[Drama 2016-2017] First Love Again 다시, 첫사랑 Thanks for Watch.

0ly40

Today's episode wasn't as good for me. There was things happening, and HJ was being her feisty self, but just a bunch of annoying things. A few things that struck me.

I really detest HJ's mother now. Having her mouth her mean, spiteful words at HJ and her son while he's hearing is just too much. When she finds out that this is her grandson, I know that she'll be sorry for how meanly she's treating him right now. Then again, she lacks such awareness of her own self and her own impact on others. I was glad that the older gentleman called her as she was to her face of living off her daughter's back. Then again, why doesn't HJ tell her mother that MH is the one who has been harassing them or at least that MH is a person that HJ dislikes? Otherwise, with the way HJ's mother is, she's going to go around consorting with MH, and probably accepting MH's "gift" behind HJ's back, thinking that MH is HJ's friend and HJ is being unreasonable and not sharing the largesse. *sigh*

So, when the does wife of the president of a company get to call a meeting of the directors? Corporations in South Korea must all be run like mom and pop shops if this is the way it actually is.  I'm blaming the writers for lazy writing.

How stupid is DY really? I actually cheered his father on this one when at hearing about the meeting of the directors that MH called to organize a meeting to fire the chairman, DY's father called DY either an idiot for not knowing what his wife was doing with his company behind his back or a traitor. And, when MH argued that DY would be displacing his father for his own sake, as well as the sake of DY's mother, HR, and their child to be? I guess it worked since in the preview, it looks as if DY does attend the meeting to fire the chairman to become the new chairman. Not sure it's weakness or stupidity exactly, but he is easily manipulated by MH. When will they actually make this guy think and put some clues together? It's only because it's a drama that he's the president of anything. With his cluelessness, not to mention his father's shortsightedness, their company should have gone under a long time ago, even with corrupt contracts as South Korea apparently is rife with. 

At least, they found a reason for HJ's son to live with HJ for the time being. I hope she finds out soon somehow that he's her son, so that he's not taken away from her.

And, MH is one cold blooded person if she views HR as a weakness to use again DY, and the reason she wants DY's card is in case HR isn't a strong enough card and his own flesh and blood child could be used as a bigger weakness. Whew. 

The preview for tomorrow's episode looked better. I can't believe that MH invited HJ to witness DY's rendezvous with her at the hotel. WTF? However, it looks as if DY may have turned her down from MH's rage in the hotel room. Also, the vote to depose the chairman failed since JW voted for the current chairman, and now DY's position in the company may be under threat from the failed attempt to depose the old chairman. And, DY goes after HJ again, but this time, she rejects him since she's accepted that he's changed. No video, but here is a translation of the preview. 

MH's Mother: Anyway, today, J's leader should be in attendance. I'll be able to view his face for once. 

DY's Mother to Mistress: What happened?

Mistress' response: It looks as if Do Yoon is going to be chased out of the company. Okay?

DY to his secretary: Find out how Dreamgold was able to defeat the vote. 

HJ to DY: Don't come one step closer from there. Since I completely understand now that you've changed. 

MH to herself: Fine, Cha Do Yoon. That was the final for me, too. Now, whatever I do, you're the one who caused it. 

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Moving HJ's Mom right on up the list of evil ones I just can't stand her she would sell her soul for a new coat!!! And her child's pride as well!!! Not to mention the way she is treating that little boy who everyone knows feels lost heck he doesn't even talk.  Yet HJ's mom has no mercy at all and is overly cruel in her words and awful attitude toward him.  It even makes me more sick that it's her own grandson but then when I think about it I wonder would it even matter she would still be her same old selfish self and right now she is making DY's mom look like a saint:unsure:

@stroppyse  Thank so much for the preview translation it cooled my temper and I sure am hoping that its true DY didn't make it to the baby making party.  That would have been tough for me to handle I might have been sick for days:wacko::vicx:

If DY really do it with MH, then he is no difference from the other gigolos who slept with MH. Actually it would be funny if he found out that he has a erectile dysfunctionality problem where MH is concerned. Since he can't perform, MH can forget using his weakness for kids to control him. If DY is smart he should use this excuse to reject MH rather than rejecting her because he has no feelings for her which of course hurts her pride. LOL

It is very cruel of MH to lure HJ to the hotel to witness her seemingly hot night with DY which did not happen as in preview. But it does change her opinion of DY and seemed to accept that he is a changed man. Some may not agree with me but I feel she needed this scene for her to move forward. 

It is obvious that HJ's mother doesn't know how DY's wife looks like. This means that MH and HJ's mother did not collaborate with each other in getting rid of HJ's son. It appears to me that MH does not know that MH has a son and is still alive. So that would mean HJ's mother is the one who is responsible in sending HJ's son away. I guess we will know the answer if PI Jang meets HJ's mother face to face. 

The baby is just a carrot MH thrown in to tempt DY. Her real reason for the baby is to use it as a tool to control DY to do her biddings. She learned this from her mother who has absolute control over her husband. MH's father is just like a lap dog whose opinion never hold any weight. MH seemed very confident that she can control DY because she knows how to use his weakness. 

DY does not seem to know what he wants in life. He is obviously not happy as observed by HJ. What he has now is only HR and his mother who are very important to him. He has nothing to live for if those 2 are taken away from him. His life will start to crumble if he knows his mother involvement in his breakup with HJ and when JW starts to claim his rights towards HR. I am sure MH will step in to 'help' him with his problems and he will again be indebted to MH. The conclusion is as long as DY can't see beyond HR and his mother, he will forever be in MH's vicious loop and will never get out.  

5 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Then again, why doesn't HJ tell her mother that MH is the one who has been harassing them or at least that MH is a person that HJ dislikes

You brought up some good points there and I think we are pretty much on the same page where things are going.

One of the reason HJ broke up with DY is because his mom had beg HJ to leave DY after she gave one of her kidneys to HJ's mom.  As we all know it was MH who manevured this deal.  HJ's mom knows nothing of this and MH thinks HJ's mom will be devastated if she finds out that she is the reasons for HJ breaking up with DY and thus she is threatening  HJ with this information.

6 hours ago, stroppyse said:

So, when the does wife of the president of a  get to call a meeting of the directors? Corporations in South Korea must all be run like mom and pop shops if this is the way it actually is.  I'm blaming the writers for lazy writing.

How stupid is DY really?

Haha spot on. I can't understand this part either.. DY is only the CEO of LK,  how is his wife, who is not even an employee of LK have so much power to call a directors meeting.  The writers must have confuse her with the Queen of Joseon.  And the directors are like cows being pulled by the nose. DY for one is as clueless about his wife wheeling and dealings and continue to be fooled by her.  Sometimes I wished he would be more arrogant like his dad instead of being weak and timid like his mom. 

4 hours ago, rikimaiu said:

It appears to me that MH does not know that  MH has a son and is still alive. So that would mean HJ's mother is the one who is responsible in sending HJ's son away. I guess we will know the answer if PI Jang meets HJ's mother face to face. 

I  thought that was clear in MH's flashback in an earlier episode where HJ while searching for her baby encountered MH at a hospital entrance where DY was about to be discharged.  HJ begged MH to returned her baby to her. MH refused an after an argument HJ fell and hit her head. I assume that is when she injured her head and loose her memory. So MH does know about HJ's son and she must have been the one who had detective Jang gave away the baby.  It's unfair then to blame HJ's mom. 

2 hours ago, rikimaiu said:

The baby is just a carrot MH thrown in to tempt DY. Her real reason for the baby is to use it as a tool to control DY to do her biddings.

I don't think MH is capable of love. She uses her daughter for her own greed and now she needs to have DY's baby to secure her control over him. 

@USAFarmgirl Looks like I was wrong, DY did go to the hotel to see MH BUT HJ's there too. I wonder if he sees her also? From the preview, MH doesn't get her wish. DY rejects her offer! GOOD MOVE DY!! Now let's get your act together re HJ!

HJ should at least tell her mother that MH was the one that paid Mr. Park to evict them. She then will avoid MH and not get involved with her. HJ's mother indeed is annoying and how dare she treat Ga On like she does. Can't she see that something's wrong with him because he doesn't talk. Don't add more salt to his wound! So cruel!

Can't wait for tomorrow's episode when JW appears at the Directors meeting. Waiting to see the expression on Madam Kim's face!

@Mailelei No worries looks like he rejected MH it's all good! Never worry about being wrong we are all just trying to piece it together day by day no apology ever needed :) I really think everyone at least most just want a happy ending and to see DY & HJ and their son become reunited.  Boot their Moms to the curb and find a place of their own and maybe have a few more kids.:D  One things for sure after all is said and done no two people deserve happiness more than them...:wub:

I had to come back an add the idea of MH having another kid when she is such a rotten mother to the one she has already.  Surly the writer is smarter than that :wacko:

30 minutes ago, Mailelei said:

@USAFarmgirlLooks like I was wrong, DY did go to the hotel to see MH BUT HJ's there too. I wonder if he sees her also? From the preview, MH doesn't get her wish. DY rejects her offer! GOOD MOVE DY!! Now let's get your act together re HJ!

HJ should at least tell her mother that MH was the one that paid Mr. Park to evict them. She then will avoid MH and not get involved with her. HJ's mother indeed is annoying and how dare she treat Ga On like she does. Can't she see that something's wrong with him because he doesn't talk. Don't add more salt to his wound! So cruel!

After DY was told by his father that MH had called a directors meeting to kick him out as chairman I think DY was pissed at MH that is the reason he went to the hotel it was to tell MH off.  We can see from the teaser that MH was enraged. 

I stated in my last post the reason why HJ did not tell her mom about MH. She does not want her mom to find out about the transplant as MH had threatened her wit it. 

@imgreatgal  Yep, your right about why HJ is keeping it from her Mom I forgot about that thank you for the reminder. The sad part is HJ loves her Mom so much and tries to protect her and does everything she can for her.  But I was thinking how hurt HJ is going to be when she finds out about her Mother and what happened with her Son.  It sure won't be easy:sweatingbullets:

@USAFarmgirlThanks, glad to know we all think differently and our intuitions sometimes May not be correct. Nice to be able to express  our thoughts because there's so many different scenarios that can be played out in a drama.

@imgreatgalYes, thank you for the reminder about why HJ can't tell her mother about MH . I guess we want HJ's mother to behave a certain way but we have no control over her actions. We just don't want HJ more heartache for HJ.

1 hour ago, imgreatgal said:

I stated in my last post the reason why HJ did not tell her mom about MH. She does not want her mom to find out about the transplant as MH had threatened her wit it. 

True. However, HJ could still tell her mother that she does not like MH, that MH is not a friend of hers at all, and doesn't wish her well. She can divulge that much without compromising any information about the kidney. Or even more simply, HJ could tell her mom that MH is DY's wife. That should stop HJ's mom in her tracks from associating with MH. 

2 hours ago, imgreatgal said:

I don't think MH is capable of love. She uses her daughter for her own greed and now she needs to have DY's baby to secure her control over him

@imgreatgal If this is what she thinks she must not understand the depths of her decite.. Even with having DY baby thats not going to secure her marriage after what she did left the man child out there to be subject to abuse and god knows whatever else.. DY will tell her since she did that to his child the child she's arrying is her own don't ask for nothing from him because far as he's concern the baby isn't is.. <h hasn't a clue what and how her ation will effect her daughter. This lil girl is going to go threw some traumatic experiences because I do see a scandal around her identity..

1 hour ago, imgreatgal said:

I thought HJ mom knew it was DY wife that evicted them and tried to send HJ off to america not to have them ever to return.. What I don't get is how she don't know what DY wife looks like.. I still believe in the back on my mind that she threw HJ baby away to get back at DY and family thinking DY was cheating on HJ all the time.. 

1 hour ago, USAFarmgirl said:

I had to come back an add the idea of MH having another kid when she is such a rotten mother to the one she has already.  Surly the writer is smarter than that

@USAFarmgirl MH will never carry another child beause of her evil deeds.. All I can see is her faking a pregnacy and getting caught but it's her karma not to have another child because of her evil deeds you must remember theres a god..

It seemed that DY/HJ/MH is a creation of the parents. The father is loud, vulgar and unscrupulous, the mother is clinging to the position of Chairman's wife, HJ's mother to quote the old man ' suck her daughters dry' and MH's mother is greedy and unscrupulous. They used their children to maintain position in home & work (DY's parents), gets daughter to manipulate people in the most vicious ways ( MH's mother) and HJ's mother who is a passive user of her daughters. 

From ep 42, it looks like the identity of the boy will be found out in a few episodes. 

I hope the evil,selfish, greed of the grandparents stops at the second generation. The boy has suffered enough.

Now the chase- run game is starting. DY is being rejected by HJ after him rejecting her fir two episodes.

Despite criticisms, I say rhis is the best daily that I have watched, at this moment..... 60 more to go at least.

@Mailelei- didn't HJ mother confront DY for having his wife involve with HJ?  She saw MH picture from SY  cellphone as verified  by Mr. Park - she then went to DY regarding the matter and that's when DY found out MH was behind the eviction and the meat issue. 

BTW - what was HJ doing at the hotel?  Just because MH told her to come, she actually did?   Hasn't she learned from her tricks in the past?

46 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

True. However, HJ could still tell her mother that she does not like MH, that MH is not a friend of hers at all, and doesn't wish her well. She can divulge that much without compromising any information about the kidney. Or even more simply, HJ could tell her mom that MH is DY's wife. That should stop HJ's mom in her tracks from associating with MH. 

Given HJ's mother's character HJ can't say anything bad about MH.  If the woman knew the things MH has don she would go running off her hateful mouth to MH. In turn nasty hateful MH would give her the truth about her kidney operation. To avoid a nasty confrontation between the two HJ just keeps mum about the whole situation. 

18 minutes ago, viyra said:

@Mailelei- didn't HJ mother confront DY for having his wife involve with HJ?  She saw MH picture from SY  cellphone as verified  by Mr. Park - she then went to DY regarding the matter and that's when DY found out MH was behind the eviction and the meat issue. 

BTW - what was HJ doing at the hotel?  Just because MH told her to come, she actually did?   Hasn't she learned from her tricks in the past?

@viyra   This was my recollection also.. This is why I don;t understand her actions upon seeing MH unless she made a deal with MH regarding HJ baby.. I still think mom is involved with HJ baby being toss out.. I belive she uses HJ for her own benefit..  

6 minutes ago, awsparkle said:

Given HJ's mother's character HJ can't say anything about who MH is. If the woman knew who MH was she would go running off her hateful mouth to MH. In turn nasty hateful MH would give her the truth about her kidney operation. To avoid a nasty confrontation between the two HJ just keeps mum about their connection. 

Hi @awsparkle  Do you find HJ mom kind of selfish and uses her daughters HJ more so then her other daughter.. Sometimes I wonder if HJ really her bio child.. She does her daughter more harm them good.. 

@viyraYou have a good memory. HJ's mother did see the picture of MH and SY told her that she was DY's wife. How can HJ's mother not remember MH's face. Something doesn't seem right here. Is HJ's mother playing dumb? 

HJ went to the hotel because her supervisor told her she had to bring her food samples to the hotel lobby to meet people who were interested in tasting her food samples. She probably didn't even think it would MH up to her dirty tricks again. Hope this incident wakes her up. She should start asking questions when her supervisor approaches her again and get the facts like the name of the company, names of the individuals representing the company, etc. She needs to get smarter to beat MH.

@sava2sava

HJ's mother is a very hateful selfish greedy woman. She flows with whatever will benefit her. Even with knowing MH was responsible for having them thrown out she will take what she can get from MH. As for her treatment of Ga On he's a reminder of whatever she knows happen or did with HJ's son. Unknowingly to her karma has brought that child right back into her life because it's where he is suppose to be. Whatever happen to that child will be a cross she has carry for her part in him being separated from his parents. 

@Mailelei

The back and forward rejections and misunderstanding between DY and HJ will continue until they both stop thinking about others being hurt and think about themselves and what they want. They keep letting third parties get in between them instead of hashing it out and actually talking and listening to each other. 

Archived