[Drama 2017] Tunnel 터널

larus

@msrose122 

tP1G6gH.jpg

Hello  I’m happy to see you here.  Last night I found that OCN Tunnel updated the character description so since then I worked  on it and just finished it.  Yes I wondered about her possible pregnancy too, after seeing her cloths when she looks for her husband Kwang Ho. :o 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, booha said:

@msrose122 

tP1G6gH.jpg

Hello  I’m happy to see you here.  Last night I found that OCN Tunnel updated the character description so since then I worked  on it and just finished it.  Yes I wondered about her possible pregnancy too, after seeing her cloths when she looks for her husband Kwang Ho. :o 

@booha

You did a wonderful job translating it!!! Thank you so much!!!

10 hours ago, booha said:

OCN Tunnel has an official site for Tunnel introduction and character description.  I translated them as best as I could.  There are some lines I wasn’t quite sure about and I might have missed some points …   hopefully there aren’t too many defects .

Thanks for the translation of the character description.

More stills from the drama and big articles.

.2017031601001386100096321.jpg

http://sports.chosun.com/news/news.htm?id=201703160100138610009632&ServiceDate=20170315

Guest ororomunroe

@larus  your first post says that it will air on Fridays and Saturdays at 11PM but Asianwiki says it's on Saturdays and Sundays at 10PM. Which one is the right one so I can fix the drama schedule? :) 

@larus  I translated the article you posted.  It sounded interesting.

This article explained a bit more about  the drama.  A few days ago there were IGs from CJH and the staff which showed the script with marking for CJH’s part.  CJH said “There is no scene I’m not appearing in….. happy & thankful& pleasurable  but  not much sleep”  CJH didn’t show the episode number in the script so I don’t know how far they have finished with shootings.  
Still I wonder whether Park Kwang Ho may be the central character around the plot line for the drama? 

(translation) 

http://enews24.tving.com/news/article.asp?nsID=1176566    

Park Kwang Ho played by Choi Jin Hyuk doesn’t have the time for proper love dating  because he is busy running along on the ridges between rice paddies in order to catch criminals.  So people in a police station are frantic  to have PKH married.  As a result  they come out with a plan. When PKH comes back from the crime scene, they force him to go on a matchmaking date.  These rough detectives succeed in combing his hair with the perfect  old fashion ‘2:8 parted hair’.   They even make PKH wear a plaid shirt and a polka dot tie which are ill-matched with ‘old style leather jacket’ which is the trademark fashion  of an ‘old fashioned detective’ PKH.     

CJH said at the time of the shooting  he acted stylish so  he brought out  100% of the image of the unbalanced figure of PKH which made the staff cheer.  He showed the different side of PKH unlike from the one who uses swear words or pursues the perpetrator with a fierce tone.  In the meantime, CJH’s simple, naive image, which was not seen in any other works, made responses like "It suits 2 to 8" and "It cannot be any better than this".

CJH will show a man who falls in love at first sight with Yeon Sook for the first time in his life, as well as a strong detective who will pour every effort into catching the perpetrator.    The production team said “If Jang Hyuk of Voice gave a feeling of icy tension and burning vengeance, CJH’s Tunnel will show tension with another aspect which adds warmth with humanity.” “I want you to look forward to the work of Choi Jin Hyuk, who is passionately studying emotional lines and gestures in order to express them perfectly.”

‘Tunnel’ is a crime investigation story which tracks the serial killings that have lasted for 30 years with the desire to save people.  It’s a crime investigation story with "humanism of analog sensibility" which battles with humanity rather the brain /intellect. 

“There is no scene I’m not appearing in….. happy & thankful& pleasurable  but  not much sleep” 

https://www.instagram.com/p/BRmSnEfBw6D/?taken-by=real_jinhyuk

@msrose122    Yes I read that too from other previous article that sounded like he was the sole main lead. But I’m kind of confused because normally in a drama  there are two main leads and two supporting leads right?   Maybe Tunnel is different.   As I mentioned it before.. so  it’s possible that Tunnel has a story line built around PKH.    I’m just guessing though.   However I’m happy to know there will a love line for PKH.   It’s a total bonus  for me.  hehe :tongue:

‘Tunnel’  Choi Jin Hyuk & Lee Yoo Young & Yoon Hyun Min

the childhood pictures of the 3 leads

smCwM78.jpg

UPOHOje.jpg

BQpWJzJ.jpg

http://sports.donga.com/3/all/20170316/83351017/1

Omg  OCN Tunnel will hold the Tunnel premiere of  preview EP1&2 in march 22, 2017.  CJH & YHM & LYY will attend this event.  I’m guessing this event is for lucky Koreans. ^_^<_<

translation by et_winnie

https://www.instagram.com/p/BRs5BNejd9A/?taken-by=et_winnie

OCN FB: https://www.facebook.com/OCN.TV?ref=hl

**I’m glad to read that they are optimistic about Choi Jin Hyuk’s Park Kwang Ho. I translated some parts.

<Tunnel> Choi Jin Hyuk, ‘the best detective character’
CJH is raising the expectation with coming of another “edge character” in his comeback drama.

CJH transforms into 80’s detective PKH in Tunnel broadcasted on March 25.

As a 10 years homicide detective,  he is ‘the master of the criminal investigation’ who catches the criminal with only his intuition  because  the concept of scientific investigation such as CCTV or the fingerprint identification didn’t exist at the time.  Even though he can act with his fist first instead of talking, with his mom who raised him by herself and his wife Yeon Sook, he carries himself with a deep devotion.

CJH determines to express  through PKH’s part as realistically as possible about the 80’s ‘cold outside and warm inside personality (츤데레)’ character.

In particular there is a high expectation that  CJH’s portray of PKH  would be better than his previous roles like the most charming Gu Wol Ryung, 'Gu Family Book' and Gu Dong Chi, 'Pride and Prejudice'.

He plans to combine the charisma of ‘dark Wol Ryung’ which created ‘Wol Ryung fever’ syndrome  and Gu Dong Chi , a working man with heart with pure love.

According to the production team, “We are confident that CJH’s PKH will touch not only the domestic viewers but also the overseas viewers.   

http://enews.imbc.com/News/RetrieveNewsInfo/201183

UE9Lr0G.jpg

((translation))

Tunnel [2min highlights]

If I catch him,  I might be able to go back!
The unusual alliance begins in order  to solve the serial murder that resumed in 30 years!

(007) (PKH) Where did this punk go   (008) [1986 Hwayang, Gyeonggi Province]  Come over here  you punk   (013) Ohhh…   
(019) [Passionate/zealous detective who uses gut instinct, Park Kwang Ho]  (027) [Nonstop killings] 

Spoiler

(028)(PKH) Could it be the same culprit?   (029)(boss) Hey don’t talk nonsense  
(030)(PKH) Kim---    (031)(PKH)There were the markings on all four of them  right?  (032) What gibberish are you saying?!    (033)(PKH) The marking on the back of the ankle!  (034) Is it important?  
(036)(boss) Who is this crazy one who kills someone and leaves a mark on them?!
(046)(PKH) There were 6 marking points on the back of the ankle    (047) Not 5 but 6?  (048)(PKH) What?   (049) Then one is missing?

(050) [The fifth victim disappeared]    (051)(PKH) Where was the fifth body thrown off?
(059)(PKH) That’s the one   Ya You punk   Stop there   Where did this punk go
(113)(PKH) If it’s 2017 then I must jump  30 years   [To capture the culprit, he jumped 30 years]
(116)(PKH) The only place I know is a police station. /I simply have no place to go. /If I couldn’t return, I have to stick around here.  
(124)(PKH) About last night I’m sorry…  nay, I apology
(126)(KSJ) Don’t apology   (PKH)Yea?  (KSJ)Now on (you) go ahead and suffer  (129)[prickly elite detective Kim Sun Jae]  

(130)(JSS) Starting today she will join in our team as  a criminal psychology advisor, SJY professor (135)(SJY) Yeah I’m very interested in the crazy criminals and research on those crazy ones. I'm looking forward to it. (140) [psychology professor who is obsessed with research of killers  Shin Jae Yi]   
(141)(KSJ) Lee Sun Ok ssi you met yesterday is dead.  (SJY) Yes (KSJ) why did you meet Lee Sun Ok ssi? 

(146) [The fifth corpse is discovered after 30 years]  (152)(PKH) What is this?  /Yes that’s it  /I came here because of this case  /If I solve this case I might be able to go back /

** I just saw in the character description  VIXX photo with 1988 Park Kwang Ho. Possibly VIXX re-signed in for Tunnel.    It’s clear now this 1988 PKH is not the same one as 1958 PKH.  They are simply two different characters.

Park kwang Ho (VIXX)  homicide sergeant

'Born 1988 Park Kwang Ho' 

5zPnnHV.png

He’s a third year with the rank, sergeant.  He has no family.
He works at the police sub-station in the Hwayang district and later receives a transfer order to the SuJeong police station.  
At the time he works at the police sub-station, he doesn’t think seriously about a stalking report so he sends away a woman who reported it.  Next day this woman is killed.
Afterward he suffers from the trauma, and though he receives a transfer order, mysteriously  he doesn’t  show up.

He meets once with 1958,Kwang Ho.

On 16.03.2017 at 1:54 AM, ororomunroe said:

your first post says that it will air on Fridays and Saturdays at 11PM but Asianwiki says it's on Saturdays and Sundays at 10PM. Which one is the right one so I can fix the drama schedule?

Sorry for the late reply. I just saw the message. It was my mistake. It is Saturday and Sundays because it is following Voice and it is OCN drama. I made the corection.

OCN’s “Tunnel” Confirms Casting Of VIXX’s N With First Look At His Mysterious Character

J. Lim March 19, 2017

VIXX-N-Tunnel.jpg

The story of how complicated it was for VIXX’s N to join OCN’s “Tunnel” has been revealed.

With its first episode scheduled to air on March 25, “Tunnel” follows a detective who is searching for a serial killer targeting women in the 1980s, and ends up time-traveling to 2016. He establishes a connection between the past and present, and uses this to try and solve the case.

Choi Jin Hyuk will play Park Gwang Ho, a detective of violent crimes who was born in 1958 and travels from the 1980s to 2016. N will play sergeant Park Gwang Ho, who was born in 1988 and has three years of experience under his belt.

As implied from the fact that the two characters share the same name, N’s Park Gwang Ho is a mysterious character who knows the secret of the 30-year time slip. This was why fans were excited to hear that the idol would be participating in the drama. N has already proven his talent as an “acting-dol” by appearing in various musicals and dramas.

https://www.soompi.com/2017/03/19/ocns-tunnel-confirms-casting-vixxs-n-first-look-mysterious-character/

On 17.03.2017 at 11:35 PM, booha said:

He’s a third year with the rank, sergeant.  He has no family.
He works at the police sub-station in the Hwayang district and later receives a transfer order to the SuJeong police station.  

I thought that he might be Park Gwang Ho`s son but reading more about his character, I think it is a coincidence of names. He was born in 1988 and Park Gwang Ho, the protagonist, disapeared in 1986. The article above said that he knows the secret of the 30 years time jump. How?  He knows about the detective because he did a background search? He was curious to find out more about the detective with the same name? Or is something more than that? Are they related or not?  If I was the writer, I would make someone in the future related to the protagonist or a former partner/ friend from the police force. This way, we could find what happened with the people close to  Gwang Ho after he disappeared.

I am still curious... How Gwang Ho will work in the police departnement in the future? If the 30 years time jump is still a secret, how he is able to work there?

9 hours ago, larus said:

I thought that he might be Park Gwang Ho`s son but reading more about his character, I think it is a coincidence of names. He was born in 1988 and Park Gwang Ho, the protagonist, disapeared in 1986. The article above said that he knows the secret of the 30 years time jump. How?  He knows about the detective because he did a background search? He was curious to find out more about the detective with the same name? Or is something more than that? Are they related or not?  If I was the writer, I would make someone in the future related to the protagonist or a former partner/ friend from the police force. This way, we could find what happened with the people close to  Gwang Ho after he disappeared.

I am still curious... How Gwang Ho will work in the police departnement in the future? If the 30 years time jump is still a secret, how he is able to work there?

So there are two PKHs, PKH58 and PKH88.   You are right. PKH88 birthdates are 1988-1-20.  So PKH58 couldn’t be the dad.  But I’m sure there will be hidden surprises.  Besides it shouldn’t be that difficult with the writer’s magic wand to make them a father and a son if she wants.  hehe  I noticed their age difference was 30(88 & 58)  and the time jump, 30…  However I thought PKH58 was supposed to have a daughter??    I read too that in the earlier articles, PHK88 was supposed to know about the secret of the time jump.   When they met in the latest teaser, it didn’t look like they knew each other. I could be wrong.   Also when PKH58 looked at the paper, he didn’t seem to be aware that the person on the paper had the same name as he did. He just saw the date 2016 and he seemed puzzled saying ‘not 1986?’  Maybe later he will remember the paper and name perhaps... 

Btw.  (According to the char-description) (not sure 100% about this part) PKH did some favor for the team leader 30 years ago and  he is the first one who notices the identity of PKH58.    I guess the team leader is the only one who saw PKH58 in 1986. I wonder if this team leader might be the young man in cop’s uniform in the photo??

Spoiler

Jeon Seong Sik (Cho Hee Bong) / team leader
"Are you our family?"

Born in 1965. Homicide team1 leader.  A 30 year veteran who started as a cop.
He came back to the station where he first started with the police and took over the team.

He takes care of everybody  like family.
He doesn’t like outsiders and people who act smarty. So he doesn’t too much care about Sun Jae.  He was the one who first noticed the identity of Kwang Ho who was his defender(?) 30 years ago.

***In this scene PKH88 looks banged up.  PKH58 approached  and said to PKH88, “Get out of the car... (the door is still locked)  I’m the police.. Ya  Open the door..”   Right then PKH88 took off.  He looked frightened. He didn’t look like a crazy psycho.  

6rjRahb.jpg

*** It looks like a transfer order paper(?)  It says something like ‘The above named person is ordered to transfer to Hwayang police on 2016-12-5’)   But I don’t know whether this paper was given to PKH88 or to someone else.  Why did Kim Sun Jae have it on his phone?   

Spoiler

4O12NtG.jpg

mqHnwdY.jpg

(EP0) Tunnel Choi Jin Hyeok, who made the time jump 30 years!  
A strange and fatal first encounter with two different men (N & YHM)

10 hours ago, booha said:

So there are two PKHs, PKH58 and PKH88.   You are right. PKH88 birthdates are 1988-1-20.  So PKH58 couldn’t be the dad.  But I’m sure there will be hidden surprises.  Besides it shouldn’t be that difficult with the writer’s magic wand to make them a father and a son if she wants.  hehe  I noticed their age difference was 30(88 & 58)  and the time jump, 30…  However I thought PKH58 was supposed to have a daughter??

I read about the daughter as well. Later, it wasn`t mentioned at all. :D Now we wonder if he had a son. :lol:

It will be interesting to know when exactly PKH58 (:lol: I love how you used this appelation) made the time jump. From the pictures, we`ll see PKH58 with his wife in early stages of his relationship, we saw the wedding pictures. When the wife looked pregnant, she was not with PKH58. I wonder if he disappeared before he found out about his child. I am sure he will look for information about his family in 2017. I wonder what happen with them. If they are alive 30 years later, PKH must look for them. If he finds out some tragic information, it will be another strong reason to want to come back to his time. I already root for PKH to solve the case and come back. :)

Archived