[Drama 2016-2017] Guardian: The Lonely and Great Goblin 도깨비

Go Seung Ji

29 minutes ago, ucylucy said:

BTS pic of Sungjae (I think in blue) and Lee El (in red) filming at pedestrian bridge

They even are matching their colors,red and blue being Primary Colors,like on the same side of the fence:glasses:

• Like 2

Happy 500 pages!! 

I don't know if this was talked before, but the conversation between young Yeo and Sun is just so sweet.

Yeo: Where are you rushing to?
Sun: To see you, your majesty.
Yeo: I would have come to you.
Sun: I thought it would be nicer for us to meet in the middle. :wub:

x5qt21U.png

And this also makes me think that this is referring to them meeting at the bridge several times...Or I should say them meeting at the bridge refers to these lines. And I remember some weeks ago someone mentioned this, if the bridge is used as a metaphor, sorry I can't remember who. It is, apparently! And they also kept looking for each other at the bridge too. :tears: I am seriously drowning in feels......... :tears:

• Like 17

hi , happy new year

it's my first time that i'm here and sorry because my eng isn't very well

i just want to say i really love this drama love gong yoo and all actors and actress in goblin , before watch this drama i really didn't like gong yoo and because of that i didn't want to see this drama but heard this drama is so cool and i decided to watch goblin ... when i saw goblin i became a fan of gong yoo, now iam wondering why i didn't like him, i saw other gong yoo's movies and i found he is so perfect, he is the best actor,he is so cool, really love him now :wub:

i hope he shine always

Edited by Rezvaneh Mo
  • Like 15

1 minute ago, Miky88 said:

They even are matching their colors,red and blue being Primary Colors,like on the same side of the fence:glasses:

I know!! When I saw this post, I remember this article from Korerboo about DH's character.

"the speculation that the rich corporate heir Yu Deok Hwa is actually God or the Elder Wol Ha. As the color blue and red are symbolic colors for this mythical figure, fans also claim that the fact Ji Eun Tak always sports a red scarf while Kim Shin uses blue flames give strength to the fact that this mythical figure will play a role in the drama"

The lastest BTS seems to be supporting the evidence. Or it could be KES trolling the viewers again. LOL.

• Like 10

I wasn't suprised at all when grown up King made his appereance out of the blue in the last episode,i think many of us were expecting and speculating that the King when grown up would look like Grimmy,just like for sure if the Queen lived would look like Sunny...Now i truly want to see if the King before his death ever knew that his Eunuch was behind all those things and he was played as a total fool...Curious if the King died of heartbreak over years and years of pain and guilt,natural death or the Eunuch killed him off...In that insta flash we saw he clearly was hearbroken,with no life and more than sure lamenting what he did,killing his Queen...I'm more than anxious anticipating him reganing all his past life memories and realizing what he did,like Shin said being a fool and that The Queen and even Shin loved him so much,even his older Brother,all of them wanting to protect him...

Still curious how their story will unfold as even if he gets Shin forgivness he is still a supernatural being and Sunny a human,only if the Gods have mercy with him and make him a human as well...

• Like 11

Wow amazing!!!

Watching the last episode 3 times (stupid livestream, raw and subbed),
stupid me tends zu cry each time,
when ET says good by to the library ghost :(

@bebebisous33 what if the court lady aka femaleGR was the one who poisoned our king and spied at the queen?
I agree, that she must have done something gruesome to deserve that punishment and her looks weren't all that nice and friendly.
Also she might have stayed in "Hell" (limbo or whatever you want to call it) longer then the King as the king already regretted while being alive,
still doing wrong needs to be punished, so he was. But she might have been quite willing and stayed that way.

• Like 12

Also if it isin't a KES troll about Dokhwa being the highest GOD and the one who cursed Shin and using  the actual Dokhwa as a vessel, or reincarnating himself with the same image as the young boy who first helped Shin, i take it as the Deity being more sly and using it an emotional bond,that Shin had with the first little boy,who Shin named the first to reach out to him as a way to blend in in the present as Dok Hwa to prevent any variable to his plan and being found out,it’s clear Shin had a soft spot for the young boy,the first thing he said when Elder Yoo presented him to Shin was he looked like the other boy and that he was a good kid being more than sure his reincarnation etc…That and well,Shin is quite oblivious to many things actually,Dok Hwa himself told him way too many times…Doubt Shin ever had the idea a God would “become” a human and stay and keep tabs on him…

And i might see too much but i sensed that Samshin Lady implied when she asked Dokhwa out for drinks that she was angry because of his deeds in the fate of EunTak and not just the obvious angry after talking with Shin and Dokhwa knew it…Like" i’m angry with all your games type " from the way she put that accent on being angry and he looking all serious and calm like "i don't even care",at least that's how i interpreted that short exchange and they body language

Also if he is a Deity,Dokhwa without any doubts should win LIFE ACHIEVEMENT acting throphy award because they fooled them all...Don't underestimate a God with a BIG dream,he really must have wanted to be a Third Generation Chaebol with a Black Card with his name on it,who are we to complain!:glasses:

Shin should really bribe him with a Black Card to get his freedom and happiness and maybe,just maybe a life of Subway sandwich for free(or make him the CEO of it) because we know already,BUY/SHARE A SUBWAY SAVE A LIFE... And it comes in all sizes and flavours...

• Like 12

Spoiler
7 hours ago, aurelly said:

Have just re-run ep 9 and 10, and i'm thinking about reincarnation.

IMO, reincarnation late king (Wang Yeo brother) or KS Deputy General will be ET father :confused:

O8FHkzI.png

IXMfQMb.png

I think the reincarnation of this deputy general is secretary kim, that was what im trying to say before!

We need more saeguk flashback. Im curious aboutb what is the huge sins that female grim reaper made in the past,we saw her in ep 1 standing beside that evil eunuch, isn't she? She's the accomplice of the eveil eunuch for sure but what else? I believe there's more than that!

• Like 3

goblin09-00764_top.jpg
(if sunny is here, it will be a classic pic,.)
Since its 500th page, i think we really did somehting rare and great for the casts, we existed well and in total harmony for the 4 casts.

its time to recognised another milestone that we have acchived, all for the love and respect and grace we bestow upon each other of the 3 ships that begotten out of Goblin.

By mid-length of a major drama normally, you will find, tension heightened between either 2 ships that existed in the drama, at least one of the OTP (a first lead) will cross fire seriously with another second lead, seldom are they 2 ships that can harmonically existed in a drama, if that 2 leads is none other than the 4 main person of the drama. Since having one of the 4 main persons to turn bad or changed will always be the key entertaining plot. Its always having 2 ships crashed that writernim used to draw teeth grinding angst from dramas. Even if the 2 ships do not crash, it was seldom to find the two ship works seamlessly well to find an alliance… given that the plot’s main 4 persons worked like orchestrated harmony, will be less interesting right.

But no, Goblin’s plot by its own, the 4 key-persona by its own’s identity has already enough ‘drama’, so the writernim does not need to make either one of them to fight the others…. Or caused any damned 3rd party or 4th party relationship- threatening….
loved the show of its simplicity in love relationship drawn. Meant from the start, you will not expect a 3rd party in the form of Sunny having fall in love with Goblin to cause jealousy, nor having WangYeo to fall for EunTak to introduce drama…. Neither will there be another supporting cast as a 5th person or 6th person to join in the equations to caused ‘triangle-relationship-wars”, or even a ‘quadrant-relationship-fighting.

Not exist is the tension between 2 shippers in this drama, funny thing is there arose a 3 ships and you can all accept it well, living like the 3 persons in that mansion without tension…. you will not find Shippers of Shin-Tak disliking all the attention that Shippers of Wang-Sun gave to second lead couple. Neither will you find Wang-sun shippers throwing mud at the first leads Shin-tak couple nor attacking EunTak’s characters. So will you not discovering the growing insensitive assaults on a 3rd Ship of Shin-Yeo the bromance that stand as the Best of 2016 (and probably even 2017). Shippers of the 3 ships learned to praise even other ships’ character. I called this a virtue, a gem or diamond rare in Kdrama-fandom to be genuinely co-existing. And to have on off a shipper of one ship praising much the characters of another ship…. I am profoundly touched by how well we love each other by loving all the 4 characters well.

• Like 13

goblin09-00498.jpg

its a drama of OTP using much restrain and controlled body language to show their longing for each other... from patting of heads ... back hugs... even by ep10. we don't get our hot-wet-long kisses...we lay died by every eps, hungering for more skinship, yet thoroughtly satisfied by the little KES gave.

this backhug is beautiful... we all love his :Me too.... the closest we ever get to a love confession from this victorian style, Jane Austen's style Gentleman... he woo by his hands patting, his eyes gazing, even by a back hug.... giving a scarf, ... its beautiful to behold how he hold her like a precious pearl upon his palm, a little pressure, and she's will be wounded and break... what a gentleman... is our Kim shin and WangYeo to their women. it such greatness to be loved like this.

• Like 22

dramabeans mentioned this:
"Granted, the separation gave us Eun-tak’s declaration of love and Shin’s latest heroic slo-mo rescue, but the core of their relationship dynamic still hasn’t changed. If given the chance to do it all over again, I’m sure Shin would have kept the truth from her, and that small amount of power she had in knowing it was swept under the rug once Shin became aware of a much bigger truth—which, like the last big truth, he’s still stubbornly keeping from her.

I’m not too worried about it at the moment, since I hope that part of the evolution of his character is that he learns to let Eun-tak in and trust her to make decisions with him, but if there was ever a wakeup call, her leaving was it. Right now she only knows that he’ll die if she removes the sword, but how mad does he think she’ll be if she finds out that he’ll die if she doesn’t? Not because of the whole dying part, but because he kept it from her?"

yes, that was the last main problem i have with Shin-Tak's relationship.,.... since it is then unknown that Shin told Euntak that she will died by fatal accidents if both refused to follow their fate.... i wish Shin will be more transparent with EnTak, and totally open up to her... so is it proven that Shin did NOT tell EunTak about what will become of her.... how i loath her hurt upon him keeping that greatest dark secret from her.. i totally want a transparent relationship between them.
and just like Girlfriday, i trusted in EunTak 's decision when danger approach, that she is mature enough to make the right decision, and having character enough to be self-less, and not blindly go noble idiocy when danger arise.
loved eunTak for her even recognising her fondness toward that Baseball boy TaeHee is just puppyfirstlove... i could say, she can tell the diff between what she felt for Shin and what for TH are diff.... jsut have this feeling at 29 yrs back in Quecbec, the man in the resturant should be Shin himself, Since Euntak was shown to touch her necklace fondly before her "mysterious man' appear. if she know who is the person who gave her the necklace (her ex bf), yet meeting another 'new bf' , how could she touches her necklace with much anticipation ... as if the giver of that necklance will be meeting her.

Edit:  Goosh, i was chatting away, didnt realised, it is Page 501. and Post 10001. thank God for a beautiful space to meet great fans of 3 ships here, who most of us simply loved all 4 casts together!

• Like 17

@Miky88 and @ucylucy I am also so curious about DukHwa. We've had glimpse of little things that were off. He seems to understand so much more than people give him credit for. And his continuous use of banmal (informal style) with most people has me curious (Korean people are very strict with this). In relation to that, I noticed that in episode 8/9, the goddess of birth uses banmal with Kim Shim but then she uses formal style with DukHwa! I kept thinking that scene on the bridge from episode 1 but DH also mentioned that he had drinks with a woman just after that... they definitely know each other. Anyway, looking forward for some more info about him.

@Amanda Soo Ah I also want them to hold hands!! They keep walking together and all... I actually thought at some point in episode 10 they would, but no!... Frustrating... :blink:

• Like 8