[Drama 2017] Bride of the Water God, 하백의 신부

Chellsee

3 hours ago, nevill said:

she is my bias, and actually i havnt seen as many hate comments as i used to, where did you read them? is it in korean?

There's a lot of hate comments if you check on a few illegal drama sites before the airing of 1st ep. Some blogs too talked about how bad she was in her previous work and how they speculate the drama will be doomed because of her (same thing happened to NJH). I actually don't get it as well because I've seen a couple of her dramas (Blademan and The Girl Who Sees Smell) and I think she's okay in them and I actually started to like her way before I see any or her works..  BUT I notice that now, after ep 4, the hostile comments are getting less and less which is a good thing (at least on the websites that I frequent).I am quite happy because she's doing great in BOTWG and some haters are left eating their own words basically.

Frankly, I like her the moment I saw her few years ago. I'm a girl so it's quite funny that her face captured my attention and I don't know how to explain it but I just "fell in love' with her at first sight. Besides pretty face (PS or not I don't really care), I love her unique laugh - high pitch, something between a laugh and a cry, really weird and funny. You can try to hear her laugh when she pranked Habaek in ep 4. 

More people are commenting positively also and I'm hoping she'll slay it in this show so people will start appreciate her and her work now instead of still yapping about her past.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

-> HB mentioned the incident when SA jumped into the river 14 years ago so he's not really clueless about her.

qoSfy3p.png

iqpRhEp.png

One of them knows the other very well but it's the opposite to the other one. I am interested to see how they will transition from strangers to lovers.

-> Has anyone noticed the brand of the white shoes that SA is using? I kind of like it and i am hoping it is available here in my country because i am thinking of getting one.

1 hour ago, Lady_Lara said:

Episode 4 left so many questions in my head! So Ah found out from the internet that HaBaek had a wife and a daughter. So does it mean that the history or fate is already written and can't be changed? Why does HaBaek not know or remember it if he's already lived 2800 years? Or the current situation -that he lost his powers and saved So Ah-these events can change history and fate as well?!!!

soooo many questions!! But I like it cos it makes me anticipate next episodes! 

By the way-sometimes I catch myself that I just stare at HaBaek-he is so SO handsome and gorgeous -he is like Korean Appolo:wub:

I wanted to say the same thing! *High five* This episode left more questions for us because certain things that we did not know before are now revealed to us.

What exactly happened 14 years ago when So Ah first tried to drown herself?

So Ah researches about Habaek and found that the internet said that he has a wife and a daughter.Yet,he denies this.What did that information found by So Ah mean?My theory is in spoiler below.

[WARNING: SPOILER RELATED TO MANHWA BELOW.DON'T LOOK IF YOU DON'T WANT TO.YOU'VE BEEN WARNED.]

Spoiler

Those who completely read and understood the manhwa,please correct me if I'm wrong because I didn't read the ending and I didn't understand the manhwa when I read it.I gave up after 1st chapter.

The ending was that Habaek had a daughter with So Ah but then So Ah died.Habaek vowed to find her in her reincarnated form again in the future.

Is So Ah here the reincarnated form?Or is the information that she read is a prediction of the future?(Note that the drama is different from the manhwa because it is a spinoff.Only certain elements are the same.)

Guys, these 4 episodes so far have just shown what's on the surface.But what's below it?Seriously can't wait for upcoming episodes because there's certainly much more to this plot than I had originally thought.

And Yes!Habaek is super drool-worthy:wub:...especially his abs *hehe:lol:*

Hi @swagpuppysong !Welcome and feel free to comment and discuss with us!More opinions makes watching BOTWG more interesting and meaningful:)

23 minutes ago, rasikha said:

I don't know why guys.... but am i the only one who thinks that maybe Soo Ah's father is the priest? The one who keeps talking "it's fate"

Interesting theory:DBut what makes you think so?I can't picture the high priest guy as So Ah's father so please enlighten us:)

@dramu51ch0c10ve and @Chellsee

I feel at home in this thread already :wub::lol: yipee!

I remember a line in episode 1 that So-Ah is bound to forget her memories once she fulfills her duties as a servant..but maybe falling in love with our water god is bound to change that?!? Hehe just a thought.

@rasikha that's an interesting idea chingu! I also think So-Ah dad did something bad and he's paying back humanity the best he could *wink!

10 minutes ago, swagpuppysong said:

@dramu51ch0c10ve and @Chellsee

I feel at home in this thread already :wub::lol: yipee!

I remember a line in episode 1 that So-Ah is bound to forget her memories once she fulfills her duties as a servant..but maybe falling in love with our water god is bound to change that?!? Hehe just a thought.

@rasikha that's an interesting idea chingu! I also think So-Ah dad did something bad and he's paying back humanity the best he could *wink!

Glad that you're comfortable here already:lol: 

I think that your thought is true. So Ah is supposed to forget about being a servant to a God after Habaek returns to Water kingdom.But that is if Habaek had used the seal/sign(?) given by the high priest to awaken So Ah. Unfortunately he lost it.So he tried kissing her instead as a last resort.

Kiss + Attraction that might have started 14 years ago = Obviously you won't forget a God like that would you?

Of course not!I'll remember those memories for the rest of my life.Same thing goes for So Ah.Plus, there's no cure if she falls in love with him.He already warned her.So I agree with you @swagpuppysong and I doubt So Ah will ever forget her memories related to Habaek.

BTW,why did Habaek say 'I'm sorry' at the end of episode 4? Is it a sorry for all the trouble he has put her through as he is on his mission?A sorry for not helping her since her childhood years?Or...A sorry for what will happen in the future(falling in love,she is in more danger,he has to leave her etc.)?

Episode 5,Come Quick!:crazy:

20 minutes ago, dramu51ch0c10ve said:

BTW,why did Habaek say 'I'm sorry' at the end of episode 4? Is it a sorry for all the trouble he has put her through as he is on his mission?A sorry for not helping her since her childhood years?Or...A sorry for what will happen in the future(falling in love,she is in more danger,he has to leave her etc.)?

dont know why but to me it felt like he was saying sorry bc he is going to do something that he said he wouldnt aka kiss her without permission, the mood and intonation, gave this kind of feeling for me. but maybe its wishful thinking? 

Episode 4 become good so far..plot become progress ,fast and we know a lot of character:rolleyes:

The relationship SA And Habaek become cute especially write in the wall:wub:

and direction episod 4 so better than other episode..

and the last part we know habaek has daughter. ...Wow:wub:

30 minutes ago, swagpuppysong said:

@dramu51ch0c10ve - Probably he's sorry because he lost his powers and he's not able to give her the ocean, sand and sun she's day dreaming about :lol:

Yes! The same thoughts about HaBaek and his sorry at the end of 4ep. I wish he was sorry because wanted to kiss her without permission but I think it's too early for him to give her the second kiss if only he's already fallen in love with her-but again it's too early, he likes her a lot and she's the only one human being who he wants to protect no matter what and whose tears can move him-but HaBaek himself doesn't realize what kind of feeling makes him be so sensitive and protective towards So Ah (but we of cause know heheheB):D).

@dramu51ch0c10ve really love your conclusions, chingu! To be honest I wish to watch So Ah adventures in Ha Baek world as in original story but this story is also interesting and thrilling so just wait the next episodes to find out the So Ah and Ha Baek secret which started 14 years ago!

Anneyeong Chinggus :wink:I am new to this threads. I love watching Nam Joo Hyuk acting since Scarlet Heart drama. I am looking forward to see his acting in this drama but from ep 1 I didn't just fall on love with Nam Joo Hyuk but I fall in love with the drama .The story is interesting. I just  finished watching ep 3 on Astro 395 TVN just now waiting for ep 4 to air tomorrow on Astro 395 TVN. Am I the only one? But I got this feeling that Ju Hwan character is not very good person like he's someone who come to distrub Haebek from fullfilling his duty lol.

2 hours ago, rasikha said:

I don't know why guys.... but am i the only one who thinks that maybe Soo Ah's father is the priest? The one who keeps talking "it's fate"

actually it makes a lot of sense. also we havnt seen the dad, maybe its bc they want to show his absence but maybe its bc he is the same priest, and it would make that small girl SA 

party shooting

New making film on youtube

Newly released official cut! One of my favorite scene in episode 4! Habaek-nim looks really cool and handsome in all kind of clothes :heart:

"Bride of Water God" Nam Joo Hyuk - Shin Se Kyung market date

Well, for me the highlight of episode 4 was to see how So-Ah is warming up towards Habaek. The way she was teasing him when they met on the street was too cute for words...  crazy monkey  And she looked genuinely happy when Habaek entered back home before her. She is slowly accepting having a (powerless) god in her life, and it seems that she appreciates how he tries to protect her, and because of this and not out of fear she accepts to have them around. The scene in the countryside was also adorable, and I loved the whole "ok, tell me about the gods in heaven, I've heard about your mother, your wife, etc". About the swimming scene, to me it looked like she was daydreaming about her desire to swim in the ocean, and he entered her thoughts; he seemed to be sorry in general, about not being able to give her the happiness she asked for. Since we have seen how he was laughing at Namsuri thinking that he would care enough to be sorry, this is a clear signal that he acknowledges that he cares about her, which has to be also surprising for him...

Well, I want the stone quest to kick-off for real, but after this week what I'm really looking forward is to see more of their budding romance. So, it's official that I'm boarding the OTP ship. :D Habaek and So Ah have such a sweet chemistry together. :wub::wub::wub:

5 hours ago, Lady_Lara said:

Episode 4 left so many questions in my head! So Ah found out from the internet that HaBaek had a wife and a daughter. So does it mean that the history or fate is already written and can't be changed? Why does HaBaek not know or remember it if he's already lived 2800 years? Or the current situation -that he lost his powers and saved So Ah-these events can change history and fate as well?!!!

soooo many questions!! But I like it cos it makes me anticipate next episodes! 

By the way-sometimes I catch myself that I just stare at HaBaek-he is so SO handsome and gorgeous -he is like Korean Appolo:wub:

I know...every time Habaek is on screen I remember his words on episode 1 about being nature...I mean, he is indeed a wonder of nature :wub:

18 hours ago, amisyka77 said:

Have you noticed that at the beginning of the episode 4, Ha Baek was closing his eyes again, when NSR asked him to turn stones into gold!! So I do think that his powers are connected to his vision and blindness. When he rescued So Ah, he had his eyes open!!

I have been thinking about his eyes since episode one. A portrait of Ha Baek being painted and he would not open his eyes.  It was the last feature the painter needed to add when he received the message that he had to go to the human world.  I wonder if the reason he does not have his full powers is because his portrait was not completed.  Just a thought. 

Archived