[Drama 2016-2017] Guardian: The Lonely and Great Goblin 도깨비

Go Seung Ji

51 minutes ago, EstherW said:

Forgive me if I sound really uninterested. I love the drama, I love our 2 OTPs. But why can't KS jus tell WY the grim reaper name and submit PJW name as missing soul and have him 'officially' declared as a missing soul to be collected? Then WY can end his 'evil fate' with KS by his side for PJW to be sent for his punishment! I mean that's why those who are punished don't drink the tea to be sent to the various levels of hell for punishment. *remember the car driver who did not drink the tea?*

Maybe its on the next episode, if they're smart they report it,instead of doing everything by themselves.

anyway for now the scene where KS confront GR is needed. KS is still under emotion,900 years he's looking for wy and just now he knew and know pjw still exist,they still have to resolve their grudge,for them to think logically.imagine, you have a family killed by someone you trust when you feel you did nothing wrong to them,would you really just let it go and put things behind immediately,you surely want to confront them first,on why they did it.i think the king does sin,because he wouldnt listen to other and be wise/open to opinion,he choose jealousy over love.GR would need forgiveness also directly from KS otherwise i dont think he can move on living happily.and for KS to forgive GR and put aside his pride so he can casually interact with him again,together helping each other.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, EstherW said:

Forgive me if I sound really uninterested. I love the drama, I love our 2 OTPs. But why can't KS jus tell WY the grim reaper name and submit PJW name as missing soul and have him 'officially' declared as a missing soul to be collected? Then WY can end his 'evil fate' with KS by his side for PJW to be sent for his punishment! I mean that's why those who are punished don't drink the tea to be sent to the various levels of hell for punishment. *remember the car driver who did not drink the tea?*

Ok GRP came across with the Enoch around 90 yrs ago if I'm not wrong but he was not scared of GRPs. grp couldn't capture him. What I am thinking is this Enoch might be more powerful than we think. Generally the evil souls spirits in limbo use lost souls , low level spirits and evil spirits not as powerful we have seen it in many supernatural dramas including Ghost Whisperer.  

There this child Goblin helped & he became a lawyer he didn't drink tea as well.  He wasn't punished 

• Like 7

I just want to say, goblin set the bar high for a k drama, before i think signal is like cool for a kdrama,the act etc is just like a movie. Only 3 recent kdrama i didnt skip scenes or lazy to follow,sometimes i drop drama after like 9-10 episode because it gets boring xD, the three drama are kill me heal me, signal and goblin.

Hopefully this year we can get more drama like this,though it'll be dangerous coz it makes me unfocus in my works hahaha #flippingsoompiforumpageeveryhour x)

Sorry for personal ramblings,just kinda sad we only have 4 episode to go,it seemed so many yet to see hix hix T_T

• Like 21

26 minutes ago, hallee said:

I so agree on this...KGE's acting in this movie ( A Muse ) probably made writer KES decide that she is the best one to portray Eun Tak....at first i was so surprised that for a newbie actress like KGE, in her first major movie role, she would choose to do a very mature and adult movie..and for that she earned my respect for her love of craft...since not every actress in korea can do what she did and more so in a very conservative culture such as theirs...kudos to KGE and i am sooo hoping for a HEA for my Goblin couple! :-)

Actually I'm still confuse too if it's really KES decided to cast KGE..some commenter in Twitter and IG says that it's GY who recommend and choose Her.. 

• Like 4

My kind of happy ending for Globlin :

PJW is punished and sent to hell for all of enternity. The sword is removed but instead of dying Shin becomes a mortal and lives happily ever after with Eun Tak ! Meanwhile the gods do their magic and allow Wang Yeo to also become a mortal because they pity him. So WangSun also live happily ever after with their average life ! Shin and Yeo are brother in law and Eun Tak and sunny are sister in law ! They're all happy together as a family !

• Like 16

1 hour ago, millie10468 said:

This whole hoopla about KS-JET's "chemistry" or lack thereof has gotten me really interested in whether there is some universal definition of "chemistry" is or whether it is some nebulous construct based on individual preference.

The dictionary defines chemistry as:

chem·is·try
ˈkeməstrē/
noun
noun: chemistry; noun: chem.
  1.  the branch of science that deals with the identification of the substances of which matter is composed; the investigation of their properties and the ways in which they interact, combine, and change; and the use of these processes to form new substances.

the chemical composition and properties of a substance or body.

plural noun: chemistries

"the chemistry of soil"

2.  the complex emotional or psychological interaction between two people.

"their affair was triggered by intense sexual chemistry"

synonyms: affinity, attraction, rapport, spark

"there was a chemistry between them"

Obviously, we're more concerned with #2.

Going by this definition, wouldn't KS and JET have "chemistry" in spades?

• They have interactions that have effect on their mental and emotional state.
  • JET's presence alone is capable of lifting KS's moods up into the heavens (creating flower blossoms out of happiness) or plunging him down to hell (causing rain, red moons, fog, etc).
  • One mention of KS's alleged first love sends JET spiraling into jealousy.
  • And let's not even talk about what the mentioning of Tae Hee does to KS, lol.

Just look at the synonyms associated with "chemistry"--affinity, rapport.

• KS and JET definitely have this.
  • They connect on a more-than-physical level.
  • They "get" each other. They understand each other. You can see this clearly when JET explained to KS that even if she was in danger of dying, she would still "live." And KS understood and didn't try to talk her out of going to school or work.  He understood what kind of person she was.
  • They're friends, family, who also happen to be open to exploring a more romantic relationship.

"Chemistry" doesn't HAVE to be sexual to be classified as chemistry. It can be. Sexual chemistry is the most common type of chemistry shown in media and therefore, it has become almost synonymous with what people expect chemistry to look like. However, at the base of it, "chemistry" is just an intense connection of the mind and emotion with another person.

KS and JET do have "chemistry." It might not be the kind of sexual chemistry people would have wanted. However, it exists. And it cannot be dismissed because it doesn't look the way one wants/expects/predetermines chemistry should look like.

THIS is exactly what I want to see here on the thread. I am glad that you pointed out the various shades of chemistry. The existence of various shades of chemistry do not mean that one is lesser in significance than the other. THANK YOU. :):) 

We should also forget about seeing any kind of sexual chemistry between Kim Shin and Eun Tak at this stage. She is still barely 20 (her birthday is in Oct). Kim Eun Sook Writer-nim and the entire team would be extra careful not to offend any viewers and to be accused of indecency. I'm sure they would have also read the fuss about a 19-year-old and a 939-year-old goblin. They would want to avoid negative press, really.

We may have to wait till Eun Tak is 29. :sweatingbullets: Even then - it's too late to show any sexual chemistry on our screen. Let's just imagine and be happy with the chemistry we see right now. :) 

• Like 23

Just now, miles99 said:

My kind of happy ending for Globlin :

PJW is punished and sent to hell for all of enternity. The sword is removed but instead of dying Shin becomes a mortal and lives happily ever after with Eun Tak ! Meanwhile the gods do their magic and allow Wang Yeo to also become a mortal because they pity him. So WangSun also live happily ever after with their average life ! Shin and Yeo are brother in law and Eun Tak and sunny are sister in law ! They're all happy together as a family !

LOL

I really desperate when my email notifications (i turn on the notification for this thread) come out, and found this statement. likely I agree to this kind of happy ending to end my clueless mind for the ending. hahahahaha. 

I'm sorry boss, I can't even concentrate to my work bcz of hottie ahjussies and one oppa.

seeing dokhwa with that charm when he become vessel of God, he's capable doin serious talk also silly things. I watched him since plus nine boys.

let's wish for the BEST ending. 

• Like 5

Just wanna tell everyone who is interested in the bag KS gave ET. It's gone, sold out...I can't find it anymore on the website. Sob sob, just when I can afford it and it's gone. My life's suck

• Like 7

54 minutes ago, seasonsoftheheart32 said:

I just read on weibo that GY has ended up in the hospital due to exhaustion. Apparently LDW was also in the hospital a few days back.:/ Not unsurprising considering the number of scenes they shoot in the middle of the night >.<

Ah live filming sucks... I hate it when the actors film so much that they have to go to the hospital! That's crazy!...

Anyway I hope they all take care of themselves.

@EstherW Ah that is true that he does not know his name... But could he have tried to find out? I actually wonder how this whole missing soul business goes about... It was not one of his, right? The time frame was not right since the Eunuch died before WY. So who was the Eunuch's GR? Should we even care? (I feel I am getting lost in the details...)

Anyway, I wonder if he felt anything when he met this wandering soul. Since PJW was connected to his past, I wonder what he felt. He did mention at the end of episode 12 that his punishment was feelings without memories so he had to have felt sthg, no?

• Like 8

1 hour ago, seasonsoftheheart32 said:

I just read on weibo that GY has ended up in the hospital due to exhaustion. Apparently LDW was also in the hospital a few days back.:/ Not unsurprising considering the number of scenes they shoot in the middle of the night >.<

:bawling: GY is too stressed out again and lost so much weight in the latest ep.

Poor boys. just a couple of weeks and their life will be back to regular pace before their next project, and we will be in withdrawal syndrome. :confounded:

Hwaiting, Goblin team!:heart:

PS. I :heart: ep 12 so much that I can't even comment on it. LDW/GY/YIN/KES/Chairman Yoo left me in tears. YSJ gave me in laughter. Well, the rest also did but the tears was overwhelming.

• Like 9

2 hours ago, millie10468 said:

"Chemistry" doesn't HAVE to be sexual to be classified as chemistry. It can be. Sexual chemistry is the most common type of chemistry shown in media and therefore, it has become almost synonymous with what people expect chemistry to look like. However, at the base of it, "chemistry" is just an intense connection of the mind and emotion with another person.

KS and JET do have "chemistry." It might not be the kind of sexual chemistry people would have wanted. However, it exists. And it cannot be dismissed because it doesn't look the way one wants/expects/predetermines chemistry should look like.

Sorry to cut your post, but you should post this on db too! More than here people over there bring back this  recycled topic every now and then. Also dare I say what I think about this chemistry that we are dying to see. I think it has more to do with our 'eyes' above anything in the first place. Once you connect to a pair, and what they are going through moves you, you dont need even need kisses or hugs to witness the chemistry. Just mere words can be so powerful and romantic that all the physical attraction looks merely fickle and useless compared to that. Hence, when I see them on screen it's all chemistry left and right for me. I see it in shin's eyes, his words, when he says he would like it if she gives him permission to love him, or when she would be lamenting over not getting to meet him and stare at the blank while eating squids or when she's alone at her desk amidst in the crowd of her classroom.  Visual attraction fades away or they can't be the sheer factor to keep people together and at the end it's more about whom we can connect to or resonate with. I am more old school so I need reasons to see a pair working, which is very much existing here, through the jealousy,unrequited first love or when we see how shin tries to look nonchalant or like he couldn't care less when in fact he was bothered when ET was giving attention to the Canadian ghost oppa lol back then when they first met.The chemistry if one look closely can find in the way shin makes ordinary things extraordinary for ET like in intersections or the way he steals looks at her from the comfort of his neighborhood library. But having said all that, this again comes back to our eyes and whether we feel it or not in the end. Our emotions take over our reasoning, so we can't logically fall for a story, or fall in love tbh.

• Like 18

@walhnnie @seasonsoftheheart32 I hope that Lee Dong-wook and Gong Yoo get well soon. I can only imagine how exhausting and stressful the filming must be for both of them. No, for all five of the main cast actually. 

P.S. I heard and read that highly emotional scenes can also take their toll on actors' well-being, to the point of depression etc etc (e.g Jo Jin-woong post Signal, etc etc). The insanely hectic schedule doesn't help. I hope they're all okay.

Edited by selenette
  • Like 10

@EstherW

Well, it is the obvious solution and i think GR and Gob will eventually try adn do that - getting PJW name in the list

However, I think, things happened immediately.. once he found out PJW< he immediaely found out WY.. so what you are suggesting has kind of been shoved back on the priority list..

First they'd be occupied with sorting each-other's angst

• Like 8