[Drama 2016-2017] First Love Again 다시, 첫사랑 Thanks for Watch.

0ly40

1 hour ago, baduy said:

Too true. But then the Iron Laws of Daily Dramas decree that all must repent and all must be forgiven. So MH will have to wear the blue pyjamas with the big numbers on them for a few  years, but then it will be revealed that her true father is Mr Park, who by this time is married to HJ's Mom, and they'll be waiting outside the jail on her release day with a bag of tofu ready to start the True Family Life, the lack of which turned her to the side of Evil, poor little thing.

Bad karma to the writer, bad karma... I wonder if any evil person has been killed in a daily? 

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
48 minutes ago, maribella said:

Bad karma to the writer, bad karma... I wonder if any evil person has been killed in a daily? 

Well, there was a "TV Novel" (= KBS2 morning-slot daily) a couple of years back now where a villainous guy who was at the root of all our Innocent Heroine's many troubles bumped off several people and got killed himself close to the end. But then in the final episode there was a big song-song to celebrate the OTP's nuptials, and all the dead characters put in a ghostly appearance to join in the festivities, and it was smiles and hugs all round, with the spectral contingent fully included. I'm afraid self-protective amnesia of the kind that afflicts so many Kdrama characters prevents me from remembering just which drama that was. And anyway, all the TV Novels tend to merge into one in memory since they all seem to use identical sets, not to mention near-identical characters and plots. It's very noticeable that the Noodle Factory in the current KBS morning Daily is exactly the same as the Bakery in its predecessor but one, apart from some minor changes of color scheme.

1 hour ago, baduy said:

Well, there was a "TV Novel" (= KBS2 morning-slot daily) a couple of years back now where a villainous guy who was at the root of all our Innocent Heroine's many troubles bumped off several people and got killed himself close to the end. But then in the final episode there was a big song-song to celebrate the OTP's nuptials, and all the dead characters put in a ghostly appearance to join in the festivities, and it was smiles and hugs all round, with the spectral contingent fully included. I'm afraid self-protective amnesia of the kind that afflicts so many Kdrama characters prevents me from remembering just which drama that was. And anyway, all the TV Novels tend to merge into one in memory since they all seem to use identical sets, not to mention near-identical characters and plots. It's very noticeable that the Noodle Factory in the current KBS morning Daily is exactly the same as the Bakery in its predecessor but one, apart from some minor changes of color scheme.

Looks like I should be ready to watched huggy kissy scenes at the end. I am now thinking of watching the second last episode where the baddies are still in control. So no amazingly ridiculous kumbawa scenes yet, these if I remember a few that I had watched are reserved for the last 20 minutes or less.

15 hours ago, jacquelinetan said:

I will also snuffed the daylights out of the man who lied to me for 30 years that upon his divorce will marry me but did not because he never wanted to in the first place. Chairman Cha always covet what he always wanted. Hwa Ran might have been really opposite of his principal wife and the kind of floozy that he likes and probably courted her and had her remain by his side with empty promises of marriage. Why does he need to honour his promise when the present arrangement, Hwa Ran is already by his side? Chairman Cha already calculated as he did not intend to loose more shares of his company to another "wife".

@jacquelinetan As the saying goes why buy the cow when your getting the milk for free. Hwa Ran has nobody but herself to blame.. If he hadn't divorced his wife after the she had her son with CDB that should have told her he wasn't going to marry her.. Also CDB thinks highly of himself and cares about what he's married to do you think he would have a floozy as a wife I think not.. I think she wants to get her hands on those shares to force him into marrying her.. She feel for the empty promises so she made her bed now she has to lay in it..

13 hours ago, maribella said:

It is a slow boring Sunday, laundry time. So I decided to take a peek and caught the sweetest scene- GO and his daddy hugging. Does this mean DY will stop playing the noble idiot, sacrificing himself for HJ? Giving up what he always wanted i.e a simple family life with HJ and GO? At least, HJ has given up the stupid self-sacrifice notion: I will gladly die if I can bring MH down. That got her involved in the scam and she was not bright enough to cover her tracks. I am looking forward to the next scene, but I don't think my heart can take another one of HJ's designer clothes after the Frisian fashion. Hopefully, there will be recaps.

I am going to make a prediction of the ending: DY having renounced his inheritance is working at a seaside food factory with HJ, and they will have their little family with GO and no connection to LK. The evil family got into a fiery fatal accident while trying to flee the country. JW becomes the chairman of LK and HR lives with him and Mrs. Seo - some indication of future attachment. Chairman Cha is alone and poor in a rental, abandoned by the vulgar mistress. The others all live happily in whatever way the writer wants.

@maribella  I thought HJ start acting with coviction but yes she still was a noble idiot by leaving those papers just laying around when anyone could walk into her office and find them.. MH is no better when she has been scheming and being manipulative every since she's been married to DH.. Her getting scammed proves she's not cut out to run a large coporation like that.. So her greed to stay in that position will also cause her to be kick out of that position..

I don't know who will end up running LK group but I see DY head of it all.. He has his work cut out for him cleaning the evil out But I see the Kim family taking a big fall and they won;t be able to get back up.. Before this happen Mdm Kim isn't going out without a fight her and MH so I see her Mdm Kim going after GO herself..She's the only one that hasn't used GO as a weapon so it's her turn next..

4 hours ago, baduy said:

Too true. But then the Iron Laws of Daily Dramas decree that all must repent and all must be forgiven. So MH will have to wear the blue pyjamas with the big numbers on them for a few  years, but then it will be revealed that her true father is Mr Park, who by this time is married to HJ's Mom, and they'll be waiting outside the jail on her release day with a bag of tofu ready to start the True Family Life, the lack of which turned her to the side of Evil, poor little thing.

Come on now @baduy Please let's not have her as Mr Park child but I wouldn't be surprised if things turn out like this..

3 hours ago, maribella said:

@maribella  I know one evil person should die in the daily TPWGH.. Yes this woman needs to die but I think she needs to be hit were it would her the most and thats killing off her precious son that she committed all these evil acts for.. Now here I think all need to go to jail do not pass go don't collect anything and should be left broker then the 10 commandments when it's over for there evil deeds and Thats the Kim family and CDB all should go to jail..   

4 hours ago, maribella said:

I can't remember any daily dramas I've watched where the evil person actually died. Even if they don't die at least give us some reality instead of the 360 degree turnaround  of I'm repenting for my sins. There is only one drama recently that the evil doers were actually punished. The male went to jail for a longer period of time then the 2 years. He was sentence to 10 years but reduced to 7. Also his narcissistic behavior was showing signs of going insane. His side kick mistress was also sentenced but given 5 years probation since she loss a leg due to the evil male. By the way she repented and found love with a character in the drama I think was a last minute add in. 

8 hours ago, maribella said:

That is not a good sign. The writer is turning the harridan into some sensitive hurt woman who chokes when she says she is keeping the word honey for 30 years for THE special occasion. This was designed to touch our hearts. Don't forget MH has been portrayed as an adopted child, moulded to be the next Evil Kim and was never loved by her mother. Also planting doubts in our heart. Do not forget she must pay for kidnapping a child twice, tried to cause an abortion, forged documents to implicate DY, many more. So she must pay for crimes.

5 hours ago, baduy said:

It's possible things could happen this way given this writers stays true to form with the repeated scenario's  

MH was a stolen child sent away and adopted by the ever so evil Mdm Kim. It turns out MH is to be pitied for the life she had to endure. All she ever wanted was to be loved and have something that's hers. 

@sava2sava

The focus of the story I think will surround  how everything started. Mdm Kim's purpose was to take over LK and to do it through MH. DY's plan of revenge is to divide the the three and turn MH DB and Mdm Kim against each other.  In the preview HJ gets full custody of GO so he's no longer a weapon to be used against HJ, DY and DB. Mdm Kim's focus will be on the betrayal of MH if that's what's really going on. Mdm Kim is a sly fox who thinks of all angles. 

I think as some other's stated the papers DY gives to MH is his medical record. MH of course will use them to her advantage. With those documents DY is out in being able to run the company. Her next step will be to get rid of DB by taking his shares. DB is a rat but he's not dumb and will transfer those shares to someone he knows is not a threat. It will have to be someone that will keep his interest in LK. I don't think it will be MS or mistress because he's wronged both these women. He knows there's a big possibility they could turn on him in the interest of their sons. . 

The way I see it  HJ will be DB's safe choice and will be the one who gets his shares. It would put her back in the game of bringing MH down out of the Chairman's position. Remember DB did say to DY something about HJ having brought more business to LK. Then there was the guy HJ worked with telling her to hurry and come back.  It just seemed to me of it being the set up how HJ will get back into the company. 

1 hour ago, awsparkle said:

. MH of course will use them to her advantage. With those documents DY is out in being able to run the company.

Ah, but she won't, because she can't. That's the whole point of the mutual exchange of "weaknesses" that MH and DY have agreed on. If she goes public with the medical evidence of his mental state that JW used to put pressure on DB,  DY will go public with the recording that is her "weakness".  So (she thinks) they each have a guarantee that the other will stand back to back with them to bring down Mme Kim and DH. That belief that led her to think she could safely take her mother on with DY's assistance, keeping the Chair for herself with DY as a subservient CEO who couldn't oppose her in case she then reveal his "weakness" and got him dismissed.

From this angle, getting JW to force DB to "make" DY disclaim all parental rights over GO was a masterful move on DY's part, even though it was a last-minute improvisation to solve a problem he hadn't properly foreseen. To MH, DY's apparently being willing to discard GO is evidence that DY indeed has no wish to bring either GO or HJ into his life and is now fully commited to her and their joint fight against both her mother and his father, whereas to HJ it confirms that DY is still devoted to her and his son.

@sava2sava, @awsparkle

I still think DY and HJ should start their own food company even if the writer in true KD style does not think so. DY has been running the company and HJ has been contributing greatly to its coffers. They have the ability and the money. Evil Kim and Scummy Chairman Cha conspired for the company and that is how the series started, its basis. Once they kick out MH and bring down the Foundation, there is no reason for the two to remain. I say run run.

MH has to receive her just rewards, years in prison. All the shenanigans at the beginning of the series, using Jang, sending GO to the US etc. were all her ideas so she had a free hand to commit her crimes not always under the tutelage of Evil Kim.

12 hours ago, awsparkle said:

The way I see it  HJ will be DB's safe choice and will be the one who gets his shares. It would put her back in the game of bringing MH down out of the Chairman's position. Remember DB did say to DY something about HJ having brought more business to LK. Then there was the guy HJ worked with telling her to hurry and come back.  It just seemed to me of it being the set up how HJ will get back into the company. 

@awsparkle  This is a likely scenario, But wouldn't Mhm Kin demand that Hj pay the money back that MH lost.? Maybe even Mh will demand she does it being that CDB gace his shares to her. If Mh finds out she'll go all out to get those shares even if it means kidnapping GO again..

3 minutes ago, sava2sava said:

@awsparkle  This is a likely scenario, But wouldn't Mhm Kin demand that Hj pay the money back that MH lost.? Maybe even Mh will demand she does it being that CDB gace his shares to her. If Mh finds out she'll go all out to get those shares even if it means kidnapping GO again..

That sly old man gave his shares to MH? Maybe it was just giving voting rights to her as proxy. If he gave his only asset to her, I can't imagine where he would be now. Were we ever told the breakdown of shares owned by Dream gold and JW's ? I think JW is the major shareholder. Add dream gold and MS's, this will form the biggest share holding group. I don't think it will difficult for them to get together. 

42 minutes ago, maribella said:

Were we ever told the breakdown of shares owned by Dream gold and JW's

I doubt if the writer still knows that. I suspect the only definitive version of that info was once scribbled on a sheet of the toilet tissue that stands in for napkins in low-budget Korean eateries, but then got left behind and forgotten among the empy soju bottles after the writer staggered homewards.

3 hours ago, maribella said:

That sly old man gave his shares to MH?

Most likely not. In the episode just ended it seems his most trust one is his mistress. One thing for sure he still doesn't know that she knows that he and MS are divorced. I foresee her taking it all for TY and betraying the scum in the end. 

19 minutes ago, imgreatgal said:

Most likely not. In the episode just ended it seems his most trust one is his mistress. One thing for sure he still doesn't know that she knows that he and MS are divorced. I foresee her taking it all for TY and betraying the scum in the end. 

My prediction that he will be alone in a rented room in the end may be correct. I do not think she will give it to TY. She is a sure abscondee. All for herself.

DY's deal with MH now looks shaky. Good Lord, they have just started a new conflict at episode 95? I am going to look at the preview, if it is the same crap** shock-the-viewers story, I am outta heah- again.:lol:

19 minutes ago, maribella said:

DY's deal with MH now looks shaky. Good Lord, they have just started a new conflict at episode 95? I am going to look at the preview, if it is the same crap** shock-the-viewers story, I am outta heah- again.:lol:

at the end of episode 95 HJ found out from JW that it was DY who came up with the plan to have CDB renounced custody of GO, and in the preview she is seen outside Mdm Kim house most likely she is taking it upon herself to confront Mdm Kim.

11 minutes ago, imgreatgal said:

at the end of episode 95 HJ found out from JW that it was DY who came up with the plan to have CDB renounced custody of GO, and in the preview she is seen outside Mdm Kim house most likely she is taking it upon herself to confront Mdm Kim.

Is she going to believe what the old snake tells her? Would she be able to tell whether Evil Kim is lying?  I am sure she is going to botch up DY's plans. Like mother like daughter. Her mother took it upon herself to talk to JW when HJ/JW relationship seemed dying to her, then she took GO to DY's house without informing her, there must be others that I was not watching. JW already said, he was going to find out what Kim had on DY. Leave it be, when there is an opportunity, grab it, otherwise don't go near the Kim family.

I have a question, I hear JW referring to the horrible woman as Yee but we have been referring to her as Mdm Kim ( does a woman with such morals deserve a honorific?). What is her name?

15 minutes ago, maribella said:

I have a question, I hear JW referring to the horrible woman as Yee but we have been referring to her as Mdm Kim ( does a woman with such morals deserve a honorific?). What is her name?

Her name is 김영숙 = Kim Yeong Suk, but she's always referred to by her status title  이사장   = Chair (of the Foundation).

What you're hearing as the name 이 = Lee is just the first syllable of the word 이사장 .

That said, people arre apparently making a whole lot of assumptions about what happens in this episode...  Unfortunately, I've no time today to put them on the right track, but the subs should make things a lot clearer in due course.

8 minutes ago, baduy said:

Her name is 김영숙 = Kim Yeong Suk, but she's always referred to by her status title  이사장   = Chair (of the Foundation).

What you're hearing as the name 이 = Lee is just the first syllable of the word 이사장 .

That said, people arre apparently making a whole lot of assumptions about what happens in this episode...  Unfortunately, I've no time today to put them on the right track, but the subs should make things a lot clearer in due course.

Ok like Madam Chair of  Foundation, tsk tsk, my Korean has not improved. Thank you @baduy.

You mean like assuming HJ is going to mess things up? I think she got the documents on her involvement in the scam from MH's mum and then confronted DY with it. :lol: of course, I may be very wrong. 

1 hour ago, maribella said:

You mean like assuming HJ is going to mess things up?

I was thinking more about the rather complicated sequence of events in the episode itself which alters the context in which HJ is acting, though she doesn't yet know it (she'll find out tomorrow, no doubt).  Her going it alone with Mme Kim will take DY  by surprise, but it won't necessarily undermine or thwart his by now very elaborate plans for the emergency shareholders' meeting he's persuaded MH to call. DY has already embroiled MH, Mme Kim and his father too deeply for any flare-up between HJ and Mme Kim to blow him off course, and he's all set to win over the Mistress ( partly thanks to the groundwork his mother put in today over that monster bowl of pibimpab, though she didn't know how well it would fit in with her son's scheme)  to vote with her newly acquired shares in a way very different from what DB intended.  When MH asked what was the point of asking a shareholders' meeting to confirm her position in the Chair when the combined shareholdings of her mother and DB would easily outvote her own supporters, DY smiled knowingly and said "In that case we have to turn my father's vote against  your mother's,  don't we?" and we see him setting that process in motion.

BTW we were all wrong about what the document is that DY hands over to MJ as his "weakness". It turns out it was a copy of the secret contract between his father and Mme Kim (which a little earlier in the episode DY had persuaded his father to show him, and which refers to the supposed "evidence" that DY was responsible for all the financial crimes DB and  Mme Kim committed), thus placing his entire reputation in her hands, as he puts it.

1 hour ago, maribella said:

I think she got the documents on her involvement in the scam from MH's mum and then confronted DY with it. :lol: of course, I may be very wrong. 

There are more identity problems in this drama with bits of paper than there are with people. 

As usual we can't be sure, but the document HJ is hitting DY with in the preview is most likely that disclaimer of parental rights. Near  the end of today's episode, she forced JW to admit not only that he threatened DB in order to get the disclaimer, but that it was none other than DY himself who aked him to do so and provided him with the evidence. That caused her to flash back to DY coldly telling her it was he who make his father issue the custody suit, and she suddenly realized the extent ot the double game DY was playing. On the one hand she was relieved to be assured  it was just an act, but she was furious that DY had made her go through all that despite her many pleas to level with her. That's what their row is about in that first segment of the teaser. As for the indications of panic in the rest of the teaser, before in the last snippet the couple embrace and promise to work together at last, I think that's more likely to be about DY fearing that JH has exposed herself to great danger by taking on MH all by herself rather then any serious upset to the core strategy he is pursuing.

I think I would have written my own episodes if not for Baduy. LOL. Thank you very much  @baduy

If they were hugging after HJ threw the documents at him then agreed to be honest to each other, she would not have been ringing the bell of the snake pit without discussing it with him. 

Or she had gone to the house before throwing the documents at him. No, that does not seem to be in the flow.

she is furious at him for not filling her in? She or the writer has a very short memory. She kept important info from him as well.

Archived