[Drama 2016-2017] Guardian: The Lonely and Great Goblin 도깨비

Go Seung Ji

in the preview the cut is essential ... they give bits and snips, but they might not happen in the same scene ... it's to spike the curiousity of the viewer and keep their attention on the drama, thought some snips are purely for the preview or will not happen until much later ... 

• Like 9

14 minutes ago, faith2 said:

me too I hope Golin is near by in case something happens. 

I really hope that KS and ET would always be completely honest with each other and face their trials together. I would hate it if they decided to keep things from each other and chose to face the challenges ahead separately. Nothing good ever comes out of being a martyr. 

• Like 7

3 hours ago, hairuchii said:

Thank you @ailee2 for posting the text preview for Episode 11.

드디어 써니가 전생에 자신의 여동생임을 알게 된 도깨비는 다짜고짜 써니를 찾아가고, 써니는 그런 도깨비가 이상하기만 하다. 또 다시 날아온 은탁의 명부에 도깨비는 은탁에게 검을 뽑지 않으면 죽게되는 신부의 운명에 대해 털어놓기로 결심하는데...

Translation:

Finally, the Goblin frantically rushes to see Sunny upon discovering that she is his younger sister in her past life. Sunny thinks that the Goblin is behaving peculiarly.

Again, in the face of Eun Tak flying headlong into danger, the Goblin decides to reveal the fate of the Goblin’s bride, who will die if she does not pull out the sword.

Translation Note:

"명부" There seems to be several meanings for this. It literally means "register" or "list", but it could also mean "after life", or something related to death (according to the English Dictionary at Naver).

So, the second sentence could be translated as "Again, when Eun Tak's death notice flew right at them, the Goblin decides to reveal the fate of..."

It did sound a little awkward, so I decided to be a little dramatic. :P The original text uses the word "날아오다", which literally translates into "fly" or "strike"(?) anyway... so the writer of the text preview is trying to be dramatic too.

Anyway, yes, Eun Tak's death notice may make an appearance. :o  OH NO.

thank you very much for the translation of both the writen and video preview and the explantion you gave 

• Like 9

6 hours ago, SeGafanlady said:

I saw GY's movie with Jeon Do Yeon and wow it is a G rated! too hot to handle I watched it for him since I'm not a fan of the leading actress (JDY) and I also watched KGE's movie and OMG she is so so so different than her role in Goblin.. KGE is the future A list that girl can act so good no wonder she won many awards!! 

I also agree with you that Gong Yoo is the one who suggested KGE to Kim Eun Sook because GY power determines the actress  that the he wanted to be pairing with.. it's really normal in Halyu Entertainment because pairing means chemistry and you need to like and adore your partner in order to build the genuine and great chemistry.

Imagine GY and KGE in a movie about love and passion between two adult.. a little bit thriller and lot's of bed scene.. I'M SOLD!! HERE TAKE MY MONEY!!! 

Hello! I've been meaning to watch Gong Yoo's movie A Man and A Woman with Jeon Do Yeon but the sad ending of the film is the one that's holding me back to watch it...anyways, i just want to ask if Kim Go Eun debut movie The Muse ( which is also Rated - 18 movie just like GY's film) has a sad ending too....i totally i agree to your comments; and that i was also shocked that KGE was able to act in a very mature film considering that it is her debut film....Maybe that's one of the reason also that Gong Yoo suggested Kim Go Eun to KES as his lead actress since they have pretty much things in common - they are both not affaid to tackle rated - 18 movies - which i personally like since only a handful of korean actors and actresses with dare take those kinds of movies and still be funny, sweet and adorable in their TV dramas :-)

• Like 10

15 minutes ago, mouse007 said:

I really hope that KS and ET would always be completely honest with each other and face their trials together. I would hate it if they decided to keep things from each other and chose to face the challenges ahead separately. Nothing good ever comes out of being a martyr. 

ja me too. When he tells her about her fate if she does not draw the sword she is doing to be angry at him. She said to him ep 10 while she was being jealous about Sunny that she have told him not to hide things form her. Having saying that I want to see how they make up also:wub:  so I kind of want to fight to happen.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, hallee said:

Hello! I've been meaning to watch Gong Yoo's movie A Man and A Woman with Jeon Do Yeon but the sad ending of the film is the one that's holding me back to watch it...anyways, i just want to ask if Kim Go Eun debut movie The Muse ( which is also Rated - 18 movie just like GY's film) has a sad ending too....i totally i agree to your comments; and that i was also shocked that KGE was able to act in a very mature film considering that it is her debut film....Maybe that's one of the reason also that Gong Yoo suggested Kim Go Eun to KES as his lead actress since they have pretty much things in common - they are both not affaid to tackle rated - 18 movies - which i personally like since only a handful of korean actors and actresses with dare take those kinds of movies and still be funny, sweet and adorable in their TV dramas :-)

I recommend you se a man and a woman GY is amazing in it. He acting makes the film not just about the erotic. It is not a happy ending but for me I felt it will work out for them in the future even if we do not see it in the film. And it is just how life is not always perfect.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, sparkskey said:

I was surfing the Korean sites looking for fan theories on Deokhwa and this site posted a theory that seemed plausible, translated below. Part of the fun of drama watching are fan discussions and reading theories, so please enjoy :)

Ah thanks for posting this here and for taking the time to translate it all! You rock!!!

Just a little question as for the letter/will: what does the letter say exactly? Only what you wrote at first or the whole thing in quotation marks? I am confused... Meaning: did he read what was written or what Goblin had thought (and not written)? I always thought what he kept saying was the part about his frist love and be able to confess...

• Like 2

I don't know how the tunnel scene is translated by google for you ... but in German it declares to be the "onion runway" ...

Sometimes google translate is such a fun thing 

By the way, did the two shopping queen actually realize that ET was sort-of thru the flower and with compliments not only getting them to do as she wanted, but also thanked them for saving her?

• Like 7

Knetizens on PPL in Goblin - comments aren't too bad - mostly complaining about the Toreta drinks. The fact the drama is such a fun and great drama lends a more positive view to the whole PPL in Goblin.

Disruptive product placements on Goblin?

20170104000829_0_99_20170104171903.jpg

Naver - Herald: If Goblin does PPL... 

1. [+1,362, -41] The Toreta drinks at the chicken restaurant are the worst error

2. [+793, -65] Aside from Toreta, the rest are just fine

3. [+493, -42] The PPL are way over the top that I get suspicious even if they're just eating roasted sweet potatoes. Writers should figure out how to naturally include product placements into the script but instead, they prioritize the PPL and write a script in favor of the advertisers. Don't blame the production environment. The product placements in dramas like 'Dear My Friends' or 'Signal' weren't to the point of being disruptive. I hope Goblin cuts back down on the PPL

4. [+431, -55] The time I spent with you was blindingly bright. Because the weather was good, because the weather was bad, because it was just so

5. [+150, -20] Please cut back down on the Subway PPL, that one's too much

6. [+93, -4] Kanu is also no joke ㅋㅋ Hwang Suk Jung: Gong Yoo????? ㅋㅋI laughed so hard

7. [+95, -9] I have yet to see one that's as bizarre as Jin Goo and Kim Ji Won's car PPL in Descendants of the Sun ㅋㅋ I thought that was ridiculous

8. [+92, -9] I don't find the other product placements unpleasant but Toreta is too much ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ What kind of chicken restaurant has got nothing but Toreta in their fridge? Eun Tak drinks Toreta when at home too, please cut back down on that

Nate
1. [+245, -8] The others aren't that big of deal, but please do something about the fridge at the chicken restaurant filled with sports drink instead of cola... It's just way too obvious ㅋㅋ

2. [+199, -11] ㅋㅋㅋㅋYeah the PPL are excessive but I don't mind because the drama is so much fun

3. [+172, -10] I'd chose to watch a fun drama with PPL rather than a disgustingly boring makjang drama without any PPL

4. [+16, -3] Toreta, Subway, towel, dal.komm coffee

http://kkul-jaem.blogspot.com/2017/01/disruptive-product-placements-on-goblin.html

• Like 13

11 minutes ago, itzibitzispider said:

I want to believe that the hug from the Granny is positive

me too but i don't know why i feel worried...let's hope she will not give our otp a hard time...ET will be in danger again...our Goblin will save her for sure!

• Like 5

20 hours ago, hamaji said:

Well... Lotbs air In sbs , a national tv when ppls watch it for free while goblin air In tvn a cable tv and not free. Even with that, goblin got 12% and more which is damn amazing coz 12% In cable tv it's like 20 something In national tv. Even clash with year end awards parade, still manage 12 to 13%, that's so damn good. now imagine if goblin air In sbs or kbs, i bet with whole my salary from this month that goblin Will beat every drama.:)

I've watched lotbs but dropped after 6 episode not because it's bad, it's a good drama but just that. Now after watching goblin, every other dramas seems mediocre to me coz goblin is a drama that is best In everything', cast crew writer cinematography songs, well like i said best In everything.

Ok done, and pardon for my bad english :sweatingbullets:

agreed ! lotbs story plot similar to another dramas.... after few episodes i just get boring, if is not bcoz LMH i will skip lotbs,,,

goblin is amazing !

10 hours ago, aurelly said:

Lucky fans...

Reveal hidden contents

Cr Owner

IM JEALOUS !!!

Edited by LyraYoo
please do not quote images
  • Like 4