[Drama 2016-2017] Guardian: The Lonely and Great Goblin 도깨비

Go Seung Ji

The eerie feeling from the ending of today's episode is still lingering. That was a really good way to represent a 900yo resentful ghost because it looked way too creepy. Even from before we could see that the eunuch hated Kim Shin the most, so I am sure he is back to take revenge on him and will try to do so by targeting the goblin's bride. We even saw the preview, so we'll understand more in tomorrow's episode. I am glad the story is advancing fast and not following the cliche kdrama plot points. I am still worried for how the writer will get around making a good ending but ET said something to KS in today's episode, "Good things come last, just like you" .. so I'm hoping this is a hint that there will be happiness in the end. 

One thing I know for sure is ET will not die now and will not be reincarnated. The same waiter will serve her in the restaurant 10 years later. Also I think they are distracting us with the possibility of her meeting Tae Hee  ...TH is in a baseball team so he most likely majors in sports and PE because from what I know, it is less common in korea to join sports teams as an extra curricular activity if not majoring in a related program. Meanwhile ET is majoring in mass communication, so TH can't be her boss or director at work. Idk why KS keeps thking its him because he must have considered what I just mentioned..maybe I'm missing something.. Otherwise, this leaves us with a few other possibilities. One is that she is meeting DH (who is only around 25yo now so he will be around 35yo then) and that he is the new director for the company. Or that she is meeting a resurrected KS who is the owner of the company (resurrected not reincarnated because that would mean he will be 10 yo when ET is 29 lol). Maybe turning to ashes means turning his immortality to ashes not his soul? maybe that is the door KS is looking for .. aaand she could be meeting someone completely different, who knows..

Another thing we know for sure is that ET will meet a grim reaper at 29 as our GR told her. Which is why I am worried the writer might pull that card where ET dies and her soul meets KS's soul and they live together in the afterlife..?.. idk 

Since the writer has come up with such a full and complicated story ( and it is said she has been working over this for a long time) , I am sure she has a smart idea to get around the conflicts, and it might be something we never expected or thought of. A writer wouldn't ruin a story they worked long and hard over with something cliche or bothersome. Just my hopeful thinking.

And this is honestly how I imagine the fans would be looking at each other when they talk about the whole thing of first love firts date first kiss and first who knows what's next lol 

Spoiler

tumblr_oici16meLx1qk7bkio4_r1_540.gif

• Like 17

20 minutes ago, shynaz said:

I think the writer make reference from vampire diaries, walking dead,supenatural and many more that can be used this drama.

I hope can hear dialogue from the Kim Shin similar to damon vampire diaries:w00t:

Hide contents

When I killed someone its supossed to be dead...LoL

5 hours more in tv....

@shynaz  It's similar to Dean Winchester's line in Supernatural, too

"What's dead should stay dead."

And yet in the series there are many, many characters who are dead, and then brought back to life. (EDIT: Or came back as ghosts)

I guess the same lines are applicable to Eunuch Park here.

Edited by selenette
  • Like 8

yes @hushhh i noticed that too. she's the one who walk away...

and idk @Sarang21.. somehow, it looks more than that for Sunny.. because she herself explained the pain..  but previously when GR felt the same (he was on a date with Sunny), when KS writing the king's name in the lantern, he did not explain how he hurts. then i thought it was because of the arrow hits the queen's heart.. but for now i also don't know for sure. because if KS do that (writing the name) every year, then i guess the pain also come once every year to GR right? so GR don't bother to associate the pain to his findings (while he's listing his findings just after he found out sunny's past)...  these scene keep bothering me though.. 

1 hour ago, Sarang21 said:

maybe it  was kind of like a memory of the pain that, the queen felt when the arrow hits her heart?

After watching the episode one thing has been bothering me. How did Sunny knew that GR was there? 

• Like 4

congratulations to rating:heart:

I hope it will give more motivation and smile to production during live shooting.This drama absolute stunning  because it can make all scenes and cinematogphy are excellent although just hours time to editing.

How can all episode become so good..Now I cannot patient to look my boyfriend Kim shin in my large screen tv.:wub:

One wish also become happen when Kim Shin get back hug from WY:w00t:

• Like 6

im confused. i thought Park Jung Won has reincarnated and become that secretary of Chairman Yu. But now we see the soul has been wandering for a long while. Uhmm is that Secretary of Chairman Yu a different actor from Park Jung Won?

Also, seem like Kim Shin doesnt know how the king grow up to be (the face of the matured king)? Otherwise he would recognise Wang Yeo straight away.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, carolinedl said:

Yes, I am not denying that. He did save him. But I was wondering if he saved him alone. The boy stayed a long time in the water!!! Shouldn't he have died? And, if I am not mistaken, I don't think the Goblin can bring back people from death (otherwise he wouldn't see so worried for ET, no?)... Hence my saying that perhaps someone else also interviened.

That is what i meant.. the boy died.. goblin revived him..

unless subs were wrong.. goblin saved him

• Like 2

This episode made me cry few times. And I.m not the person who can cry easily.

Scenes which moved me:

- The part when KS has told Sunny about past + flashbacks and when Sunny felt pain in her chest.

- Sunny/Eun Tak when Sunny had pain in her chest and further bonding. Sunny had pain in heart because it still hurts. I believe that he soul still loves King Wang Yeo and it hurts that they have been separated by fate. Further bonding and ET's help moved me as well.

- ET/Samshin scene, when Samshin came to comfort ET and tell her how she's and her mom are proud of her. I knew Samshin will not hurt ET.

- Grim Reaper/Sunny. The whole scene when she discovers that he's GR made me cry. Their eyes told us everything. And overall this scene has been filmed so gretly even though there were no beautiful backgroung scenery.

Questions:

- How did Sunny find out that HE (Kim Woo Bin who she knows) is there? How she knew that she need to use that cherry blossom brunch to...do what? How did she know? Who has told her...evil Minister or girl GR?

- It is confirmed that Evil Minister is second missing soul and our uri GR has met him 20 years ago (of cours he doesn't remember him).  Question 1: why is he still in the same clothes as when he has died? ET changes her clothers and lives normal life. 

Question 2: If he's missing soul then they dont't have his name to fill the documents. Thus if GR will remember the past and the evil minister's name, then he can write down his name and turn it to the real hunt. ET as missing soul has KS and GR to protect her. Missing soul Evil Minister doesn't have such force.

Observations:

I knew it. I knew that even though young King has trusted evil "father" he was trying to protect his queen, We can see that he has ordered not to give her any medicine since he was afraid Queen will be spoiled. I'm sofreaking want to see more flashbacks but form King's pov. To see his real intensions and not what Kim Shin knows from Quween's latters or rumors.

ET has been connected to KS in past life. We had that hint when ET has asked KS can it be possible that she was present in his past life.

If evil minister is missing soul then missing souls can live forever is they're hiding. Does it mean that ET can leave forever as well while she's avoiding her fate?

Preview is always missleading, so I hope that Sunny's memory won't be erased as @winterdew has mentioned. But still that scene...LDW and YIN are magnificient in angst scenes. 

In preview KS says to someone "You must have been so lonley. Forgive me." Whom he tells it? Can it be Wang Yeo and we will not have our bromance to be ruined? But still I have bad feeling that Evil Minister will tell WY the story of his past in all colors and exaggerations and WY being totally messed will decide to remove himself from KS and Sunny's lifes. 

And just wanted to share. Both LDW and YIN can impress with their acting just in few seconds. Angsty Pich couple :tears:

• Like 10

5 minutes ago, selenette said:

@shynaz  It's similar to Dean Winchester's line in Supernatural, too

"What's dead should stay dead."

And yet in the series there are many, many characters who are dead, and then brought back to life.

I guess the same lines are applicable to Eunuch Park here.

Oh I forget Dean...hahaha...Yes I hope we can hear from Kim Shin...LoL...

Oh I love this drama so much...:wub:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

@winterdew @Princi_86 I don't think that the evil minister Park Joong Won had a daughter since he was an eunuch... he can not procreate. That's why he chose to become the surrogate king's father. He killed Wang Yeo's relatives and acted like Wang Yeo's father so that the boy would trust him. PJW manipulated the young boy and wanted to use him as his puppet. I agree that the king became aware of the possible poisoning targeting the Queen. That's why he refused her to take any medicine. I guess, the female GR Kim is involved in it. Maybe she is the one who served the poisoned tea to the king, when the latter started distancing himself from PJW.  

@bebebisous33 I think I have missed that evil minister was eunuch. Where is has been mentioned? Most likely need to watch again that scenes. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, irit said:

i believe she saw as she turned around the corner at the exact moment GR put on his hat... it was just a fraction of a second, but she definitely saw him disappear..

* first time writing here after lurking for so long.. ep 12 left me with my mouth open with the appearance of the evil eunuch... 

my question is, can a person with the same face as his previous life be reincarnated even if the soul is still running about in the present? 

i mean, KS said that 2 or 3 people of a 100 are reincarnated with the same face of their previous life, so how can the guy who works at the company ( i forgot his name- the one with the same face of that evil eunuch of the king) can be reincarnated with the same face but without the soul of that previous life??  i'm confused...

can't wait for ep 13!! 

you are right..why didn´t I thought of that lol. And she probably saw how he dissappeared by putting his hat on. That´s why she was probably calculating his height and aiming for his face/hat. 

• Like 9

7 minutes ago, Chi Le said:

only 5 episode left, seem quite tough to get 20%

the chemistry between gr and sunny is really good, even with their limited screen time

May be we didnt get 20% although I hope It have miracle for last time..I just thinking the audience are maintain to watch  becaue other drama who get rating higher but story just so so make me realized how beautiful this drama.:wub:

I support GR to goblin actually. That my sin this drama...LoL

• Like 3

1 minute ago, sooyoungdaebak said:

The smile that makes your heart skip a beat and lit up the world.  :wub: 

(Someone mentioned his hair looks shorter and I agree. He looks smexy-breathtakingly-scrumptious in today's episode...lol.) 

Kim Shin look so handsome and my eyes just want to see Kim shin only..How lucky Et this drama:heart:

• Like 8

7 minutes ago, carolinedl said:

@lotuzea and @auroragb  - The secretary and the eunuch are played by two different actors: http://www.todayhumor.co.kr/board/view.php?table=bestofbest&no=294259&s_no=294259&page=1

If the Eunuch is the missing soul, then he cannot have reincarnated.

OMG!! i thought they were played by the same actor.. they look sooo alike!!

• Like 3