[Drama 2017] Tunnel 터널

larus

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Choi Jin-hyuk runs like crazy to solve a serial murder case in Tunnel

by tineybeanie | March 6, 2017 | 3 Comments

tumblr_ols1bn7g9f1sdd1ivo9_r1_540.jpg

OCN’s upcoming supernatural thriller Tunnel has released two new teasers that feature Choi Jin-hyuk (Pride and Prejudice) as a hot-blooded police detective working on a homicide case in 1986. This drama is actually based on the real unsolved Hwaseong serial murder case from 1980, as many dramas and films have done before (Gap-dong, Memories of Memories, among others), but of course there’s a twist in this one: Choi Jin-hyuk is able to travel thirty years to the future via tunnel to our present 2017, where he has a shot at solving the case.

In the first teaser, the corpse of a young woman is found in the middle of a barren field, with strange markings and signs of struggle seen all over her body. Choi Jin-hyuk is one of the first policemen on site, and he lets out a frustrated sigh as he views the scene. Then we cut to him running around in search of a lead, as he says in voiceover, “Let’s see who wins!” He seems like a brash and passionate detective, who throws himself headlong into his work and goes overboard slapping and cursing at his suspects during interrogation. However, when he sees the hooded man whom he believes is the murderer, he starts running furiously with a single-mindedness that reflects the closing caption: “Quitting is not a word in a 1986 detective’s vocabulary.”

Full article http://www.dramabeans.com/2017/03/choi-jin-hyuk-runs-like-crazy-to-solve-a-serial-murder-case-in-tunnel/

OCN released  BTS wedding scene of CJH and LSA.  It seems PKH makes a time jump after the wedding and because of her  he tries hard to return to 1980s. The article didn’t say how long after the wedding he jumped to the present.  No mention about his daughter??  

"Thirty years ago" ... 'Tunnel'  Choi Jin Hyuk · Lee Shi A, tragic wedding

qRt6uSf.jpg

“I have to catch the man from 30 years ago and go back to 1986 soon as possible!”

‘Tunnel’ released  the wedding pictures which showed  Choi Jin Hyuk and Lee Shi A looking like ‘a couple of god& goddess’. 

In’ Tunnel’  where fate and time intersect, Choi Jin Hyuk portrays  a homicide detective Park Kwang Ho who, while chasing after the suspect in the tunnel in 1986, makes a time jump  after 30years to 2017.   PKH has been a homicide detective for more than 10years.  He finds the clues through  searching around a suspect with a dogged persistence,  and pursues  the investigation by reading the mind of a person.   After the time jump in 2017, another serial murder occurs again after 30 years and he tries to catch the killer.

In the drama  1986, CJH falls in love with Yeon Suk(Lee Shi A) at first sight and, after twists and turns, he  marries  her.  Unembellished PKH who is incapable of revealing his true feelings, carries on with an ‘old-fashioned courtship operation’  resulting in a happy wedding.   After that PKH has a sudden time jump and tries to catch a serial killer, and at the same time he is expected to grab the hearts of viewers with the  image of a loving man who tries to return to the side of his beloved Yeon Suk. 

CJH and LSA displayed the wedding scenery of the 80’s, and even the staffs were soaking up memories of the past time.   In order to produce a small wedding scene in the ‘80s,  the crew chose the wedding dress  for  the simple wedding ceremony  in order to give the feel of the 80s.  CJH appeared as a groom whose outfit was a neat black suit without detail and a bland looking tie which received the attention of the staff at once.   CJH said “Wearing a formal dress which feels like my father ‘s dress and shooting for the wedding ceremony in the background of the 80’s, I felt like I came to my parents’ wedding ceremony.”

CJH who will show his first comeback drama, “I remember that I was fascinated by the character from the moment I read a synopsis and I kept thinking about how to express the character PKH.” “Having the first lead part I feel a big responsibility but I am also excited.  I’m going to be fully immersed in PKH and would like to show a well made image  so that it can be remembered well even after many years later,” revealed his strong determination.

The producer said “CJH is showing 100% of ‘old fashioned detective’ PKH through his big voice and acting.   CJH will portray  a real person, passionate detective.”   

Meanwhile ‘Tunnel’ is an investigate crime story that tracks the serial killings which have lasted for 30 years with the desire to save people.    In 1980s, Park Kwang Ho (Choi Jin Hyuk) who pursued a murderer of serial killings, has a time jump to 30 years later in the tunnel, and, with the elite detective Kim Sun Jae(Yoon Hyun Min) and crime psychology professor Shin Jae Yi (Lee Yoo Young), solves a serial killing case which starts again after 30 years. 

http://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=213&aid=0000950749

9 hours ago, booha said:

CN released  BTS wedding scene of CJH and LSA.  It seems PKH makes a time jump after the wedding and because of her  he tries hard to return to 1980s. The article didn’t say how long after the wedding he jumped to the present.  No mention about his daughter??  

I am surprised about this new information. So, is he a newlywed? :o The news about the daughter it was in the early synospis/ information. He must return to his own time then.  :)

@larus

It was quite unexpected to see a wedding scene.  We knew PKH has a wife but not about his being  newlywed.  Also the article mentioned his courtship which might be fun to watch.  So I’m glad there is a love aspect for PKH besides solving crime.  In this way this character can tug the viewers(especially women)  emotionally.    Yeah lately there haven’t been any words about his daughter, though, according to the earlier news articles, there was a daughter.    But if there is a daughter, it’s possible that the wife finds her pregnancy after PKH made a time jump?  

**CJH and YHM had support  events for the staffs(don’t know whether this happened in the same place or the same day)   CJH brought in a coffee truck and YHM, boxed meals.  I’m glad to see these two were very serious for the drama.  The article for YHM’s said that this meal support  took place 3/7  3AM when the staffs finally had a break after the long hard shooting.   

CJH:“Tunnel, prayer for daebak”

8 minutes ago, booha said:

Yoon Hyun Min (Kim Sun Jae) & Lee Yoo Young( Shin Jae Yi )

I like the picture with Yoon hyun min and Lee Yoo Young posted above. And the wedding picture of the protagonist. I like that there is a personal and professional aspect between the characters in this series. And I can`t wait to see the two detectives at work, two different style and personality. :)

@larus   Thank you for pointing out about YHM& LYY and the wedding of CJH & LSA.  So if there is any possible love line in the drama,  I have to guess it will be from YHM&LYY since it is established that CJH&LSA are a couple in love.   Well I looked at the IG photo of YHM&LYY again, and  I wondered if there was a faint trace of attraction/admiration  from YHM  to LYY??  hehe    Actually I didn’t much expect that this drama would show a lot of a warm fuzzy  love line.   But now there is a glimmer of hope of seeing it.  I hope this trio of CJH&YHM&LYY will have a good chemistry.  :rolleyes:

More pictures of Yoon Hyun Min

http://blog.naver.com/ocnblog/220953003424

dBFgSHr.jpg

M4anpqP.jpg

Spoiler

Kzrax7Z.jpg

dtV1rRr.jpg

UzEwIen.jpg

5mjGV8n.jpg

TtA7rpU.jpg

Spoiler

ZeRcEn6.jpg

K7xutpC.jpg

New teaser  ((Hope  PKH’s wife isn’t killed…))

http://blog.naver.com/ocnblog

The beginning of brutal serial killings!  Where did the fifth victim go?

(001) [one day 1986] 

(003) He goes insane with the urge to kill whenever he sees a woman.

(007) (PKH) (?) It isn’t the same man, right?   (008) Hey don’t talk nonsense 

(009)( PKH)(?) Are saying it wasn’t done by one person?

(010) This crazy man killed a person and then left the marking points on it.

(011)(PKH) There were 6 marking points on the back of the ankle…   (014) Not 5?  (015)(PKH) What?

(015)One is missing   (016) Kwang Ho ssi  Kwang Ho ssi 

(020) (PKH) Yeon Suk ya

(022) (PKH) Where was the fifth body thrown off?   Ya punk   Come over here

(024)(PKH) [And 2017] If it’s 2017 then I must jump  30 years… What are those things in front of me?

Gosh  it doesn’t look promising for Park Kwang Ho and his wife Yeon Suk in this latest teaser.  At the time of translation I was very curious why the news article’s headline said ‘tragic wedding’???

In the teaser she shouts his name   & he calls her name.

Then later it looks like PKH lying down with blood on his face.  (But it is just teaser. Who knows what actually happens  with these two in the drama …  could be tragic or just misleading???…)

In the #2 teaser, in the tunnel PKH appeared to be hit by a man from behind (I screencaped  that scene but it was so dark to see clearly that I had to rewind it many times.  Possible there were two men. One may be used as decoy to bring PKH in the tunnel while another man wait in the darken tunnel …)

today's teaser:

ap89ydz.jpg

Hg1nJkj.jpg

Spoiler

9fnXugF.jpg

w38RvJe.jpg

zCZXNfg.jpg

iAM2Zb5.jpg

from #2 teaser;

PRxp92L.jpg

Spoiler

GVSk35K.jpg