[Drama 2016/2017] Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo, 역도 요정 김복주

Maetawinz

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watched the latest two episodes when they came out but refrained from posting here because I couldn't really put into words how it made me feel. 

The last two episodes were the CUTEST of any drama I have ever seen. I couldn't wipe the stupid smile from my face at JH's cute jealousy and his cute confession and his cute way of helping her check off her bucket list and his cute way of looking at her and the cute way he supports her. Her confession was just as cute and heartfelt!! My favourite episode is and probably will continue to be ep 12 because it depicts two people falling in love so so well that it really tugs at my heartstrings. Their acting and expressions are soooo believable that I almost wished they (the actors) were actually falling in love :P 

My favourite scene was at the amusement park when the fireworks were going on and JH put his hand in her pocket... their expressions, the scenery, the music (Dreaming by Han Hee Jung) was JUST. PERFECT. I keep watching and rewatching the same scene. <3 *sigh* 

I thought the way they handled JH's confession was really well done...I liked that BJ was confused and didn't immediately fall in love with JH because that would be unrealistic. She recognized that she relied on him and he made her feel comfortable, but she never had romantic inclinations because it was never explored. JH was also not dejected and tried hard to prove to her that he can be the boyfriend that she wants/needs. I think it's sweet and super cute. I'm also really glad that they decided to go official with 4 more episodes to go! hopefully we get to see more cute scenes between the two. I just can't get enough!! I guess with the last episode showing JH's jealous side, we'll get to see BJ's jealous side next ep :) hopefully there is minimal misunderstandings and JH will reassure her that SH means nothing to him anymore :P

It's interesting 'cause I never watched any of Lee Sung Kyung's other dramas but I have seen interviews and I think her personality is closer to her previous characters' looks/traits in that she is really feminine and portraits more of the sexy look. Since this is my first extended exposure of her I feel like it has really stuck on me and I just LOVE LSK as a tom boy with the short hair. Her expressions are super duper cute and she plays the role really really well. The way she pouts and the way her eyes sparkle a bit with excitement makes me want to pinch her cheeks and hug her haha. She's just so gosh darn cute in this!! 

LSK and NJH look super comfortable with each other for that kiss scene :blush:

My favorite parts are when she's whacking the snow out of his jacket: "I've been hit for 3 years, you can stop hitting me now!!" and when they are practicing JH pulling in BJ for a kiss and everyone is like "wow~~~ so manly~~~" NJH is like "I've done this in elementary school" lmao

@raks86 I think JH was leaning back in for another kiss after staring into each others eyes, but they cut that part out :bawling:

8 minutes ago, koreanricegirl said:

LSK and NJH look super comfortable with each other for that kiss scene :blush:

My favorite parts are when she's whacking the snow out of his jacket: "I've been hit for 3 years, you can stop hitting me now!!" and when they are practicing JH pulling in BJ for a kiss and everyone is like "wow~~~ so manly~~~" NJH is like "I've done this in elementary school" lmao

@raks86 I think JH was leaning back in for another kiss after staring into each others eyes, but they cut that part out :bawling:

Thank you sooo much for giving us this tidbit of translation! They CRACK ME UP. lol 

Thanks for sharing the BTS!!!

JONG JOON HYUNG YOU'RE SO BAD BAD BAD!!!

After finish the kiss scene he said " I'm going to meet Song Si Ho" :expressionless:

Bok Joo angry "YAH!!!!!!! Why did you say that thing infont of your GF"

Kakaka, but still they' re too cute to handle :heart:

I translated the BTS for 12 really quickly! for those of you that want to understand all of it haha

LSK: Waa~ It's snowing a lot! (In reality, outside it's) very cold TT

NJH & LSK: Bok Joo land?

LSK: [singing city of stars]

NJH: What's Joon Hyung's land? [also singing]

Caption: Now in town! BokJooNyung couple's romantic harmony! (lol at couple name)

Caption: Very cute... The two people helping each other get rid of the snow!

Caption: Romantic in reality...

NJH: I'm even doing this out of love for you / I love you enough to do this (not sure quite how to translate)

LSK: Stay still, stay still

NJH: [singing]

LSK: STAY STILL

LSK: This is to remove it, not to hit you!

Caption: Making camera reveals! Joonhyung's hollywood action play

Caption: Joonhyung the drawer

NJH: [whining] I've been hit for 3 years, you can stop hitting me now!

Caption: 30 seconds before the kiss scene! BokJooNyung couple's sweet rehearsal!

LSK: If you don't do this correctly, my arm could be wrong like this

NJH: This much is good?

Caption: Once like this, twice like this

LSK: [practicing kiss]

NJH: [pulls BJ close]

Staff: Oh~~ He's a man~

Caption: Compliment our JH~

LSK: He's a man~

NJH: I've done this in elementary school kk

- kiss scene -

Director: Okay, JH finished!

JH: I'm going to meet Siho now~

BJ: YAH! I told you not to say that you're going to meet your ex gf in front of your current gf, don't make me mad SERIOUSLY!!!

NJH: [pats]

Caption: Sorry Bokjooyah~

On 26/12/2016 at 4:57 PM, AlexMao said:

@vaberella Well those two do have a bit of screen-time, but nothing that I can remember that gives off the same feelings those two pictures can. Since the two pictures are from the most recent episode, the only other stuff I can think about seeing them really interact was when the trio (Sun Ok, Tae Kwon and Nan Hee) were trying to stop Jae Yi from trying to run into Bok Joo. I mean if you really wanted to you could probably stretch something if you included their interaction during Shi Ho's sleep walking bit.

Did the two have anything to do with each other during the earlier episodes with the panty thief at the girls' dormitory? 

Yes and no.  Their "relationship" really started when JH kind of dumped him as babysitter and he was freaked out being between two girls. That's when he got to know them---episode two they knew of each other and I believe started to interact with one another.  Then there was the fight scene at the bar/dinner place with the thugs.  He grabbed the two ladie and BJ and JH ran off together.  Then of course there was the recent laundry room scene.  And if you look at the theme park episode TK spoke to SO after asking JH why not the invite.  So he added himself in her personal life.  I felt there was a few scenes to play with.  People aren't making 3 minute videos as much and I'd like a short one.  

As a note...why does everyone keep saying "SWAG"? They're not saying "SWAG"---they're saying "SWAY" then accompanying head tilt.  The head tilt showings the moving factor related to sway.  They've never said swag. 

Translation:

PD: Ah~ I'm nervous. [everyone laughs]

Caption: Make some noise!!! The BokJooNyung first kiss shooting that everyone has been waiting for

Camera Director: Joonhyungie looks nervous.

LSK: Since it's a scene Joonhyungie has to do.

NJH: How do I do this... for the many people watching... will I be able to give them plenty of satisfaction?

LSK: [to JH/director] It's a shame I wasn't able to show you beforehand, I have... if I did it... (can't hear properly)

Camera Director: [to JH] "Should I save the warehouse first kiss fantasy" you have developed a responsibility like this. (lol)

NJH: Yes, right now I'm worrying about that responsibility...

PD: We will make space for the two of you (by pushing the cart), and then after that...

Camera Director: If we do that, the angle won't be good... [TON OF LAUGHTER] (i have no idea why this is so funny)

PD: Comes one step closer... reaction is more like "OH?!"... there's one shot like this... he looks...

NJH & everyone: ACHOO

PD: I was trying to teach you how to give a kiss

LSK: Are you crazy??

LSK: [massaging shoulders] What?

Caption: Getting the angle carefully

NJH: If it's like that I won't look good

LSK: It'll be horizontal

NJH: This much will show up

LSK: Because your nose bridge is high...because your nose bridge is high.

Camera Director: It fell, it fell, what do we do if it fell?

NJH: We're kind of like Interstellar (talking about the bookshelf scene probably? lol)

Camera Director: Jonghoonah, go and get the LED!

Caption: How is it turning out? [as NJH is looking]

NJH: It's Interstellar...

NJH: "I thought I could have you if I did this... because you're my woman" (impersonation of Choi Min Soo's famous line in Sandglass)

LSK: [laughs]

NJH: "How much will it take?" (now a Wonbin impersonation from Autumn in my Heart where Wonbin tries to buy the female lead's love)

LSK: (can't hear what she says before) "How much will it take?" (also impersonating)

NJH & LSK: (chorus of "How much will it take?")

LSK: [after LED arrives] Wow! Can see well~

- kiss scene -

2 hours ago, koreanricegirl said:

I translated the BTS for 12 really quickly! for those of you that want to understand all of it haha

Thank youuuuu

do you mind if i subbed the vid?

this is so cute

6.5 HOURS TO WATCH!!!! :glasses:

Archived