[Drama 2016-2017] First Love Again 다시, 첫사랑 Thanks for Watch.

0ly40

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, USAFarmgirl said:

Today's episode gave me hope that just maybe the detective isn't as creepy as I thought just the fact that he didn't kill the boy years ago makes me believe there is hope.  I also wonder what happened to him living with his adopted family?  What were they like and why isn't he talking? 

I am sick over HJ's Mom and why now that her daughter is fighting so hard to put her life and memories in order she continues to hold back the truth.  I don't believe she had anything to do with the child being taken but I do think she is  still in the wrong for allowing HJ to believe a lie when the truth is what she needs.  Not to mention is she so selfish that she has no concern about her grandsons life or well being.  Even if he was taken and she didn't know where wouldn't her first thought be to find him now that HJ knows most of her memories and as a family work towards bringing him home.  That's what a real Mom would do..

You are right here,  I feel sad about HJ/DY's son how he grew up all this while running from place to place . The detective must be one a complete moron after 8 year is he finally realizing MH's evil schemes and holding the boy for insurance? And you are right again that HJ's mom isn't blameless in this matter. If she had given the boy for adoption she should at least know how the boy has been doing after all he is her blood. 

What was MH scheming with her mom when Ms Kim mentioned to DY about having another child? Is MH trying to get DY to bed her? haha i can't wait to see how that will work out. The way DY was watching HJ on TV i don't think that will happen anytime soon. More frustration for MH? thank god. 

In the teaser for ep38 HJ was looking at a pix of DY and HR in a mag and notice the date on it. I don't know korean, but i assume HJ is connecting the dotts regarding HR birth date. 

12 hours ago, USAFarmgirl said:

Today's episode gave me hope that just maybe the detective isn't as creepy as I thought just the fact that he didn't kill the boy years ago makes me believe there is hope.  I also wonder what happened to him living with his adopted family?  What were they like and why isn't he talking? 

I am sick over HJ's Mom and why now that her daughter is fighting so hard to put her life and memories in order she continues to hold back the truth.  I don't believe she had anything to do with the child being taken but I do think she is  still in the wrong for allowing HJ to believe a lie when the truth is what she needs.  Not to mention is she so selfish that she has no concern about her grandsons life or well being.  Even if he was taken and she didn't know where wouldn't her first thought be to find him now that HJ knows most of her memories and as a family work towards bringing him home.  That's what a real Mom would do...

I also am thankful to JW for having a man tail the detective as it makes me feel as if the boy is a bit safer.  I did wonder if somehow the paid husband would go to MH and tell her where he was and let it slip that his son is  with him.  She is going to find out about that boy and want to get rid of him most likely not trusting anyone else to do the job since it didn't work the first time but deciding to do it herself...

I was most proud of HJ today and thought it was a smart move while on TV cooking sharing a part of her heart knowing that most likely he was watching and going a bit farther and telling the world she loved someone and that her recipe was founded because of that love she wanted to give her family something they all could eat and enjoy together.  WAKE UP DY do those memories and flashback sound like a woman who would kill your child? Even now look at her does that face and heart felt warmth look like someone who could ever even think of something like that?  

Looks as if DY's mother-in-law wants more grandchildren and so does MH just one more way of controlling him chaining him to her makes me ill and:angry:  I don't know what tomorrow will bring but I hope DY finds his brain cells and doesn't move to quickly to the dark side for his sake....  And mine...

Yes @USAFarmgirl  There's some light in HJ dark tunnel and hoping the child reunite with his mom.. MH trying to chain DY to her using another child isn't going to work because he's going to get wind of HJ is looking for her child that was stolen from her.. DY is going to wonder what in the hell happen to her and what went on back then.. I think the PI man took the child at MH request but didn't kill the child like she wanted but sent him away with some other family..I don't know if another child was born around the same time HJ gave birth and may have died and the PI switch children but it's more to how him and MH got there hands on the child..

Jw is going to be HJ saving grace but he will also hold the child in his care for his sake.. He got some paying back to give MH mother and once DY learns she carries the face of the woman he despise the more he's going to shut her out..The PI has lost his insurance and all parties will be looking for this child.. MH will never guess JW has the child..    

Love the way HJ is fighting back! Now if she could only remember the most important part that child is still alive!  This will be her strongest weapon against MH. MH is now working overtime to locate the Detective. She finally talks to him but doesn't like what he has to say. Detective wants to tell DY about his son. Son runs away and looks like from the preview JW rescues him.

I believe that the child was adopted by a very abusive family that treated him very badly, thus causing his inability to speak. He was so traumatized that the only way he could protect himself was to remain silent. If and when he is reunited with HJ and DY,  he will require psychological help, and lots of love and understanding to overcome this emotional scar!! Just hope no harm comes to him before he is reunited with his parents.

5 hours ago, imgreatgal said:

What was MH scheming with her mom when Ms Kim mentioned to DY about having another child? Is MH trying to get DY to bed her? haha i can't wait to see how that will work out. The way DY was watching HJ on TV i don't think that will happen anytime soon. More frustration for MH? thank god. 

In the teaser for ep38 HJ was looking at a pix of DY and HR in a mag and notice the date on it. I don't know korean, but i assume HJ is connecting the dotts regarding HR birth date. 

So, the scene with MH's mother asks about having another child, and DY doesn't want to talk about it. MH defends DY in order to show him that she's on his side, not her mother's. MH had planned that scene though with her mother's help to convince DY that MH is on his side and so that DY will warm up more to MH. MH's mother commented that after all that acting, it had better have a good effect, meaning that MH will be able to completely control DY and also have another child with him. MH's mother is still under the impression that HR is DY's birth daughter since MH originally lied to her about that. 

In the preview when HJ is looking at DY and HR's magazine, it may have mentioned HR's birth details, though I couldn't make it out clearly. If they had provided the month and year of HR's birth, HJ would have been able to figure out that HR couldn't be DY's child since HJ knew that DY was faithful to her until HJ pushed him away.  So, yes, I agree with you that HJ is connecting the dots regarding HR's birth date, and not being DY's child. 

1 hour ago, Mailelei said:

Just hope no harm comes to him before he is reunited with his parents.

I'm also anxious that HJ's son get to somewhere safe, and thought that in the preview, JW finds him. Even though JW may hold onto him for his own purposes, at least JW won't mistreat him. For whatever reason, the boy seems as if he's had a hard and scarred life. For that alone, MH, her mother, DY's mother, and HJ's mother all need to be brought down.

I haven't watched the latest episode - the last one I saw was the young boy cowering at the sight of a stranger.  Maybe it's true the boy was adopted by abused people but who - and why does the detective know where to find him?

so - wanting another child?  Seems like DY and MH haven't laid on the marital bed as of yet. 

JW might really become HJ and her son's savior - now that JW seemed to have put the pieces of the puzzle together, as far as HJ and DY are concerned.  When is he going to make his suspicion about HR go in full swing?

I am so much happier with this current HJ who is braver and more confident although it is still frustrating that she has not fully recovered her memory. At least we witnessed one scene of HJ out-smarting MH when she predicted correctly that MH would approach her family hospital for her (HJ) medical records and caught her in the act! 

I am now wondering about HJ's mother's part in the death/adoption of her son. From what she said in episode 37 when HJ asked about her baby, she secretly muttered to herself that what good would it do to talk about a dead child. So perhaps, she too was fooled into believing that her grandchild was dead. 

After watching today's episode, I still think that HJ should not stir up DY's feelings again without knowing what happened to their baby. She can just meet him and sincerely apologize to him period. Eventhough HJ knew HR is not DY's daughter but she should remind herself that DY is already married. Just like what MH told her in the preview, currently HJ is 3rd party in the relationship. I hope after seeing how DY is attached to HR, she should just let go of her feelings for DY for the time being. 

Looks like HJ finally meets her son without knowing who he is. Since he is abandoned by PI Jang, I hope she gets to keep him and slowly rehabilitate him through care and love. It seems the son has a lot of emotional scars. 

So, according to episode 38, HJ's mom thinks that HJ lost the baby somewhere immediately after giving birth. Then HJ had her accident that put her in the hospital and caused her to lose her memories. I guess HJ's mother didn't try to find the baby, assuming that the baby had been taken by someone or had died. Her concern was for her daughter HJ rather than the grandchild that she had never met. That still seems so cold to me, however, I guess from HJ's mother's perspective, what could she have done to search for the baby with no money, no resources, and no information. Then when HJ lost her memories, she just decided to go with that. I still think HJ"s mother is a bit of a twit, and MH knowing so much information about HJ should have sent red flags to HJ's mother to stop talking to her and go tell HJ, not give MH more information, pleading with her to keep it from HJ. *sigh*

I just feel so badly for HJ's son. As @rikimaiu says, he seems to have a lot of emotional scars. Also, is it that he refuses to talk or that he can't talk? I assume that his refusal to talk is a self-protection mechanism of some kind. I would like him to reunite with HJ sooner rather than later so that he can receive the love that he needs from his mother, at least, even if it takes him awhile to come to know his father.

I should say that I do like that recovering amnesiac HJ is a lot smarter than amnesiac HJ or even the young HJ who allowed herself to be threatened into noble sacrifice territory. In addition to figuring out that MH would follow her to the hospital in episode 37, HJ remembered running into MH at the hospital when they were both pregnant, and deduced that HR is not DY's child. Not to mention arranging for a guest appearance on the cooking program. Though it'll be interesting to see how much actual power MH has, and whether she can keep HJ off the air and shunned.

As for HJ wanting to see DY again, I have some sympathy for your point of view @rikimaiu that HJ shouldn't go stir DY up when he's a married man, however, I also think that from HJ's perspective, gaining back her memories put her right back emotionally to that time when she and DY were so in love that they couldn't live with each other. I can understand her desire to see him overwhelming her reasoning that it's better to wait to see DY until she got all of her memory back as she tells DY. They didn't separate because they didn't love each other. Though, MH's words that both HJ and DY made their own choices is right on. HJ did the noble sacrifice thing. DY decided on revenge. However, this wasn't done in a vacuum. There was immense pressure on both of them, and that pressure was engineered primarily by MH, leveraging some shenanigans from her mother, and with the cooperation of DY's mother. I realize that HJ doesn't know any of this, but she senses that things went really wrong. Also, HJ's instinct to go to DY even overcame her noble idiocy. She was trying to get to DY after having "lost" her baby, so that he could help find the baby, when she had her accident. 

I suppose my knowledge as a viewer taints my perspective. If DY and MH had managed to establish a good marriage for themselves, then I would probably be less sympathetic to HJ's desire to see DY given that DY has moved on. However, DY is also frozen emotionally at that time when he couldn't live without HJ. And, HJ is now in the same state. And, while I feel sorry for HR who has bonded with DY, she does have a father who would love her to death if not for the duplicity of her mother in denying her that father. 

Also, not sure how I feel about SY and TJ's romance. I guess I usually don't pay it much mind. However, today's snippet was actually on point. SY in rejecting TJ's suit, tells him that it's not because she doesn't like him that she's rejecting him, it's that she doesn't have the time for romance right now. That one needs money to go on dates, and time to be dating, but she has neither. Perhaps this will help TJ become a little bit more thoughtful of other's people living situations since not everyone can afford the parasitic lifestyle that he still seems to be enthralled with. 

I don't think Jw has put two and two together, By they having this child in they care this long and being that his father is a PI and giving his skills still hasn't shown up to claim the boy this should set off alarm bells for Jw that something is off.. How long would it takes Jw to put it together that the child isn't the PI's but it still won't connect the child to being HJ son unless something triggers in him to do a DNA test on DY.. And thats fishing for a long shot.. I'm curious to see how the writer connect the dots on this one because far as Jw knows is that HJ baby is supposed to be dead..    

Related imageth?id=OIP.M264d673b0e41bfd6166b7e4095142th?id=OIP.Mb2769f2f4f6607d835e1c29fa449f

I may be out of line and alone in my thoughts but I had to stop watching this latest episode out of pure anger towards HJ's MOM I just wish she would stop trying to control everything around her daughter.  Surly she knows that HJ is trying so hard to get her life back and yet she is no better than the enemies around HJ.  Keeping important information from her and now meeting behind her back with DY instead of allowing her daughter to handle things with him alone.  It feels like she is on the dark side working against the very person she is suppose to love!!!  I would rather have a Mom who could feel my pain and was truthful with me no matter what and had faith in me to able to decide things about my life for myself.  WOW I still really don't get her???

I also am thankful that JW has their son and I hope he keeps him safe and away from MH and her family and hired hands.

I do love HJ's new style and look and hair she slowly is changing her pastel coats are so pretty on  her and I think seeing her SMILE while on that television show was long over due!!!  She really looked beautiful to me.

Just got done watching and I have to say my flame of anger was quickly put out by the beauty of those very last moments between DY & HJ.  It's this moment that I feel as if I have waited for forever, thought about, even hoped for and although we still don't know the full reaction or what DY will do or say.  My heart felt as if it were running with her every bounce of her hair even her leap as she wrapped herself around him encircling him with her love and her arms. Clasping him tightly with her hands and grasping onto him as if for dear life.  Molding herself against his back feeling the warmth of his body next to hers as if they were one.   Softly telling him the words from within  she had longed to say while tears filled her eyes and slowly ran down her face.  You could see it in her eyes you could almost feel their embrace.  She laid her heart before him and honesty filled her words it was as if she had nothing to lose, no fear when she had already experienced the pain of losing everything.  She couldn't hold back, she couldn't control her heart and she couldn't wait one second longer she need to see him.  She needed to say it before her heart burst from wanting too and she needed him to hear and to understand she was sorry, so very sorry that she had forgotten him & them and the love they shared. Yet right now in this moment she remembers and needed him to know that she and her heart missed him so....

Read everyone's posts here, great points @stroppyse  @rikimaiu and @USAFarmgirl

haha enjoying seeing HJ vs MH. So now HJ and MH holds a card against each other. HJ knows HR birth secret while MH threatens HJ with her mom's transplant. How will HJ use this card knowing now that it is useless with DY? When i saw MH running home to take HR, i just know that she will use her to stop HJ. Knowing DY's love for HR, HJ will not come between them this is how MH knows HJ's weakness. HJ needs to be a lot smarter when dealing with MH. 

3 hours ago, stroppyse said:

So, according to episode 38, HJ's mom thinks that HJ lost the baby somewhere immediately after giving birth. Then HJ had her accident that put her in the hospital and caused her to lose her memories. I guess HJ's mother didn't try to find the baby, assuming that the baby had been taken by someone or had died. Her concern was for her daughter HJ rather than the grandchild that she had never met. That still seems so cold to me, however, I guess from HJ's mother's perspective, what could she have done to search for the baby with no money, no resources, and no information. Then when HJ lost her memories, she just decided to go with that. I still think HJ"s mother is a bit of a twit, and MH knowing so much information about HJ should have sent red flags to HJ's mother to stop talking to her and go tell HJ, not give MH more information, pleading with her to keep it from HJ. *sigh*

This part is still confusing and unclear. Some of us including me were thinking HJ's mom gave the baby up for adoption. It could be true that a stillborn baby was switched with HJ's and her mom thought that the HJ's baby died. HJ's baby was alive and taken away by MH's minion.This explains the flashback scene where HJ was searching for her baby and runs into MH and later fell hitting her head. I guess this memory is too painful for HJ to try and remember. Even her mom had told MH that remembering the lost of her baby will destroy HJ. 

@USAFarmgirl I just loved your analysis of the scene between HJ and DY! Wasn't that so Precious and Awesome!! The song was also PERFECT!!! It made the connection between HJ and DY more meaningful, that these two are meant for each other and no one, ABSOLUTELY NO ONE CAN TEAR THEM APART! It also touched my heart and I cried with her! I truly hope that DY doesn't reject her!

I'm glad that she made the move to embrace DY because this is telling DY that HJ has never stopped loving him! I hope her embrace will shake him up and make him realize that their love for each other is still very strong and somehow no matter what the obstacles are they can still be together!!

13 minutes ago, Mailelei said:

@USAFarmgirl I just loved your analysis of the scene between HJ and DY! Wasn't that so Precious and Awesome!! The song was also PERFECT!!! It made the connection between HJ and DY more meaningful, that these two are meant for each other and no one, ABSOLUTELY NO ONE CAN TEAR THEM APART! It also touched my heart and I cried with her! I truly hope that DY doesn't reject her!

I'm glad that she made the move to embrace DY because this is telling DY that HJ has never stopped loving him! I hope her embrace will shake him up and make him realize that their love for each other is still very strong and somehow no matter what the obstacles are they can still be together!!

@Mailelei....... Chingu I have to agree with you. Their love is so strong to have survived so long and still be same as it was Eight years ago. That is why this drama is called "FIRST LOVE AGAIN". I believe this drama is about love and finding that precious love can overcome anything because it was such a pure love and healing the heart that needed to be mended. I really loved their scene together and DY's expression and how he felt was so raw that it gives me so much hope tha they are the end game in the end. I can't wait to see when they finally start to trust each and believe in each other like they should have done in the beginning.

I too felt that DY and HJ should have trusted each other more but then the drama would never have been 120 episodes. I think they both were still not completely honest with each other. They both never truly understood that their status were an issue for them. They were naive but now they see how the world truly is and their eyes are truly open. Even now they have a long way to go before. They are completely in sync with each other. 

I feel just as frustrated as the rest for how dumb DY has been since HJ has reappeared in DY but I accept it because their love is meant to be and so perfect. I think this is a journey that HJ and DY need to go through so they can finally be together. It is a way for both to finally understand what they truly mean to each other. 

1 hour ago, Mailelei said:

I think that embrace from HJ made DY realize his mistake - now he can feel HJ - he will now begin to realize he shouldn't have tortured HJ for not remembering him and their love. 

As far as JW is concerned, I don't think he will develop special feelings for HJ at all.  JW's main focus is revenge against MH's mom regarding the death of his father.  And of course, this revenge will go further once he finds out Hyeri is his daughter.  He would probably be the biggest help in the reunion of HJ, DY and their son. 

16 hours ago, stroppyse said:

MH's words that both HJ and DY made their own choices is right on. HJ did the noble sacrifice thing. DY decided on revenge. However, this wasn't done in a vacuum. There was immense pressure on both of them, and that pressure was engineered primarily by MH,

I had been watching Oh my Geumbi which had a lot of sad episodes so I could not bear to watch another sad one, not dying but still with many  heartbreaks. 

I am glad though I missed the 'noble sacrifice'  which I presume to be HJ breaking up in exchange for the kidney. 

If it was, I would have called it a misguided step,  lacking in faith in her love of 10 years. I thought in the earlier episode, MH had threatened her with falsified documents to put DY away. That would be utterly stupid of her to buy such a threat. A good lawyer would put the benefit of a doubt easily. But I am glad to have missed those angst filled episodes. Yes, HJ's mother is annoying. She reminds me of a character that causes chaos and grief to people around her because of her good intentions or so she thinks her intentions are good. Of course, without the noble sacrifice, there would not be this drama.

I read in another thread also about HJ being the third party in a marriage. Not in this so called marriage to my mind. It is a business contract between two people and more importantly, a contract that was based on fraud and manipulations by one party, MH.

HJ must fight for her man and help JW get his rightful inheritance back. Unfortunately, he refers to it as revenge. I hope at the end MH and her family and DY's parent will get their comeuppance. Dare I hope that we will not get a kumbaya ending?

Archived