[Drama 2016-2017] Guardian: The Lonely and Great Goblin 도깨비

Go Seung Ji

On 8/10/2016 at 3:25 PM, Princi_86 said:

And it's true that casting for another female lead is going on and most likely it will be idol group member...:vicx:

Hi...if I may add KES eonnie always add 1 or 2 idol in her line up cast.... start from Heir we got 3 idols (park hyun shik ZeA, Krystal Fx, Kang Min Hyuk CNBlue), DOTS we have Onew, now who you got in mind for Goblin I don't think it will be Nana (even I wish to, she is very good in her first drama debut).

Let's see female idol probability with character face as the second lead female, Yuri (GG), Sandara Park (2NE1), 

• Like 3

Another better translation and more details abt Goblin-so if you wish romantic cuteness, and "happy ending"?-most likely you wont get it. No Happy Ending-What a bad spoiler PD nim.

http://www.ibtimes.sg/descendants-sun-scriptwriter-kim-eun-sooks-upcoming-drama-postponed-2717

The release date of highly anticipated drama from the Descendants of the Sun scriptwriter Kim Eun Sook, has been pushed back. Tentatively entitled superficial drama, Goblin, which was scheduled to release in November, will now hit the small screen in December.

On 9 August, broadcasting channel, tvN, released a statement announcing the reason and giving instances of further postponement. The representative said, "It's planned that 'Goblin' will air around December. The schedule may change a bit depending on the schedule for 'K2,' which is airing before it." Romantic drama, K2, will take over the slot previously occupied by The Good Wife in September, followed by Goblin in December.

As per reports, the upcoming fantasy drama series, unlike Descendants of the Sun won't vouch for "romantic cuteness" and "happy endings". Hallyu star Gong Yoo has been confirmed to play the lead role, while the female protagonist has not been revealed yet. However, actress Kim Go-eun is being considered to play the female lead.

Meanwhile, giving some insight into the superficial series, producer Yoon Ha Rim states that they have been preparing for the show even before the Descendants of the Sun. He told Soompi: "We have been preparing to make this drama for three years, even before 'Descendants of the Sun' was made. The focus of the drama will be on goblins, which is a very common character in traditional folktales but has not been the main topic for dramas yet."

He continued: "With the help of Kim Eun Sook's writing talent in telling a romance story, this drama is bound to be another one of Kim Eun Sook's representative romantic comedies."

Ha Rim added that they want to start the shoot soon. He said, "Goblin will start filming once the casting is finished for the core characters. I am confident that this will be a new type of drama for the viewers. Please look forward to it."

• Like 6

Two hot idols -- news has been released , 

Who won the heart of KSE

Nana or Nara (Hello Venus)

U can check onehallyu forum.

If u watched Roommate Wookie and Nana has good friendship and they has a shipper group too named Dongna.

Nara I don't know if she ever met Wookie B4, but I know he has many idols friends. According her fans, Wookie is her ideal man.

• Like 5

As I mentioned b4, KSE is very well known on how to market her product, that's why K-drama critics hate her drama, bc she emphasized so much on popularity over quality, but you cannot denied ,she is a very good business woman. But in this case I think she looks for the hype. And as expected we know the reaction from the public. I already mentioned "the most sexy, the most beautiful" actually referring to Nana,  bc I already knew she is the main choice by PD/Writernim, , they will not go for cutie pie idols-they mentioned auditioned, but it is just an SOP. But as I said also table can turned overnight-so just wait the official cast.

cr to Hello venus fans for translation

[Article] 'Goblin' writer Kim Eun Sook's concern...Nara? Nana? That is the problem

201608111325413660333_20160811141048_01_

Girl group Hello Venus Nara and After School Nana are strong candidate for a character in writer Kim Eun Sook's new drama 'Goblin'

According to multiple broadcast rep, Hello Venus Nara appearance is designated earlier in tvN new drama 'Goblin'. Nara's casting is judgement acts of writer Kim Eun Sook because her image will matches well with the drama role.

However Nana with similar image participates in newly audition and Nara's appearance is indeed became unclear. Now Nana finished 'Goblin' audition and is waiting for final decision.

'Goblin' is a work that contains strange cohabitation of a goblin that needs human bride to end immortality life and a death angel that suffers from amnesia. It got attention earlier on as it's writer Kim Eun Sook's new drama.

The two people were proposed with role Kim Seon. Kim Seon is a lonely orphan but she seduces men using her excellent good look, and has an extraordinary(?) ability to make them open their wallet. Unawares she gradually obsessed with Wang Yeo that she met accidentally.

Previously the main cast were determined earlier with Gong Yoo will play as goblin Kim Shin, Lee Dong Wook will play as death angel Wang Yeo and Kim Go Eun will play as human bride.

'Goblin' is scheduled to be on air in December.

cr : Hellovenustrans http://hellovenustra...-eun-sooks.html
[Herald + Naver'Goblin' writer Kim Eun Sook's concern...Nara? Nana? That is the problem

Post response:

1. [+109,-4] The sub-actress is prettier than the lead actress...

2. [+61,-4] Whoever it is, they are prettier than the lead actress. What to do Kim Go Eun

3. [+66,-10] Even though Nara originally is a girl group, she had been going to audition continuously as aspiring actress. She also receives acting class. Because Nana that do well with The Good Wife is pointed, Nara that awareness is pushed become ambiguous. Ill-fated relationship between Fantagio and Pledis is ill-fated. ㅋㅋ Hello Venus also originally under both agency partnership but it failed. 

4. [+34,-3] Kim Go Eun....She doesn't match at all with Gong Yoo~~

5. [+16,-2] Their face and body are well-matched contest as for make-up. But Nana was approved and Nara is not so the production company is going to gamble or not.

6. [+53,15] I think Nara also can do well though

7. [+11,-1] The lead actor is Gong Yoo, lead actress is....???!Why??

8. [+7,-0] The role is not decided yet but article has came out.. Whoever it is, the party that makes decision will see bad attention more than good attention..

9. [+7,-0] If Nara is as good as Nana

10. [+15,-3] What? Kim Go Eun was decided??

--

20160811_1470894707_63598400_1_99_201608

[tvreport + Naver] Nana˙Nara, “‘Goblin’ audition”…tvN “It is not determined yet for both of them”

Post response:

1. [+28,-1] Who is Nara? Why suddenly she is rising?

2. [+33,-9] I'm really looking forward because of Gong Yoo...Kim Go Eun...ㅠMy expectation is gone

3. [+30,-8] Idol please..... Let's use actress

4. [+15,-5] This time will Gong Yoo makes Kim Go Eun famous~~~? All lead actress that act with Gong Yoo become famous. They receive Gong Yoo's lovely and import the emotion to female vieweres.... I hope lead actress like Park Bo Young is a fairy character. Human fairy^^

5. [+4,-2] I'll look forward if male idol acts kkyaak In the meantime if female singer acts, don't use idol. Duality got goosebumps.

6. [+0,-1] Now Nana is influential. She's is showing it on The Good Wife.

7. [+2,-4] Nara was the cast but reaction comes for Nana in The Good Wife so isn't the cast is changed to Nana? Really Fantagio and Pledis ill-fated relationship is great. Nara let's walk on flowery road

8. [+5,-9] I want to see Kim Go Eun quicklyㅠㅠㅠ♥

--

2016081114291578804_1_99_20160811150409.

[Star News + NaverNana·Nara, writer Kim Eun Sook 'Goblin' strong candidate "Only going to audition"

Post response:
1. [+0,-0] Fantagio and Pledis endless ill-fated relationship

--

501000150601_99_20160811154804.jpg?type=

[MBN + NavertvN side “Nana·Nara, ‘Goblin’ appearance discussion?  Undecided”
Post response:

1. [+0,-1] Girl group Hello Venus...They have 3 visual but cannot become popular...Recently Hello Venus agency is putting great emphasis on Nara

--

htm_20160811161122677264_99_201608111613

[Ilgan Sports + Naver'Goblin' side "Nana·Nara casting? Decided NO…Proceeding with audition"
Post response:

1. [+8,-3] Their visual is the best...ㄷㄷ

2. [+6,-5] I'm not interest but why article keep on coming

3. [+8,-7] Nara starts from an extra, doesn't stick to small role and learn acting digently but now I want to see her to act properly for once.

4. [+4,-6] If you watch The Good Wife, you cannot help but to choose Nana

5. [+15,-10] I hope Nara will be casted

6. [+7,-8] I think Nara also can do a good job.. Heum

7. [+9,-9] If Nara is casted, it'll be fresh

8. [+5,-8] Nana~&~Nara also is fine ~^♡^~?!

• Like 6

11 hours ago, samzz said:

Another better translation and more details abt Goblin-so if you wish romantic cuteness, and "happy ending"?-most likely you wont get it. No Happy Ending-What a bad spoiler PD nim.

http://www.ibtimes.sg/descendants-sun-scriptwriter-kim-eun-sooks-upcoming-drama-postponed-2717

The release date of highly anticipated drama from the Descendants of the Sun scriptwriter Kim Eun Sook, has been pushed back. Tentatively entitled superficial drama, Goblin, which was scheduled to release in November, will now hit the small screen in December.

On 9 August, broadcasting channel, tvN, released a statement announcing the reason and giving instances of further postponement. The representative said, "It's planned that 'Goblin' will air around December. The schedule may change a bit depending on the schedule for 'K2,' which is airing before it." Romantic drama, K2, will take over the slot previously occupied by The Good Wife in September, followed by Goblin in December.

As per reports, the upcoming fantasy drama series, unlike Descendants of the Sun won't vouch for "romantic cuteness" and "happy endings". Hallyu star Gong Yoo has been confirmed to play the lead role, while the female protagonist has not been revealed yet. However, actress Kim Go-eun is being considered to play the female lead.

Meanwhile, giving some insight into the superficial series, producer Yoon Ha Rim states that they have been preparing for the show even before the Descendants of the Sun. He told Soompi: "We have been preparing to make this drama for three years, even before 'Descendants of the Sun' was made. The focus of the drama will be on goblins, which is a very common character in traditional folktales but has not been the main topic for dramas yet."

He continued: "With the help of Kim Eun Sook's writing talent in telling a romance story, this drama is bound to be another one of Kim Eun Sook's representative romantic comedies."

Ha Rim added that they want to start the shoot soon. He said, "Goblin will start filming once the casting is finished for the core characters. I am confident that this will be a new type of drama for the viewers. Please look forward to it."

I think the source which you've mentioned doesn't have better translation, it's not that latest article. This article (except lines about drama's new release date) is the same as the article which has been aired 2-3 mothes ago, when Gong Yoo has been just casted officially.

http://www.soompi.com/2016/04/20/gong-yoo-confirmed-as-lead-in-descendants-of-the-sun-writers-next-drama-about-goblins/

Though dunno where they've got info about abcence of happy ending. I haven't seen such info before. Will ask Koreans if they have read such info about spoilers on ending.

@samzz oh wow, so there was even thread for DongNa? I though it was just random discussions after one episode. I'm 100% sure Nana will be casted since she's already tvN's actress and they like to use their rising actresses + she can pull off the role discribed in article.  As to your statement that she'll have quite minor role, I don't think so. I have watched DOTS only for Kim Ji Won and she was supporting acress. I think they had quite a lot of time and story with her partner Jin Goo. Maybe here the same story. And agree with you, this project already looks different then DOTS or Heirs. I hope it will be more in TGD style.

• Like 4

Nana And Nara in consideration for the highly anticipated drama "Goblin"

nana.jpg

Article: Nana and Nara in consideration for Kim Eun Sook's 'Goblin', "Just saw auditions"

Source: Star News via Nate

1. [+710, -48] I wish we'd get updated news that they swapped out the female lead... I really don't like Kim Go Eun for the lead.. doesn't match with Gong Yoo at all ㅠㅠㅠㅠ

2. [+669, -50] So the lead for this drama is Kim Go Eun... hmm.. I guess I'll have to watch for just Gong Yoo. As for the supporting role, I'd rather they go with a rookie actress but Nana's quite good judging from 'The Good Wife'

3. [+627, -41] Kim Go Eun was the best they could cast?

4. [+48, -3] Does Kim Go Eun have a sponsor? Why does she land all these roles when she can't act

5. [+45, -6] Amazing how Kim Go Eun always lands leads when she can't act ㅋㅋㅋ I actually think Nana would be a better fit with Gong Yoo

6. [+42, -12] I prefer Nana with Gong Yoo than Kim Go Eun

7. [+38, -2] Scriptwriter Kim Eun Sook with Gong Yoo as the male lead!!!!!!! A must watch for sure, under the condition that they swap out the female lead........

8. [+34, -1] Whichever one ends up the supporting role, their visuals are going to own Kim Go Eun for sure

9. [+32, -3] After seeing Kim Go Eun, I now realize why it's important that a female lead is pretty... I used to prefer charming faces to the traditional pretty face but after seeing two super hot men fall head over heels for an ugly female lead.. it just doesn't seem plausible ㅜㅜ

10. [+27, -2] Kim Go Eun doesn't match any male lead you stick her with...

11. [+23, -5] This is Gong Yoo, why couldn't they get a lead like Han Ji Min or Song Hye Gyo ㅠㅠ...

12. [+19, -1] Kim Go Eun's visuals are going to get dominated by Nana's

13. [+18, -1] This drama spent so much energy on trying to cast Gong Yoo and they finally land him and the best they can pair him up with is Kim Go Eun? Is this their form of revenge for all the times he rejected them at first? ㅋㅋㅋ

http://netizenbuzz.blogspot.com.eg/2016/08/nana-and-nara-in-consideration-for.html

Really i prefer Nana she did a great job in The Good Wife i didn't feel she 's idol 

And really i feel sorry for Kim Go Eun it's true she's not pretty but she's so talented i hope her character is well written so they 'll change their bad comments about her like what happened with song hye kyo and han hyo joo

• Like 5

7 hours ago, MaysoonD said:

glad we have you here @samzz you are like wiki when it comes to entertainment industry .

So it is either Nana or Nara ?

the PD spoiler makes me feel one of leads will die :sweatingbullets:

don't say that dear, bc as u know in other thread 80% of my info always coming from my Chinese friends who have direct contact with ent insider e.g stylist (the place where stars used to go) and the staff from the agencies. For THAAD issue that cause the restriction of Korean projects or actors to China, we knew it 2 days b4 the news released to the Korean portal. Many Korean stars who active in China, hv personal account with their closed fans, and the fans will inform the I-fans the news except the personal matters. that's why we know when, where our fav future activities. If we think it right to expose, we do it, if not we just give hints only. and If you hv closed contact with sasaeng fans of Kpop idols, even better bc they stalked they fav 24 hours a day-u will get free info faster than light.

@Princi, we will get soon in soompi , and yes they are still active and loyal though, esp in Onehallyu forum, even in weibo once a while they talked about it bc RM fans are quite big in China. Well that thing is second matter, if we want to see the success of our fav, all good hype are important, and also if the actors themselves are happy with the support, so nothing to worry about. Gong Yoo not even afraid of public hate, he publicly said, he likes to act with KGE, bc he knows what talent is all about. What I hate but not surprised as it's expected, the future hate to some of the actors later on, and we can see from the comments already. This will put big pressure to Gong Yoo/KGE later on and indirectly to others as well. 

• Like 4

After School's Nana vs. Hello Venus's Nara up for 2nd female lead role in 'Goblin'

Nana,Nara

Upcoming tvN drama 'Goblin', written by writer Kim Eun Sook or the mastermind behind 'Descendants of the Sun', is currently seeking to fill its 2nd female lead spot, with two idols up as the top 2 contestants!

According to reports on August 11, writer Kim Eun Sook has had her eyes on Hello Venus's Nara for the 2nd female lead role in the drama for her extreme likeness to the actual character. However, After School's Nana, whose image aligns with Nara's image in many ways, also auditioned for the role recently. Supposedly, writer Kim Eun Sook will be choosing between the two female idols, who both are very much like the drama's character, Kim Sun. 

Whoever it will be, Kim Sun will be playing actor Lee Dong Wook's love interest. Kim Sun is an orphan who gets men to do her bidding (of the pricey kind) using her beauty, but meets the grim reaper Wang Yeo (Lee Dong Wook) one day, and begins falling for him. 

Who do you want to see take on 'Goblin' with Gong Yoo, Kim Go Eun, and Lee Dong Wook?

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2016/08/after-schools-nana-vs-hello-venuss-nara-up-for-2nd-female-lead-role-in-goblin

• Like 4

Everyone has an opinion and unfortunately KGE is getting the short end of the stick. There are some dramas with beautiful or handsome actors or actresses but they can't act. So netizens can bear with it because they can look at the beauty? Sigh...

Fully supporting KGE all the way and she is a good actress. I am sure she is used to all this posts about her. This is the same old same old I read about during her CITT days and her performance blew everyone away!

• Like 8

I don't know KGE well ,but K-netizen's comments are really absurd and harsh  ,we are talking about an actress who acts not Miss Korea compitation ,though she is not ugly either

Thats why we have seen many overrated actress /actors who has nothing except a face :angry: and the good talented ones can't find their way in the industry ,poor them .

Wish casting issues finish and we start buzz over the filming and BTS pics 

• Like 6

30 minutes ago, NRGchick said:

Everyone has an opinion and unfortunately KGE is getting the short end of the stick. There are some dramas with beautiful or handsome actors or actresses but they can't act. So netizens can bear with it because they can look at the beauty? Sigh...

Fully supporting KGE all the way and she is a good actress. I am sure she is used to all this posts about her. This is the same old same old I read about during her CITT days and her performance blew everyone away!

I know she can trump the haters with her talent. She sure knows what the public said and how people perceive her. She need good support from her costar too, and Gong Yoo just show how gentleman he is. Don't worry abt Wookie, he is well known as caring costar.

Right now what we wish is all actors will get equal share of good script, not just used for publicity stunt. Good script, good character development, people will love them.

• Like 5

52 minutes ago, NRGchick said:

i agree with every word you said and i'm sure she 'll impress them with her acting skills and shut their mouths 

• Like 3

We have a character description from Dcinside:

도깨비 김신(939세로 추정)

그의 이름은 복선이었고 스포일러였다. 백성들은 그를 신神이라고 불렀다.

시뻘건 피를 뒤집어쓴 채 푸르게 안광을 빛내며 적들을 베는 그는 문자 그대로의 무신武神이었다. 
덕분에 숱한 전쟁에도 백성들은 두 발 뻗고 잘 수 있었다.
평화로운 밤이 계속될수록 백성들은 김신이 왕인 꿈을 꾸었다.
그는 적의 칼날은 정확하게 보았지만 자신을 향한 어린 왕의 질투와 두려움은 보지 못했다.
그는 자신이 지키던 주군의 칼날에 죽었다.
하루 중 가장 화창한 오시午時. 영웅으로 살다 역적으로 죽어가면 바라본 하늘은 시리도록 맑았다.

천상의 존재는 상인지 벌인지 모를 늙지도 죽지도 않을 생을 주었고,
그로부터 939년 동안 김신은 도깨비로 살았다. 심장에 검을 꽂은 채로.
죽었던 순간의 고통을 오롯이 안은 채로. 그가 신경쇄약, 조울증, 불면증을 앓는 건 당연했다.
변한건 없다. 천 년이 지나도 왕은 무능했고, 하늘은 여전히 시리도록 맑았고,
도깨비가 되고 난 후에도 인간을 지키는 몹쓸 버릇은 고칠 수 없었다.
인간들은 모르지만 900년 동안 그는 인간들의 수호신이었다.
불멸의 시간 속에서 사라지지 않는 건 함께 살고 있는 저승사자뿐이었고,
그게 생각보다 큰 위로가 되었다. 그 위로가 이 엉망인 동거를 이어가게 하는 가장 큰 힘이다.
금욕주의자에 채식주의자인 저승사자와는 달리 미인과 돼지고기와 술은 많을수록 좋다가 인생 지론이다.
절개는 장군이었을 때 충분히 지켰다.

"오직 도깨비 신부만이 그 검을 뽑을 것이다."
지독히도 낭만적인 저주였다. 그래서 쉬울 줄 알았다.
큰 키에 타고난 품위, 어딘가 초월한 데서 오는 나른하고 섹시한 눈빛을 가졌고
무엇보다 여자들이 좋아하는 시간과 돈이 넘치도록 많으니까.
하지만 그가 만난 어떤 여자도 검을 발견하지 못했다.

그러던 어느 날 자신을 도깨비 신부라고 소개하는 열아홉 살 소녀 은탁과 맞닥뜨렸다.
아직 호적에 잉크도 안 마른 고딩 신부라니.
그에게 은탁은 고통에서 벗어나 소멸할 수 있는 도구였다.
달리 말하면 은탁은 자신을 죽일 수 있는 유일무이한 무기였다.
죽고 싶게 외로운 날은 탁의 환심을 샀다가 아직 죽긴 일러 싶은 날은 멀리 했다가
하루에도 열 두 번씩 마음이 오락가락 했다. 무無로 돌아가고 싶다가도,
이 정도면 견딜 만한 아픔 같기도 했다.
그런 김신을 보며 탁은 환하게 웃었고 김신은 소멸을 생각하지 않는 날이 늘어갔다.

불시착한 감정에 발이 걸려 넘어질 것 같은 불길한 예감도 들었다.
탁의 웃음에 신은 몇 번이나 어딘가를 돌아보고 싶은 마음에 사로잡혔다.
돌아서 한 번 더 보려는 것이 불멸의 삶인가, 너의 얼굴인가. 아, 너의 얼굴인 것 같다.

저승사자 왕여(30대 후반으로 추정)

주어진 직업 외엔 온통 괄호 안에 든 모호한 태생은 그를 엄격하게 만들었다.

죽는다는 건 무엇입니까.
제자가 묻자, 삶의 도리도 모르는데 어찌 죽음을 안단 말이냐. 공자가 대답 했다.
그도 자주 받는 질문이었다.
그때 공자를 알았으면 대신 대답을 알려줬을 거다.
죽는다는 건, 나랑 선약이 생기는 거라고.

그는 저승사자다. 죽음에서 눈을 떠보니 이미 저승사자였다.
누구나 그를 보면 놀란다. 처음엔 잘생겨서, 그 다음엔 내가 죽었구나 싶어서.
창백한 얼굴에 검은 입술은 옛날 얘기다.
검은 두루마기도 슬림핏 수트로 바뀐 지 오래다. 저승 명부 대신 GQ를 읽고 북유럽 디자인을 선호한다.
생의 마지막 순간에 마중 나오면서까지 저렇게 섹시할 필요가 있을까 싶다.

저승사자가 되고 나선 날을 세는 것을 잊어버렸다.
그가 세어나가는 것은 무수한 망자들의 혼뿐.
그는 세월의 흐름을 망자의 첫마디에서 느끼곤 했다.
과거에는 그렇게 못 간다 많이들 울고 떼를 쓰더니 요즘은 빨리 가자 재촉하는 이가 늘었다.
어떤 이들은 기회를 줘도 생을 뒤도 돌아보기 싫어했다. 덕분에 일은 편해졌다.

도깨비인 김신과 함께 살면서 하루에 열두 번씩 바뀌는 신의 변덕에 인내심이 한계를 느낄 때마다,
전생에 뭔 큰 죄를 짓긴 지었구나 싶지만 전생에 무엇이었는지,
인간이긴 했는지, 어떻게 저승사자가 됐는지 전혀 모른다.
어중간한 건 질색이었다. 색은 희거나 검거나, 날씨는 덥거나 춥거나.
살거나 죽거나 무엇이든 명확한 게 좋았다.
동정이나 상상력이 필요한 일은 그의 취향이 아니었다.
인간사에 일어나는 것 중 그를 자극하는 건 막장 드라마뿐이었다.
예측 불가함에서 오는 자극은 중독적이었다.

그러던 중, 우연히 마주친 한 여자에게 현기증을 느꼈다. 처음 보는 게 분명한데 오래 그리워한 기분이었다.
머리부터 발끝까지 짝퉁 명품을 걸쳤는데도 빛이 났다. 써니라는 그녀의 이름처럼.
그 날부터 써니는 그의 취미가 됐다.
어디로 튈지 모르는 써니의 행동들에 드라마만큼 맹목적으로 끌렸다.
써니의 예측 불가한 행동들은 상상력을 발휘해야 했고, 그의 서툰 행동들은 하나같이 오답이었다.

이게 다 연애를 드라마로만 배운 탓이다.
그때마다 써니가 웃는다. 그는 헷갈렸다. 이것은 신의 계획일까, 실수일까. 

credit dcinside

• Like 4

On 8/14/2016 at 5:00 PM, plappi said:

We have a character description from Dcinside:

도깨비 김신(939세로 추정)

그의 이름은 복선이었고 스포일러였다. 백성들은 그를 신神이라고 불렀다.

시뻘건 피를 뒤집어쓴 채 푸르게 안광을 빛내며 적들을 베는 그는 문자 그대로의 무신武神이었다. 
덕분에 숱한 전쟁에도 백성들은 두 발 뻗고 잘 수 있었다.
평화로운 밤이 계속될수록 백성들은 김신이 왕인 꿈을 꾸었다.
그는 적의 칼날은 정확하게 보았지만 자신을 향한 어린 왕의 질투와 두려움은 보지 못했다.
그는 자신이 지키던 주군의 칼날에 죽었다.
하루 중 가장 화창한 오시午時. 영웅으로 살다 역적으로 죽어가면 바라본 하늘은 시리도록 맑았다.

천상의 존재는 상인지 벌인지 모를 늙지도 죽지도 않을 생을 주었고,
그로부터 939년 동안 김신은 도깨비로 살았다. 심장에 검을 꽂은 채로.
죽었던 순간의 고통을 오롯이 안은 채로. 그가 신경쇄약, 조울증, 불면증을 앓는 건 당연했다.
변한건 없다. 천 년이 지나도 왕은 무능했고, 하늘은 여전히 시리도록 맑았고,
도깨비가 되고 난 후에도 인간을 지키는 몹쓸 버릇은 고칠 수 없었다.
인간들은 모르지만 900년 동안 그는 인간들의 수호신이었다.
불멸의 시간 속에서 사라지지 않는 건 함께 살고 있는 저승사자뿐이었고,
그게 생각보다 큰 위로가 되었다. 그 위로가 이 엉망인 동거를 이어가게 하는 가장 큰 힘이다.
금욕주의자에 채식주의자인 저승사자와는 달리 미인과 돼지고기와 술은 많을수록 좋다가 인생 지론이다.
절개는 장군이었을 때 충분히 지켰다.

"오직 도깨비 신부만이 그 검을 뽑을 것이다."
지독히도 낭만적인 저주였다. 그래서 쉬울 줄 알았다.
큰 키에 타고난 품위, 어딘가 초월한 데서 오는 나른하고 섹시한 눈빛을 가졌고
무엇보다 여자들이 좋아하는 시간과 돈이 넘치도록 많으니까.
하지만 그가 만난 어떤 여자도 검을 발견하지 못했다.

그러던 어느 날 자신을 도깨비 신부라고 소개하는 열아홉 살 소녀 은탁과 맞닥뜨렸다.
아직 호적에 잉크도 안 마른 고딩 신부라니.
그에게 은탁은 고통에서 벗어나 소멸할 수 있는 도구였다.
달리 말하면 은탁은 자신을 죽일 수 있는 유일무이한 무기였다.
죽고 싶게 외로운 날은 탁의 환심을 샀다가 아직 죽긴 일러 싶은 날은 멀리 했다가
하루에도 열 두 번씩 마음이 오락가락 했다. 무無로 돌아가고 싶다가도,
이 정도면 견딜 만한 아픔 같기도 했다.
그런 김신을 보며 탁은 환하게 웃었고 김신은 소멸을 생각하지 않는 날이 늘어갔다.

불시착한 감정에 발이 걸려 넘어질 것 같은 불길한 예감도 들었다.
탁의 웃음에 신은 몇 번이나 어딘가를 돌아보고 싶은 마음에 사로잡혔다.
돌아서 한 번 더 보려는 것이 불멸의 삶인가, 너의 얼굴인가. 아, 너의 얼굴인 것 같다.

저승사자 왕여(30대 후반으로 추정)

주어진 직업 외엔 온통 괄호 안에 든 모호한 태생은 그를 엄격하게 만들었다.

죽는다는 건 무엇입니까.
제자가 묻자, 삶의 도리도 모르는데 어찌 죽음을 안단 말이냐. 공자가 대답 했다.
그도 자주 받는 질문이었다.
그때 공자를 알았으면 대신 대답을 알려줬을 거다.
죽는다는 건, 나랑 선약이 생기는 거라고.

그는 저승사자다. 죽음에서 눈을 떠보니 이미 저승사자였다.
누구나 그를 보면 놀란다. 처음엔 잘생겨서, 그 다음엔 내가 죽었구나 싶어서.
창백한 얼굴에 검은 입술은 옛날 얘기다.
검은 두루마기도 슬림핏 수트로 바뀐 지 오래다. 저승 명부 대신 GQ를 읽고 북유럽 디자인을 선호한다.
생의 마지막 순간에 마중 나오면서까지 저렇게 섹시할 필요가 있을까 싶다.

저승사자가 되고 나선 날을 세는 것을 잊어버렸다.
그가 세어나가는 것은 무수한 망자들의 혼뿐.
그는 세월의 흐름을 망자의 첫마디에서 느끼곤 했다.
과거에는 그렇게 못 간다 많이들 울고 떼를 쓰더니 요즘은 빨리 가자 재촉하는 이가 늘었다.
어떤 이들은 기회를 줘도 생을 뒤도 돌아보기 싫어했다. 덕분에 일은 편해졌다.

도깨비인 김신과 함께 살면서 하루에 열두 번씩 바뀌는 신의 변덕에 인내심이 한계를 느낄 때마다,
전생에 뭔 큰 죄를 짓긴 지었구나 싶지만 전생에 무엇이었는지,
인간이긴 했는지, 어떻게 저승사자가 됐는지 전혀 모른다.
어중간한 건 질색이었다. 색은 희거나 검거나, 날씨는 덥거나 춥거나.
살거나 죽거나 무엇이든 명확한 게 좋았다.
동정이나 상상력이 필요한 일은 그의 취향이 아니었다.
인간사에 일어나는 것 중 그를 자극하는 건 막장 드라마뿐이었다.
예측 불가함에서 오는 자극은 중독적이었다.

그러던 중, 우연히 마주친 한 여자에게 현기증을 느꼈다. 처음 보는 게 분명한데 오래 그리워한 기분이었다.
머리부터 발끝까지 짝퉁 명품을 걸쳤는데도 빛이 났다. 써니라는 그녀의 이름처럼.
그 날부터 써니는 그의 취미가 됐다.
어디로 튈지 모르는 써니의 행동들에 드라마만큼 맹목적으로 끌렸다.
써니의 예측 불가한 행동들은 상상력을 발휘해야 했고, 그의 서툰 행동들은 하나같이 오답이었다.

이게 다 연애를 드라마로만 배운 탓이다.
그때마다 써니가 웃는다. 그는 헷갈렸다. 이것은 신의 계획일까, 실수일까. 

credit dcinside

please, anyone can help us translate it 

• Like 4

Still no new info on the casting, but my Vietnam friend informed me Gong Yoo's cody and Wookie's hair stylist is now following each other. Not sure when they start following, but I think bc of Goblin, they need to discuss on their stars style, clothing, etc for the upcoming drama. Both Wookie and Gong Yoo are using aurabeauty for public appearance.

Wookie's, hair stylist

Gong Yoo's cody is hye_young_style (her acc is private, and since I don't hv IG acc, so I cannot access to her), and his hairstylist is https://www.instagram.com/explore/tags/limchulwoo/

Another funny thing, my friend told me, V-Nana fan club and V-Nara fan club are fighting with each other now.

• Like 6

From other info I saw in Naver, Wookie will be styled as man with black lip and pale skin, -not sure if it's the same as the info in DC. His memory is like Dori, the fish.

Not sure how they style Gong Yoo. Nana or Nara will hv cute and sunny character like typical romcom actress that can captive man's heart like great reaper. KGE is a 19 yrs old bride from rural area. I will put the link later.

• Like 8