YG Entertainment

Guest back-sue

Thanks JSM. I was thinking about sending an application in a couple of months (or a little while after the SM audition results come out). I hope they take non-koreans. x_X

And do you think they will take people in Canada?

i have no idea about that

sorry

cuz i only know about ppl in US

:)

well teddy and danny got into yg through brosent so yeah.

i think you don't really need to be EXTREMELY good in singing if you have other talents. Like how seungri sucked so bad in singing (in cokebattle) but got chosen because of his choreography skills and all that jazz. I think one must REALLY have charisma. If you don't then you'd have 0 chance to be in YG.

Good Luck to all you auditioning for YG ^^

I love how YG doesn't even NEED pretty boys to be where they are now and they don't abuse their singer (*ahem*) or force them to be intimate with another girl for a photoshoot (*ahem*).

YG FAM OWNS So much versatility during performances.

dude i love you forever hahaha

all u say is true :)

its the basic btw :P

but yea. :P

So I emailed Brothers/Brosent entertainment yesterday and I got an email from them today. Well here's what I asked

"Dear Brothers Entertainment,

I know your main goal is to scout Korean American. However, I was wondering if you are willing to scout non Korean too? Will a non Korean person that speak/know basic knowledge of korean have a chance as well? Thank you for your time and hope to hear from you soon."

And they replied with...

"Hello. Our area of specialty is Korean-Americans. Anyone is welcome to audition, but Korea is a very limited market. Best wishes."

So I guess we people that is non korean might have a chance but it's a very very slim chance. :(

Guest xsnowangelx

^ omgoodness.. :( maybe they juss didnt like my email at all or something.. i had sent them an email too like yesterday or da day be4 dat buh still didn't get any reply from them. Basically I was asking the same thing as you but only that I was specifically stating about myself.

when did you sent yours? n did you get reply da day after? :huh: so basically it was right the day after they replied to you huh? now im upset n :fury:

So I guess we people that is non korean might have a chance but it's a very very slim chance.

not slim chance

cuz Brosent is just like YG

they take talented kids so if ur good enough they would pick you

omgoodness.. maybe they juss didnt like my email at all or something.. i had sent them an email too like yesterday or da day be4 dat buh still didn't get any reply from them. Basically I was asking the same thing as you but only that I was specifically stating about myself.

they're prolly really busy

my oppa told me that :)

Guest Hitorijime

Ok, well I think if you really want to try, then try. They said it's slim, but you still have a chance to get in. And like JSM said, they are probably looking for talented kids to join.

^ omgoodness.. :( maybe they juss didnt like my email at all or something.. i had sent them an email too like yesterday or da day be4 dat buh still didn't get any reply from them. Basically I was asking the same thing as you but only that I was specifically stating about myself.

when did you sent yours? n did you get reply da day after? :huh: so basically it was right the day after they replied to you huh? now im upset n :fury:

yeah I send them the email like around 11pm last night and when I got home from school around 9am today I got their email. I was really surprise cause it was so quick. But I hope it clear everything up for us now. Let work hard and try our best. Slim chance or better than no chance right? :)

Ok, well I think if you really want to try, then try. They said it's slim, but you still have a chance to get in. And like JSM said, they are probably looking for talented kids to join.

they only said Korea is a limited market :P

but doesnt mean the companies dun accept non-korean

as you can see all of them are starting to hold global auditions [but their main point is to look for chinese wth?]

but yea...brosent and yg to me is the same cuz they want talent :)

plus my oppas and un nee told me about brosent too

they said even tho brosent say they are lookin for korean americans but they also take non-koreans and yea other stuff :P

Guest IM TOKKI

I feel like its kind of a given that chances are slim for non koreans. I mean, it's the korean market that they're focusing on and if they can find korean people just as good, they'll def take the korean kids. I'm not trying to sound really negative, i mean i would love it if they took me, but i'm just trying to be realistic. i guess non koreans do have a chance but you better be hecka good and probably look good while you're at it.

And for the nonkoreans, there are other music industries too. Like taiwan's sony. But i'm guessing you guys are more into the korean thing.

I feel like its kind of a given that chances are slim for non koreans. I mean, it's the korean market that they're focusing on and if they can find korean people just as good, they'll def take the korean kids. I'm not trying to sound really negative, i mean i would love it if they took me, but i'm just trying to be realistic. i guess non koreans do have a chance but you better be hecka good and probably look good while you're at it.

And for the nonkoreans, there are other music industries too. Like taiwan's sony. But i'm guessing you guys are more into the korean thing.

YG is my life

i can't go anywhere else

haha

but Be positive

a trainee told me to think positive and things will work out

take advice from a trainee haha

:P

Guest IM TOKKI

^ you're right about not giving up. I haven't the least given up. Well I sort of gave up on sm.

I'm aiming for EEG, Sony, etc. because that would actually be my native tongue and that would be awesome. If only they held auditions =[

Guest Hitorijime

Yeah, they are focusing on the Korean market, but when you think about it, some of the larger, well known Korean companies throughout Asia, all want Chinese people at the current moment. If Bros.Ent can find some really talented non-koreans, then YG, JYP or SM would want to see what they had to offer. Hmmm....

Guest apple-snapple-YUM

haha :sweatingbullets:

i just read everything you guys wrote and talked about~

yeaa everyone is right about Bros Ent...

good positive talk guys!~

good luck!~

Guest 보석미남

^ Good Luck! I think you have THE voice right? Haha. At least you don't have the whiny screechy voice that some girls have. ^_^

I'm exactly like you, just that I can't sing. HAHA.

If I were to be blessed with an awesome voice, I'd audition for YG only.

If I get turned down, I'd cry buckets and then move on with my engineering degree. :D

Good Luck! I think you have THE voice right? Haha. At least you don't have the whiny screechy voice that some girls have.

If I get turned down, I'd cry buckets and then move on with my engineering degree.

:P thnx

are u saying im blessed with a good voice?

i really hope u didnt mean that cuz i suck at singing ... plz :P haha

if i get turned down, i will keep trying...cuz then i know i need to work on my singing more to be succeed

Guest lshluvr

^ Good Luck! I think you have THE voice right? Haha. At least you don't have the whiny screechy voice that some girls have. ^_^

If I get turned down, I'd cry buckets and then move on with my engineering degree. :D

Haha...but that's not really trying to get into YG XD If I auditioned for YG and got turned down, then I would audition for others until I get into a company. Then get their training and leave for YG after awhile :lol: BUT...I'm not planning on sending demos to YG or JYP until I get a decent vocal coach ^_^

Haha...but that's not really trying to get into YG XD If I auditioned for YG and got turned down, then I would audition for others until I get into a company. Then get their training and leave for YG after awhile BUT...I'm not planning on sending demos to YG or JYP until I get a decent vocal coach

my drama teacher is making phone calls to get me a good vocal trainer and a good place for dance lessons :)

she loves me and shes gonna do everything for me

im not sending demo to YG till my "future" vocal trainer say im good to go

but ima try for brosent lolx

Guest apple-snapple-YUM

my drama teacher is making phone calls to get me a good vocal trainer and a good place for dance lessons :)

she loves me and shes gonna do everything for me

im not sending demo to YG till my "future" vocal trainer say im good to go

but ima try for brosent lolx

ah~if you make it to Brosent-then you know you're reallllllllllllly good~

Guest The Legend

All i know is i need to be in YG or i will die

so im trying and doing everything i can to improve :P

I super agree with you JSM! I'm not korean..or asian at that and I seriously wanna get into YG. But also being a singer, I wanna be a rapper too lol but I can't write a rap and I don't have the voice so I need to improve on both. :lol:

I gotta question...how many times can you audition for an entertainment business?

Guest apple-snapple-YUM

I super agree with you JSM! I'm not korean..or asian at that and I seriously wanna get into YG. But also being a singer, I wanna be a rapper too lol but I can't write a rap and I don't have the voice so I need to improve on both. :lol:

I gotta question...how many times can you audition for an entertainment business?

basically however many times you want...but with brosent.....i dont think that many...becuz on their site it even says "if you dont make it, some other company might accept you instead" thats basically what they mean.

but yeah-like other korean entertainments-SM, JYP, DSP, etc-as many...and usually-when judges notice that you keep auditioning-sometimes they accpet you becuz they see you're trying really hard to be accepted. im not saying its always the case-