[Official] B1A4's Jung Jin-young 정진영 Thread #사랑해진영 ❤ Ongoing Drama - My First First Love ❤ || Completed Movie - The Dude In Me||

nonski

Have you listened to this song chingus?

It's soo incredibly beautiful :heart::heart::heart::wub::wub: Can't stop listening... The lyrics are very touching. I can recognize the Jin Young touch in the melody and the lyrics. He wrote it for the BANAs, right?:blush::heart::heart:

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, ricerascal67 said:

Have you listened to this song chingus?

It's soo incredibly beautiful :heart::heart::heart::wub::wub: Can't stop listening... The lyrics are very touching. I can recognize the Jin Young touch in the melody and the lyrics. He wrote it for the BANAs, right?:blush::heart::heart:

Yes @ricerascal67  JinYoung's songs are really good and they are not very repetitive like most songs.   I am actually writing a review for all  the songs...should be posting in a while maybe some pieces first.....as the post was too long..and I did it randomly..  They wrote this song for BANA and sang with BANA in the song too.  The other song for BANA is SPARKLING.   This 'TOGETHER' has grandness in the song that can cover the universe and has a tinge of melancholy in it.....I felt sad at the part when he sang...."nothing ever lasts forever"...  :(   Overall, this album is really good, every song has a different feel in the music...and I hope their sweetness can reach out and touch more people.

Songs Review

Here comes my promised review of the songs.  Remember I first heard all the songs without the English translation of the lyrics.  So I will first give my first impression of the music on my DNA and then after savouring the song with the understanding of the lyrics ..what is my feel about it.  This is the wonderful part for me in listening to a foreign language song because music itself without words is also a form of language with a message.  I will post a few songs at a time.

2 . The moment I fall for you again   Lyricists: Jinyoung, Baro | Composer: Jinyoung | Arrangers: Jinyoung, Captain Planet

Without knowing the lyrics, this song gives me the vibes of strong yearning for someone, yet in a relaxing way without stress.  It comes in the singing expression and it has this tenderness in the tone that makes one turn jelly...even the rap is on the gentler side and there is more rap.  True enough, the lyrics have strong yearning to get close to a sweet and innocent girl full of charm.   He is a romantic at heart...so his music is always sweet and appealing.     No wonder he is a Jinthovan...

3.  Good Timing   Lyricists: Jinyoung, Baro | Composer: Jinyoung | Arrangers: Jinyoung, Captain Planet

The first time I hear this song, it gives me the feel that it is good for dancing and yet it has a taste of retro feel due to the electric guitar style of strumming at the beginning.  In fact, as the piece progresses, it sounds splendid for a workout in the gym with a sporty spirit in the music...suddenly I feel like jumping up and down to do some workout... LOL..  Now after reviewing the lyrics, I realised the reason why good timing.  It is good timing for a romance to blossom....such a sweet message of a boy reaching out to a girl.  It is so true that timing is important in a relationship.  We can meet the right person but wrong timing and nothing happens......so good timing is instrumental for any love to take off.....OMG...such sweet lyrics..so JinYoung.....he is so good in serenading to make the girls go weak in their knees.....even a matured noona like me can feel the power in his words.  He captures the right essence of a guy's behaviour during a courtship .. and Baro's rap brings a modern feel to the song with the sound of an assertive man who knows who he is chasing after and I love his "good good" at the end of the rap....cute to the max!  "Da-ga-on-da!!" - come closer.    I learn a new phrase.... that's why I love their songs even more these days...it helps me widen my vocabulary...haha

5.  In the dream  Lyricists: Jinyoung, Baro | Composer: Jinyoung | Arrangers: Jinyoung, Moon Jeong Gyu

The song started with the sweet voice of Gongchan.  It has a heavenly feel...... There is a tinge of sadness in the music though I have no idea what the sadness is about.  Now I know the despondency is due to a relationship that has ended and healing is supposed to be taking place.  One way of handling such pain is to dream about the person since there is no physical connection possible.  Sorry about the goodbye.... Somehow the pain seems so hopeless that I could feel the person he croons about has gone forever to the heaven...  So this song is full of melancholy for me...the trailing music at the end gives it a heavenly feel......like someone has exited to the heaven.  Beautifully crafted in a soothing fashion but yet very heart-wrenching at the same time.  Edit to add...now I know the extra eerie voice was actually a lady's(gone to heaven) voice trying to reach out to the guy...superimposed together.

6.  Sparkling   Lyricists: CNU, Baro | Composers: CNU, Rwam | Arranger: Rwam

Interesting sound of bottle of drink being opened(I think they took care that it is not alcohol popping) and the guy wanting to pick up the bill.....  Sounds like a song about picking-up girls in a cafe and want to start a relationship.   This song is more upbeat and hot in pace by CNU and Baro.

Girls...start screaming...this is a more candid declaration of love for the BANA without any tinge of bashfulness of a confession when you hear the lyrics.  No wonder the MC at the Comeback showcase mentioned something about "Sparkling" being so BANA.  I think with BANA, they can be jaunty and sing in this way because BANA collectively have expressed their love first....so they can do away with the confession and go straight to an invitation to get together.  I would say it has a hip-hop carefree yet sensual feel in this song that gives the album a good variety of genre.  I am not sure if my ears served me right but I seem to hear at one point, each of them get to sing the part that they have fallen for BANA. (Neoegeman bana banhandago)  OMG...these boys are so cute even in their allocation of parts to sing.   I hope this song really makes the young BANA ( @JinyoungFox ) very happy    For me, I just find them cute and singing out what's in their hearts that is age-appropriate for them now instead of bottling up.  haha

9.  I will find you   Lyricists: Jinyoung, Baro | Composer: Jinyoung | Arrangers: Jinyoung, Moon Jeong Gyu

The music started with a very western style, feels like jazzing with a live band in a lounge/bar in a relaxed and slow tempo yet there is a sound of strong resolution to find that someone.   I like the slow rock of this piece...cool and soothing...I can doze off.  I love the start of the song with this huskiness in the voice that sounds so sensual in the first line.  Baro's rap is also commendable...it goes from a slow rap to a sense of urgency in his rap to find the person.   I love JinYoung sensual falsetto in this song.....Such a lovely soothing ballad that rings non-stop in my head.  Looks like they will take time to find the person but the resolution is the person must and will be found...

11. Together   Lyricist/Composer: Jinyoung | Arrangers: Jinyoung, Moon Jeong Gyu

As an impression,  my imagination teleported me to the Chinese dynasty of a beautiful love story in the palace because this song at the chorus exuberates a sense of grandeur ........paints a majestic setting in the background.  But still in my mind it is about a love story of a King and his woman who can only be linked by something symbolic but they cannot seem to get close physically...  When I learn of the lyrics....it poignantly expresses JinYoung's feelings for his fans so vividly....and the lyrics are so beautifully written with such sincerity that I am sure any fans who hear and understand the lyrics would melt in their hearts..   I like the way he uses the sky and stars to draw the connection of holding the love.  The saddest part for me is the phrase "nothing ever lasts forever"....so even for them when they debut this song in the comeback showcase, both JinYoung and GongChan teared when they sang the song.....I am sure the words hit a chord in their heartstrings as it did with mine.   

So BANAs,,,only you have the strength to keep them going strong in making music for us forever.

After writing the review for this song, then I realised that some BANAs participated in this song....WOW....  .:blush:

Immortal Song 2 Broadcast on 3 Dec..They were the first group to sing and won the next 2 groups of singers and then when BMK came on....she brought down the house.......:thumbsup: to them for winning the first 2 veteran groups...already an achievement....think they only went there to enjoy themselves in singing as they love to croon tunes all the time.

Photo published for B1A4 진영·산들, ´구르미´ 재현… ´오글´

Photo published for B1A4, 흥 넘치는 무대 ´슬퍼지려 하기 전에´

CyvhCVyUoAEYmQI.jpg

CyvhCVzUsAA6rBx.jpg

Annyeong Jin Young's sanctuary !!!!!!! It's been such a long time. This post was meant to be sent a couple of days ago but my laptop suddenly crashed and now being repaired :'( 

It's so great to be back here and knowing someone still remembers me :wub:

@lovehbhjw2013 Sorry for Nachan's late reply !!!! No more Gurumi hangover thanks to work for accounting for most of my time, but I do miss the casts and Moonlight family on here. I enjoyed my summer going crazy over MDBC. Still updating on our lovely casts when I have time~

I'm still into Jin Young and their music :w00t:. When I was typing this post last time, I just finished watching his performance on King of Masked Singer. Really hope they will continue to do well with their comeback and just ignore this SNL thingy TT"TT

And congratssssss @lovehbhjw2013 (And you as well @JinyoungFox?) for officially becoming a BANA! It's been a journey for you right? :3 Wish I could attend their concert but I'm not in the USA and I can't take holiday atm :bawling::bawling:

If any Moonlighters happen to come by, then I miss you guys a lot too!! <3

It's been ages already and I was supposed to write this very long time ago (sorry:bawling:), I'm not sure if it's been posted & if it's worth mentioning it now but I just wanna share something regarding Yoon Sung - Jin Young's character in MDBC.

Spoiler

Don't think I (we?) could ever forget how YS died in MDBC. As he didn't die in the novel, I always blamed PD-nim & writer-nim for changing the story and for letting him die in such a silly way. After MDBC has ended, I had a chat with a friend, who's a really hardcore fan of JY and following all of his activities, inc MDBC. She told me this and I don't think there was a reason she would make it up so I just wanna share it.

Our webtoon novelist did an interview in September, if you have read, where she was saying that 'Yoon Sung is a finger that hurts the most'.

Apparently, she also said that when she first met PD-nim, she asked him one thing and it was 'Please, definitely kill Yoon Sung off'. Originally she intended to let him die in the novel. She wanted to create a character where the man would die to protect the woman whom he loves. However, she couldn't bear to do that so she wrote the whole thing about YS being rescued by the girl.... So they killed him off in the drama probably to deliver that message. When I've listened to this I suddenly realised about what you said lovehbhjw~, about all the 'dying for someone you love' (Still didn't make sense to me =...=.) 

This part of the article was deleted right away after having been published, I guess because they didn't want to spoil the ending. I don't feel anything now translating this but it seriously hurt listening to this at the time (esp in my own language). 

I feel like I could let go of his death now (not the way he died though!). After all, I'm thankful that Yoon Sung character was given to Jin Young and he did brilliant with the role. He really deserves all the love he's been receiving from fans and viewers. I'm gonna miss Yoon Sung a lot.

On 02/12/2016 at 6:01 PM, lovehbhjw2013 said:

@JinyoungFox  I don't know as of when but they have changed their styling director...Do you know if that refers to their wardrobe styling?  I noticed before that their wardrobe has been keeping to 3-4 colours....so it could have started changing from then....The previous one was very colourful and probably suit their age then too.. Now they are going for the SHARP look.... in any case, they are growing more and more gorgeous with stronger personalities behind the face so making the faces even more attractive than before. Looking forward to more good pictures.  I can't wait for the Adventure DVDs to arrive too...

gosh it's so hard to login..

pffftt..

yes they changed their stylist.. since debut their stylist is a woman.. now their stylist is a man.. their new stylist is ryu junyeol's stylist too...

10 hours ago, _Nachan07 said:

Annyeong Jin Young's sanctuary !!!!!!! It's been such a long time. This post was meant to be sent a couple of days ago but my laptop suddenly crashed and now being repaired :'( 

It's so great to be back here and knowing someone still remembers me :wub:

@lovehbhjw2013 Sorry for Nachan's late reply !!!! No more Gurumi hangover thanks to work for accounting for most of my time, but I do miss the casts and Moonlight family on here. I enjoyed my summer going crazy over MDBC. Still updating on our lovely casts when I have time~

I'm still into Jin Young and their music :w00t:. When I was typing this post last time, I just finished watching his performance on King of Masked Singer. Really hope they will continue to do well with their comeback and just ignore this SNL thingy TT"TT

And congratssssss @lovehbhjw2013 (And you as well @JinyoungFox?) for officially becoming a BANA! It's been a journey for you right? :3 Wish I could attend their concert but I'm not in the USA and I can't take holiday atm :bawling::bawling:

If any Moonlighters happen to come by, then I miss you guys a lot too!! <3

It's been ages already and I was supposed to write this very long time ago (sorry:bawling:), I'm not sure if it's been posted & if it's worth mentioning it now but I just wanna share something regarding Yoon Sung - Jin Young's character in MDBC.

Reveal hidden contents

Don't think I (we?) could ever forget how YS died in MDBC. As he didn't die in the novel, I always blamed PD-nim & writer-nim for changing the story and for letting him die in such a silly way. After MDBC has ended, I had a chat with a friend, who's a really hardcore fan of JY and following all of his activities, inc MDBC. She told me this and I don't think there was a reason she would make it up so I just wanna share it.

Our webtoon novelist did an interview in September, if you have read, where she was saying that 'Yoon Sung is a finger that hurts the most'.

Apparently, she also said that when she first met PD-nim, she asked him one thing and it was 'Please, definitely kill Yoon Sung off'. Originally she intended to let him die in the novel. She wanted to create a character where the man would die to protect the woman whom he loves. However, she couldn't bear to do that so she wrote the whole thing about YS being rescued by the girl.... So they killed him off in the drama probably to deliver that message. When I've listened to this I suddenly realised about what you said lovehbhjw~, about all the 'dying for someone you love' (Still didn't make sense to me =...=.) 

This part of the article was deleted right away after having been published, I guess because they didn't want to spoil the ending. I don't feel anything now translating this but it seriously hurt listening to this at the time (esp in my own language). 

I feel like I could let go of his death now (not the way he died though!). After all, I'm thankful that Yoon Sung character was given to Jin Young and he did brilliant with the role. He really deserves all the love he's been receiving from fans and viewers. I'm gonna miss Yoon Sung a lot.

No sorry chingu...just hope that you are well...:wub:

Yes1! Happy to be a BANA, how about you?  Glad that you no longer have the hangover and that all is well  now....re the spoiler....it really does not matter any more... I got my healing when I saw the real-life friendship blossom outside MDBC.  When the 3-some namely PBG, KYJ and KDY went to spring a surprise visit to him during his comeback practice, I thought that was such a warm thought on the cold weather they were experiencing....so that real-life warmth healed me.....though poor Yoon Sung was still poor Yoon Sung, at least I know in real life the way friendship work is more more normal compared to the drama....so the drama was just uniquely not normal.

Whenever you are free, just drop by, no stress. Have a nice week ahead of you!!  God bless. :wub:

10 hours ago, JinyoungFox said:

gosh it's so hard to login..

pffftt..

yes they changed their stylist.. since debut their stylist is a woman.. now their stylist is a man.. their new stylist is ryu junyeol's stylist too...

Even after clearing cookies?

I think the previous stylist has served her purpose.  They were boys growing up and need to be more experimental and fun in their ways....now is the SHARP look the new stylist is adopting but at some point of time, they still need to have some unique ideas coming out in their styling and not cookie-cutter fashion...

OMG the parody of the rooftop scene with Sandeul was hilarious at Immortal Songs 2...but I am so happy that he picked that scene to do the parody because that was the scene I was tranced by Yoon Sung and until today I  still miss Yoon Sung so badly.... :wub::wub::wub:    No subs yet but just enjoy that crazy moments first.... :lol::lol::lol:   Gosh, don't you wish you were Sandeul.......:innocent:

35 minutes ago, lovehbhjw2013 said:

Currently "A lie" is Number 1 on the bugs chart!!! Yoooooooooooooooooohoooooooooo! :heart::heart::heart:  Well done B1A4!

Congrats B1A4 :heart::blush:

More reviews.....

4. Nightmare   Lyricists: CNU, Baro | Composers: CNU, Cloud | Arrangers: Cloud, Humbert

This is another non JinYoung's song but a good collection into the album for diversity.  This is reggae music genre.

It has a laid-back style of lamenting a betrayal by a girl but the tempo is good for nursing a flummoxed heart which needs to ask a lot of whys...

This genre of music relies a lot more on the vocals than the musical instrument so I would say this song allows the B1A4 guys to give off their best in their singing as singers than idols.

Today's performance of Nightmare with the music removed is a good testimony of their singing for this song.

10. Drunk on You    Lyricists: Jinyoung, Baro | Composer: Jinyoung | Arrangers: Jinyoung, Kang Myeong Shin

This song gives off macho vibes as well but not in the same sense as the one in Sparkling....the guy I see in this song is one with kungfu..haha   Yes, the chorus of this song sounds like in Chinese music when there is kungfu dancing in it... it reminds me of Bruce Lee.    It has a strong macho feel especially when it starts with the talking and rapping and ending with talking again......a song where the guy is in strong hold of the situation by reaching his hand out to help....   Another sweet and warm song promising protection over the girl.   :wub:

Last batch of reviews

1. A Lie   Lyricists: Jinyoung, Baro | Composer: Jinyoung | Arrangers: Jinyoung, Kang Myeong Shin

I like this piece of music the first time I hear it...good to be the title track.  It reaches out to my heartstrings...It has a quick built-up with a sense of urgency to a climax and then a change of tune...about the regret......  the arrangement of this song also sounds more intricate.

The part where Sandeul hit the high note was also felt......strong pang straight to the heart....

Now with the lyrics..we understand that telling her to leave was actually a white lie....there is so much regret in the lie...to break up

The love for the girl is actually strong but since things turn out like this finally, only can wish her happiness.

There is so much regret and melancholy when Jinyoung performs this piece in the music shows.....no wonder I saw Yoon Sung's face popping up in front of me once in a while....

7. To my star  Lyricists: CNU, Baro | Composers: CNU, Cloud | Arranger: Cloud

This song though written by CNU, the style is closer to JinYoung's compared to Sparkling and Nightmare.   It is actually a brightly written piece of music to remember CNU's long time pet dog who has passed away this year if I am not wrong.   We commonly say, "A dog is a man's best friend", the converse is also true....a man is a dog's best friend too....and his dog is fondly remembered.  It is also true that a dog's look can melt one's heart...especially when dogs are so loyal friends.  

So this song can be serenading to someone whom one really loves a lot.....but again out of reach liken to a star in the sky.   Finding brightness in sadness....

9. Melancholy   Lyricists: Jinyoung, Baro | Composer/Arranger: Jinyoung

The intro of this piece really threw me off my chair....it's so F1 racing car-like but I like it!!  Never in my wildest imagination that it can be melancholy in any way....he really plays with paradoxical approach in his songs....it makes me pause in my footsteps to think harder.

With the lyrics now....I understand the twist better.  He sees melancholy in a face when the girl is with him and it in turn makes him feel melancholic.   So he wants an honest talk about things with no twisting....it's like they are on the verge of a break-up...it's making both parties melancholic...

Gosh what an interesting tune for a break-up song but I think he managed to capture the picture well in the head....though it is a break-up, the heart can be racing like a car too...because inside it is crying rapidly not to break up....with the fast and furious "I need you...I need you so...."

Archived