[Drama 2016-2017] Guardian: The Lonely and Great Goblin 도깨비

Go Seung Ji

1 hour ago, RobinM said:

Regarding Names:

Names are important in Korean culture and unless you are family or married a well brought younger  person uses titles for people 

A guy not much older than you, of your generation is an Oppa if you are on close or affectionate terms I.E. Deok Hwa or Tae Hee

Ahjussi is a normal  term for Middle aged men by Younger people. She called both Grim and Goblin this. If she was actually married she could and would call the latter by his actual name but not now. It would be seen as Rude and borderline disrespectful now. 

For Completeness sake an elderly man like the Deceased Chairman would be  Haraboji if they were reasonably close and she felt comfortable. 

There are  various others for different people depending on the relationship and age but that is why she called him what she she does. A good well mannered young woman this one. 

Thanks, RobinM! Granted, this is not my first kdrama (my very first one was The Heirs... heheheheh) but I took the names for granted. Like I said, I see them as "equals" already when she became an adult and wondered why he was still an Ahjussi. (I know Yeobo is a stretch right now since they're not really married). 

Someone made a very good point about My Love from Another Star... while Cheon Song Yi didn't call him an Ahjussi, she did refer to him as Do-manager for quite some time. hahahah 

Let me end with this--I watch Goblin with my pre-teen son. We love it so much and we laughed our heads off at the tunnel scene. We kept replaying that scene over and over even at random times... we pretty much memorized the dialogue. We also turn up the volume during the intro because the music was, in his words, "epic." 

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, juliacaesar said:

I am a bit like you. I'm one of those boring people that believes that when you die... You're just dead. No entering any heaven, hell, limbo, no reincarnation etc. It's just darkness and your body stops functioning, becoming non-existant. I don't believe in how all living bodies have a soul either, so no passing over to another working body or no haunting in the afterlife or anything supernatural. However, I want it to be as if you are reborn into a new life. My wish is for that to be the truth, but I firmly believe it isn't. See what I mean? 

And I'd like to add something of relevance here: There is a thing called "fate", that some people believe in as well, like the Goblin's bride's fate is to "kill" the Goblin. I wanna give my 2 cents on that as well and say... I don't believe in that either haha. A philosopher named John Locke was (probably) the first to come up with how "Every person is born without a predestined fate". Instead, we decide on our own life's progression. We are born like a blank piece of paper, in which we ourselves hold the pen to continue writing on our own life's book. ...Didn't that sentence I just made up sound totally cool? Anyway, this is also what I believe. That there is no such thing as a pre-set path for us to take. We decide our lives and when that life is over, that's pretty much it. No more chance for ya there. 

glad you pointed out the thing abt fate.

Given, i strongly believe that we are just biochemical products, the concept of fate just becomes a romantic/literary idea.

However, curious things happened lately. So, recently i have been ratifying how astrology science works. And it is very interesting to note that accuracy of predictions of big events in life ( gender of kids to be born, marriage- age and type of man, education, job, health) is quite high. Have seen so many couples getting predicted accurately as to what the unborn child will be (even before marriage)..

Now i do want to relate this to predictive analytics.. but then that again amazes me that how or why every vibration/energy is connected and constantly impacting each other..

I totally get your, i don't believe but i wish xxx were true.

I'd really hope for fate to not be a true thing so that one can have some hope of shaping one's own life

• Like 3

I just wake up from a sweet dream, I was dreaming of Gong Yoo anyway hahaha :blush: thanks to you all who has filled my head with all about Goblin because i read this forum just before i went to sleep. apparently gong yoo has left somewhere in corner of my head when i fell asleep.. not complaining though hahaha

thanks  @maryofbethany for mentioned me in your post, we do share the same feeling of our ship couple :wub:

i am relatively new in this forum, it was such enjoyment reading @packmule3 analysis, you had explain the ET/KS relationship in the best way possible.. 

level of understanding @packmule3 mentioned is really spot on haha, I need to read it slow and carefully to catch the whole meaning. found that some part of it was really something that i have in mind but because I come from a country that English is our (probably) third language, i can not really expressing my thought as beautifully and as detail as you did. so it was so refreshing reading your analysis, love it. Please tag me also in your next analysis. i don't want to missed it.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

I am really curious for some real life philosophy

Q: What is your personal opinion on concept of life, rebirth? Since we have people from so many nationalities and cultures in here, it would be interesting to see how and what has shaped up our beliefs..

Just quoting the question so that I can answer: 

Everyone has their opinion. But here is my answer:

Though, I'm a lover of science and mathematics (majored in Engineering), I do believe in the concept of life, rebirth, some super power which we don't know. I'm Hindu, Indian. You could say I'm very spiritual but not superstitious. I have had no problems with moving along with people with different views. I have been raised by my parents to love and appreciate all religion. Thus many a times, I'd be calling Gods of all religions in a stressful situation...haha... I just believe in a super-power, doesn't matter which religion. 

So back to your question: I guess my belief in rebirth and life does stem from Hinduism . 

Well I think Body and Spirit are two different things. From the day we are born, till the day we die, our body grows, changes and withers, but our soul never really ages or dies. The way we think, the way we feel is from our inner self (our consciousness or soul). (So what I mean is, even I'm 90 years old, I'm going to still go gaga about the kdrama Goblin.:wub:) Our soul keeps on taking rebirths till it understand the path to break the cycle and be with the Supreme Power. How to break the cycle? By not being cruel, by respecting others, Being true to oneself and others, by helping people, by not being demeaning others, being selfless etc etc.The more sins you do, the longer that path is going to be (going back to being born as animals, plants, etc etc).

I do not believe in preset life, everything already being written somewhere. We are responsible for the choices we take and path we take.

In everyday life, I really don't care about it that much. I just want to be a kind, loving person and do some kind of service to the people. That's why I am changing careers and becoming a teacher. Simply put, The better I lead my present life, the better life I might have in my next birth. 

This question really had me thinking... 

56 minutes ago, ucylucy said:

All, I'm really sad after reading the article from Koala about the tight Goblin live shooting that caused Gong Yoo and Lee Dong Wook to need medical treatment from exhaustion.

For the ending of Ep 12, the cast and crew worked for 12 hours straight, from 8 pm to 8 am. Not only that, many crew members are working nonstop up to 48 hours, coming early to prep for filming and staying over to break down equipment after filming. All of the cast and crew of Goblin are working really hard, diligent and near exhaustion to deliver to us, the viewers, their best work and to make the best drama that the viewers will continue to love and enjoy.

Let's not do them any disservice by continuing to argue about which actor is better or about which ship is better or which story line is better. Let's just stop arguing among ourselves and instead, continue to give unconditional love and support to every cast member in this drama. The cast members are risking their health to bring us the best possible episode every week. Let's return their love by praying for their health and appreciating their hard work. Let's bring only positive energy and positive feelings in this forum and leave all the negative comments and feedback from the other websites where it belongs, back at their websites. This forum is only about LOVE and LOVE for everything Goblin, including the great fantasy and romantic story line,  it's very talented and awesome cast and crew member and the product placements that enable them to give us the best drama possible. Only 2 weeks to go. Let's cherish and treasure every moment we have with them.

FIGHTING!!

Read the article here at http://koalasplayground.com/2017/01/10/goblin-in-extremely-tight-live-shooting-and-male-leads-reportedly-need-medical-attention-for-exhaustion/

Send you my love. 

Thank you very much <3

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, itzibitzispider said:

Yes sadly he is ... *sigh*

jaja ofcourse salt won't work.  It did not work on the person I did not want to come to my palace as well..   try smearing door handles with patchouli oil. I need to go into my notes to find more 4 u..   Try scaring him off lol.   

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Chellsee said:

Best K-drama back hug ever! :blush:

I'll turn your night into a feast :)) 

Spoiler

@Chellsee

eg this is an example that they are a good couple, there's chemo between them.. look how back hugs her, look at his facial expression !!! 

Edited by LyraYoo
please do not quote images ^^
  • Like 11

13 heart fluttering songs we love from the Goblin OST

5cfe3098-23e7-4517-952d-204b42eed0f2.jpg

Goblin: The Lonely and Great God makes your heart flutter and your heart ache. The OST is no different. Each week as the drama progresses, new songs from the soundtrack are released reminding you of the complicated but hopeful love between Goblin (Gong Yoo) and his bride (Kim Go Eun), and Grim Reaper (Lee Dong Wook) and the chicken restaurant owner (Yoo In Na). According to Naver’s real-time music chart at 5 p.m. KST on January 10, seven of the top 10 songs in South Korea belong to Goblin. Perhaps it’s too early to say, but judging from the love the drama and OST is receiving domestically and internationally, the series is poised to become a classic. In order of release, travel through the 13 songs released so far on the beautiful and emotional musical journey that is the Goblin OST.

1. Chanyeol and Punch - "Stay With Me"

“Stay With Me” by Chanyeol from EXO and Punch perfectly introduced the world to the Goblin OST. The song set the tone audiences could expect for the drama and soundtrack: a beautiful but desperate yearning for love. Even though it was released only a little over a month ago on December 2, the music video has already racked in 20 million views! 

2. 10cm - "My Eyes"

The second song released for the OST, “My Eyes” is a song about the innocent and hesitant feelings of first falling in love. Indie band 10cm’s take on these feelings is musically translated into a simple acoustic guitar and light keyboard melody that projects a bright, open atmosphere.

Read the rest of the songs/article here https://www.dramafever.com/news/10-songs-from-the-goblin-ost-for-your-playlist/

• Like 18

9 minutes ago, ceressi said:

The journey of photobox kiss :wub:

ShinTak FMV - And I am Here

viewimage.php?id=25b2d221ead034af60&no=2

hahaha  so cute!!  Thanks for sharing the pic @ceressi. Apparently KS ask for a kiss first to ET.. we never see it in the broadcast .

No wonder Go Eun couldn't stop laughing during the filming, GY acted so funny. they are so lovely :wub:

• Like 16

Just a thought. 

Read some interesting posts about Eun Tak's classmate. The class president. 

Perhaps she was just there as a reason for Dokkaebi to try and find Eun Tak. 

What I mean is that she was the one who brought the result slip to Eun Tak's old house and Dokkaebi was there. She passes him the result slip.

Remember that he then sat at home with the slip in his hands and then decides on the drastic actions on the fog and the red moon and the man who came back to life (and giving the Grim reapers socks as an advance apology) 

Later on when he found her at the ski resort, he gave her the slip as a excuse to see her. 

So the class president was just a method of moving the story along. 

PS. Sorry if this has been raised. And I recall seeing someone mention that the class president in the beginning is not the same as the one who talked to Eun Tak (time to rewatch the first few episodes!)

• Like 13

6 minutes ago, NRGchick said:

Just a thought. 

Read some interesting posts about Eun Tak's classmate. The class president. 

Perhaps she was just there as a reason for Dokkaebi to try and find Eun Tak. 

What I mean is that she was the one who brought the result slip to Eun Tak's old house and Dokkaebi was there. She passes him the result slip.

Remember that he then sat at home with the slip in his hands and then decides on the drastic actions on the fog and the red moon and the man who came back to life (and giving the Grim reapers socks as an advance apology) 

Later on when he found her at the ski resort, he gave her the slip as a excuse to see her. 

So the class president was just a method of moving the story along. 

PS. Sorry if this has been raised. And I recall seeing someone mention that the class president in the beginning is not the same as the one who talked to Eun Tak (time to rewatch the first few episodes!)

you mean the girl who talked to her before & during the graduation ceremony is different than the girl in the first ep1? there were a couple of girls who were bullying her bec she could talk & see the ghosts?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, makeuptemple said:

you mean the girl who talked to her before & during the graduation ceremony is different than the girl in the first ep1? there were a couple of girls who were bullying her bec she could talk & see the ghosts?

LOL..I may be confusing myself. At work now so I can't screencap. Will try to do so when I can. 

• Like 1