[Drama 2017] Bride of the Water God, 하백의 신부

Chellsee

17 hours ago, vangsweetie637 said:

Omg. Just finished the episode now. It is 1:30 am and I was half tearing up, half laughing, and half smiling at how cute SA abd HB are! Now I know why you guys were thanking the PD and writer for the photoshoot scene! LOL

Yong Yong!! How adorable! Should we just call them the Yong Yong couple on here?!! :tongue:

I will give my full analysis on this episode later ehen I am awake lol. So before i sleep, Team Monday!!!

Especially @supergal99 @athena22 @moodypie

@Chellsee

@Visually-wandering

@dramu51ch0c10ve @swagpuppysong @alekaonu and my other winners too. Sorry could not tag all because phone acting up :(

Enjoy Team Monday!! :wink::tongue: Team Tuesday! We can drool and swoon as well! :D

And goodnight my chingus!

Wow wow wow...chingu ya!!  First thing I see is yummy body when I log in to soompi!! 

Is this our reward? Thank you for posting! How much effort he must have put in to get those packs!

He seemed to buff up a bit more compared to Weight lifting fairy. 

I like the name yong yong couple. they are adorable together but they can also break my heart.

I can't wait to see the drunk water god next week. I also love it when BR is together with him, and helping him. 

My soft spot for BR is actingg up again. I am in trouble lol.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, vangsweetie637 said:

Hahaha chingu..i went looking for a screaming emoji for you since you pointed out there is none here. But this is better for you:

If HY is destruction..then can HB also be destruction? He has adorable horns :tongue: haha..

i would have loved it if HY and HB were brothers instead. Omo..is it possible??? :blink: @bebebisous33

@kaoriharang @Visually-wandering @moodypie @nevill and my other chingus..

If HB and HY are opposite elements..are they half brothers instead? Omo!!

hmm I don't think so, if not wouldn't HB's mother had known about HY existence? I am sure she would have found out. So I am on the theory where HY is from the sky kingdom.

10 hours ago, aunniek said:

I saw the version you are referencing, but I also always watch the DF version because it is the "sanctioned" site for the drama.  According to the subs in their version, JD asks if they have seen "my god's servant crest".  I think it is the same thing that the high priest gave HB but is now lost.  I think if that is found, we will get some answers on who is actually the real god's servant.  In the first episode, the high priest states that SA is not a descendant of the Shins, so is she really the servant?  Or was the high priest leading HB to her for another purpose?  I'm really looking forward to JD returning from his trip.

I do think that HB remembers the incident 1200 years ago and it could have been compassion not love that he felt for that woman.  Or, SA is the reincarnated woman and that is why HB makes the statement regarding "his first and last". 

I agree, I think the Sky king is bad news.  And I do think like most that BR hates HY so much because he thinks he is responsible for killing gods in the past.  However, when the high priest was telling the story of the demi-god he said that he had never seen "them" indicating that their could be more than just HY.  So, it could be that HY is indeed not the culprit and it is a case of mistaken identity.  Or, HY could have unknowingly caused their deaths, as JD stated that HY didn't take his memory on purpose. 

I do BR, MR, and others have definitely deceived HB in many ways.  We'll just have to see what comes out in the end.  

Here's a thought for the ending: god's can basically become mortal if humans do not believe in them.  HY could use his ability to erase memories for good purposes, i.e. making everyone forget that HB is a god and he could stay in the human realm and live out a "normal" life with SA....................................

Indeed i wanna know where JD disappeared too as well.

that tablet or whatever it looks like, was given to HB to show the descendants so that they recognise him. And if like what the High priest said, SA is not of that ancestry, then who is the real descendants?

yeah I dont doubt that there is only one of this demi-gods. I am sure if lets say we assume the sky emperor is the one responsible for HY. Then i am not surprise if other gods have had children with humans (very much like greek mythology) Just that right now HY is the only one that the three of them have come across. So BR may be blaming HY when he does not realise that they could be more demi-gods out there.

could be too, but HY seems quite sure that he did not kill anyone, the fact that he has manage to keep his powers under such controls so that he has learnt what his powers are and can do. I think that incident with JD was more of an accident and it was also the first time he escaped the cave.

ohh, interesting theory, but it does seem that HY's powers (at least with regards to the memory loss) may only be a temporary effect? If it work that way on JD, cause he is a god it does not affect him much, but on a human would the effects be worse? since they are much weaker creatures than of the gods.

4 hours ago, aunniek said:

I think the "god's servant crest" is the crest that the high priest gave HB to show to the servant so they would recognize him, the one he lost.  I think MR and BR didn't bring theirs because they had no intention of ever contacting their servant.  I think that is what JD went to find and hopefully it may provide some clarification on the "servant" situation.  I'm not sure that SA is truly the servant.

Hmm well in the end HB did need it, but like you mention above, if SA is not from that line, then who is? same, i have my doubts.

17 hours ago, kaoriharang said:

remember what HB said to BR about the sky emperor getting greedy and trying to take HB's throne? Perhaps that is also linked to the whole thing? i mean there must be reason why SA's ancestors was punished. Perhaps yes they did something wrong but like you said, only the humans received the punishment.

I believe its because of HB told SA the real reason, she probably wont accept the punishment. yeah definitely we know that BR was the one that suggested it. Which makes me wonder about BR's character, perhaps he is not just mischievous, but a hint of evil?

hmm...I would like to think he's not evil. I only know he loves MR, and will protect her and do whatever she ask him to. All our questions are linked back to what happened 1200 years ago. He was definitely helping MR. But I do love his interaction with HB. If I am not mistaken in one scene, he did say that HB is a chingu?

@bebebisous33 wrote a very good insight  and I had a good time reading them. 

3 minutes ago, moodypie said:

hmm...I would like to think he's not evil. I only know he loves MR, and will protect her and do whatever she ask him to. All our questions are linked back to what happened 1200 years ago. He was definitely helping MR. But I do love his interaction with HB. If I am not mistaken in one scene, he did say that HB is a chingu?

@bebebisous33 wrote a very good insight  and I had a good time reading them. 

yeah definitely I think HB does still look at Mura and BR as family and friends, so there is definitely love there.

I am wondering about the whole joke about MR and BR being engaged and whether that is true or whether that is a joke. But if it was somewhat true in the past, could explain with BR has this affection towards MR.

16 hours ago, Visually-wandering said:

From his clothes, I think that scene will be after he got drunk. He will go to a bar with BR, and he has a feast of wine and all kind of alcohol till BR jaws' dropped. Realized how HB truly love SoAh. He'll get drunk and make trouble with a group of men. And BR help him taking care of those men. Then he goes home, SoAh open the gate, he fainted on her shoulder. She will bring her inside, to her house. That's when they're both falling to the floor and HaBaek will say, "Just stay still, I wanna hug you, I wanna kiss you" but then he falls asleep while his hand holding her hand. Lying on the floor.

Lol, I'm amazed how I can wrote the storyline for next week eps. I guess, it's because I've been paused the preview many times to screencapturing the scenes. And re arranged the scenes based on their clothes.

Poke @vangsweetie637 @Chellsee @swagpuppysong @nonski @athena22 @supergal99 @dramu51ch0c10ve @moodypie @saanjh sena

What do you think about my premonition for next week episode? Do I make sense or not? Wanna make a bet again? Lol....

I thought I felt a pinch this morning. Here's poking you back. 

I am also amazed at how you can analyse the preview in detaill. haha. I was actually wondering why BR was fighting with some guys. Your story makes sense.

It's amazing how alcohol can make Gods drunk. I would have thought that the Gods would be immune to alcohol. haha.

34 minutes ago, kaoriharang said:

yeah definitely I think HB does still look at Mura and BR as family and friends, so there is definitely love there.

I am wondering about the whole joke about MR and BR being engaged and whether that is true or whether that is a joke. But if it was somewhat true in the past, could explain with BR has this affection towards MR.

I was surprise when BR mentioned about him and MR being engaged. But they didn't elaborate on that. MR looks very agitated just the thought of it lol.

I am also laughing at this scene, when she couldn't stand hearing them talking about not consumating , she had to scream and I must sayI can feel her lol. 

See the reactions of Nam soo ri, Habaek and Joo Dong rolling on the floorrolling on the floorrolling on the floor

U0qtyb9.png

This just pops into my mind when I was reading some posts here.

Shall we just call Shim/Shin and Nabik, Shim Na Bik.....?? I am just going to assume they are one person for now since these two are the confusing lot.

And I also believe that HB never love Shim Na bik. SA is his first and last. (**just the thought of this gives me the smile)

3 hours ago, vangsweetie637 said:

If HB and HY are opposite elements..are they half brothers instead? Omo!!

If that happen, this drama can be categorized as half makjang. :wink: But I like that idea tho. 

Just now, moodypie said:

It's amazing how alcohol can make Gods drunk. I would have thought that the Gods would be immune to alcohol. haha.

Also amazing to see a god hopelessly in love. And if he give up his throne for love, then it makes HaBaek very human. 

And for chingudeul here. Found a backward kiss gif from dc. 

FAhuS4T.gif

55 minutes ago, moodypie said:

I was surprise when BR mentioned about him and MR being engaged. But they didn't elaborate on that. MR looks very agitated just the thought of it lol.

I am also laughing at this scene, when she couldn't stand hearing them talking about not consumating , she had to scream and I must sayI can feel her lol. 

See the reactions of Nam soo ri, Habaek and Joo Dong rolling on the floorrolling on the floorrolling on the floor

This just pops into my mind when I was reading some posts here.

Shall we just call Shim/Shin and Nabik, Shim Na Bik.....?? I am just going to assume they are one person for now since these two are the confusing lot.

And I also believe that HB never love Shim Na bik. SA is his first and last. (**just the thought of this gives me the smile)

maybe for now to avoid confusion we should just call her Shim, since that was how HB caleld her. if not oh my goodness I am going to be super confuse as well.

haha yeah, i am not sure, when i was reading dramabeans the assumption was that the engagement was real but called off. But here I am incline to go with it being a joke? Since Mura was so agitated!

1 hour ago, moodypie said:

I thought I felt a pinch this morning. Here's poking you back. 

I am also amazed at how you can analyse the preview in detaill. haha. I was actually wondering why BR was fighting with some guys. Your story makes sense.

ha well if HB can feel hungry i think its way possible that he can get drunk.

5 hours ago, vangsweetie637 said:

Again..HY does not come off as the evil villain here. Too many Gods are pushing his buttons..making him lose control. HY suppressed a lot of hatred and emotions inside so one wrong move on him will unleash his dark aura (the smokes). BR's grudge on HY is way too personal. I have a feeling that in the end..HY will be the one to cease existing. And the only one who may end up saving him is the only God who is known for doing nothing: HB. HB was brought to the human world..not to get the stones only..but to understand humans. Now why would he need to do such a thing..if he is already given the right to be King..? Hence i think he was put there intentionally and maybe..even for the purpose of having to resolve the real issue behind the 1,200 years incident. He has to face his truths as well: NB is one. And I also believe that NB and Shim are the same person too. Now the question is..for me at least since i don't think SA is a demigod..is WHO IS HER FATHER?  

But..i thought HB say he didn't need it. Because he believed he didn't need a servant. Haha. I think too much dramas watching made me forget earlier details hahaha. Originally I thought SA was only assumed to be the servant too. And maybe it is just me but the picture that showed up on the water thing when the High Priest showed us did not look like SA haha. But if SA is not a servant..then what will happen? :blink: omo..my hair falling again :lol:

First of all, sorry to cut your post. 

Regarding the god's crest servant, the high priest gave to habaek the crest though he insists he doesn't need it. I can't remember whether he just pots in his hands or put it in his pockets. for sure, HB did brings it and he lost it. i think that crest will play an important role in showing us what happened 1200 years ago or it might let so ah know the history of the god's servant since no one wants to tell her about it. And i have been looking for so many times on the watery-picture made by that high priest since many of you said it is not So-Ah, but i think it is her even though i am not 100% sure. However, the high priest didn't call her servant but he only call her as the child.

And i do agree with you that in the end it will be the god who is known to just stay still a.k.a Habaek that will help and save HY.  I don't know why but i have a feeling that it will be him doing it. And it will be good if it is truly him.

Finally, i had finished watching both episodes with subbed, phew! And i come back here being surprised that the thread has moving so fast. I have not fully read everything here, just scanning here and there. And i want to say that just like a few of you here (this opinion is not so popular), i have a soft spot towards bi ryum. I don't know why i pity on him or why i try to understand it. It is obvious that he is totally wrong, but rather than jut pure evil, i can sense that he is hurting a lot. He is full of hatred but it feels that the hatred only hurting himself more. This makes him unstable, like what moora said. I feels there is more to the story of the twin.

Ha-baek- I don't know if anyone had said this, i think it is ha-baek that choose to let the human woman(whoever she is;nak bin or shim chung) to leave in the water kingdom and shows compassions on her.However, she betrays him and them and cause the divine realm to be in a mess. That is why Joo dong said to him that he always believe that his decision is always the best though it causes tragedy in the end. And it explains why he says it is humiliating though. I don't think he ever love any woman before; he might only shows them sympathy. Joo dong ask him after seeing him with SA:"is it a sympathy towards human or love? back then, you don't know this too."

I think that's it for now. I really  need to go back read all the pages now.

1 hour ago, Visually-wandering said:

If that happen, this drama can be categorized as half makjang. :wink: But I like that idea tho. 

Also amazing to see a god hopelessly in love. And if he give up his throne for love, then it makes HaBaek very human. 

And for chingudeul here. Found a backward kiss gif from dc. 

Spoiler

FAhuS4T.gif

whoever did this backward kiss gif is a genius. I think this is more sexy. :wub::wub:

44 minutes ago, kaoriharang said:

maybe for now to avoid confusion we should just call her Shim, since that was how HB caleld her. if not oh my goodness I am going to be super confuse as well.

haha yeah, i am not sure, when i was reading dramabeans the assumption was that the engagement was real but called off. But here I am incline to go with it being a joke? Since Mura was so agitated!

ha well if HB can feel hungry i think its way possible that he can get drunk.

you are right. HE is very human now.

17 minutes ago, milwon said:

Regarding the god's crest servant, the high priest gave to habaek the crest though he insists he doesn't need it. I can't remember whether he just pots in his hands or put it in his pockets. for sure, HB did brings it and he lost it. i think that crest will play an important role in showing us what happened 1200 years ago or it might let so ah know the history of the god's servant since no one wants to tell her about it. And i have been looking for so many times on the watery-picture made by that high priest since many of you said it is not So-Ah, but i think it is her even though i am not 100% sure. However, the high priest didn't call her servant but he only call her as the child.

And i do agree with you that in the end it will be the god who is known to just stay still a.k.a Habaek that will help and save HY.  I don't know why but i have a feeling that it will be him doing it. And it will be good if it is truly him.

Finally, i had finished watching both episodes with subbed, phew! And i come back here being surprised that the thread has moving so fast. I have not fully read everything here, just scanning here and there. And i want to say that just like a few of you here (this opinion is not so popular), i have a soft spot towards bi ryum. I don't know why i pity on him or why i try to understand it. It is obvious that he is totally wrong, but rather than jut pure evil, i can sense that he is hurting a lot. He is full of hatred but it feels that the hatred only hurting himself more. This makes him unstable, like what moora said. I feels there is more to the story of the twin.

Ha-baek- I don't know if anyone had said this, i think it is ha-baek that choose to let the human woman(whoever she is;nak bin or shim chung) to leave in the water kingdom and shows compassions on her.However, she betrays him and them and cause the divine realm to be in a mess. That is why Joo dong said to him that he always believe that his decision is always the best though it causes tragedy in the end. And it explains why he says it is humiliating though. I don't think he ever love any woman before; he might only shows them sympathy. Joo dong ask him after seeing him with SA:"is it a sympathy towards human or love? back then, you don't know this too."

I think the high priest pop the crest into HB's pocket. But he lost it together with his clothes. hahaha. Oh I see that you too have soft spot for BR. We are in trouble then. haha. 

Dang. My phone is at 5%. Before charging it, wanted to drop this by:

tumblr_or4nqxaNjn1w2y2guo2_540.gif

80663f8ee767cbbaf9ab215f3b6ce38abc3f4583

Calling Team Monday! More showers of love for you guys!! Ooo..lalalala.. :tongue:

@Chellsee @alekaonu @supergal99 @moodypie @Visually-wandering @dramu51ch0c10ve @athena22 @kaoru11 @kaoriharang @bebebisous33 @ktcjdrama and my other chingus too!

Phone went down to 2% already hahaha!

Be back later :wink:

On 8/2/2017 at 4:12 AM, bebebisous33 said:

Let me know what you think...

Hmmmm really love your theories chinguya...well we all know based on manhwa that Soah is a fake wife..maybe on this spin off..they make her as a FAKE SERVANT...and Nakbin on the manhwa is a demi god..a daughter of the emperor and Habaek first wife...however on this drama..she is  THE HUMAN SACRIFICE...I've got really a positive vibe that Soah is the demi god here...but then again the high priest also told Habaek that you will recognize them (Demi-God) coz you are born to be a king...:scream:

AISHHHHH!!MOLA MOLA!!:joy:Chaebal PDnim!!Give us the answer on episode 11 & 12..so they can get married on episode 13 and give us a little glimpse of their honeymoon!!:joy::glasses:...in manhwa they have a daughter right..meaning to say..they really have to consummate their wedding from episode 14-16 until Yu-hwa (daughter of Yong yong couple) will be born..kekekeke:joy:Can somebody slap me..I don't mind really..:joy::joy:

1 hour ago, vangsweetie637 said:

Calling Team Monday! More showers of love for you guys!! Ooo..lalalala.. :tongue:

@Chellsee @alekaonu @supergal99 @moodypie @Visually-wandering @dramu51ch0c10ve @athena22 @kaoru11 @kaoriharang @bebebisous33 @ktcjdrama and my other chingus too!

Phone went down to 2% already hahaha!

Be back later :wink:

Aigooooooooooooooooo. Just checking my phone and I see sexy waterghost working out. My throat become dried. Need my cold black liquid with bitter-sour and a little bit sweet to refresh it. 

1 hour ago, Kissy13 said:

Chaebal PDnim!!Give us the answer on episode 11 & 12..so they can get married on episode 13 and give us a little glimpse of their honeymoon!!:joy::glasses:...in manhwa they have a daughter right..meaning to say..they really have to consummate their wedding from episode 14-16 until Yu-hwa (daughter of Yong yong couple) will be born..kekekeke:joy:Can somebody slap me..I don't mind really..:joy::joy:

I won't slap you. I will repost your wish again with bold fonts, who knows a spy from production crew passed by here. Checking out the international fans wish list. *Echoing ::::: "they really have to consummate their wedding from episode 14-16 until Yu-hwa (daughter of Yong yong couple) will be born".

:lol:

1 hour ago, moodypie said:

whoever did this backward kiss gif is a genius. I think this is more sexy. :wub::wub:

Knetizen often came out with creative idea on kissing scene. Me always checking the thread there everytime a phenomenal kiss happened:D

3 hours ago, moodypie said:

Wow wow wow...chingu ya!!  First thing I see is yummy body when I log in to soompi!! 

Is this our reward? Thank you for posting! How much effort he must have put in to get those packs!

He seemed to buff up a bit more compared to Weight lifting fairy. 

I like the name yong yong couple. they are adorable together but they can also break my heart.

I can't wait to see the drunk water god next week. I also love it when BR is together with him, and helping him. 

My soft spot for BR is actingg up again. I am in trouble lol.

Lol..it's like having breakfast served in bed, isn't it? :tongue: of course, the Winners takes all so I have to shower all of you with tons of HB love :wink: you should see my other picture of him pulling strings i posted above. You will definitely see how he is getting those 8 packs :tongue: aww i know. YongYong is also breaking my heart and yet they make me flutter too. But as @Visually-wandering said..HB is a hopeless romantic and so are we haha i am sure HB drank godly liquor in the God realm. But now that he is with humans..he has to learn the meaning of drunk LOL. As for BR..i don't hate him chingu..but he does make me frustrated :D

2 hours ago, milwon said:

Hi chingu! No problem about cutting my posts. Hmmm..I will have to go back and watch the episode with the crest. I can't remember it much so will need to refresh my memories lol. Originally, i thought that SA was only assumed to be the servant because she so happened to own the land. But..then I thought about the fact that HB didn't even want to see the face of his servant when the elder told him to..so perhaps the land gives away the servant's identity. So i stuck with the idea that she is the servant. However, i think she her family line was falsely put there..because she mentioned both her parents name are not Shim. Haha always so much more questions in the end. I also don't think HB truly loved NB. I think he felt sympathetic to her but didn't understand love like he is now..with SA :) i strongly think HB will eventually be the one to resolve this whole hatred with Demigods. He will begin to humanize with HY and once he gets the whole truth behind the 1200 incident..i believe he will finally do something about it. As for BR..haha i don't hate him chingu. But he does make me frustrated.

@moodypie You know what I find ironic..haha. So..it is said Gods cannot have babies. And they only exist if Humans believe in them or maybe they were placed there. If such is the case..why does MR and BR have the need to "CONSUMMATE" then????. haha. In human language, we know what that means and what it is. So just what is it in..God language?? :tongue: HB had no idea about what the humans do..in order to have babies. *sorry. This topic brings out the whiplash in me*

tumblr_nmg8k34vp31u7ht84o1_400.gif

@kaoriharang Hi dongseng! I agree. HB and HY can't be brothers. Otherwise..why would his mom put the curse on the humans. Haha. But it would have been cool to see that arc. 

Spoiler

I still haven't watched my other dramas yet. Really cannot fall behind lol.

I just found out that although the author is Korean,the setting in the manhwa is in ancient China.Setting plays a part in the story too.So I was thinking,eventhough the setting in the drama is in Korea,is there some elements of Chinese ancient history or mythology that can be seen in the drama?(Besides the dragon symbolism of course)

Archived