[Drama 2016-2017] Guardian: The Lonely and Great Goblin 도깨비

Go Seung Ji

what a sad and intens episode... i truly didn't see it coming, DH possessed by god? i always think DW is god him self. and wonder why GR fail to erase Sunny memories this time... is it something like true love conquers all include GR super power? not that i complaining tho, it's good for all side :w00t:

LDW really nail it in the sad scene... o my god, i'm in tears with him. i only have one thing that make me scream since its come out "WHY ONLY A PECK?" just kissing again please Lol... 

• Like 12

This episode so intense. I need English sub to understand. And I'm really happy my streaming smooth till the end :blush:

XAYlMlO.png

KS: You hear me rite? I also can hear you. So clear!

And flash back to the past...

I like this scene. The feel... cinematography and background music so beautiful. Kudos to PD nim!

• Like 19

Really GR suffer with his decision in his previous life,...He's really miserable..poor King..but I'm afraid with the evil eunuch...he cannot die with KS sword...how can they kill him...I'm worrying about ET..it seems like the evil eunuch is after ET now..

• Like 11

Thank you for all live recap! Huaa this episode was daebak. 

I still can't believe about YIN as an adult queen? Seriously? Is she survive from that arrow on her chest? 

And that evil eunuch ghost, that female grim reaper.. Whoaa..

KS please remember that your real enemy isn't WY!!! You need WY on your side in order to save ET..

• Like 6

This episode is Daebak!  Thanks for everyone's live recaps!

I'm so glad to see the female grim reaper didn't take away Sunny's memories and to see ET tells KS about Eunuch Park.

KES Writer-nim: i have faith in you that you'll bring justice ...capturing Eunuch Park instead of killing both KS & GR!

Can't wait for subs!

• Like 11

12 minutes ago, selenette said:

@gamshe She protects Wang Yeo from Kim Shin's wrath, all right. Imho there is no question that she remembers who he is from her vision of the adult king.

Hmm... But I thought it was only a representation to show that she remembers. But when he asked her if he is in her life too, she said yes so yeah...But he did say ''Can you look into my eyes?'' and something along the lines of '' forget anything bad, forget me''. Wouldn't it mean she forgot she saw his face? Uh I can't comprehend, I am yet to understand the scene where Kim Shin saw Euntak in Joseon too...

• Like 8

12 minutes ago, plappi said:

The only thing I could not understand is why the adult queen has Sunny face???

@plappi  Hi! Sorry I wasn't able to greet you before. It's their way of showing that she remembers who she was, and who the Grim Reaper was.

Btw @nearsea I agree with you and @packmule3 that the King was an abusive husband. However, I hope that in this second life (or un-life), he would be given the chance to repent and redeem himself, with or without Sunny/Kim Sun. (Since I ship them, I'd like it more if it's with her, but still). He has to beg  for forgiveness, suffer, and grovel and whatsnot, but I want to believe that he is redeemable.

• Like 8

Give me that bottle of soju.... my tear ducts are dehydrated!

Now there is another mystery -

1. Who is that little boy which pops up outside the shop?

2. What will the female reaper do?

3. Who can stop that piece of dung eunuch?

I believe that Dokkaebi's bride also exists to help mend the rift between Dokkaebi and Grim. I can understand Dokkaebi being angry but even today it looks like Grim was resigned and did not make any attempt to defend himself. 

I hope they work things out within the next episode and put their heads together as to how to get rid of the eunuch. 

PS. This reminds me of Arang and the Magistrate - hmmm....living off the life force of others....hmmm....

• Like 16

1 minute ago, gamshe said:

Hmm... But I thought it was only a representation to show that she remembers. But when he asked her if he is in her life too, he said yes so yeah...But he did say ''Can you look into my eyes?'' and something along the lines of '' forget anything bad, forget me''. Wouldn't it mean she forgot she saw his face? Uh I can't comprehend, I am yet to understand the scene where Kim Shin saw Euntak in Joseon too...

@gamshe  You're right! I think there could be two ways of reading the scene, whether she still remembers who he was and protects him, or she forgets about his part in her life (which will create a whole world of angst next week when she remembers again).

Kim Shin sees Eun-tak in Joseon through the teacher (who was a Joseon food stall owner)'s eyes. He sees the owner's future. In her future, Eun-tak is there.

• Like 12

I feel like I can't contribute more until the subs are out. We need to absorb the full glory of this episode. 

Thank you @alleram95 for providing translations to the clips. It should tide us over until the subs are out. 

*runs off to watch happier and cheesier episodes of Goblin*

• Like 14

7 minutes ago, LyraYoo said:

The preview is like an epilogue . Wow

@LyraYoo... but before that...
"A Chyron will suddenly appears at the Top Left Corner in Leon-light... reading
"FINAL CHAPTER"....
(still having W-2-W virus.. hahah)

WAIT...
잠깐만 jamkkanman , WHERE is my HOT-WET-LONG french kisses?... both couples still yet to produce that king of Hot-Wet-Long kisses.. the only tongue i got to see is evil minister's purple tongue... nonooooo....
i  have high expectation, after 'corrupted' by some Brides and Queens here to peep in KGE's Muse, and GY's Man and Woman.. i expect at least some wet/hot/long passionate , well deserved kiss... that kind reconciled after some arguement, or separation, a well deserved deep kiss... writernim better give us one for both couple before that "chyron' come.

• Like 10

28 minutes ago, staygold said:

That was the only way to get us to relate to her as Queen I think. They kept showing us GR in King's getup. So this time it was Sunny's turn.

But why KS couldn't end the eunuch ghost?

I'm about the fact that the queen is killed when she was young. 

• Like 8

So God has been throwing tantrums for 900+ years because KS said don't pray to him as he's not listening. Well, the deities take after their creator.

Wookie's crying scene is so heartbreaking. PPL brown cream eyeliner. 

• Like 12

The goblin fire didn't destroy him?! What kind of boss level richard simmons is that?! And I mean that in the best possible way! The guy is pure evil, he might be literally beyond redemption. Also, grim reaper lady is barely on this side of atonement, it would be wise not to screw it up now but now that I think about it, she was always iffy as a grim reaper. I mean, when the bus accident didn't happen all the reapers were stunned and flustered and confused, but I noticed she was the only one to openly suggest/ask they cause the accident to happen since it didn't happen on its own. At the time I chalked it up to her being a newly minted reaper but with what we know now (great catch by everyone on it being the same actress in Goryeo!!!!), I'm more inclined to think it says something about her nature. But she also made grim reaper status, so I'm hoping that also speaks to ,her ability to make better choices. Freaking hell, the evil minister is laying the groundwork for so many bad things, clearly he hasn't lost his evil manipulation skills.

Hopefully this ep has put to rest any doubts as to who is who. It was great to have Sunny finally remember through GR's kiss but her last conversation with the King as the Queen was so sad and full of pain. His willingness to throw her and her brother away hurt her quite badly but she never lost her love for him. The true reunion between brother and sister was so great. Her thanking him for all the stuff and apologizing (I guess for not recognizing him???) and their hug was so sweet. For real, I want no amnesia because this moment was so sweet and I don't want it to disappear. I have never been more grateful for our beautiful ShinTak couple - their joyous sweetness was a welcome balm as I watched everything intensely come to a head.

Speaking of intense, the DH-is-otherworldly realization, the confrontation with the All-Powerful and the reveal that DH was really only possessed was whew! Stole my breath. I loved how they chose to pair that confrontation with the All-Powerful with a great moment of levity where KS wanted to fight the depossessed DH, lol.

I cried so much this ep - grandpa dying, KS sobbing, DH grieving, KS and Sun hugging, KS repaying his former military buddy with a great job, home, etc. But that ending though!!!! I knew KS's confrontation with GR would be rough when I saw that moment in the kitchen where he briefly recognized GR was the King. The look in his eye was dead-serious, cold, for a second there was no kindness there. Bless this show for paralleling KS's failed approach to the King with this final one! So well done, these two men are once more in the same position - King on high, warrior approaching from below - and for all the differences in their situations (not a king, but a reaper; not a warrior but a goblin) so much is veering towards similarity if not sameness. All the major players are back and in play and once more everything is riding on the decisions GR and KS respectively will make. These last four eps will be amazing!

• Like 18