Prophecies"
(Korean: 세 가지 예언)
12.2% (1st) 12.3% 83.5%
12 December 12, 2015 "Loving Someone Means"
(Korean: 누군가를 사랑한다는 것은)
13.1% (1st) 11.8% 84.5%
13 December 18, 2015 "Superman Has Returned"
(Korean: 슈퍼맨이 돌아왔다)
12.9% (1st) 12.2% 83.6%
14 December 19, 2015 "Don't Worry, Dear"
(Korean: 걱정 말아요 그대)
15.1% (1st) 13.2% 83.9%
15 December 25, 2015 "Between Love and Friendship"
(Korean: 사랑과 우정 사이)
15.2% (1st) 13.6% 83.2%
16 December 26, 2015 "Life is Ironic - 1"
(Korean: 인생이란 아이러니 - 1)
15.4% (1st) 12.6% 82.2%
17 January 8, 2016 "Life is Ironic - 2"
(Korean: 인생이란 아이러니 - 2)
15.5% (1st) 15.5% 88.7%
18 January 9, 2016 "Goodbye, My First Love"
(Korean: 굿바이 첫사랑)
17.2% (1st) 16.2% 91.1%
19 January 15, 2016 "You Did Your Best"
(Korean: 당신은 최선을 다했다)
17.6% (1st) 17.9% 91.4%
20 January 16, 2016 "Goodbye, Youth
Goodbye, Ssangmun-dong"
(Korean: 안녕 나의 청춘 굿바이 쌍문동)
18.8% (1st) 18.4% 92.5%
Average 12.427% 11.8% 79.4%
0 October 30, 2015 Guide 2.996% - -
Special January 2, 2016 Behind 7.021% 6.7% 23.1%
  • Like 14

I had another question in mind, did the god grant king the tag of reaper before or after he died? Or was it during that time that he was in hell, that he pleaded to the deity to make him a reaper? Also do we know if reapers get to have a redemption or not? Like Kim Shin got his one chance? I do remember one of the reaper saying that one from their kind fled with his lover from past life. So may be GR could have his chance too. Then again, that is not any permanent solution at the end. The halmony said these two would have to pay a heavier price, but by saying that does she seal their fate, or there is chance for amendment, hmm.

# I loved ep 13 more than 11-12. The way the eunuch arrived and kept hovering over them, it was kind of over dramatic for me... and didn't go well with the show's overall tune, or the melancholic mood. With him gone, we can finally come back to the original queries between life and the oddities that goblins/ reapers/humans go through in every day life. Ironically because we are not living in the historical timezones of wars anymore, those eras look like fantasy to us, while it might feel the opposite for them, but there is something so odd about seeing the eunuch still so powerful, it just felt like we have come a long way from the goryeo times, and to still talk about that era, felt a little out of place, imo. Don't know if that makes sense.

• Like 7

@alleram95, thank you for postponing your theses and taking the time analyzing what KS parting words to ET meant. Agree that he meant he has loved her sincerely for awhile. I was dying to hear him saying just that instead of his just "na do"... That was a touching confession from someone who was on edge, very carefull,  afraid whether he should or should not love her under their circumstances despite of his own feelings. You can see ET's tense expressions and ended with bawling when he vanished seconds after he said that. This scene was beautifully done, sad, devastating but necessary to move the story to get to a happier place.

• Like 11

1: 90'

2: 80'

3: 80'

4: 60'

5: 60'

6: 80'

7: 70'

8: 80'

9: 80'

10: 80'

11: 70'

12: 90'

13: 90'

So will we have 3 hours final next saturday?

I remember watching running man, they normally blur the brand name on hat or shirt, i heard its because the law that it doesnt allow to promote a brand name for long time on tv. While in goblin there are lots of PPL, if its the main network they wont allow to have that many right?

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, sooyoungdaebak said:

I actually feel sorry for those actresses that have been kissed by Gong Yoo. His kiss simply ruin other namjha's kisses. Eg: Yoon Eun Hye still chose GY's kiss as THE best kiss till today even though Coffee Prince was years ago and she had acted with many other actors... :lol: 

I love how in this kissing scene, GY took charge in the beginning and then he let KGE took over without losing his control over her lips. And that tongue did taste her. Yes, there's tongue involved after I zoomed it in till my screen is filled up with their mouth only...:lol:B) Not his whole tongue, just the tip to touch and taste her. 

I dunno why I'm even analyzing this scene. *drinking clorox shots* *Walking to Sunil Mental Hospital* :crazy:

@Visually-wandering Thanks for sharing the vid!  

IKR ! 

such a weird moment to analyze it and weird moment to read other comments about it , but no doubt that Gong Yoo is the best kisser in K-movies/ dramas ! 

but chingo, you know what !! 

the weirdest thing ever that we have only one kiss by him while the drama is tvN drama and the writer is the same one who wrote Secret Garden which was loaded with kisses despite being on nation tv SBS !! 

Come on writer-nim ! how comes you ignore all of these facts especially you finally get to cast GY in your drama after freaking 5 years !! 

• Like 10

@siddy09 like you said, the tragedy.......I have decided to fully accept it is what it is and like you said, lets form a prayer circle and pray to the old god and the new for a new show fast for Yoo Inna and Lee Dong Wook. OCN, JTBC, TVN, webdrama, dramax, Oksusu I don't care, just give me more of them with more skinship and more passion.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Sunshine_Her said:

I want to give a big high-five to all those who are able to watch episode 13 more than once. This girl right here, cannot.

But I think I am doing pretty good 24 hours post-kim shin death. On the road to recovery...

That's why you're doing well. I watched it live and without understanding most of it, bawled my eyes out. Then watched it raw, bawled even harder. The watched it with subs and lost it cause the words cut deep. Then rewatched it at night thinking that I'd be okay this time and that maybe I'd be able to focus better on non-sad scenes, nope, lost it again. I had a dream about Goblin and woke up this morning feeling sad. Opened IG and saw the dying scene in my explore page autoplaying and LIKE SERIOUSLY I CAN'T SEEM TO CATCH A BREAK. 

Trying to assure myself that everything is okay thanks to spoilers, bts, etc. I'm probably gonna be super empty inside once the show is over though. HOW WILL I LIVE WITHOUT MY SHINTAK BABIES <3