[SeokMin Spazzland] Ha Seok Jin x Jeon So Min <3 1% of Something's Jae In x Dada

hazelnutthursdays

HAHAHAHA chinguyaaaa @canbeMIA you just outed us as the hardcore shippers lol! :joy: It's fun discussing with you hee! Think I would've gone cray because I'm a noob with shipping. 

Chinguyas! Anyone here good with Photoshop? @naritul has a request to put HSJ in JSM's Eiffel Tower pic. @zae91 is currently busy with RL tasks and subtiming FM. Well, I did it just for laughs but it's a really funny pic because I did it in 10 minutes on my phone and HSJ looks like he's floating. LOL :crazy:

Here's another gif of your fave lovey dovey walk around the neighborhood. 

1481472558_20161124140007.gif

I love this on the way to ice-cream store walk as well. :wub: Lip-biting is really HSJ's thing no? 

1481592562.gif

They look sooo cute here as well. Kiss might've been adlibbed, you think? 

1481680400.jpg

Credit: DC

EDIT:

@tibba I feel the same way. I don't think JSM is more into HSJ than he is into her. What I see is two people being comfy with each other - they tease, say naughty jokes, go out to drink (as said in FM). Truthfully, I like JSM a bit more than HSJ. She's such a cool girl - can act, sing, dance, paint, and seems so laidback and honest. She doesn't even care posting her bare face. I'd love to be her friend. And you pointed it out that she doesn't act like a schoolgirl and get googly-eyed when HSJ is near her,  just normal bubbly JSM. I've seen his previous presscons and can understand why his other costars fawn over him (I'll prolly also lose my composure when I see him; I can't be friends with him!). @minahnoona I'm pretty sure all the face-touching that HSJ did is adlibbed! 100%! I also think the forehead kiss and cheek kiss during Han river date is adlibbed because they said in the FM that there was not so much in the script except act all lovey-dovey. 

@zae91 No pressure but hope you can get JSM's My Ear's Candy subbed ep recorded. 

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/13/2016 at 3:55 PM, hazelnutthursdays said:

Ha Sukjin is such a cheeky, (player!) fellow. Maybe the metaphor is that of the rogue character trope in Regency romance novels (C'mon girls, you know you read those bodice-rippers, too. :D). I seriously get pre-Amal George Clooney vibes from him, like a confirmed bachelor who likes it that way. Jeon Somin is such a great foil for this kind of character. She's cool enough to take it in stride, and not saying that she's letting a bad boy get his way with her, but just smart enough to keep things light and happy. 

I've said it enough but I do really feel tickled at their possibility. :wub:

Haha love the reference to rogue characters in historical romances (rogue always seems to be the choice description, huh? that, or scoundrel), which runs parallel to the Dada-JI love story, and if our inference is right about their characters, would interestingly echo HSJ and JSM as well. Pre-Amal George Clooney certainly seems to be the modern-day equivalent, that man certainly got around, and publicly at that. I agree HSJ does give off a player vibe, but he's not cocky about it—the guy seems so raw around the edges and fairly nonchalant about his attractiveness... which obviously makes him more enticing lol. Let's see if HSJ also ends up being an unmarried silver fox before some lady ends up snagging him at an advanced age hah!

Watched a few of their past interviews, and they both have such a laidback, unpretentious vibe about them that I'd love to hang out with them in real life. They're also so honest in their answers (which we can see in the FM), and there's something so non-vain (as opposed to artistes who pretty it up in front of the camera) about them, which I love.

About the FM, I get the sense that these two are friends, but have the sort of bond that doesn't really go away no matter how long you haven't spoken to each other. You know, like the one friend you haven't seen or spoken to in 10 years and when you meet, it's like you were never apart at all. HSJ especially seems to really admire/respect JSM as an equal, although he speaks in such a blasé tone he actually said some pretty endearing stuff, words that might be lost in translation notwithstanding lol. JSM also doesn't fawn over him (I vaguely remember one or two of his co-stars look at him all googly-eyed lol, which is of course understandable. but still), I mean she acts shy and all but she is just so chill! I read quite a few people saying that she seems more into him than he is into her, and I don't necessarily get that? She just seems naturally excitable haha, and I really really like how down-to-earth she is. No wonder HSJ loves teasing her, it's because he knows she'll take it in her stride and not be affected or I guess not take it the wrong way. 

So yes, like you @hazelnutthursdays I'm tickled by the possibilities that could be, given the right circumstances :phew:

Edit: @jellybellymonster Aww those are my favourite scenes :wub: @minahnoona those pecks were definitely ad-libbed, along with all those times he touched her face—after the sofa kiss, the poking the side of her mouth after her cheek kiss during the Han river date. Actually come to think of it, I think his forehead kiss during the Han river date could be ad-libbed as well.

1 hour ago, canbeMIA said:

I don't know with all of you, but the translation of the FM makes me sincerely happy for many reasons. @jellybellymonster and I have actually analyzed and talked about their answers. We like reading between the lines and ALONG the lines y'know...LOLLLL. Their answers were so sincere and honest esp.HSJ's. I'd love to share more about what I "get" about them from the FM, but maybe I'll post it another time. :)

Ooooh was wondering when we'd hear from you! Do share your analysis please ^^ I'm very curious! Tho I like to be cautious to protect my fragile heart ㅋㅋ I'd be just as delirious if they become OTP in real. 

@jellybellymonster thanks for the lovely gifs.  I can stare at them for a long while! All my favourite moments too :wub: I especially loved when he hooked his arm around her neck and she was holding on to him while walking - they looked so cute! Wish they had maintained that position longer! 

I definitely think that peck when they were watching the wedding video as well as the peck when she ran back to hug him before leaving for the fundraiser were adlibs. She has the same expression on her face both times ㅋㅋㅋ smiling with her eyes closed while receiving the incoming peck but not actively kissing herself. I just get the impression it wasn't a scripted kiss lol. HSJ was really immersing himself in JI ㅋㅋ. 

Shall we try to identify all the adlib kisses and skinship from  the drama? ^^ 

Hello, ladies! 

Just a quick fly-by to say that @zishuang would like to say thank you very much to everyone for the shout-outs. I promised that I would do that next time I get to post and I believe promises should be kept. :) So here.

@tibba - I really have no more graceful way to say "My thoughts exactly," so let's leave it at that. <3

@canbeMIA - I think you can imagine how many OMGs and how much I was twisting myself into a pretzel at the words while translating. And that's not only because I was spectacularly challenged by very unfamiliar simplified Chinese, but also because #feels

If there's one thing that I take away from Ha Sukjin's statement about his ad-lib naughtiness, it's that I would normally think of it as a douchey kind of guy who would use the chance to put one up on her; and it  still does appear that way somewhat, but what wins me over in his favor--or at least makes it not-dirty to me is that he is forthcoming about it, that he admits to it, and can properly rationalize that while those actions are (at least in part) instinctive, he didn't mean for them to be a means to take advantage of his (very beautiful, very single) leading lady. It's produced the impression that he trusts her, as an actor, as a colleague, that she will not leave him in the air. That is a reflection of esteem and comfort, like partners in a dance, falling in step together, to create something authentic and heart-fluttering. And that, I think, is the best compliment to the loveliness that is Jeon Somin. 

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh this is beautiful chinguya @hazelnutthursdays

"That is a reflection of esteem and comfort, like partners in a dance, falling in step together, to create something authentic and heart-fluttering ."

:heart::heart::heart:

The amount of comfort and trust they have for each other is something that we don't normally and usually see nor notice in many on-screen partners, and that makes these two PERFECT AND BEAUTIFUL. 

It's been a while since I've been on here, besides after making my novel purchase. I miss spazzland soo much!! and HSJ and JSM :bawling:

Those two need to reunited again and give us something better than 1%. Lol. 

@minahnoona thank you for updating us with their instagram. Love the short video of HSJ. I saw his workout video on instagram, man! he's working out like crazy.

Also was it only me or in the drama, HSJ didn't know how to skate and it was JSM who did, but she had to play the part that she couldn't skate and he taught her. Lol!. I remember seeing it on one of the BTS videos that JSM was skating and having fun, while HSJ had to learn how to skate instead. ???:confused:

More cuteness from drama poster shoot:

1481725230.gif

LOL HSJ! :joy:

1481729162.gif

Those smiles! :love: 

Credit: DC

---------------

@turtle0217 That's how it also looked to me. JSM knew how to skate and HSJ was sooo exhausted hehe. In the drama they both didn't know how to skate? Or was JI just teasing DaDa? She surely pulled one over him when she told him that he's probably gonna break some bones because he is old. LOL!

@gladys57 They look so cute, right? Yep, these were shot after filming the drama. As for JSM birthday, it's April 7, 1986.

@minahnoona Hmm. I don't remember any tender face touching in DS before. My gut tells me that HSJ poured every romantic instinct he has in JI. Heeee. I can't think of any reason why they edited out the birthday kiss at the store.  When they left it as sort of a cliffhanger when JI asked for a kiss, I remember saying come on what happened next?! Then next scene DaDa gave him a peck which had JI swooning  and I was already cool with that. But the edited out kiss achieved maximum effect for me when they revealead it in the last ep flashback because I was squealing for hours! The editors surely know how to make us go :wub::wub::wub:

15 hours ago, jellybellymonster said:

@tibba  I feel the same way. I don't think JSM is more into HSJ than he is into her. What I see is two people being comfy with each other - they tease, say naughty jokes, go out to drink (as said in FM). Truthfully, I like JSM a bit more than HSJ. She's such a cool girl - can act, sing, dance, paint, and seems so laidback and honest. She doesn't even care posting her bare face. I'd love to be her friend. And you pointed it out that she doesn't act like a schoolgirl and get googly-eyed when HSJ is near her,  just normal bubbly JSM. I've seen his previous presscons and can understand why his other costars fawn over him (I'll prolly also lose my composure when I see him; I can't be friends with him!). @minahnoona I'm pretty sure all the face-touching that HSJ did is adlibbed! 100%! I also think the forehead kiss and cheek kiss during Han river date is adlibbed because they said in the FM that there was not so much in the script except act all lovey-dovey. 

@zae91 No pressure but hope you can get JSM's My Ear's Candy subbed ep recorded. 

14 hours ago, tibba said:

HSJ especially seems to really admire/respect JSM as an equal, although he speaks in such a blasé tone he actually said some pretty endearing stuff, words that might be lost in translation notwithstanding lol. JSM also doesn't fawn over him (I vaguely remember one or two of his co-stars look at him all googly-eyed lol, which is of course understandable. but still), I mean she acts shy and all but she is just so chill! I read quite a few people saying that she seems more into him than he is into her, and I don't necessarily get that? She just seems naturally excitable haha, and I really really like how down-to-earth she is. No wonder HSJ loves teasing her, it's because he knows she'll take it in her stride and not be affected or I guess not take it the wrong way. 

So yes, like you @hazelnutthursdays I'm tickled by the possibilities that could be, given the right circumstances :phew:

Edit: @jellybellymonster Aww those are my favourite scenes :wub: @minahnoona those pecks were definitely ad-libbed, along with all those times he touched her face—after the sofa kiss, the poking the side of her mouth after her cheek kiss during the Han river date. Actually come to think of it, I think his forehead kiss during the Han river date could be ad-libbed as well

JSM is close to HSJ in age, at 30 I think she's mature enough to hold her own when dealing with HSJ, smexy man that he is hehe. Were the other googly-eyed co-stars much younger than HSJ?  I think age is partly it, anyhow, as well as JSM's own personality and comfort around HSJ ^^.

The Director must have thought these 2 were a dream come true - professionals who were not only good at their job but were able to breath life into their onscreen romance and even going beyond the script to tell the story that needed to be told.

As far as HSJ's ad-libbing goes, there's a professional basis behind it - it suits the character, and whatever he does is within the context of the drama. And from what we could see in the drama, his ad libs were fairly innocent - pecks and face touching, which are sweet gestures of affection rather than sexy/lusty adlibs. And even then, he probably wouldn't have done those if his partner was another actress with whom there's no mutual trust. So there was mutual trust between him and JSM - on his side that she was mature enough not to take it the wrong way and skilled enough as an actor to respond, on her side that he is doing the adlibs within the context of the story and won't take it beyond what is appropriate.

In their answer to the memorable kiss scenes, it amuses me that HSJ also referenced the ending hotel kiss scene and how he got busted for kissing too passionately for the ending scene hehe. Probably one of their few NG kiss scenes, with JSM being surprised in the bts we saw and HSJ embarrassed lol. This kiss was scripted I think but ended up being too passionate due to him falling back on his habitual kissing style hehe. And since that was the 8th day, I guess they were still awkward at that point - hence them practicing their positions in the bts. Isn't it cute though that HSJ still remembers it and talked about it at the FM?  

In fact we can see from the bts that they used the toned down version of some of the kiss scenes. Likely what it is is that the director gets them to film a few takes of varying intensity/positions. Imagine how much film there is of them kissing :wub:

EDITED to add:

Probably any kissing ad libs were initiated by HSJ, not too sure if JSM would initiate any ad lib kissing. Her adlibs were probably of the skinship variety. Based on what HSJ said at the FM, it does seem that the face touching was adlibbed as well - anyone familiar with HSJ's other roles can tell us if he does this too in his other dramas? Or maybe in his other dramas, his characters weren't as romantic as JI heh. I have to say that the face caresses were as squee inducing as the actual kisses :wub:

Any thoughts on why the birthday kiss was edited out in the run of the episode and only shown at the end of the series as part of a kiss compilation? (Edit: it was probably scripted since there's dialogue of him asking for a kiss. I guess the producers decided it was too hot and wanted to emphasise instead on Dada initiating a peck at the end of the birthday date?) 

As for the skating scene, I'll have to re-watch, but what I remember most was his sweat-soaked shirt (as HSJ mentioned at the FM hehe) and thinking how uncomfortable it must be for both of them.

May I know if the PHOTO SHOOTS were done after the filming ended or before? They sure look so comfortable with each other and HSJ looks super boyish!:heart:

Can anyone tell me the actual birthdate of Jeon So Min as I want to find out her Chinese/ Korean horoscope. Thanks in advance.:blush:

15 hours ago, gladys57 said:

May I know if the PHOTO SHOOTS were done after the filming ended or before? They sure look so comfortable with each other and HSJ looks super boyish!:heart:

Can anyone tell me the actual birthdate of Jeon So Min as I want to find out her Chinese/ Korean horoscope. Thanks in advance.:blush:

Hello, @gladys57 - I'm not sure as I'm new to Jeon Somin, but if her online profiles are correct, her birthdate is the 7th of April, 1986.

The photo shoots for the poster make them look young and playful, and totally capture the light feel of the drama. I really hope there are more high quality stills for them released, specially of those moments @jellybellymonster shared above because I want to use them on my phone screens. LOL. :)

HSJ's struggle was real!!!!! Hahahaha wonder why, JSM only weighs 46 kg according to her BIO. Haha maybe she gained weight because she is not so thin now compared to the past few years.:w00t:

CzxRm-iUQAAGTgQ.jpg

posting this again because it is in HD. Haha one of my favorite BTS photos that will forever be a mystery.:blink:

Sooooo cute.. Grrrrr!! Look at HSJ's right hand, it's in the middle of her thighs...:wub: and I love how he carries her, she looks so weightless. 

CzxRl0wVEAA9zZx.jpg

some BTS which I think are shown already, maybe? :) credit to our fave twitter account

Spoiler

CzxTrFiUoAAxOqa.jpgCzxTvbsUsAAVJLQ.jpgCzxTv-pUUAEZ1mu.jpgCzxRkfwUQAASxk8.jpgCzxRoHJUkAA08YQ.jpg

chinguyaaa @hazelnutthursdays I think there were HD pictures of the photoshoot posted on the drama thread. :)

unnieee @gladys57 I'd love to know what her chinese/korean horoscope too. ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

BTW, Dramabeans is having its year-end review again. I love the comments they have  for the drama, and to our OTP, esp. Javabeans's. Go, pass by if you have time.. hehehe..... and don't forget to vote too.:w00t:

@canbeMIA, I've found JSM's Korean/Chinese horoscope. She's a tigress and HSJ is a dog! Compatible or not, I'm not sure.

Nobody has told me whether the PHOTO SHOOT were done before or after the filming. My guess must be after the filming as they've built such a strong rapport. As such they were openingly FLIRTING AWAY! LOL! 

I've been reading every article pertaining to our 1% drama on Dramabeans. I have been voting too!:heart:

15 hours ago, gladys57 said:

@canbeMIA, I've found JSM's Korean/Chinese horoscope. She's a tigress and HSJ is a dog! Compatible or not, I'm not sure.

Nobody has told me whether the PHOTO SHOOT were done before or after the filming. My guess must be after the filming as they've built such a strong rapport. As such they were opening FLIRTING AWAY! LOL! 

I've been reading every article pertaining to our 1% drama on Dramabeans. I have been voting too!:heart:

Hahahhaha aha! a tigress.. I thought a wolf, like what Jae In called her. :w00t: 

ohhhhh @jellybellymonster answered on the previous page unnie, hehehe they did the photoshoot after the shooting. The Photoshoot has many cute moments, if only it has subs... *sighhhhhh*

Yay!!! they are still leading in the Underrated drama category and it is also amazing that they have higher votes in other categories even if they are not leading. :)

BTW, one percent of something is still part of the Top10 dramas in Dramafever. It is in top 4 and the positive comments are increasing except for 2 who I think have issues in the world. LOL :)

https://www.dramafever.com/news/weekly-top-10-asian-dramas---december-12-2016/

@hazelnutthursdays Here's the link for the HD pics from the drama poster shoot: 

http://m.blog.naver.com/godinmedia/220865583198

http://m.post.naver.com/viewer/postView.nhn?volumeNo=5544548&memberNo=9402119

@canbeMIA shared the HD pics but here's the link as well. 
http://m.blog.naver.com/godinmedia/220887387710

And here's a vid from the FM. I wish I knew what they are saying:

http://naver.me/5k8Mk2Jf

Wah! They have phone themes! *downloads*

@jellybellymonster and @canbeMIA for the pictures! 

I feel like I am slowly falling out and away from spazzland. Unlike everyone else who gets a winter break, I'm on a six week class all the time, therefore, ever six weeks I have a new class/course. So I am only getting the week from Christmas to New Years off. I am cramming papers, quizzes, and team papers. :bawling:

All that I am looking forward to is my novel and PB coming in, but I got an email notification it's not getting sent out until Dec 22. :confused: *sigh* the wait.. :frown:

Chinguuu I'm sorry for taking long time to make the subtitle _/|\_ :cold_sweat:

The videos links is on the Drama thread, just check that's out :) 

I find the long interview with JSM this past Oct if I'm not mistaken. She talked about 1% Drama and also about her favorite Drama that time, that is Jealousy Incarnate hehe. The GT quite good to translate it, and JSM eonni really beautiful there. I will post about it maybe in Thursday or Friday after my Wednesday end hehe, then I will take a short holiday after that. 

Ah ya @canbeMIA @jellybellymonster, My Ear's Candy in my country still airing in Ep.8, maybe for the next two weeks, the show will be on Ep.10, yeayyyy... maybe I'll try to make the Eng subtitle based on that :) 

I will read the rest of the postings in this thread after I finished my works this Wednesday, bye bye everyone and see you later:wub:

Archived