[Drama 2016-2017] Guardian: The Lonely and Great Goblin 도깨비

Go Seung Ji

2 hours ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

Ok..just browsing writer's career..

She rarely has a flop.. i have heard really positive reviewsfor gentleman's dignity .. isn't it.. with this writer

Secret garden - super hit (2012)

Heirs - super super hit (2013)

3 year hiatus and she returns with DOTS and Goblin ( All time high records)

Just a little correction my dear, please see lists of drama below. I started liking her in Lovers in Paris.. the first ever drama I watched. And my #1 favorite drama, AGD, you seem to have overlooked! :sweatingbullets:

• Like 9

why are grim reaper and goblin such coward lmao it just someone ringing the bell aren't they more powerful than ghost etc hahaha

anyway i wonder if she truly can see the sword or it just because the ghost tell her about the sword existence so she know that what he have been asking her..

but well if she could see the sword from beginning im curious with her reason to not saying right away she see it..probably just as her last piece of weapon to use so he would always be interested with her or she just pretend not to see because she pissed at him

well poor Wang Yeo he can't ever get rid of goblin (though he obviously look sad when he gonna leave) and now need to live in same house even with the missing soul he been hunting but he can't took her

anyway from ep3 seem it pretty obvious he is the reincarnation of King and Sunny of the queen but i can understand he the one paying heavy price for his past sin and reborn as grim reaper but what about Sunny isn't she just one of the victim why she need to pay the price too if she really the queen..

well im sure everyone already discuss and cover all the important topic but im too lazy to backtrack XD

haha ghost in this drama is not scary at all..

and lol why Kim Shin expect the king would be reborn the same age he last seen him 17yo lol he could be reborn as old guy/woman or reborn in different years

smh so he would forgive the king if he end up reborn as pretty girl group member but well since he already say to Grim Reaper it doesn't matter who he is in the past since he still gonna hate him anyway i hope it wouldn't matter once he know if he really the past king

though Kim Shin and EunTak is cute and all well i do enjoy their scene but my main motivation to watch still for Goblin and Grim Reaper bromance which hopefully will still going strong despite the romance part increasing as well

i love how Duk Hwa said they strangely good together lmao....but seriously like he said they both need to be more careful if not people just easily know their identity since they just use their power whenever they want

i like how grandpa know those two are depending on each other..that grandpa is really sharp

that grandma or woman in red seriously what her motive she the one making Eun Tak mom asking for help before she die knowing goblin would come to help mean she know the girl pregnant with goblin's wife..she also the one making Grim reaper meeting with Sunny smirking must be knowing very well their past live identity...i hope she not villain but just someone who let people who destined to meet happen from her meddling so they get the ending they wanted or deserve without longer suffering beside she seem to care about Eun Tak

Edited by salz
  • Like 17

I would like the teacher to be punished get out crazy rabbit ... I hope, she meets the Goblin!! pink mouse

As for the age of Eun Tak: Maybe her young age is related to the age of the deceased Queen. When she was shot, she was around that age too. KS wants to run away but I guess, the lady in red will intervene so that he doesn't leave Eun Tak's side.

Eun Tak is so sweet and cute. She is already imagining a future with the goblin! red crab

• Like 13

4 minutes ago, kissmeStarlight said:

After ep 3 i kind want to see more sunny and grim reaper scene .. because i kinda feel he is the young foolish king and sunny is the queen that was killed and.. i am sure she was the sister of shin... I might me wrong but the moment i saw GR forgot who he was and the way goblin as so are you the king after saying he was king general ..

Hello im new in this forum :)

I think also that sunny is the queen en the grim  reaper the king. that old woman said that they would pay a huge amount of money. so they would be punished? idk but its a plot twist

• Like 9

Just now, zagigirl said:

Old lady to GR&Sunny: You'll both pay a heavy price for it anyway...does't look like in vain threat ...not surprised for GR, but why Sunny?...if she's the late queen its not right...if not what her sins was?...interesting

Maybe the Queen wasn't just a victim after all... she might have played a role in the betrayal of the king towards his general. I had the impression that their relationship used to be close: KS mentioned that he was the king's clothes! I am really torn apart about the true nature of their relationship (Queen -KS): sibling or lover. The way he behaved made him look as if he loved her. Therefore I opted for the cousin... yet anything is so uncertain.

In my opinion, the lady in red wants them to remember their past so that they can redeem themselves towards KS. 

• Like 15

6 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

Maybe the Queen wasn't just a victim after all... she might have played a role in the betrayal of the king towards his general. I had the impression that their relationship used to be close: KS mentioned that he was the king's clothes! I am really torn apart about the true nature of their relationship (Queen -KS): sibling or lover. The way he behaved made him look as if he loved her. Therefore I opted for the cousin... yet anything is so uncertain.

In my opinion, the lady in red wants them to remember their past so that they can redeem themselves towards KS. 

yeah when they show him cry looking at her picture it somehow feel more like crying for his lover but well i could be misunderstand everything still unexplained their real relation they could very well be sibling/cousin who actually love each other but still family since she died because she is part of his family member?

though since at the end she still seem to choose him and sacrifice her life for him no matter what her part of the king plan in the past with the betrayal..though lady in red is the actual answer for everything but she just prefer to look from the side lol well she must have the script book and know the ending B)

but well let wait and see..seeing GR cry seeing her he must have love her too though as king get his mind poison by those greedy minister he chose power over everything else..

• Like 5

1 minute ago, janeeta said:

I'm still not convinced that ET can see the sword. I think that she investigated what he's supposed to have in him, either through her "research" or the ghosts but she's totally using the information to keep him with her. I don't doubt that she's the Goblin's bride, just that she can't actually see it yet (maybe after a kiss?). 

Oh I hope not!  That would show a  needy manipulative side  of her character  that does not fit with what we have seen of her and besides that hurt and anger someone who trusts her.   

• Like 13

I couldn't log in for a while, but I am dying to say, I knew it, she could see the sword, I got the feeling in episode 2 she wanted to say it at least three times and now... I am in love with this drama it was written by my favorite drama writer, I have watched two of her dramas about 500 times and CH is my favorite since it aired, with exception of DOTS and LIP I am pretty satisfied with her, and now this drama is amazing, great writing and some of the most amazing acting, it is really a treat... I have the feeling the last episode is going to be a really sad one, so it is time to prepare myself for it, I will cry enough to make an 18" necklace... Gong Yoo is great at staring at people that he loves, isn't he???  I would love to see him turn and stare at me for 2 minutes... :rolleyes:

• Like 16

8 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

You may  be right that she's not innocent...but if she was willing to betray KS don't you think she would want to stay alive...if she was kind of forced it would lessen her guilt...or just coz she didn't stop KS

Yes the true relationship between her and KS might resolve things...and we still don't know all thats to it it seems

Well..its so early and we want to know everything..but how to be patient :sweatingbullets:

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, zagigirl said:

You may  be right that she's not innocent...but if she was willing to betray KS don't you think she would want to stay alive...if she was kind of forced it would lessen her guilt...or just coz she didn't stop KS

Yes the true relationship between her and KS might resolve things...and we still don't know all thats to it it seems

Well..its so early and we want to know everything..but how to be patient :sweatingbullets:

What I meant was that she could have done something so that the king started doubting Kim Shin... and later her. However, in the end she might have regretted her action so that she was willing to pay the price for her misdeed. 

@zagigirl Moreover there is something else: she is an orphan. So was she punished in her previous life because she betrayed her family? Yet, Sunny is described on viki as someone "greedy", when it comes to men. 

• Like 4

Can we have more Sunny and Grim Reaper scenes? Please Drama gods..writer. Their chemistry is literally shouting to be given more screen space.

tumblr_m37gmxByRH1r9rjs4.gif

In third episode we got a better insight into Grim Reaper's amnesia. He seems to have forgotten only his past life. Since it was somewhat hinted during conversation between KS and Grim Reaper's that he could be a king in his past life; I shudder to think the reaction that KS will have when he finally knows the truth. 

Love the funny elements that writer have added to the horrible life of Grim Reapers. Lol..there is a whole batch of Grim Reapers and there is a girl GR too.:w00t:

• Like 12

Guest ktiminie

:w00t: Here come the good news chingus, Goblin's third episode broke 10%!

NATIONWIDE TV RATING EPISODE 3

AGB Nielsen: 12.471% (Seoul 14.274%). Oh yeah!!

Spoiler

vsjGbG.jpg

en0WbZ.jpg

Source: Nielsen

uj7P7P.gif

Credit as tagged

-------------------------

Goblin - Nationwide AGB Nielsen Ratings

Episode 1: 6.322%

Episode 2: 7.904%

Episode 3: 12.471%

When GR is listing out the great sins punishable by memory loss or  being turned into a GR he lists disobedience, disloyalty, insolence, immorality, and infidelity!! He stops at that. I hope it is not infidelity. I just hope the king was deceived by his counselors and was used to get rid of the general. And that the king's fault was he didn't trust enough.

If sunny is the queen (which i think she is) her sin might be she didn't go with her husband's decision (of punishing the general).

white-cloud-emoticon4.gif?1292330538On a lighter note... If we go with the assumption that the queen could be incarnated as the GR then it would explain the closeness between KS-GR. They are like friends (even siblings). Queen for whatever her sins is already paying living as a GR and then Sunny as the King reincarnate may be forgiven by KS because she is so pretty!!! Ridiculous.. I think so too!! 

tv-baby-emoticon-54.gif?1292864354

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

What I meant was that she could have done something so that the king started doubting Kim Shin... and later her. However, in the end she might have regretted her action so that she was willing to pay the price for her misdeed. 

No chingu...don't think king was after KS for her sake, or just her sake...king used his general for their victories and as general was becoming more and more popular for that he got jealous of his fame...it was said in first ep i think...beside all of them were like that in history, pushing others to risk their lifes then becoming jealous and murdering them :crazy:

Maybe coz she married king?...if she even had a chance

Maybe she just loved him...and not the king...so king couldn't got over it

BTW...Sunny was great when she said GR is the handsomest man she saw...and was angry he still didn't call her :wub:

• Like 9

5 minutes ago, mamakorean said:

Maybe a stupid question. But what did ks wrong? He is the goblin now but why? I dont get that..

Cos he killed God's creation.. As in he killed people. This is what the God's voice over says. 

• Like 8