[Drama 2017] The Ruler: Master of the Mask /The Emperor: Owner of the Mask 군주:가면의 주인

Go Seung Ji

1 hour ago, vangsweetie637 said:

@Kasmic LOLOLOLOL at your comment on shoving PD nim over and having our chingu @maryofbethany direct the kissing scenes :lol::lol: i bursted out laughing by how intricate you want mega zoom!! 

Oh yes! Our Gon is the one who needs some hugs from us! This man made me cry in this episode when he looked at his master for the last time and still couldn't touch her hand :bawling: DM killing HG even shocked Gon for a while there and he was not happy that DM would kill his own granddaughter. Poor Gon!! Poor daddy HG!! Poor HG! DM has no humanity left. Killing his granddaughter is just another level of his need for power and control. 

Dang it. Where is that OST..? It needs to be released on YT so i can listen to it :(

@vangsweetie637 @ktcjdrama @Kasmic @jakey09 huh,
see... MBC going back to Dae Jang Geum era,  whenever OTP kisses, they will shift the angle, throw in sweet lullaby, throw in the long lense... Pull into the far far distance.....
regarding Who are we to throw pots and tables and poison poppy-darts at, beside 'writernim'...
since i am asked to 'dethrone the PD' to 're-shoot some kiss scene', i better do a research over the Skeleton built-up of Who's Who Running the show right?
actually it is not just writernim's fault alone.

profile regarding the Man  'i was supposed to replace to shoot a kiss scene": PD Noh_Do_Chul (huh, didnt watch ALL his dramas, so no comments, maybe a little of "Make a Woman Cry" which is not my cup of tea.

Spoiler

and Park Won Gook, also of which 'i also supposed to kick out'....
ommo... no wonder, anyone watched YSH's Flames of ambition? this is the only drama that i didnt liked YSH in, at his past projects... so, Park Won Gook? no wonder! while Goddess of Fire is also Saeguk, but not Moon Geun Young's personal best, even thought Moon Geun Young is one Saeguk's queen, and she won pretty glaring awards for "Painter of the Wind", she wasnt really shine there....

Spoiler

Writernim Park Hye jin , which is the Object of many weeks of Hates and group lynch, literally has no profile to be found quickly. anyway i google and Actor "Park Hae-jin" appear, i want to cry. 

finally, next on the list to kick out, Executive Producer Kim Kyung Hee. her profile reads as follows:
so far the only 2 "more" outstanding projects are Hero (by Lee JunKi) and Lucky Romance (by Hwang Jung Eum, Ryu Joon Yul)...

Spoiler

why i bring out some digging into backgrounds (framework) of Ruler, means the whole framework actually needs teamwork,
its a body that need element organs to work well, from Producer, to Writernim, to Director, all 3 must work well, at least to have one outstanding element among these 3 (namely Producer, Writernim, Director), else no matter how well the Actors act... they will be handcuffed.
Producer is the Blood or Skeleton, that runs the system to allow life flow in, the Big Boss up there, the 'Yes-No'-Man. it all started here.
Writernim is the Brain that think out and plan how to live.
Director is the main organs, the nerves, the muscles, that bring out what the writernim decide, and execute that, the link between writernim and actors, that work directly with applying what writernim wants and what Actors' needs and lead actors' into their full capacities.
Actors, the soul of the body, the Senses, the Eyes, the Mouth, the Ears... without which all whole body paralysed and remain like a soulless animal.
in Ruler, at least i know nuts about the works of Director and Writernim, so the Body "Eyes, Mouth, Ears" (YSH, KSH, YSHee...etc) are left hanging without proper tutelage and directions.
why MBC treat this Ruler as their Main Attraction of the Year, the One Saving Grace that they promote as early as last year MBC Award, that they should find not just amateur writernim, but also Directors or Producer that not the top notch in their line... and actually its not about YoonSohee or HG afterall , you see.. (i am no YoonSoHee's fan, not speaking for her, i just ship HG and Gon very mildly only as a distraction to just ranting away).

not just KSH and YSH suffers. even Gon character goes suffering. why don't he has a better closure... some kind of moment where he shared his heart to Ahgasshi Mistress Kim (whatever he called her).... com'on, the guy don't even have a moment that he can touched her hand... but because of that lingerling in mid-air... it kills my heart and make me wept for few mins past mid-night refusing to sleep... at 1am... i finished LIVE Recap 7DayQueen and rush over to watch raw... goodness. and i was motivated by the Wrap up party where "Gon" appear with "HG"... okay, i am going to treat that 2 person who walked into the hotel ballroom as Gon and HG.. don't try to discourage me...
but i was really glad... he didnt take the dark path... he continued in what HG his One True Love wants him to do.. he went on to help Jeonha... the thing that he can let his beloved Mistress rest in peace. I supper loved the last scene, CW on his right and Gon on his left, our Jeonha, accept WB and his "My Majesty" acclamation and everyone fall gave obeisance, loved that all, MH, WB, CW, even MC from their hearts started to see Sun not as Seja but as the King from that moments, that Sun himself must be willing to take back his throne, rightful heir or not has nothing to do with what his father did to steal the throne, in essence, he is already holding the heart that beats for the People... i felt my whole being trembles, being moved to my inner core. this is IT ! (the one scene, and Gon's mourning scene that both PD and writernim did well. last night.)

that scene save the meh kiss scene. Ruler is very good when it comes to going full force into politic, Jeonha shine the brightest as Sun, radiance glares and blind your eyes, when he spoke and convinced his subject motivate them to fight on... my SUN came out of eclipse last night.

• Replies 11.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, vangsweetie637 said:

Thank you chingu! I will do that and see if it works for me :wink:

@kaoriharang Honestly, LS's greed gets uglier and uglier. I think in his eyes, he thinks what he is doing will protect his love ones and make him change his life around. But..you see..that is exactly what DM attempted too when he created PS (btw, if he created PS, what is up with those masked men in the cave then :blink:) our chingus here have discussed that LS is a reflection of his own DM making. His greed and jealousy is as ugly as DM's merciless tactics and manipulation. LS is always mentioning that he has all these plans..etc, but he is using others to do his work for him. It is dirty and he has also shed indirect blood (treason of our CP).

At one point, DM was human. Remember when he asked WB for advice and took it the wrong way, and became more evil than the ones before him. When he tasted how much power he had, he loved it so much that he forgot about what mattered and what not. I think that Daddy HG was okay with DM killing other people but..killing HG, his own, was unexpected and traumatic. No parents would ever want to outlive their child. I felt so bad for him because I think he really loved HG. DM, at one point, did too. I remember how they use to converse in earlier episodes. It was more casual and family like. Then got darker after she came back to join PS. The change shifted from there. And DM killing HG..that proves that he does not want to protect his love ones but wants to be in control. Like LS..the moment he became crazy was when he kept getting fed all these words from QD and HS. I would say he always had an intention to change his life and when given the chance to, took it. But he turned it all wrong by using and abusing those who meant something to him (CP/GE). Daddy HG hinted DM will die a lonely painful death. That is the foreshadowing right there. I still think the perfect words to describe these two parallels are tragic heroes. Both strayed far from good intentions now, made very bad choices, and will have to pay for their sins. We know LS will be back to commoner..but DM ain't going to survive. LS won't be killed. But i think DM will. And..who knows, it may be at the hands CP or Gon (to avenge his master)..or plot twist..daddy HG. Either way, DM will die alone and painfully. That's the hint for us right there :wink:

Awwww..look at those bts pictures! But for a moment there, I thought YSH/CP lost his arm LOL. Gave myself a fright there hahaha. 

I am going to miss HG and daddy HG *tearss*

the bts pictures are really beautiful! truly our shy shy couple is a visually beautiful couple (:

Just wondering, I know we all believe that LS would not die, but perhaps he will eventually? I don't know, I think for his mother and for his sister's sake I think it would be best that he doesnt.

But yes what you said about DM is really true, he was a better man, not really better but at least he showed signs of having some form of conscious. But I agree and I think that the stronger PSH grew, the more greedy DM got. I mean if PSH had remain small and maybe not so powerful, I dont think DM would have done all those horrible things.

I know its weird to sometimes compare DM and LS, but in many ways DM and LS are more similar than they are opposites. True they may not like each other and at times they are at opposite ends. But definitely, LS is somewhat following in DM's footsteps. when one gets the taste of power, one never lets go. NO matter what.

@maryofbethany thank you for the extra research you did chingu. I am not familiar with any of the names you mentioned but the one for Goddess of Fire caught my attention. Oh man..that drama had some flaws for me too..but that's for another time lol. You are right. It is a whole network of team and compromise. If one cannot be flexible or adjust then it will make the characters suffer too. Even i will like backstory for Gon (he is a minor character but i am so intrigued by him) so i have to force myself to think extra hard on his possible backstory. I wept for him in this episode for the smallest details of his scenes..his quiet tear drops, his so close but so far away hand reach. Oh god..how i wiped my tears, confused at why I am crying for a baddie. But then i realize..Gon wasn't bad. He was just someone trained to kill and take orders. To see a humane side of him..was heart breaking! I really hope the casts or some of them will reunite in another drama. And please..let another writer and team pick up on ShyShy couple! One with strong storyline and a support system that will be able to balance the elements out evenly. 

I also love that scene. Both CW and Gon at his sides, his loyal subjects around him and Seon at the center of his world.

25 minutes ago, vangsweetie637 said:

@maryofbethany thank you for the extra research you did chingu. I am not familiar with any of the names you mentioned but the one for Goddess of Fire caught my attention. Oh man..that drama had some flaws for me too..but that's for another time lol. You are right. It is a whole network of team and compromise. If one cannot be flexible or adjust then it will make the characters suffer too. Even i will like backstory for Gon (he is a minor character but i am so intrigued by him) so i have to force myself to think extra hard on his possible backstory. I wept for him in this episode for the smallest details of his scenes..his quiet tear drops, his so close but so far away hand reach. Oh god..how i wiped my tears, confused at why I am crying for a baddie. But then i realize..Gon wasn't bad. He was just someone trained to kill and take orders. To see a humane side of him..was heart breaking! I really hope the casts or some of them will reunite in another drama. And please..let another writer and team pick up on ShyShy couple! One with strong storyline and a support system that will be able to balance the elements out evenly. 

I also love that scene. Both CW and Gon at his sides, his loyal subjects around him and Seon at the center of his world.

@vangsweetie637

actually i was thinking, why don't she survived long enough to let Gon returns just in time to see HG gasping her last breathe, and she touched his cheek, (borrowed from GE and CP's scene, since i think writernim are not very creative, i am recycle some scenes). HG told Gon, "next life... at next life i say, you don't have to be 'My Person', just be "my man"........ then she wander off into her dreamscape of reminisce the first meeting of CP in his greenhouse, and the little sharp Pin dropped from her hands, drop into Gon's palm....

should be something like this isnt ? or to have her telling Gon.. "Gon-ah, if only i met you first..... let's do that next life...." her icy cold palm briefly touched his chin.... then fell by the side....
or have her asking one last time, "Gon-ah, you are my person right"...
then Gon said, "ahgasshi, yes,. how am i going to live on..... ", HG smiled her sweetest smile, cut short what he's going to say, " i know.. i know....".....

or Gon's tears dripped onto her face, she felt it and wipe his tears... just said... "Gon-ah...."
see, i am very generous, i am reducing to only "Gon-ah"...
and writernim cannot give me just that.

the King Loves is coming soon, what the very famous Song Ji-Nah, (writernim of Healer) hemming the writernim's pen leading her group of writernims. was thinking, just why don't Song JiNah writes Ruler? (the King Loves is a MBC production)
if Ruler supposed to be the Jewel on the Crown of MBC 2017? now i a little worry Song JiNah's comeback will be wasted by any crappy production, and waste the 3 main-casts' efforts and talent. Let's see whether a skilled talent Writernim can save the day under MBC.

Spoiler

1 hour ago, kaoriharang said:

the bts pictures are really beautiful! truly our shy shy couple is a visually beautiful couple (:

Just wondering, I know we all believe that LS would not die, but perhaps he will eventually? I don't know, I think for his mother and for his sister's sake I think it would be best that he doesnt.

But yes what you said about DM is really true, he was a better man, not really better but at least he showed signs of having some form of conscious. But I agree and I think that the stronger PSH grew, the more greedy DM got. I mean if PSH had remain small and maybe not so powerful, I dont think DM would have done all those horrible things.

I know its weird to sometimes compare DM and LS, but in many ways DM and LS are more similar than they are opposites. True they may not like each other and at times they are at opposite ends. But definitely, LS is somewhat following in DM's footsteps. when one gets the taste of power, one never lets go. NO matter what.

Judging from the spoiler, i keep leaning towards LS not dying. However, a spoiler doesn't mean he won't die too so if he does, it may be his last redemption to make up his wrongs. But then i think, that will be too cruel for his mom and sister, and perhaps they will be the reason he lives. GE knows he is changing so I am sure she knows that he is planning on keeping the throne that is not his.

DM and LS are really similar except for the fact that DM has been greedy much longer than LS and has tasted power longer than LS. But that's the dangerous part right? One can't be young forever. DM will eventually fade away because he has lasted so long unlike LS who is still young and can last until old age in greed and power. If this drama was back in the old days 40+ episodes, we would definitely see LS grow more crazy. But even his character has voids which we viewers are forced to think extra hard. At least, though, we can see his greed and lust for more power. But i am going to be so mad at how he handles GE tomorrow, yanking her wrist like that! 

@maryofbethany the scene you describe of Gon and HG is so beautiful. If only writers develop Gon/HG like that, then it would have turned the love full circle for him. But the writers gave us small details which i wept for because Gon is a favorite baddie of mine :tongue: if only we could have seen more. Just a bit tiney more.

As for TKL..i am dreading the love triangles too. Not a very strong heart when it comes to any shapes of love except the one that only involves 2 ends that meet haha. Like Ruler, i am so happy GE and CP never strayed from their feelings or get involved romantically with the second leads. I would have really love HG/Gon if writers were able to develop it strongly. But I will have to settle with Gon being a part of our Sun's galaxy now. And he will be a really strong star :D really love CW and Gon by Sun's side.

Aye phone lagging. Again. I will head to sleep instead then :) see you guys for recap tomorrow :D

@vangsweetie637 regarding DM's humanity, I agree that DM has lost every bit of his humanity when he killed his own granddaughter. He craves submission, probably worship too, instead of familial ties nor even loyalty. Is his son not going to be loyal to him? I'm sure he will be, but he wasn't submissive/obedient enough, for he keeps failing at the responsibilities given to him.

DM might have started with good intention when seeking power, to protect his loved ones. He is a misguided person, and probably already inherently evil, which is why he had mistaken WB's wise advice, going for the easy fast way no matter humane or not. And the moment he started using poison to control others, it spelled out his selfishness. Yes he was able to protect his family, but at the expense of other people's family. I remember the early episodes when people are dying of poison left right center just for him to drive his point across to the late king. That was cruel. But I had thought, fine, he was doing it all to preserve the power he has, so as to protect his loved ones. Last night's episode proved otherwise though. He said it himself, the heart of PSH (or maybe himself too) is the poppy field. His real precious baby is the PSH, not his son, nor his granddaughter. I mean, there are many ways to punish HG severely instead of taking her life. And what's even more exasperating for me was that he showed no grief, no pain, no hesitation at all afterwards. Let's say it was a moment of heat, a moment of anger, we would have seen at least streak of guilt/remorse from him for that action. But no, nothing. Not until his son came and threw it to his face that we see a little bit of tears in his eyes. That is even still accompanied with fury. So we actually are not clear whether it was due to regret of his action, or anger that his son is leaving him after lecturing him. That poppy field was truly his most precious, or should I say, his power was more precious than anything else in the world. Did you notice how he was huffing and puffing when he arrived at field? Also when he was first notified that the field was burning. His anxiety and rush to get there. I wonder if the news of her granddaughter hanging onto her last lifeline, would he also have rushed out on his horse like that? We hardly see any stirred emotions from him, except the time when CP presented him with flower, and then when news of burning poppy field reached him. DM has let power got the better of him. The greed to remain in power has consumed his last bit of humanity.

As for who is worse, DM or LS.... well, LS is probably still redeemable at this point, considering he hasn't gotten anyone killed yet, has he? I've forgotten. (Not including CP, coz that was indirect and he didn't know CP was going to be killed). DM ruthlessly kills people. He doesn't value lives, at all. LS, no matter how dark he has gotten, is just a delusional person who thought he could do everything just because he has power. I am hoping once confronted with the life and death of his family, he would be able to choose wisely. I wish he doesn't have to die because it will be too devastating for his mother. I have no idea how the writers will redeem him though. Make him go back to his cowardice personality? I have no idea.... surprise me, writer....

16 minutes ago, vangsweetie637 said:

Judging from the spoiler, i keep leaning towards LS not dying. However, a spoiler doesn't mean he won't die too so if he does, it may be his last redemption to make up his wrongs. But then i think, that will be too cruel for his mom and sister, and perhaps they will be the reason he lives. GE knows he is changing so I am sure she knows that he is planning on keeping the throne that is not his.

DM and LS are really similar except for the fact that DM has been greedy much longer than LS and has tasted power longer than LS. But that's the dangerous part right? One can't be young forever. DM will eventually fade away because he has lasted so long unlike LS who is still young and can last until old age in greed and power. If this drama was back in the old days 40+ episodes, we would definitely see LS grow more crazy. But even his character has voids which we viewers are forced to think extra hard. At least, though, we can see his greed and lust for more power. But i am going to be so mad at how he handles GE tomorrow, yanking her wrist like that! 

The whole grabbing of the wrist, is something that is quite common in korea hah! I have seen normal people grab each other wrist :tongue:

But anyway, yes it is definitely not right for LS to handle GE, remember what YS said, GE is someone that must be treated with respect! Back to the point, I agree that as much as I want LS dead, if I think about his mother and sister, perhaps it is not the best. It is clear that YS would not execute LS, he may have to go through some punishment but I really doubt YS would hold LS accountable. I think right now, what matters most of taking DM and PSH out!

I dont know if LS really has tasted power, i mean for so long he was only a puppet king, would it be that now that LS is in a position where he can have power. He is now really greedy to claim that power as his and his alone. Thats also why he is so uptight about being the REAL king!

7 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

@vangsweetie637 regarding DM's humanity, I agree that DM has lost every bit of his humanity when he killed his own granddaughter. He craves submission, probably worship too, instead of familial ties nor even loyalty. Is his son not going to be loyal to him? I'm sure he will be, but he wasn't submissive/obedient enough, for he keeps failing at the responsibilities given to him.

DM might have started with good intention when seeking power, to protect his loved ones. He is a misguided person, and probably already inherently evil, which is why he had mistaken WB's wise advice, going for the easy fast way no matter humane or not. And the moment he started using poison to control others, it spelled out his selfishness. Yes he was able to protect his family, but at the expense of other people's family. I remember the early episodes when people are dying of poison left right center just for him to drive his point across to the late king. That was cruel. But I had thought, fine, he was doing it all to preserve the power he has, so as to protect his loved ones. Last night's episode proved otherwise though. He said it himself, the heart of PSH (or maybe himself too) is the poppy field. His real precious baby is the PSH, not his son, nor his granddaughter. I mean, there are many ways to punish HG severely instead of taking her life. And what's even more exasperating for me was that he showed no grief, no pain, no hesitation at all afterwards. Let's say it was a moment of heat, a moment of anger, we would have seen at least streak of guilt/remorse from him for that action. But no, nothing. Not until his son came and threw it to his face that we see a little bit of tears in his eyes. That is even still accompanied with fury. So we actually are not clear whether it was due to regret of his action, or anger that his son is leaving him after lecturing him. That poppy field was truly his most precious, or should I say, his power was more precious than anything else in the world. Did you notice how he was huffing and puffing when he arrived at field? Also when he was first notified that the field was burning. His anxiety and rush to get there. I wonder if the news of her granddaughter hanging onto her last lifeline, would he also have rushed out on his horse like that? We hardly see any stirred emotions from him, except the time when CP presented him with flower, and then when news of burning poppy field reached him. DM has let power got the better of him. The greed to remain in power has consumed his last bit of humanity.

As for who is worse, DM or LS.... well, LS is probably still redeemable at this point, considering he hasn't gotten anyone killed yet, has he? I've forgotten. (Not including CP, coz that was indirect and he didn't know CP was going to be killed). DM ruthlessly kills people. He doesn't value lives, at all. LS, no matter how dark he has gotten, is just a delusional person who thought he could do everything just because he has power. I am hoping once confronted with the life and death of his family, he would be able to choose wisely. I wish he doesn't have to die because it will be too devastating for his mother. I have no idea how the writers will redeem him though. Make him go back to his cowardice personality? I have no idea.... surprise me, writer....

Just a question, when the fire happen it was clear that MC and MH were at the field, those flowers were not destroyed. So my assumption to say that not the whole field was destroyed is true? Just that from whatever is left, there is very litter and nothing much can be done. ESPECIALLY since those girls escaped as well, no one else to help him make the poison am I right?

I think the question is that yes LS has never swung a sword to kill someone, but like what we said before with HG. Just because you have never physically killed does not mean you are not guilty from killing someone. Indirectly LS has, the very fact that he stood there and watched as YS got poisoned, and dying. He could walk away from that situation and be happy about it. That does not make him any less better than DM. But yes, I agree with you at this point LS is more redeemable. Mainly because, he has developed this twisted mind because of being greedy or whatever. If he goes back to being a coward, oh my gosh that is equally as bad.

I still cannot see how he will get redeem. I think at this point, not even GE can bring LS back. It may be left to his sister and his mother.

mmmm...wondering who are the people behind the mask in the cave :ph34r: not the addicted ministers right? so mysterious :blink:

CP sitting in the middle...with CW standing in right and Gon in left is just  :wub:

God please help GE find the jar safely...jaebal!

edit : bet LS is being anesthetized so that CP can enter the court to unmasked himself  :tongue:

7 hours ago, sakura2016 said:

I think Dea Mok is actually different than Lee Seon since Dea Mok really started all this to prevent losing more of his loved ones though he ended up killing his own blood but Lee Seon didn't start all this for the good of the people nor does he really care for them now,i

I wonder about this, you remember back then when LS's father was killed and he almost did something stupid to avenge him, and how poor they were and that he was beat around both by PS group and by the ppl who hated him for being an employee (to think about it, he has always worked for them some way or other lol) and how much he wanted to change this. True he has never done anything to change the miserable situation and only started acting to get his hands on GE, but I guess deep in his heart he remembers the fear and hatred he felt and that he wanted his family and friends to live a better life. Of course it's more of an excuse now, but who knows how genuine DM's sentiments to protect ever were? We barely know anything about him tbh.

53 minutes ago, kaoriharang said:

Just a question, when the fire happen it was clear that MC and MH were at the field, those flowers were not destroyed. So my assumption to say that not the whole field was destroyed is true? Just that from whatever is left, there is very litter and nothing much can be done. ESPECIALLY since those girls escaped as well, no one else to help him make the poison am I right?

I guess the fire just started and hadn't spread to the part where MC and MH were at. They were not in the middle but around the outskirt of the field, a safe place away from the watchtower view. Glad that they were able to save some flowers so antidote can be developed.

1 hour ago, katherinyyyy said:

OST Part 16 now on YT :D

Thanks for sharing... I think I like her singing better in LFG's OST song instead of this one. She has a decent voice, but this is not an easy song, and also the mixing could've been done better so as not to drown out her voice.

14 hours ago, kaoriharang said:

hmm, I am not sure if DM will continue to use GE as a tool. Looking at the preview, we see GE in a court lady outfit, which can be one of two things. 1. DM actually force her demotion (meaning GE not to be Queen) 2. She is wearing a disguise. I am more incline to say that she got 'demoted' seeing as how the other ministers did not like the idea of GE being Queen.

Hmm, at this point I am still unsure about the QD potential. I know she wants CP died, but even so... I dont see how she can carry out her plans @vangsweetie637 @herina_90 @sakura2016 @joyspartace_stv what do you guys think? is the QD still a potential enemy?

I think LS knows what he has become, I dont think he doesnt. But I believe he always blames what he has become on something else; mainly CP. It doesnt look like a marriage ceremony to me, if anything it could be some other form of celebration. At least I think so, especially after seeing GE in the court lady outfit.

I dont think DM intends to pass the power onto anyone, why not just keep it for himself. He must have known that the moment he killed his granddaughter- and she was the best candidate for succession.

I think he made the decision on his own. But before that decree, he did go to DM and speak to him probably about CP. I am not sure if GE was mentioned in that conversation. I think DM wouldnt have approved of GE's succession to become Queen.

Hmmm, true you know what they say about kids they are able to read people better actually. So perhaps she does realise something is off about him. Hmm but if thats the case he should have used that jade a long time ago, the moment he gets rid of the mask problem solved. Well maybe cause he is/was fearful of DM. Now it seems he thinks he has the skills to get rid of both.

You know what they say about greed right, the more you accumulate, the more it is harder to be satisfied with what you have. Hmm but since there is that decree, I guess it has been decided that GE is to be Queen? No? Doesn't she have to go through more training before she can even become one? 

DM won't demote her. He knows LS is unhinged and he can only control him with GE. Poison is not a very good motivation. He even came to the brink of death during the money minting matter just because he wanted GE.

14 hours ago, vangsweetie637 said:

@YourHighness . Agree! Indirect deaths is still a death. I also knew she would die but didn't think it would be at the hands of DM himself. I expected that he would pick another punishment: exile, cut off relationship, etc but didn't think he would kill her just like that..and in the moment. Now he has lost it all..what good will it do if he has no heirs..i can already see it. He willl become that laughing lunatic villain who goes crazy and perhaps he will be his own downfall. Do you think that is even possible for a person like him given how evil he is?

@sakura2016 i am not surprised that his little sister is intimidated by him. The way he acts is not of her status. All she has known is the way of the village. She is not used to royal and he intimidates her from his royal attempts to make her feel like her life is better at the palace. I have yet to watch the sub though. But..like you, kids often sense it faster when something isn't right. I think Kkolmol feels it too. LS wants everything because he thinks he deserves a different life but he forgot that his sister and mom doesn't want a new life. They just want to be together.

@kengtabakur: i am not sure if he is the general or not. Can't really see too clearly :)

I am so happy to see Gon and CW both by the sides of CP. One on the left. One on the right :D

@findit Omo!! I love that sweet smile too! Awwwww!!!

Edit

@kaoriharang i just saw your question to me about QD. I will be back to give you my thoughts on it later :wink:

I think a part of him thought his son is so spineless he would continue being with him even after HG's death. And I think a part of him still thinks his son may come back to him if he was in danger. But he is too far gone and maybe he realizes it?

13 hours ago, sakura2016 said:

our King identifying himself as the real King YAAAAAAY :love: 

don't think marriage but another kindof celebration that I don't know whatit can be but it's helping our King and his team to sneak into the palace :D:wink: 

hhhhhhh yeah Lee Seon has apparently forgotten about the poison he needs every 15 days :lol: let's see how his plan will backfire on him hhhhhhhhh :naughty: 

did you forget that our King was still too young to be a King so it was a matter of time before Dea Mok knwoing about the late King's trick on him and do just like he did with him when he found out about Lee Seon being a stand-in? plus Dea Mok wasn't a fool and he saw through the late King's plans to kill him while initiating the fake CP and could see how Lee Seon was fake so the late King's plan was a fail from the start!! 

pathetic-disgusting-scum :rage: 

oh!! IT'S THE GENERAL!! (you can see his beard) HE'S BACK!! YAAAAAAY 

I don't think Lee Seon will demote Ga Eun especially with his growing obsession and need to make her his woman and win her over to mke her believe he's a capable King not a pupppet one and demoting her on Dea Mok's orders will ruin his plans!!

the Queen won't become an angel now so she's still an ennemy but she can be of help for now when she has the chance to be on our King's side and gain her power and authority back!!

he think he's right and what he did to our King was what our King deserved and that he deserve becoming a real King since he suffered for years as a fake one!! he's dellusion is BIG!! 

he wasn't planning on making his granddaughter a Queen but for our King and since he refused so her becoming a Queen candidte end but he wanted the Queen to be from their side not the Queen to break the Queen's powers and authority!! 

Dea Mok wouldn't agree to it for sure!!

like you said he was afraid of Dea Mok and had no intention on going against him but now that he wants to act as a real King he's starting to think of ways to get rid of him and reveal himself as the King with no need to askand wait for Dea Mok's approval!!

he's greed won't be satisfied for sure since Ga Eun won't give him her heart and the truth that he's not a real King will always hunt him!!...I think it was announced that she's to be the Queen which reached our King and Dea Mok but there is still time till she becomes the Queen I believe!!

Nope. The late King had no intention or even thought of dying. The plan was always to fool DM and destroy PSG. It was a possibility but he'd wanted CP to be a strong king. I am sure they would have acted like the CP was taking the poison but too bad it all went to hell due to HG. LOL, you are so much sympathetic and understanding of her while I am not.

8 hours ago, rainbowhills said:

And i'm afraid writers would make GE can't take the pot again and needs help for her impending marriage -_-

Hmm..I think she will get the contents but will be imprisoned. LS in the preview looked teary eyed with anger that she was trying to leave him.

7 hours ago, sakura2016 said:

I think Dea Mok is actually different than Lee Seon since Dea Mok really started all this to prevent losing more of his loved ones though he ended up killing his own blood but Lee Seon didn't start all this for the good of the people nor does he really care for them now,in my opinion, Lee Seon started all this to have Ga Eun and he's still the same only getting crazier with time and him joining hands with his ennemy since that's the only way to gain power than he'll start fighting for his people is pure trush he lies with it to himself and Ga Eun and that's why he stopped her for talking more in the matter since he knows hat she's right (how much I loved it when she told him that by the time he'll start fighting for the people they'll be all dead by then because of what he did with the bad people, that was great from her and a great slap for him) beside he's trying to prove he's the real King to himself and Ga Eun so she forget about our King and see him as a worthy King and person and accept his feelings (in his stupid thinking) but it's not about protecting and helping the people against Pyunsoohwe, that's a result that will come (in his mind) but not the intention!!

I don't know about that time's way of living but I really loved how he abondant his father just like he abondant him!! 

it must bring old feelings and memories to put that mask on again but with different determination and feelings after all these years!! 

we didn't get to see/know about Lee Seon's plan yet, we saw what was his deal with Dea Mok: let me have Ga Eun as my Queen I'll give you the real CP but how we didn't get to see that yet!! 

when they mentioned the mark on his shoulder I was "you won't poison him now to confirm his identity right?" but I guess they will since the jar apparently has a document made by the King in which he talks about how the real CP has that mark on his shoulder as areaction to being poisoned so they'll need that jar/document and to poison our King again (really?) to prove that he's the real CP...thinking about it, will they show us his bare shoulder again? :wink: that's not bad after all :tongue: hhhhhh

but everyone know who she is so wearing a different outfit will make her stand out and suspicious more I think!! and our King was planing on entering the palace so will he ask her to get out when he's to get in? don't think so!!

@jakey09 Lee Seon said those words but to the Queen  not Ga Eun who was threatening that she can bring the real CP back and dethrone him the fake one and he crushed her bubble telling her that our King "died", well as he know till then :lol: their conversation was ammusing actually, two dogs barking at each other trying to show they are stornger than the other :lol: 

let's hope so, now our OTP will be on same place/palace so they'll meet for sure :wink: 

I think the plan is simple..the only way to draw out CP is by announcing his marriage to GE. CP will come no matter what. It's called one arrow, two prey. CP will die and he will get to marry GE.

6 hours ago, vangsweetie637 said:

As much as I cry and love this episode, I will definitely have to say that I actually like the flow. Every thing is happening fast and I love it. But for sure, it will be rushed next week which I hope they tie up loose ends well. And happy solid ending!

Love that extra kiss added for us, and the reunion of OTP. Finally, they are telling each other their plans :D

I also love how GE encouraged CP when he questioned his right as a King. Like wifey to hubby :wub: oh, that scene we saw when CE announced GE as Queen..it was the scene we thought was cut out from last week..but it wasn't. It was for this scene today.

I was reading and came across a statement that should be opened up for discussion. Very interesting statement. 

Was HG the last humanity left in DM, and by killing her, he killed the last of his humanity?

I have never been shown a humane side to DM since this drama aired. He has been shown as a merciless villain. He doted and loved HG and even granted Gon as a gift per her birthday wish 5 years ago. He was not proud when she left. But happy when she showed how skillful she is. Yet felt betrayed by her but gave chances. And in the end, he killed her. He almost killed his own son. Was this humanity, or just desperation to have someone fit enough to lead PS? A long time ago, when his reasons was to protect his love ones, his humanity was there. But along the way, the hunger for power and control took over. He was willing to kill and manipulate anyone. I don't think he ever had much humanity left. HG and his son were the last of his blood. And yet, he killed her for PS. Hence, his humanity was never really there. 

@kaoriharang @YourHighness . @sakura2016 @rhaps @googleme @mindstar @rainbowhills @ferily @joyspartace_stv @ktcjdrama @jakey09 @chelseab @Kasmic @findit @herina_90and my other Monarch chingus..

What do you guys think?

Awwww..yay! More BTS!! :D

I think he killed her because she betrayed him and if he had not punished her then his power within the group would have lessened and the members would have questioned his partiality and taken HG as his weakness, using her against him leading to his downfall. Loosing power is something he cannot do.

1 hour ago, nurlayla said:

mmmm...wondering who are the people behind the mask in the cave :ph34r: not the addicted ministers right? so mysterious :blink:

CP sitting in the middle...with CW standing in right and Gon in left is just  :wub:

God please help GE find the jar safely...jaebal!

edit : bet LS is being anesthetized so that CP can enter the court to unmasked himself  :tongue:

LS did say he will drink anything GE brings to him. :wink: But with CP back in the picture, will LS trust anything she brings to him? Or will HS warn him off?

14 hours ago, Katrina Abdul Talib said:

Am referring to her "eyes" earlier. We can learn many things by looking into the eyes of the person. This is something missing in KSH :)

http://www.spring.org.uk/2011/12/what-the-eyes-reveal-10-messages-my-pupils-are-sending-you.php

I feel everything from the eyes of KSH. I do not know why we are different.

But I can only say, human judgment is sometimes not objective. Without we realize sometimes we include our feelings.

While the human feeling is siding.

48 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

I guess the fire just started and hadn't spread to the part where MC and MH were at. They were not in the middle but around the outskirt of the field, a safe place away from the watchtower view. Glad that they were able to save some flowers so antidote can be developed.

So is it the correct conclusion to say that the poppy field is NOT completely destroyed. But I am thankful that MH and MC went to go and collect some flowers in hope of getting the antidote.

11 minutes ago, kiko11 said:

I feel everything from the eyes of KSH. I do not know why we are different.

But I can only say, human judgment is sometimes not objective. Without we realize sometimes we include our feelings.

While the human feeling is siding.

I agree that when it comes to anything related to the performing art, we all have our own preference. But I am one for that KSH's acting is really good and her eyes definitely do tell something.

Just one more quick question: with KSH's OST out, hers is the final OST? Are we expecting anymore? Since next week is the last week I would guess not?

11 minutes ago, kaoriharang said:

So is it the correct conclusion to say that the poppy field is NOT completely destroyed. But I am thankful that MH and MC went to go and collect some flowers in hope of getting the antidote.

But by the time DM came, it was all destroyed. Look at the aerial shot. Compare end of last week episode when HG just ignited the fire with when DM arrived. It was all black, no more pretty (tho' poisonous) flowers.... Sorry don't know how to insert pic from my screenshot.

Archived