[Drama 2017] The Ruler: Master of the Mask /The Emperor: Owner of the Mask 군주:가면의 주인

Go Seung Ji

@sakura2016 Yep! So it wouldn't make sense to why they are all in white, right? I was also thinking..perhaps they are arrested but was brought to where they are making antidotes so that they can get the antidotes. So if it not is a group picture, it can be part of the scene. That makes sense too. Awww..I am really going to miss speculating with everyone here :bawling: okay. I won't think of it for now. Will just happily wait for the finale and enjoy the rest of what is still to come with all of you guys! :D

• Replies 11.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, vangsweetie637 said:

@sakura2016 Yep! So it wouldn't make sense to why they are all in white, right? I was also thinking..perhaps they are arrested but was brought to where they are making antidotes so that they can get the antidotes. So if it not is a group picture, it can be part of the scene. That makes sense too. Awww..I am really going to miss speculating with everyone here :bawling: okay. I won't think of it for now. Will just happily wait for the finale and enjoy the rest of what is still to come with all of you guys! :D

why bring them to get the antidote not go to give it to them? and so no need for Ga Eun, Guisang and Woo Bo to meet them and they (our King's team) are wearing clothes of still working on the antidote as well!! hmmmmm

hhhhhhhh right!! it's only less than 48 hours for our new episodes so we'll get the answers soon :wink::D 

7 minutes ago, jakey09 said:

I want a bed scene!!!!!!!!!!! Before we leave. @vangsweetie637 @sakura2016

:lol::lol:

Of course! I still haven't given up on that yet! Will hope until the very end. And..if not..at least another kiss and hug..but much longer..please :tongue: this is what i am going to miss most too about this thread. Our hopes and prayers and desires for more OTP haha. 

12 minutes ago, vangsweetie637 said:
21 minutes ago, jakey09 said:

Of course! I still haven't given up on that yet! Will hope until the very end. And..if not..at least another kiss and hug..but much longer..please :tongue: this is what i am going to miss most too about this thread. Our hopes and prayers and desires for more OTP haha. 

hhhhhh I'd LOVE that :wub: but how can we get that? can we have it when our King take the poison again but willingly and knowingly this time to prove his identity? :wink: and we will get to see his bare shoulder again? :wub: oh my...am I using our King getting poisoned into my fangirling dreams? that's desperation!! :lol::tongue: 

hhhhhhhhhh yeah I'll miss our desperate fangirling prayers and wishes!! :lol: 

15 minutes ago, vangsweetie637 said:

We can move to shippers thread and do our prayers/hopes there! :lol:

7 minutes ago, sakura2016 said:

hhhhhh I'd LOVE that :wub: but how can we get that? can we have it when our King take the poison again but willingly and knowingly this time to prove his identity? :wink: and we will get to see his bare shoulder again? :wub: oh my...am I using our King getting poisoned into my fangirling dreams? that's desperation!! :lol::tongue: 

WHICH REMINDS ME! In the previous page, there's a picture of our CP in a normal robe? GE is in front of him, I think.... is that a new picsture or something?! 

I am so sorry for being so inactive in the last few days. so busy with certain stuff, clearing things out of the way so I can have time to wake up early for the live broadcast of the final episodes ):

ahahahah! as I was reading the old pages, I'm realizing we're just a bunch of greedy people. aha! after the first kiss, with how the story was going, we lost all hope for another kiss and had only wish for just one more! now that we got the second kiss, we're suddenly wishing for one more last kiss! ahahaha! 

I'm going to keep my heart/mind calm and just hope that we could at least get a hug or more final scenes together. With the final fight going down between CP & DM, I could see the final episodes focusing more on them which isn't a problem. But it would be really nice if we could have some decent amount of final OTP scenes. I'm a bit worried that the spoilers we got of the beautiful garden (of them standing there, a lot of us are suspecting that to be the finale scene) would be the bits and pieces of a scene w/ OTP. 

I mean, from the trailer and how hard GE was searching for the contents in the pot & the picture that MC posted up w/ GE's scratches scene on her hands - I wonder if CP would notice it and *giggles* overdramatically worry over it ahahah!

OH! Does the same rule apply for this? A woman must not have any scratch or injuries on her to become queen?

16 minutes ago, jakey09 said:

We can move to shippers thread and do our prayers/hopes there! :lol:

WHICH REMINDS ME! In the previous page, there's a picture of our CP in a normal robe? GE is in front of him, I think.... is that a new picsture or something?! 

hhhhhhhhhhhh

you mean white clothes?!! that's  BTS from his scene with Ga Eun and Dea Mok facing each other before being dragged to the initiation retuals!!

10 minutes ago, joyspartace said:

I am so sorry for being so inactive in the last few days. so busy with certain stuff, clearing things out of the way so I can have time to wake up early for the live broadcast of the final episodes ):

ahahahah! as I was reading the old pages, I'm realizing we're just a bunch of greedy people. aha! after the first kiss, with how the story was going, we lost all hope for another kiss and had only wish for just one more! now that we got the second kiss, we're suddenly wishing for one more last kiss! ahahaha! 

I'm going to keep my heart/mind calm and just hope that we could at least get a hug or more final scenes together. With the final fight going down between CP & DM, I could see the final episodes focusing more on them which isn't a problem. But it would be really nice if we could have some decent amount of final OTP scenes. I'm a bit worried that the spoilers we got of the beautiful garden (of them standing there, a lot of us are suspecting that to be the finale scene) would be the bits and pieces of a scene w/ OTP. 

I mean, from the trailer and how hard GE was searching for the contents in the pot & the picture that MC posted up w/ GE's scratches scene on her hands - I wonder if CP would notice it and *giggles* overdramatically worry over it ahahah!

OH! Does the same rule apply for this? A woman must not have any scratch or injuries on her to become queen?

happy you can join us whenever you can :D 

hhhhhh only now you realised that?!! :lol: we hoped for the 2nd kiss to be at least the final kiss but they were generous to give us a 2nd kiss so we can be greedy and ask for a 3rd one!! :lol::tongue: 

I believe that spoiler picture was a moment but not the only moment we will get between our OTP, let's hope and pray for them to be kind and generoys to us :wink: hhhhh

I can see him overdramaically worry over his to-be-Queen scratches on her hand :D:wub: 

even if it does it won't be a probleme here since our King won't listen to anyone telling him not to marry Ga Eun plus she was cut while trying to help him regaining his rights and throne back so she's to be rewarded not disqualified from becoming the Queen!! :wink: 

On 7/9/2017 at 4:33 PM, kaoriharang said:

HAHA i am not saying that there is an placenta or the umbilical cord in the jar. It is just that someone ask if the drawing of the jar was by someone. My answer was that i think no one drew anything, that it was an example of a placenta jar, which was a jar that said. So just saying that the jar is a royal tradition used before. I also dont believe that a placenta or an umbilical cord was put in the jar to identity CP. That is just to give some background context.

As for the SaWoo, my assumption is that is his name? But someone who knows korean needs to help verify this. @findit do you know?

LOL @vangsweetie637 had mentioned the placenta in the jar so I mentioned that it was very unlikely to be that. :lol:

On 7/9/2017 at 8:13 PM, sakura2016 said:

Chief Eunch!!

the painting of the jar is in a seperated paper from the book chingu, it's not part of the book but placed inside it for Ga Eun to see it without the court ladies around her realising!!

he can die fixing his own mistakes so no much guilt for our King...who am I kidding? our King feel guild over everyone's death *sigh*

it's impossible!! he's aware that Lee Seon won't leave Ga Eun away from him and he must took her back with him to the palace!!

and I'm melting at this :wub: and I'm sure our King will save Lee Seon if/when he find him in danger from Dea Mok!!

Woo Bo told our King and the rest of the team about the jar when he told him about the way to confirm our King's identity since only his testimoney about our King's healing mark on his body won't be enough and what's inside the jar can help him more!!

Hide contents

in Faith the King was nice but was a bit too weak who needed Choi Young in every step, not only as a guard but with his smart brain too!!

oh yeah, I'm happy for Woo Bo for finding a great student like our King :lol: poor him he keeps giving lessens but others keep taking it the complete wrong way!! :huh: hhhhhh 

hhhhhhh if she try it again I'll kill her myself :naughty: hhhhh but tillthen I'll trust her!! I think she saw how she lost everything and everyone on her side and had no one by her side nor authority and power to use but still got help and care from the one who should be gloating at her state and feel satisfaction for it but instead he had no grudge against her and wanted to help her sincerely and asked for her help with no threats nor using his care and attelpt to save her as his leverage to get her to his side and I can see her being moved by him and wants to help him get his throne back!!

he was there and the grave is near so I can understand him wanting to go there!! 

from what I know and explained in the thread Sawo means swordsmanship teacher and a friend at the same time which is what Chung Woon is since he's our King's teacher of swordsmanship but also his friend :wink: 

from what I know yes, every King needs to have a Queen, Concubines and Court Ladies :rolleyes: but he can shose to be a man of one woman IF that woman gave him kids, if not then he's to go for another woman even if he doesn't want to...ok, I hate this...

that's how I see it, I think even if they have different quarters because each one of them has their duties as King and Queen and their quarters are like meeting place with others they'll need to meet with :lol: but they still can be at each othrer's quarters whenever they want not only to sleep and they can sleep in the same place (his or her quarter) every day if they want to, the living seperatly can be more for Kings who have more than one woman who he wants to spend his nights with but Kings who loves their Queens they act like normal husband and wife in our time!! and our King won't need Concubines nor Court Ladies since he only love and see our Queen Ga Eun!! :wink::wub: 

our King always call Chung Woon by Sawoo chingu, not by his name!! 

Nope, I still cant buy her redemption. She can easily go back to scheming after all her people and her are saved by CP and GE. I can never trust a monster who tried to kill an innocent newborn.

23 hours ago, vangsweetie637 said:

Im back :)

@sakura2016 awww..all those fan vids make me miss our OTP and drama even more, knowing it will be done in just a few more days :( also, yes in Faith, the king was pretty weak minded. But he was kind at least haha. I seen many dramas where the King was ruthless or dictating. The total opposite of our real King here :wink: and for sure he will only have GE as his one and only :wub:

@YourHighness . @kaoriharang 

Being kind, open hearted and giving is indeed not weak. It is one of the traits of our CP that makes me admire him as the King :wink: haha for LS, he has done so many wrongs that I cannot see how he will be redeemed. He even openly accused CP of being fake. Argh. But i was thinking..when he and KM was in greenhouse..KM asked if he can just go live with her, mommy and GE at the herb store. So i am thinking it is a hint of why he is back in commoner clothes. Good thing is..we only have 3 more days to wait until we know the answer. Haha talking about the placenta jar, because of its name i thought there will be a placenta in there or something but i am aiming towards more some kind of writing that will prove or have steps that will prove his identity. I also think they might try the poison test because why will QD be there with a cup? And I rem WB said something that the contents in the jar will further prove his ability to be immune or something like that? And as stated, the dragon on the jar represents royalty and king.

I was watching the bts of kiss scene. The director told YSH and KSH that the hugging should be more powerful..and when they hugged again, it was too powerful and they almost could have fallen off balance hahahaha. I was laughing so much because it was so adorable and cute! I am going to miss them so much! 

I still think LS in commoner/palace guard clothes is some sort of plan and not indication that he has returned to his life before. His greed for GE is still festering so I doubt he will give up so soon. Besides HS is still there and he was there in the picture with LS too. Something is cooking for sure.

18 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

@YourHighness . Sawoo is 師友 meaning fellow learner/disciple from same the master/institute. It can be considered a title.

I'm so sad that this week is the finale, and I happen to be having a busy time, don't really have time to camp here nor to mourn for (or celebrate?:D) the ending of our beloved series... I hope I'll be able to live stream come Wednesday night.

Thanks for the explanation! So how did GE's dad figure out CP was the prince on just him calling CW as Chung Sawoo?

15 hours ago, kaoriharang said:

COOL VIDEO (: it is sad that YSH did not get the opportunity to do more action scenes! that would have been really cool to see :D

hah yes be positive, we will see our otp in due time!

I am back too ~~ We are at Monday already, two more days until the end :S hah you can actually see the powerfulness of the hug in the drama, clearly they out quite a bit of energy into the hug HAHA! but its really cute their interactions (: no matter what they are still the #shyshycouple ^^

I think the commoner clothes speak to me as if he has gone back to his old life, which is why I concluded he won't die? But just cause he was at that scene doesnt mean he doesnt die? But I dont think he will die, as hated-able as a character he is.

Dramabean had a very good short analysis on LS's character which i totally agree with

What they said about LS is really true, he entered with the initial thought of being a good king and helping. But eventually, his desires got the better of him. They put it nicely he has become the very thing that he wanted to destroy. I don't know if he will die, but at times I feel the only redemption he can ever get is through death.

oh we have a new spoiler leading up to this! it does seem that that is for the antidote. Glad that GE and MC are involve in helping make it (: thank you @rossy5 for the picture (:

Definitely CP is one of the kindest that I have seen in all the saeguek dramas. There have been good kings in most of the saeguek but CP is one where despite being young is really wise (: I will also is this thread! But I am sure we will meet on other threads soon enough (:

Like how @YourHighness . and @vangsweetie637 we met again after K2 (: Never thought I would see these chingus again (:

Actually LS's redemption can be done easily without death..he only has to let go of his obsession with GE first. If he can do that then he can be redeemed but if he insists on pursuing his toxic obsession then the only way out is his death.

11 hours ago, vangsweetie637 said:

Definitely agree that the point of LS from DB is right on. It pretty much sums up his character and how he changed mentally. At this point, whether he gets redeemed or not will be determined in the upcoming episodes. It wouldn't be fair if QD gets redeemed but he doesn't right? Both are not innocent in their deeds. 

It is now 1 am here where I am so must be around 6pm where you are.

Wow, amazing how apart we all are but found ourselves chingus from dramas we all love :D

Aww yes it is the new one airing soon. It is a fully preproduction drama which is already done filming I believe. I will also see how the first few episodes go and determine if I will be active on it or not. So far, I know one of our fellow K2 chingus will be there too. So I am thinking we may be seeing more of our K2 chingus there as well especially those who are Yoona fans :wink: i will see you there if you watch it and I hope I will also meet some of our Ruler chingus there too. 

@YourHighness . will you be watching The King Loves too? If yes, I will be seeing you there too after Ruler. I will need another saeguk fix haha. I am going to miss Ruler a lot since I have been here since episode 1. Oh man, i can already feel the emptiness of ShyShy :(

Ruler is definitely one of my favorites too and will be on my rewatch list. Once the DVD comes out, I will most likely order it too. I have a collection of my favorite dramas haha. And love the Osts snd instrumentals. So beautiful!

I agree. It is very important to have a good collaboration between writers and directors when it comes to making a drama production complete. There were many flaws in this drama but it also had some very strong grounds. The chemistry for one is outstanding for me. The good leads vs bad leads..quite strong too. We have a hateful villain who makes us question his humanity and we speculated on mostly all the characters. I mainly watched this drama for the plot and YSH/KSH. So when the plot fell behind for me, I knew that YSH and KSH will still deliver strongly for me despite the gaps of the drama. I just really want to watch them in another drama, be it modern or even saeguk again, but with a much more balanced style of writing and a much more flexible directing. The writers for this drama presented quite an imbalance in the elements of their plot mechanisms but I will not deny the fact the cast still held its ground. The actors and actresses are the ones to bring the story to life.

For me, i am not looking for perfect writing. But I do want a stronger writer who knows how to even out the storyline without giving too little or too much, and a director who will be flexible enough to welcome adlibs and still stand firm on how he/she wants to portray from the script to the screen :D

For sure..as the finale is near us..there will be very little spoilers for us now. We are going to have to just wait impatiently ^_^

Exactly my point. If QD is being redeemed, then I want LS to be redeemed too. Her crime, I feel is bigger than LS'. It won't be hard for him to repent..all he has to do is know about HS and how he lied about the antidote being sent by CP. And then GE can tell him how it would kill her to be separated from CP. His redemption is not impossible but will the writer go that way. Chances of it are there. I've noticed the guilty have been punished in their own way. Karma's got its way.

HG- Indirect mass murders = Loosing her obsession and Death.

DM- Mass murders = Loosing his family and Death.

Gon- Murders through orders = Loosing the one he loved. Maybe death?

But QD and LS who tried to kill but failed have suffered a lot but will they die? QD I am sure will get saved but LS can go either way.

About the Kings love, I dunno, I read somewhere it's supposed to have a tragic ending. I am not so good with tragic endings LOL. That is one of the reasons why I stay away from sagueks. Until I know it had a happy ending, I don't watch. That's why I waited for so long till I began watching Ruler. I was honestly going to wait till the show ended to watch it but curiosity got the best of me and I fell for our OTP hard. :lol:Faith I was sure would have a happy ending so I stuck to it till the end but with TKL, the tragic end is certain, unless there's been some change, in that case I may give it a try.

1 hour ago, jakey09 said:

OMG, yes please. *Pervert mode on*:ph34r:

1 hour ago, sakura2016 said:

Heeee..maybe when he takes the poison, GE will hold his hand to comfort him while he's in pain. Or maybe she will take him in her arms. :flushed:

22 minutes ago, Berou said:

I might be the minority here but I'm glad we're finally reaching the finale and the show is gonna be over. I'm glad I'll be able to move on from ruler.

Before the premiere I thought I would post a lot and be really active but it became the opposite. :huh:

It reached to a point where I became numb to the drama and lost interest.

The main reasons are:

- very mild ratings

- drama being torn apart at reviews and recaps sites

- poorly written roles,poor development and storyline lost in the mountains halfway through

- ruler was supposed to be the break out performances for both KSH and YSH

- to add fuel to fire and more negativity, fans of actors/ actress protested a lot and showed their dissatisfaction to the point MBC had to disable the comments bar for YSHee on IG and KSH had to write a letter to appease her fans.

With these reasons stated above, I don't have a good memory about ruler and it'll take me a long time to re-watch(2/3 years ?) if I ever have the desire. It feels like my food got stuck in my throat and I got an indigestion

oooh! you're definitely not the minority! I mean, from the starry - this drama became a drama that I had to watch either way. it had my top favorite actor & actress, I kept thinking how lucky am I? 

once the drama started, it became upsetting and almost sad. I felt bad for the majority of the cast especially for YSH & KSH. People placed so much pressure on them since this is the nation's child actors becoming lead actors together for one drama. 

the roles and plot are poorly written and sadly we can't go back. 

What's hilarious is that Ruler is actually MBC's top drama in terms of ratings. W, which is considerably MBC's top ratings for their network in 2016 only went as high as 13.5%. At least half of their plot saved the drama and kept the viewers intrigued. For Ruler, the lack of screentime, missing plot holes, the direction, the roles being written - it was a mess after the Late King died. 

I find it hilarious that in terms of Mon-Thurs ratings, Ruler has become their top rating drama with just 14.9%. I agree w/ you that Ruler may become a drama that I won't remember. What's done can't be helped. I think down the road since I'm such a huge fans of both lead actors, I will remember this drama as "oh. the drama that my favorites finally acted together but it was a complete utter mess."

thats how the kneitzens also feel like so you shouldn't feel like the miniority @Berou ! Most people are upset that the drama will be over and YSH's face won't be seen for a while. Other people are waiting for the drama to be over & just hope on better projects for both lead actors, who deserves better. 

I guess the only relief out of this drama is the fact that kneitzens and people know that this isn't the fault of YSH or KSH. And that their acting capabilities aren't being doubted. It's just a really case of bad luck once again. Hopefully, one day, these two can meet again and find the write screenwriter for a modern drama like they hope.

15 minutes ago, YourHighness . said:

Nope, I still cant buy her redemption. She can easily go back to scheming after all her people and her are saved by CP and GE. I can never trust a monster who tried to kill an innocent newborn.

I'll neve say she's a kind and trustworthy person by nature for sure but I think I can trust her this time!! maybe I'm just like our King :lol: well he's kinder for sure... :wub: 

I still think LS in commoner/palace guard clothes is some sort of plan and not indication that he has returned to his life before. His greed for GE is still festering so I doubt he will give up so soon. Besides HS is still there and he was there in the picture with LS too. Something is cooking for sure.

I can only see him stop his greed for Ga Eun when he dies so yeah it can be another scheme of him!! :rolleyes:

Thanks for the explanation! So how did GE's dad figure out CP was the prince on just him calling CW as Chung Sawoo?

only the CP can have a swordsmanship teacher chingu!! and calling "Sawo" gave out his real identity!!

Actually LS's redemption can be done easily without death..he only has to let go of his obsession with GE first. If he can do that then he can be redeemed but if he insists on pursuing his toxic obsession then the only way out is his death.

if he ever stop blaming everyone (mainly our King) for his low life and not having what he wants!! :rolleyes:

Exactly my point. If QD is being redeemed, then I want LS to be redeemed too. Her crime, I feel is bigger than LS'. It won't be hard for him to repent..all he has to do is know about HS and how he lied about the antidote being sent by CP. And then GE can tell him how it would kill her to be separated from CP. His redemption is not impossible but will the writer go that way. Chances of it are there. I've noticed the guilty have been punished in their own way. Karma's got its way.

I may be crazy but I see Lee Seon worst!! they both did BAD things for sure and planned murders and even caused deaths but the Queen didn't betray her people nor try to kill them unlike Lee Seon who betrayed the friend who trusted him with his identity and ended up planning to murder him MAAAAANY times with no glimps of struggle over that decision but was actually satisfied and triumphed and was using his "death" and his other "friend"/Ga Eun's pain to win her over!! that's disgusting add to it he no longer cared for her-the woman he supposedy love-feelings planning on forcing her to be his woman by killing the man she loves and taking his identity for good to do that and even go that far to gloat about it in her face!! even when you're bad at least try to have someone other than you who you actually care for or won't betray!!

About the Kings love, I dunno, I read somewhere it's supposed to have a tragic ending. I am not so good with tragic endings LOL. That is one of the reasons why I stay away from sagueks. Until I know it had a happy ending, I don't watch. That's why I waited for so long till I began watching Ruler. I was honestly going to wait till the show ended to watch it but curiosity got the best of me and I fell for our OTP hard. :lol:Faith I was sure would have a happy ending so I stuck to it till the end but with TKL, the tragic end is certain, unless there's been some change, in that case I may give it a try.

hhhhhhh you're like me!! :lol: but I started Ruler from the start for Yoo Seung Ho!! :tongue: and watched SHR for Lee Jun Ki <_< *sigh* 

OMG, yes please. *Pervert mode on*:ph34r:

Heeee..maybe when he takes the poison, GE will hold his hand to comfort him while he's in pain. Or maybe she will take him in her arms. :flushed:

hhhhhhhhh ok, we're really using our King's pain in our fangirling dreams!! shame on us!! :lol::tongue::wub: 

@sakura2016 haha no matter what I come up with, I still cannot figure out why they are all in white clothes. It really reminds me of imprisonment attire :wink:

@sakura2016 @jakey09 i so would want a bed scene but if not..then another kiss please..and one that is a little longer and more focused on them :tongue:and i so want him to notice the cuts and scars on her fingers..like how he noticed her feet when she was dressed as a peddler :D

@YourHighness . I agree. If QD can be redeemed for her wrongdoings then LS should too. HG's death was a result of her decision to burn the poppy field and she knew how much PS meant to her grandfather. But she did it anyways. Karma has its way. CP is a very forgiving person. I realized that the reason why CP is still able to talk personally with QD is because her attempts to kill was only with him and not the people. If she had attempted to kill the people too, then he wouldn't be as forgiving. Like DM and PS, if their issues was only with CP, i am sure he wouldn't want to exactly kill them off. But their power involved harming the innocents directly and committing murders outside the palace walls. For sure, he will not abide for such actions. I don't see DM surviving. It was hinted he will die a painful and lonely death. That will be his karma. To die without anyone by his side after all. His goal to protect his love ones is gone. As for TKL, omo..is it a tragic ending? @kaoriharang mentioned it..and I wasn't sure. Omo..I can't deal with tragic endings. But since it is Song Ji Na writing it..i will give it a shot :D

@joyspartace hahaha yes we are a greedy bunch. Who knows when our ShyShy will get to be onscreen again..so one last kiss plus hugs and more OTP moments are not too much to ask for. I just hope the director and writer knows that is what we want haha. We endured enough heartaches. We deserve sweet happy moments too. For sure, the episodes will involve the politics segment. But they can still include OTP moments. I am also hoping that spoiler we saw is only a scene leading to the end, and not the actual ending. But then again, just don't give me a sad ending, an open ending..or a staring contest ending..NO. I need solid, confirmed happy ending for Jeonha and GE :D

@Berou You are definitely not a minority in that thought :) i know many viewers feel the same like you too. For me, since I don't know when YSH or KSH will ever get to come onscreen together again, I just take what I was given, will push aside all the flaws and imperfections of this drama and hope..and pray..that another director/writer picks up on these two and put them together again! The only way which can make up for the flaws of this drama is to be in another one that is much more balanced and stronger in writing/directing. I am sad this drama is over soon..not because it was a flawed drama that took a lot out of expectations and even the cast themselves, but because I have grown used to camping here for 2 months, discussing and speculating with everyone, meeting old friends, making new ones, and especially because I will miss YSH/KSH (CP/GE) too much. While their roles may have felt too much pressure at which they had to continue giving their best, I will not deny their chemistry is what I love, onscreen and offscreen. I hope in 2 years (please not another 5 haha) they will be casted as leads again and we will get to watch them all over once more. It's a bittersweet feeling for me when it comes to the finale of Ruler :D:wink:

@YourHighness . @kaoriharang

LOLOLOL. It was the term 'placenta jar' that made me come to the conclusion a placenta was in there haha. But my sub version kept saying ceramic jar so i figured it must be a document of some sort. Haha and you guys are right..a placenta being in there would need DNA testing..and at that time era...impossible hahaha.

1 hour ago, vangsweetie637 said:

@sakura2016 haha no matter what I come up with, I still cannot figure out why they are all in white clothes. It really reminds me of imprisonment attire :wink:

hhhhhhh same here!! there must be a reason why they are wearing only white clothes without their offichial robes nor hanboks!! hmmmmm :tongue: 

@sakura2016 @jakey09 i so would want a bed scene but if not..then another kiss please..and one that is a little longer and more focused on them :tongue:and i so want him to notice the cuts and scars on her fingers..like how he noticed her feet when she was dressed as a peddler :D

wait, the kiss is there with or without bed scene :tongue::wink: hhhhhh...awwwww I WANT THAT TOO but this time he won't try to ignore it but will be obviously concerned and caring :blush: 

@YourHighness . I agree. If QD can be redeemed for her wrongdoings then LS should too. HG's death was a result of her decision to burn the poppy field and she knew how much PS meant to her grandfather. But she did it anyways. Karma has its way. CP is a very forgiving person. I realized that the reason why CP is still able to talk personally with QD is because her attempts to kill was only with him and not the people. If she had attempted to kill the people too, then he wouldn't be as forgiving. Like DM and PS, if their issues was only with CP, i am sure he wouldn't want to exactly kill them off. But their power involved harming the innocents directly and committing murders outside the palace walls. For sure, he will not abide for such actions. I don't see DM surviving. It was hinted he will die a painful and lonely death. That will be his karma. To die without anyone by his side after all. His goal to protect his love ones is gone. As for TKL, omo..is it a tragic ending? @kaoriharang mentioned it..and I wasn't sure. Omo..I can't deal with tragic endings. But since it is Song Ji Na writing it..i will give it a shot :D

if Lee Seon can find another chance after all the chances he ruined and missed by his endless growing obsession than I'll take his redembtion but that IF there is any other left chance for him!!

Iagree with you, our King is forgiving her trying to kill him because it's him but if she caused other innocent people's death that would be different for him!!

can I wish for our King to show Dea Mok how his dream made him reach this point in his last moments? :naughty: 

@joyspartace hahaha yes we are a greedy bunch. Who knows when our ShyShy will get to be onscreen again..so one last kiss plus hugs and more OTP moments are not too much to ask for. I just hope the director and writer knows that is what we want haha. We endured enough heartaches. We deserve sweet happy moments too. For sure, the episodes will involve the politics segment. But they can still include OTP moments. I am also hoping that spoiler we saw is only a scene leading to the end, and not the actual ending. But then again, just don't give me a sad ending, an open ending..or a staring contest ending..NO. I need solid, confirmed happy ending for Jeonha and GE :D

hhhhhhhhhhh all that and "not too much to ask for"? :lol: but I'm with you , I WANT ALL THAT TOO!! :tongue::wub: 

:wub::wub::wub: 

cr: owner

@sakura2016 hahaha..why does the day feel so slow today? :tongue: I want a lot more but don't think they will give it to us..so i am going to keep asking for what I know can be given and then hope that when they reunite again in another drama..we will get it all the more :D:tongue: i want another kiss or kisses..and hugs..and sweet words like wifey and hubby!

I think LS won't need to die if he can let go his obsession with GE and to steal what is not his. But..i will not forgive him unless our King does. But he needs to see his wrongs first or else..he cannot be forgiven. @YourHighness . stated his redemption doesn't need death per say as long as he can let go of his obsessed greed with GE. It is a valid point. I believe as soon as he lets go of what is not his, CP will do his best to make LS's way of living easier so he doesn't have to be a dog or get looked down upon by others. We all know Jeonha is kind like that :D

1 hour ago, sakura2016 said:

Wait, the kiss is there with or without bed scene :tongue::wink: hhhhhh...awwwww I WANT THAT TOO but this time he won't try to ignore it but will be obviously concerned and caring :blush: 

cr: owner

Good morning....it will be exciting if we are given another kissing scene or bed scene.....hahahha

13 hours ago, herina_90 said:

Just came online to check and omg I'm in the same position as you!! No time to post and still crossing fingers i can catch the finale eps this week!!! Been too busy and still need to backtrack!!

Loving all the bts photos being posted though!!!

I m in the same position with you all. I read most of your posts,  and very appreciate with all your thoughts. Somehow, I keep watching  "Ruler" cuts from YouTube as I can't get off from both main leads.... 

53 minutes ago, vangsweetie637 said:

@sakura2016 hahaha..why does the day feel so slow today? :tongue: I want a lot more but don't think they will give it to us..so i am going to keep asking for what I know can be given and then hope that when they reunite again in another drama..we will get it all the more :D:tongue: i want another kiss or kisses..and hugs..and sweet words like wifey and hubby!

I think LS won't need to die if he can let go his obsession with GE and to steal what is not his. But..i will not forgive him unless our King does. But he needs to see his wrongs first or else..he cannot be forgiven. @YourHighness . stated his redemption doesn't need death per say as long as he can let go of his obsessed greed with GE. It is a valid point. I believe as soon as he lets go of what is not his, CP will do his best to make LS's way of living easier so he doesn't have to be a dog or get looked down upon by others. We all know Jeonha is kind like that :D

it's us talking/waiting/wishing for our OTPs moment making us more impatient!! :lol::tongue: 

now the only person who can bring Lee Seon's burried conscience back is our King's words and kindness so that's theonly hope left for him to live and have a good happy life with his mother and sister and for sure our King will help him more than I'd wish for <_< hhhhhh

24 minutes ago, deabakdrama said:

Good morning....it will be exciting if we are given another kissing scene or bed scene.....hahahha

I m in the same position with you all. I read most of your posts,  and very appreciate with all your thoughts. Somehow, I keep watching  "Ruler" cuts from YouTube as I can't get off from both main leads.... 

Good Morning Monarch chingu :) we all are praying for that :wink: 

welcome to the club chungu!! and with great OSTs/MVs we had for our drama/OTP I'm going to reply and reply over nd over again!! :wub::wub::wub: I'm so happy that we got great OSTs/MVs actually it's great help for us!! :wub: 

PS: chingu, can you plese remove the quoted IG pic, it's against soompi rules!! thank you in advance!! :) 

WAAAAAAAAA OUR OTP KISS IS TOP 2 :blush: 

If LS goes down the redemption route, i hope its because he finally thought of his family. They suffered a lot this whole story. We've already seen GE try and fail to get him to think of KM and mother first so i can't tell what will change him back

I don't believe he will change just because he lost the crown.. maybe the betrayal by HS will trigger it? He who betrayed... gets betrayed too.

Keke i like this comment

@deabakdrama haha chingu..getting another bed scene can only happen if he gets poison again and we will see how worried and caring GE is..and of course we want a final kiss. A longer one too..and another hug. Haha..like @sakura2016 stated..we are using our fangirling to an advantage hahaha. Please give us more :wink:

@sakura2016 haha we want so much more..we have learned how to be greedy :tongue: yup i know that if CP forgives LS, then I would too. He always finds a way into my heart :wub: that's our King.

@herina_90 i also think LS will not turn back that quick too. Something must have been so eye opening to him..that he will actually look back on his wrongdoings. If it is not for his family then it will be DM ordering HS to kill him. The person he thought was his friend..is not at all. And i like what you said..the one who betrayed gets betrayed. LOLOLOL at the comment on the picture. Adorable! :wub:

1 hour ago, herina_90 said:

If LS goes down the redemption route, i hope its because he finally thought of his family. They suffered a lot this whole story. We've already seen GE try and fail to get him to think of KM and mother first so i can't tell what will change him back

I don't believe he will change just because he lost the crown.. maybe the betrayal by HS will trigger it? He who betrayed... gets betrayed too.

Keke i like this comment

losing the crown will make him crazier/more desperate but won't bring his brain and conscience back, maybe the realisation that his guard was Dea Mok's man and the one who betrayed him can help and our King's kindness will make him see he still has a chance to be with his family and should take it!!

hhhhhhhhhhh

47 minutes ago, vangsweetie637 said:

@deabakdrama haha chingu..getting another bed scene can only happen if he gets poison again and we will see how worried and caring GE is..and of course we want a final kiss. A longer one too..and another hug. Haha..like @sakura2016 stated..we are using our fangirling to an advantage hahaha. Please give us more :wink:

@sakura2016 haha we want so much more..we have learned how to be greedy :tongue: yup i know that if CP forgives LS, then I would too. He always finds a way into my heart :wub: that's our King.

@herina_90 i also think LS will not turn back that quick too. Something must have been so eye opening to him..that he will actually look back on his wrongdoings. If it is not for his family then it will be DM ordering HS to kill him. The person he thought was his friend..is not at all. And i like what you said..the one who betrayed gets betrayed. LOLOLOL at the comment on the picture. Adorable! :wub:

hhhhhhhhhh PLEAAAAAASE!! :wub: 

they made us greedy so they need to give us more, it's fair that way :tongue::wink: Lee Seon is lucky to have our King as a kind king and friend that can save him from us too :lol: 

I still want to see Lee Seon's face when he realise whohis "loyal" guard actually is and what he did behind his back!! :naughty: 

:wub::wub::wub::wub: 

cr: yukinko_style 

6 hours ago, YourHighness . said:

GE's dad first met CW as CP's personal bodyguard during the trial. And I think he as an official must have known that CW, the son of late king's bodyguard, has the CP as his fellow swordsmanship.

As for the ministers in white clothing, it can mean two things, they were imprisoned, yet given the antidote by our kind CP.... or, they were forgiven, but already very sick needing the antidote. White clothing doesn't mean imprisonment only, but also when sick. Remember GE when she drank the poisoned tea.

Okay, 35 hours more before our penultimate episode!! (yeah, I still live with the old episode format) *must quickly finish work*

Archived