[Drama 2016-2017] First Love Again 다시, 첫사랑 Thanks for Watch.

0ly40

48 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

(he hands her a contract relinquishing custody

I agree that could be what the document he gives her is about, though I think it's more likely it's the one he gave JW that certifies him to be cognitively impaired, though we can only guess, My theory is that he originally had that medical certificate prepared only with a view to giving it to MH at the appropriate time as a "hostage" for his behaviour, but that the attempt to grab GO, which DY stupidly hadn't foreseeen, led him to use the same document also as a weapon against DB with JW's help.

However in the immediately following snippet, the hand holding the document actually we see in close-up, which declares DY's formal renunciation of parental rights, is HJ's. Presumably so as to make this clear,  the PD managed to persuade the dresser to give HJ a jacket where the collar matched the cuffs, despite her usual dress (non)sense.  Though since her Holstein disguise was so unforgettable, it would have been sufficent to show a closeup of those ghastly funnel-shaped cuffs to remove any possible doubt who that hand was attached to.

cuffs.png

collar.png

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow DY played this nicely and I think I see where this is going he'll give up his custody rights which he can always come back and claim his son later.. He's killing two birds with one stone, Get his father to give and also gaining MH trust.. I think it's something to do with his accident also that she's link to but be it not him that bring charges on her even his on mom can file charges on her  also HJ and Big Nam can still bring charges on her which he still held up his end of the deal unless she also wants him to take the fall for something illegal she has done and he agrees to it.. But I see her going after CDB shares because she needs them for her own sake to stay seated in her spot that mom and CDB can kick her out of anytime.. Having her own shares is a win win for her.. She'll need money from the company to buy those shares and that will be embezzalling.. Boy Mh is digging herself under the prison a cell at this rate she won't have a spot on the floor.. Now we know why she's putting CDB in a bind to get them he has to think of something or someone where those shares will be safe that no one can touch them.. I don't think he would give them to mistress  because she could runoff with them CDB isn't that dumb and now that he's divorce even thou he don't know she knows it.. The safest place for those shares that Mh can't go after is GO.. Even if she tries to take him to court to get the shares back he got a good alibi for the shares being with his G/son, Being that she didn't want the boy on the family registry or  in the house or have anything to do with the family for HR sake.. So it's only right for him to leave his G/son his inheritence.. 

I think well see MH filing a lawsuit next for GO if CDB put thise shares in GO's name.. She needs those shares and if those shares are in GO's names she will indeed be going after custody.. 

@sava2sava

DB is not dumb at all and I agree he won't give his shares to mistress. Those shares would have to go to someone with voting rights. DY is not going to take them because he would have to vote in favor of MH. If those shares are transferred to GO he's under age so he would need a proxy to vote his shares. HJ is his mother so she would become his proxy with the right to vote those shares. If it goes that way HJ would probably come out as the Chairman of LK. That would be too funny but HJ did say she was going to take MH down out of the Chairman seat. 

I doubt if DB would transfer his shares to GO, because that would mean HJ could exercise voting rights on her son's behalf for the next decade, which is certainly not what DB would want. And the custody issue should now be settled once and for all. There are no grounds on which MH could file for custody in her own right.

Leaving who owns how much of the share capital to one side for now , I think the basis of the deal MH thinks she's so cleverly made with DY is that they each know of a crucial "weakness" on the other's part, so that they are bound by a mutual self-destruction pact like the on that keeps MH's mother and SB together. DY knows MH's "weakness", which is in that recording. Remember that the only reason that the recording didn't lead to MH's downfall earlier was that DY intervened to stop it being played, declaring that he has had it tested and it had proved to be a forgery. That put the media off the scent at the time, but both DY and MH know full well that if given impartial expert examination, the authenticity of the recording and therefore of MH's complicity in the accident would be plain to see. But she thinks DY has now agreed to give her the a key to revealing a fatal weakness of his own, and as I said earlier, I think it's that medical certificate that appears to show that he is unfit to be in charge of a company. If either of them reveals the other's weakness, they will both go down. Except that unbeknown to MH, DY's "weakness" is fake, whereas hers is only too real, meaning that she is deluding herself about her own relative strength and power.

6 minutes ago, awsparkle said:

@sava2sava

DB is not dumb at all and I agree he won't give his shares to mistress. Those shares would have to go to someone with voting rights. DY is not going to take them because he would have to vote in favor of MH. If those shares are transferred to GO he's under age so he would need a proxy to vote his shares. HJ is his mother so she would become his proxy with the right to vote those shares. If it goes that way HJ would probably come out as the Chairman of LK. That would be too funny but HJ did say she was going to take MH down out of the Chairman seat. 

@awsparkle  Go is the only safest place for those shares and if HJ tells CDB the real reason why she don't won't GO in that house yes those shares will be with Go and HJ is the proxy over them.. Right now she's the most trust worthy because he knows she won't give them up to no one.. But I like the idea of her kiking MH out of her seat, Wow MH will blow up LK group before she lets HJ take her seat.. Mh forced CDB hand to give up his shares now him and Mdm Kim deals are off.. I bet CDB will be  coahing HJ on what role the director plays and who they are backing without CDB shares really Mdm Kim can't do much.. DY has a heap loads of shares so do his mom and now GO hopefully.. Mdm Kim will need to get in good with Jw to keep the directors she has on her side.. 

12 minutes ago, baduy said:

I doubt if DB would transfer his shares to GO, because that would mean HJ could exercise voting rights on her son's behalf for the next decade, which is certainly not what DB would want. And the custody issue should now be settled once and for all. There are no grounds on which MH could file for custody in her own right.

Leaving who owns how much of the share capital to one side for now , I think the basis of the deal MH thinks she's so cleverly made with DY is that they each know of a crucial "weakness" on the other's part, so that they are bound by a mutual self-destruction pact like the on that keeps MH's mother and SB together. DY knows MH's "weakness", which is in that recording. Remember that the only reason that the recording didn't lead to MH's downfall earlier was that DY intervened to stop it being played, declaring that he has had it tested and it had proved to be a forgery. That put the media off the scent at the time, but both DY and MH know full well that if given impartial expert examination, the authenticity of the recording and therefore of MH's complicity in the accident would be plain to see. But she thinks DY has now agreed to give her the a key to revealing a fatal weakness of his own, and as I said earlier, I think it's that medical certificate that appears to show that he is unfit to be in charge of a company. If either of them reveals the other's weakness, they will both go down. Except that unbeknown to MH, DY's "weakness" if fake, whereas hers is only too real, meaning that she is deluding herself about her own relative strength and power.

@baduy  Being that Mh is DY wife she can file for custody especially using that medical report.. Also just asking what do you think CDB will do with those shares.? I know he's not stupid enough to give them to Mdm Kim.. Ok I think I figured it out maybe he'll give them to MS..

Who do you think he'll give them to because he has to put that money back into the company or go to jail so what do you think @awsparkle

23 minutes ago, sava2sava said:

Being that Mh is DY wife she can file for custody especially using that medical report.. Also just asking what do you think CDB will do with those shares.? I know he's not stupid enough to give them to Mdm Kim.. Ok I think I figured it out maybe he'll give them to MS..

Even in the highly, errr... flexible legal world of Kdrama, you can't file in your own name for custody of your husband's child when that child is demonstrably settled and flourishing with his birth mother, especially not when that husand has formally renounced his parental rights on the instructions of the family patriarch. And if that medical report is indeed what DY has provided MJ with as his "weakness" (and that's only my guess, so far) then the last thing MH would do is threaten to go public with it when she can be certain that would lead to DY going public with the recording, after which no number of shares would save her bacon.

I, too,. think that MS might end up as the safest available harbor for those shares in the face of the storm that's engulfing DB. She's one of the only two basically reliable adults in DB's vicinity (the other one being Tae Yun, but he's ruled out for obvious reasons). At least DB  could be sure MS won't sell him and the company out to MH or her family, even if he can't be certain how much she'd look after his interests. The other very much outside candidate is JW, and it's just about imaginable that DY might nudge him in that direction, maybe after some further secret arrangement between them, but DB really would have to be desperate to go that way.

I agree with @baduy that the document DY handed to MH for his weakness is the medical report. MH will use that to bring DY down if DY betrays her. It makes more sense that way because we all know that DY is well and healthy and the person going down will be MH. 

No more words to describe DB. That monstrous, selfish dirty old man only cares about himself. Stripping him of his wealth is not good enough, he needs to rot in jail. It's good that Hwa Ran now knows the true colors of DB and she will be the one betraying him and takes her revenge. 

Looks like the United Front of the Bad People is falling apart soon. MH betraying her mother, Hwa Ran going after DB's blood. With JW's help, DY will just orchestrate the fight amongst them and bring them all down. 

At least for now the tussle for GO is over. I don't know how DY's mother will react if she knows that DY will be forfeiting his paternal rights. I think she will trusts him because it will be a nightmare if DB gets his hands on GO. 

41 minutes ago, imgreatgal said:

One thing I'm curious about in the teaser is what the mistress is up to when she said 'a person who will do as the chairman wants will be the best one'  and  'the chairman needs someone he can trust' 

Of course she's up to something and probably trying to find away to get her greedy hands on those shares. She will probably try to get DB to give them to TY. If TY gets them she would be able to get them through him. The woman's going to get another big blow when it doesn't happen. 

7 hours ago, rikimaiu said:

I agree with @baduy that the document DY handed to MH for his weakness is the medical report. MH will use that to bring DY down if DY betrays her. It makes more sense that way because we all know that DY is well and healthy and the person going down will be MH. 

No more words to describe DB. That monstrous, selfish dirty old man only cares about himself. Stripping him of his wealth is not good enough, he needs to rot in jail. It's good that Hwa Ran now knows the true colors of DB and she will be the one betraying him and takes her revenge. 

Looks like the United Front of the Bad People is falling apart soon. MH betraying her mother, Hwa Ran going after DB's blood. With JW's help, DY will just orchestrate the fight amongst them and bring them all down. 

At least for now the tussle for GO is over. I don't know how DY's mother will react if she knows that DY will be forfeiting his paternal rights. I think she will trusts him because it will be a nightmare if DB gets his hands on GO. 

@rikimaiu  Like I and @baduy was thinking the safest place for CDB to park those shares is with MS.. Afterall it was her family property that started that company and no matter all the stuff he has done to her she still tolerate him and Mistress regardless of the past.. If CDB do put those shares under MS name you can best believe that Mistress will throw him under the bus we won't have to see her killing him in his sleep she's going to do it when he's wide awake and see it coming..:lol:  I'm hoping that the old man finds out it was MH the one that told her..:angry: I still think mistress will pay MH back for this piece of news and tell HR that DY isn't her father and he has a son that her mom may have kidnap him from his mom to keep him away from his real father..  If Mistress learns of how much HR praises her mom she will fill HR in on how horrible her mom is and tell her if she gets caught for half the things she did she will be going to jail.. I just don't see Mistress not showing retailation towards MH and especially now since she's out to make CDB completely broke with no income.. Mistress won't be able to go around like the hell cat she is because CDB will be nothing but a Ex CEO man with nothing living  in a shell.. So maybe she'll try to pull some kind of con to get those shares.. She will tell him to give them to TY he's trust worthy..LMAO:wink:

6 hours ago, imgreatgal said:

One thing I'm curious about in the teaser is what the mistress is up to when she said 'a person who will do as the chairman wants will be the best one'  and  'the chairman needs someone he can trust' 

6 hours ago, awsparkle said:

Of course she's up to something and probably trying to find away to get her greedy hands on those shares. She will probably try to get DB to give them to TY. If TY gets them she would be able to get them through him. The woman's going to get another big blow when it doesn't happen. 

@imgreatgal I'm in agreement with @awsparkle and that blow is going to be when he put those shares in MS name the exwife.. CDB is going to tell her in so many ways that he don't trust her and never have.. She won't see that she brought this upon herself.. She was stupid to stay with him for 30 yrs and got nothing in return but her dimwit son..

I am actually happy with episode 94.

I like it that DY despite his unwillingness to collaborate with JW (which I sense has to do with JW as ex-rival for HJ's love), put HJ and GO as his top priority and enlisted JW's help so that GO can be safely under HJ's custody. 

I am touched by Hwa Ran (surprisingly) when I saw how devastated she was to be betrayed by the man she has lived with for 30 years. I put aside her greed and pettiness and for that short moment saw her as a woman who longed for recognition and love from her husband and realising that she could never attain that.

I wonder where will DB park his shares and do agree with speculations here that it could be MS or TY. TY will not betray him but he is not smart enough. MS is likely to be able to hold off against the villains but her priority will be DY. Still DY is his eldest son. So DB might consider MS. This is interesting speculation by friends here. Let's see what will transpire next week.

I love love it the most when GO (having spotted DY) managed to get his mum into that convenience store and then came out on his own to greet DY as his father. I cried happy tears when DY acknowledged and hugged him. I would really hate DY if he were to deny GO! 

15 hours ago, imgreatgal said:

what the mistress is up to when she said 'a person who will do as the chairman wants will be the best one'  and

Given the nature of teasers in general and Korean-language dialogue in particular, it's very often hard to decide exactly how to translate such brief snippets, but that doesn't stop it from often being clear enough how not to translate them. To look at the two bits in the Mistresses' voice:

First we see her in closeup, with no visual clue about who she's talking to (except that the speech level shows she isn't talking to herself) saying

1. 희장님이 시키는 할 사랑이 .. 제일 낫죠  where my transcription inserts  .. (equivalent to the three dots ... in Western language) to indicate a significant pause.

Then there's a momentary intercut to DB asking DY

2. 네가 맡을래?

Then the Mistress' voice again. It's hard tell whether it's a direct continuation of the scene where 1. was spoken: her hair suggests it may well be, but what little the shot angle reveals of her clothing indicates it might be a different scene, but the content of the shot makes it plain she's addressing  a grumpy-looking DB, asking him:

3. 희장님이 믿을 수 있는 사람이요?

So how to translate those snippets on what little context we're allowed?

Well, tone of voice helps with the first one. She's speaking in a cajoling intonation, reinforced by the 죠 ending, which when spoken in this manner implies "I'm sure you see the point of what I'm saying here".  It's hard to think of anyone she would say this to in this way, apart from DB himself.  Of course the fact that the Korean expresses this in a third person way, literally "The way Chairman ordered will act person ... best of all would be"  doesn't preclude this being something she says to the Chairman himself. On the contrary, that's the only way she ever addresses the Chairman, as their respective status requires. So we might translate:

1. Someone who would do exactly what you say ... would be the best, don't you agree?

Passing over 2. for a moment, it's important that the intonation of 3. marks it as a question.  It's also  important to realize that she isn't asking "Is there someone you can trust?", which would be ...사람(이) 있어요? whereas what we actually hear, 사람이요?, indicates she's asking whether a person DB has already indicated or actually named is trustworthy, hence EITHER

3a. Is it someone you can trust?

if DB hasn't actually told her the person in question's identity, merely that that person exists, OR

3b Is he/she/NAME someone you can trust?

if he has told her just who he has in mind.

Without more context, it's impossible to make a firm decision between 3a and 3b, but I'd be inclined to go for 3a, because if the person had been identified, she'd have been likely to phrase the question more specificallly as "Can you (really) trust NN?"

So I think what's happening is that in 1. she's trying to get the Chairman to choose someone who'll do exactly what he tells them, in a way that indicates she has a clear candidate in mind (my guess is that it would be TY)  Then in 3. the Chairman has agreed he needs some such person, and has one in mind, but hasn't told her who it is and isn't prepared to. So she's confined to asking whether that person is trustworthy, no matter who he or she happens to be,

Which leaves us with 2. to deal with.  I think it's pretty clear what the editor of this sequence intends to to think, though we may be being deliberately tricked. DB is saying to DY

2. How about you taking that on?

The grammatical form is one popularized  by the 2001 movie  엽기적인 그녀 (My Sassy Girl, not to be confused with the awful 2008 Hollywood remake of 2008 or the Jdrama spinoff series, also from 2008) : 죽을래? -  You wanna die?  It's a colloquial way of asking about, or stating, a wish, generally a spur-of-the moment wish or impulse. We often hear in Kdramas  한 잔 하- how about a drink? or, when it's expressing a wish rather than asking what someone else wants, fractious kids demanding 집에 가 - I WANNA GO HOME!!  The point here is that it's a distinctively colloquial, spur-of-the-moment expression, which puts it slightly at odds with 맡다, the verb it's attached to here, which means "to take on responsibility for something".  That verb itself implies that the "something" is a fairly weighty or complex matter which someone is entrusting to someone else, presumably after careful thought by the person doing the entrusting. But the (을}래 ending, by contrast, suggests that whatever the "responsibility" may be, it's no big deal, and it doesn't matter much to the speaker whether his listener "takes it on" or not.  The mismatch is deliberate. It suggests that DB badly wants DY to do something important to him, but he's making light of the matter, pretending he doesn't much care much whether he accepts or not, because he doesn't want DY to know how desperate he is in case DY exploits that knowledge.

So where does that get us?  The clip editor clearly wants us to think that the three snippets form a sequence. In 1, the Mistress suggests to DB that he needs to find someone who will do exactly as he's told. In 2, DB is asking DY to take something on, hoping he will, but pretending he doesn't much care whether he does or not. In 3. the Mistress is asking about the trustworthiness of whoever it is DB has picked out to do what she suggested in 1, with the sequencing implying that he's chosen DY to do whatever it is. That's about as far as we can go with any confidence.

This may or may not  be about who's to be entrusted with the shares. And the snippet with DY may or may not belong where the preview has put it. Only Monday's episode will tell. The text preview just published gives nothing away, merely saying that "DB frantically looks for someone he can gift his stocks to."

3 hours ago, ross27 said:

I am touched by Hwa Ran (surprisingly) when I saw how devastated she was to be betrayed by the man she has lived with for 30 years. I put aside her greed and pettiness and for that short moment saw her as a woman who longed for recognition and love from her husband and realising that she could never attain that.

@ross27 Hwr don't love him it was just pure greed and she's getting just what she deserves, Why dedicate your life to a man that was tied to another woman for 30 yrs.. I don't think she was dedicated all she thought about was taking what didn't belong to her thinking she can put her child in the eldest spot.. Well serve her well karma because it's time she gets it..

@ross27

I just don't feel sorry for mistress and her tears didn't move me one bit. She made her own bed and slept in it for 30 years. It was her choice to remain a mistress and she forgot that fact and treated people badly. Now she's getting back the humiliation she dished out for treating people she saw as beneath her. She spent 30 years with a man who didn't think enough of her to want to marry her. It's a hard pill to swallow but she can't put the total blame on DB and want to take revenge. Mistress has to take some of the responsibility for her own choices. She tried to use her child in order to up her own status. When DB goes down so does she because she made that choice to live the way she has. 

@sava2sava

I agree mistress goal was to try and take what didn't belong to her. She had an affair with a married man and had a child. It was her own greed  that blinded her of seeing the rat DB really is. She saw how he treated and used DY and deluded herself into believing her child was better and would be treated better. 

2 hours ago, awsparkle said:

I agree mistress goal was to try and take what didn't belong to her. She had an affair with a married man and had a child. It was her own greed  that blinded her of seeing the rat DB really is. She saw how he treated and used DY and deluded herself into believing her child was better and would be treated better. 

@awsparkle  Your are so right and as soon as DB get the chance if someone else came with the samething Mdm Kim did he'll do it again and sell TY off also.. DB see his kids as object and he was planning to set GO life up to until DY came in and put a stop to it but that rat will still sell GO off if it benefitted him he don't care.. He's going to find some kind of way to have GO in that family even if it's only GO wearing the lasy name Cha and having him to visit just only on weekend and holidays..

I will also snuffed the daylights out of the man who lied to me for 30 years that upon his divorce will marry me but did not because he never wanted to in the first place. Chairman Cha always covet what he always wanted. Hwa Ran might have been really opposite of his principal wife and the kind of floozy that he likes and probably courted her and had her remain by his side with empty promises of marriage. Why does he need to honour his promise when the present arrangement, Hwa Ran is already by his side? Chairman Cha already calculated as he did not intend to loose more shares of his company to another "wife".

It is a slow boring Sunday, laundry time. So I decided to take a peek and caught the sweetest scene- GO and his daddy hugging. Does this mean DY will stop playing the noble idiot, sacrificing himself for HJ? Giving up what he always wanted i.e a simple family life with HJ and GO? At least, HJ has given up the stupid self-sacrifice notion: I will gladly die if I can bring MH down. That got her involved in the scam and she was not bright enough to cover her tracks. I am looking forward to the next scene, but I don't think my heart can take another one of HJ's designer clothes after the Frisian fashion. Hopefully, there will be recaps.

I am going to make a prediction of the ending: DY having renounced his inheritance is working at a seaside food factory with HJ, and they will have their little family with GO and no connection to LK. The evil family got into a fiery fatal accident while trying to flee the country. JW becomes the chairman of LK and HR lives with him and Mrs. Seo - some indication of future attachment. Chairman Cha is alone and poor in a rental, abandoned by the vulgar mistress. The others all live happily in whatever way the writer wants.

@awsparkle, @sava2sava, I do agree with you on your comments about Hwa Ran's greed and responsibility to live with the consequences of breaking up the Chairman's family. I was surprised at myself when I felt sorry for her at that moment!  Perhaps she acted that scene particularly well. haha.

2 hours ago, ross27 said:

@awsparkle, @sava2sava, I do agree with you on your comments about Hwa Ran's greed and responsibility to live with the consequences of breaking up the Chairman's family. I was surprised at myself when I felt sorry for her at that moment!  Perhaps she acted that scene particularly well. haha.

That is not a good sign. The writer is turning the harridan into some sensitive hurt woman who chokes when she says she is keeping the word honey for 30 years for THE special occasion. This was designed to touch our hearts. Don't forget MH has been portrayed as an adopted child, moulded to be the next Evil Kim and was never loved by her mother. Also planting doubts in our heart. Do not forget she must pay for kidnapping a child twice, tried to cause an abortion, forged documents to implicate DY, many more. So she must pay for crimes.

2 hours ago, maribella said:

Don't forget MH has been portrayed as an adopted child, moulded to be the next Evil Kim and was never loved by her mother. Also planting doubts in our heart.

Too true. But then the Iron Laws of Daily Dramas decree that all must repent and all must be forgiven. So MH will have to wear the blue pyjamas with the big numbers on them for a few  years, but then it will be revealed that her true father is Mr Park, who by this time is married to HJ's Mom, and they'll be waiting outside the jail on her release day with a bag of tofu ready to start the True Family Life, the lack of which turned her to the side of Evil, poor little thing.

Archived