[Drama 2016-2017] Guardian: The Lonely and Great Goblin 도깨비

Go Seung Ji

OMGEE!! I can't wait to hear Ailee! I love her singing for drama OST. Especially the one @selenette posted, gosh! I love that song soo much, it was great fitting for the drama and yes, I agree that I will cry like no tomorrow, too. Love Ailee's voice :heart::thumbsup:

Thank you Chingyus for posting previews and tons of pictures. Friday need to hurry up already! Please don't let either our Goblin or Goblin's bride die, also give our Grim Reaper his love, too. 

• Like 10

@joyezz Bottom pic = GPOY of us while we're staring at photos of our hot King :w00t:

Pure angel or dark grim reaper/king, he carries both looks so well :wub:

2 hours ago, deara said:

Lee dong wook acting in Goblin remind me his acting in Blade Man. Even people said Blade Man was awful but my opinion his acting in that drama was awesome. not many actor dare to play fantasy drama. 

8ae.gif

I think Blade Man was lacking in terms of the directing and plot, but as far as Wookie's acting goes, he does a brilliant job of playing that unabashedly quirky guy, which reminds me a little of his acting in Goblin. And what's even more gratifying to watch is that he's grown lots as an actor since Blade Man. Wang Yeo is a more diverse character than his character in Blade Man, and LDW is portraying the many sides of Wang Yeo so well. And he's simply effortlessly comical in this role.

• Like 13

Lee Dong Wook Wears Traditional Robes For Upcoming Episode Of tvN’s “Goblin"

C1Y6ZmhUsAAaKVd.jpg

The latest stills for tvN’s “Goblin” show Lee Dong Wook dressed in traditional Goryeo robes. Continue reading to find out what’s in store for the upcoming episode!

SPOILER:

At the end of episode 10, it is revealed that Sunny (played by Yoo In Na) is the reincarnation of Kim Shin’s younger sister Kim Sun. At the same time, the episode ends with a scene showing the grim reaper dressed in a traditional robe, revealing that the grim reaper was the king in his past life.

The latest stills provide another glimpse of the king, who is seen with an expression of profound sadness on his face. Many are curious to see how Lee Dong Wook will portray the king as his backstory unfolds.

The production team also revealed, “With Lee Dong Wook playing both the king and the grim reaper, he is continuously working hard and is doing an in-depth study on how to play two characters with different emotions. The upcoming episode will actively be showing the Goryeo king’s past story.”

“Goblin” airs every Friday and Saturday.

https://www.soompi.com/2017/01/04/lee-dong-wook-wears-traditional-robes-upcoming-episode-tvns-goblin/

• Like 21

I'm upset that my streaming site promotes Goblin with "the journey to true love begins here" tagline. Yes, yes, it is a story of true love, two men's journeys, in fact, to find their true loves. I love the romance to pieces (why else did I write a fic?). But this drama is also about forgiveness, redemption, friendships, mental growth, and familial love--which isn't necessarily romantic. 

I hate that my country's entertainment providers always promote k dramas from that angle (romance) alone. I think they only try the easiest marketing approach. My recent project of viewership research stated that as viewers all we need was just an outlet for stress and some white noise at home.

Ah gosh I should've just skipped that tagline. Need to chill for a bit.

Edited by selenette
When I rant, my grammar goes haywire.
  • Like 23

19 minutes ago, winterdew said:

Blade Man was lacking in terms of the directing and plot, but as far as Wookie's acting goes, he does a brilliant job of playing that unabashedly quirky guy, which reminds me a little of his acting in Goblin. And what's even more gratifying to watch is that he's grown lots as an actor since Blade Man. Wang Yeo is a more diverse character than his character in Blade Man, and LDW is portraying the many sides of Wang Yeo so well. And he's simply effortlessly comical in this role.

Totally agree with you! Where do you think I got my name from? *wink* But really jokes aside, LDW has really grown as an actor. From My Girl to the latest Bubblegum, it is pretty obvious he has improved so much. That's why I'm just gonna let haters hate, cause I love him as he is now.

• Like 14

hahaha @selenette sound familiar. I heart you, lol.. maybe the word "forgiveness, redemption, friendships, and family" is too much for most viewers in our beloved country and they will be more interested with the word "true love". Thanks to Soompi, we know better!! Chills q(^o^)p

• Like 12

43 minutes ago, winterdew said:

@joyezz Bottom pic = GPOY of us while we're staring at photos of our hot King :w00t:

Pure angel or dark grim reaper/king, he carries both looks so well :wub:

I think Blade Man was lacking in terms of the directing and plot, but as far as Wookie's acting goes, he does a brilliant job of playing that unabashedly quirky guy, which reminds me a little of his acting in Goblin. And what's even more gratifying to watch is that he's grown lots as an actor since Blade Man. Wang Yeo is a more diverse character than his character in Blade Man, and LDW is portraying the many sides of Wang Yeo so well. And he's simply effortlessly comical in this role.

Bang on..

I was also wondering the same..

When blademan was airing, his quirky humour, deadpan face was the best part abt the show.. and when goblin started airing, i could totally see him pulling in aspects from the earlier performance..

(btw rt again, blademan was horrible script.. i mean why were there blades in the first place if it had to be psychological metaphor)

And then while he was a serious guy in my girl, hotel king, blademan... his funny bones in bubblegum was amazzzing.. 

and I TOTALLY love him in Superman returns..

Cutiepie.. and i am surprised how he is not a  BIG star as yet.. i thot mygirl was enough to catapult him to crazy standards

Edited by LyraYoo
Please do not quote images
  • Like 10

All those KS/ET fanvids posted here... :') I'll be getting a new laptop soon and I'll make sure to make a fanvid as well! I already have a song in mind and it's so perfect for their relationship. 

If anyone wants a tiled wallpaper of these two from eps 1-2... here's a link for you! http://imgur.com/a/3OtnW  Just download it for better quality. :)

• Like 9

@selenette Lol, that is one out of control fire extinguisher. Will it work for us? Lol. Awww you are very welcome. Everybody stay calm! :w00t:

If Ailee joins the osts, it is gonna be a bomb! I love her voice. 

@selenette Ailee's voice is very good. If they use it during our King's scenes..i am afraid we are going to need kleenexes and fire extinguishers altogether lol. Something will have to hold us haha

• Like 7

46 minutes ago, itzibitzispider said:

So is it Ailee singing that (for me) missing Song? 
What is it "never come again"?

I don't know yet. The article didn't say what it the song. It only mentioned that the 9th part of the OST already recorded and it is a ballad that fits to Ailee style.

I hope there will be more details soon or even better, a MV teaser. CJENMMUSIC should release more official music videos... the soundtrack is amazing but so far we have only 2 music videos.

Beautiful fan arts :heart:

• Like 15

Sam Kim Talks About His Experience In Singing “Who Are You” OST For tvN’s “Goblin”

C1ZPCBUUUAEAPTd.jpg

Artist Sam Kim recently talked about his experience in singing the OST for tvN’s “Goblin.”

On January 5, Sam Kim was a guest on SBS Power FM’s “2 O’Clock Escape Cultwo Show,” where a few of the members from APRIL were present as well.

During the broadcast, Sam Kim expressed his feelings in getting first place on major music charts with “Who Are You,” saying, “Thank you so much.”

When the DJs asked him, “Why are you not singing this song for us today?” Sam Kim replied, “The song is so hard [to sing] that I’m still practicing it,” causing everyone to break out in laughter.

Meanwhile, Sam Kim’s OST for “Goblin” is the theme song for the drama’s main character Kim Shin, and contains lyrics that describe one man’s eager heart as he stands in front of a fateful love.

Listen to the track below!

“Goblin” airs every Friday and Saturday. Catch the show on Viki exclusively in Europe!

https://www.soompi.com/2017/01/05/sam-kim-talks-experience-singing-ost-tvns-goblin/

• Like 22

Goblin writer Kim Eun Sook initially rejected Lee Dong Wook for grim reaper role

20170104_1973377_99_20170104115804.jpg

Naver - Maeil Kyungje: Lee Dong Wook almost never became grim reaper 

1. [+211, -3] I can't imagine anyone as grim reaper other than Lee Dong Wook.. I offer him a deep bow for not giving up

2. [+173, 0] Sending a round of applause for his passion for acting that doesn't make a distinction between a main and secondary lead. This drama has certainly put him on spotlight, I'm wishing him success!( From a huge fan )

3. [+159, 0] Woah, I was thinking that the casting lineup is art but he actually made it happen! ㅋㅋ Out of all the characters in Goblin, I really can't imagine anyone else as grim reaper..! Lee Dong Wook's a true actor. As a fan, I'm sad that he was treated in such a way.. He must be proud! So cool!

4. [+154, -4] He wanted the role but he got rejected, I didn't know ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ As a fan, I feel bad for him.. I hope writer Kim Eun Sook now acknowledges that Lee Dong Wook is a good fit for the role because he's also acknowledged by viewers!

5. [+123, 0] He matches the role.. I don't understand why he was rejected

6. [+58, 0] It wasn't even for the lead role but for an actor who's only done lead roles to wanna play a character so badly, he got rejected but appealed for it again. He's a true actor without any star disease. He has strong affection for acting, he's amazing. His agency's so nice to support him throughout. Lee Dong Wook's the best actor they could cast for grim reaper and I'm watching the drama for that reason

7. [+58, 0] Can't imagine anybody playing grim reaper other than Lee Dong Wook.. He has standout chemistry with everyone

8. [+57, 0] That's amazing of you for not giving up until the end. Thanks for playing grim reaper so well!

9. [+54, 0] His passion for his work is incredible

10. [+51, 0] Grim reaper = Lee Dong Wookㅠㅠㅠㅠ

crd: http://kkul-jaem.blogspot.ro/2017/01/goblin-writer-kim-eun-sook-initially.html

• Like 12