[Drama 2016-2017] Guardian: The Lonely and Great Goblin 도깨비

Go Seung Ji

Just now, Yippeuni said:

ahahahaha you really make me laugh.... we all craving for our heroine... but HJW seems to have a very small chance since she's already played KES drama as lead before...KES never have the same main lead..but for supporting role that happen often. The actress that appear the most in KES drama is our rich eomoni.

i know it would not happen but i want to dream :wub:
so son ye jin maybe :rolleyes:

• Like 6

Lee Dong Wook Confirmed for Goblin with Gong Yoo and in Latest Singles Spread Looking Coolly Disreputable

hdos.jpg

I couldn’t be more thrilled that Lee Dong Wook is now confirmed to be joining Gong Yoo andKim Go Eun in screenwriter Kim Eun Sook‘s upcoming tvN fantasy drama Goblin. There was basically a 99.9% change he wouldn’t do it, and these days no Korean actor or actress in their right career mind would turn down a Kim Eun Sook penned K-drama. Her works still generating massive ratings is one thing, but for an actor or actress playing one of her leads always lands a role that gets audiences talking, for good or for bad, and neither is a bad. Reportedly Gong Yoo’s character is a goblin, and became one because in his previous life he was a servant struck down by his liege’s sword, and Lee Dong Wook is the grim reaper in this tale who was formerly the king. It’s all too out there to make more sense of but I continue to anticipate this project with complete confidence it’ll work out for cast and audiences alike.

obho1.jpg

obaol.jpg

Lee Dong Wook can certainly look forward to many more pictorials in his future after Goblin, but for now he’s starting off the summer in a Singles spread that is part hobo and part louche rock star. He makes it work and that’s all that matters.

http://koalasplayground.com/2016/06/12/lee-dong-wook-confirmed-for-goblin-with-gong-yoo-and-in-latest-singles-spread-looking-coolly-disreputable/

• Like 9

Lee Dong Wook To Star In ‘Descendants Of The Sun’ Writer’s New Drama

The success of Korean drama series “Descendants of the Sun” from writer Kim Eun Sook has made waves all over the world,  and now a new drama series from the same brilliant writer is already in the works.

Entitled “Goblin,” it was previously announced that actor Gong Yoo will headline the show, and now actor Lee Dong Wook is the newest star to be roped in.

Lee Dong Wook Goblin Descendants Of The Sun Korean Drama Lee Dong Wook To Star In Descendants Of The Sun Writer’s New Drama

Goblin” will be produced by tvN networks, a report from Soompi reveals. Moreover, the story line is also but an interesting one, that includes the concept of supernatural beings, mystery, the concept of the afterlife with an albeit mythical twist.

The show follows the story of a servant (played by Gong Yoo) who is brutally stabbed by his master, but instead of dying, transforms into a goblin who lives forever. Meanwhile, a powerful king (played by Lee Dong Wook) is tragically dies and wakes up one day as the angel of death. Throughout the show, the goblin and the king meet several times, and even end up living together while developing an unexpected but meaningful friendship, even if they don’t get along all the time.

A report from Drama Beans also notes that Gong Yoo’s role be dubbed as “the protector,” whereas Lee Dong Wook’s role will be the evil counterpart as “the taker,” a modern day grim reaper. It is said that when a soul encounters the reaper, they are drawn closer by his gorgeous appearance before surprisingly meeting their own death.

Producers from the show “Goblin” are yet to announce the female stars who are set to play the roles of Gong Yoo and Lee Dong Wook’s love interests respectively. A few months ago though, there have been rumors that actress Kim Go Eun has been considered to play the role of Gong Yoo’s lady love, the human bride he has been looking for to break the curse of being stuck as a goblin forever.

Writer Kim Eun Sook has been part of many breakthrough Korean drama series including “Secret Garden,” “Descendants of the Sun,” “Heirs,” and “Lovers in Paris.”

The upcoming show is slated for a November 2016 release on the tvN network.

http://www.movienewsguide.com/lee-dong-wook-descendants-of-the-sun-goblin/226873

• Like 7

3 hours ago, lkgy99 said:

i know it would not happen but i want to dream :wub:

Yes. I am agree with you. Son Ye Jin is a best choice or maybe Kim Tae Hee. KES drama always have beautiful A Class actress as the main lead. Look at her list:

Kim Jung Eun (Lovers in Paris), Kim Ha Neul (Gentleman's Dignity), Ha Ji Won (Secret Garden), Song Hye Gyo (DOTS), Park Shin Hye (Heirs), Kim Sun Ah (City Hall).

Crazy idea: GG Yoona??? I think no one will agree with me but I want to see her in this drama or Lee Da Hee (Mrs. Cop, Secret, I Can Hear Your Voice)

• Like 5

28 minutes ago, DreamCatcher2011 said:

Yes. I am agree with you. Son Ye Jin is a best choice or maybe Kim Tae Hee. KES drama always have beautiful A Class actress as the main lead. Look at her list:

Kim Jung Eun (Lovers in Paris), Kim Ha Neul (Gentleman's Dignity), Ha Ji Won (Secret Garden), Song Hye Gyo (DOTS), Park Shin Hye (Heirs), Kim Sun Ah (City Hall).

Crazy idea: GG Yoona??? I think no one will agree with me but I want to see her in this drama or Lee Da Hee (Mrs. Cop, Secret, I Can Hear Your Voice)

im agree with you too in Lee Da Hee she was great in my girl and The Slave Hunters
and she have a great chemistry With lee dong wook before
and for yoona she pretty and Loveable but she don't have acting skills 
This is my opinion of course

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, lkgy99 said:

im agree with you too in Lee Da Hee she was great in my girl and The Slave Hunters
and she have a great chemistry With lee dong wook before
and for yoona she pretty and Loveable but she don't have acting skills 
This is my opinion of course

Actually not My Girl  LDH, -another actress Lee Da Hee famous after "I hear your voice". Ironically both are good friends in real.

----------

and don't worry abt the female casts-they will fight with their toys, not girls :D

• Like 5

3 hours ago, samzz said:

Actually not My Girl  LDH, -another actress Lee Da Hee famous after "I hear your voice". Ironically both are good friends in real.

----------

but i wont Your girl Lee Da Hae only With lee dong wook not another girl :w00t:

Guest Bissu

I love Lee Dong Wook, I'm so excited for this drama! 

And I'm assuming KGE is not confirmed since you guys are discussing actresses? I thought she was since there was an NB article out and all.

On 6/12/2016 at 7:26 AM, lkgy99 said:

On 6/12/2016 at 10:54 AM, DreamCatcher2011 said:

Yes. I am agree with you. Son Ye Jin is a best choice or maybe

LOL I'd love to have SYJ take it on too. But I doubt she's available. Believe she's busy in the movie world. But, please, if it can happen, SYJ will be awesome! (Incidentally, SYJ and YEH are best buds. So, either of these two, in fact, if ever both of them can be in one drama, it'll make me the happiest... wait, including GHJ too... then I'll be one of the happiest k-fans on earth :P ) 

On 6/12/2016 at 0:24 PM, samzz said:

and don't worry abt the female casts-they will fight with their toys, not girls :D

LOL so true! Could that be why both gorgeous hunks are still single? hehe :P 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Bissu said:

I love Lee Dong Wook, I'm so excited for this drama! 

And I'm assuming KGE is not confirmed since you guys are discussing actresses? I thought she was since there was an NB article out and all.

KGE is confirmed. It's the 4th main cast(female) we're talking about. Or at least, that I was :) 

8223C73.jpg

CR: As tagged

SRC: ARTICLE (prob has been shared in earlier pages...my memory is short :vicx:)

• Like 4

5 upcoming dramas that air this year

“Goblin”

Actor Gong Yoo and actress Kim Go-eun (Herald Pop)

Popular actors Gong Yoo, Lee Dong-wook and up-and-coming actress Kim Go-eun are expected to show off great chemistry in this new tvN drama.

Kicking off in November, the drama was written by scriptwriter Kim Eun-sook who was behind the drama “Descendants of the Sun.”

http://kpopherald.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=201606201442335092516_2

• Like 6

5 new Korean Dramas That Will be Released Before 'Descendants of the Sun 2'

4. TIn November, fans can look forward to tvN's drama Goblin. It will feature Gong Yoo, Lee Dong-wook, and up and coming actress Kim Go-eun. The drama is written by the same scriptwriter of Descendants of the Sun, Kim Eun-sook.

http://www.asiastarz.com/articles/3637/20160621/there-will-be-5-new-korean-dramas-while-fans-wait-for-descendants-of-the-sun-2.htm

i can't wait for more news about this drama  please Nov come quickly:tears:

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

yesssss! I am beyond happy! KGE (my girl crush) , GONG YOO (the one and only , MY NUMBER ONE korean male CRUSH) AND LDW in one drama ! This could be haven ! :wub::wub:

ps: I have just went through some of the old  posts in this thread , and I am really sad to see that many comments are bashing and belittling the talent of KGE and reducing her to her appearance,  that doesn't suit some of the tastes! In my eyes she is so unique and beautiful. Her smile is just so charming . It makes all her face so radiant ! I don't see how is she seen as ugly at all? and her physic is no joke . Why do people only appreciate artificial beauty? only those who had some job done to their faces are considered beautiful. Or top actresses with natural beautiful faces but little talent in acting are well received and loved by the audience . This is so sad.  KGE is one hell of a good actress and she portrayed Seol character in CITT perfectly . She was supposed to not dress prettily and not care much about her outfits coz Seol was  from a poor family and a hard working student. She was so perfect and her acting and look fitted the characters perfectly . So many times I saw those pretty faces actresses showing some awkward acting and no body complains about that . At least for KGE when she cried, I cried along and when she was happy it made me automatically in a good mood. Long story short, I wish her best of luck in this drama and I hope she will never be discouraged by those stupid comments about her look. She is a young beautiful, fresh-faced and competent actress. Kim GoEun FTW :*

• Like 18
  • Love 1