[Official] B1A4's Jung Jin-young 정진영 Thread #사랑해진영 ❤ Ongoing Drama - My First First Love ❤ || Completed Movie - The Dude In Me||

nonski

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, JinyoungFox said:

haha.. thank you for the update.. I'm glad jinyoung cut his hair..

Yeah...he really looked fabulous in this look....a perfect English gentleman!! :heart:

I hope they sub the interview and Q&A soon for the press con.  Curious to know what the reporters are asking them.

So in a way...this black and white theme makes them quite manly macho...only muscles not shown....haha

They sang "Together" without music and it was good.

I have watched some of the reaction after watching this MV release....most of them are kinda brief to me as "touch and go" reactions/comments...so I shall share my first reaction in words here since I have no video on fan-girling giggles to showcase.... kekeke

Impression

My first impression is the video is made in a beautiful retro tone that I love.  It brings me fond memories of my yester-years, including the print and the colours of the cardigan, the scarf all reminds me of something personal.  When the album came in black and white...it already gave me the vibes of reminiscence in retro-age. This MV is a mastery of the mind of a person of my years....and to think this is produced by 5 young boys...it is pretty impressive to me.  There are many ways to interpret this MV based on personal experience but the generic one seems to be a girl 5-timing 5 guys.  The reason? Though I would not like to make any excuses for such behaviour because cheating and lying is definitely not the way to go in a relationship, I cannot help but feel that this girl who is probably raised overseas with knowledge of French finds it hard to settle for one particular type of guy, hence dating all 5??  

The type of guys

The 5 guys in the video are:

The arty and intellectual type of guy who enjoys space - JinYoung

The city car and bedroom fun type of guy who enjoys speed - Baro

The beach water-play type of guy who enjoys coolness - Sandeul

The free-spirited adventure type of guy who enjoys travelling - CNU

The natural environmental type of guy who enjoys nature - Gongchan

In the end, she was found to be "a lie" so she left and certainly she had no definitive preference of any of the guys to feel truly upset as she seemed to depart with a light-foot stride of someone who felt carefree.  However, for the guys, she was like everything to them so each of them felt her loss stronger than her.

Message from Girl

There are a lot of subtle messages about the girl in the MV.   To each of her fancies, she dressed differently to attract them differently as well.  And she teases all of them by touching them and pulling them towards her.  For Baro, she threw herself on him at the bed.  With JinYoung type, she dressed colourfully,  With Baro type, she dressed in a cool way with leather jacket. When it came to Sandeul type, OMG...she was in a hot red dress...my kind of solid colour,,,notice she was not in a typical white dress girls like to wear for romantic beach run with boyfriends?  Her personality was not the "white" or "purity" type...she was the aggressive red girl and the way she teased Sandeul...I swear he was completely hunted....haha....   With CNU type....she dressed the checked shirt over T-shirt style for someone adventurous and tried to be on par with the guys...the only softness in her look was the hot pink beret she wore.   When she left...she departed from CNU's caravan and if you notice...the white tee she wore inside has the word "pleasure"....so her mantra in life was probably just to seek pleasure and have fun.   This reminds of Cyndi Lauper's "Girls just wanna have fun".   Now when it came to GongChan....geez...she even wore a jacket with the words "Nature(or Natural) Order" printed behind the jacket with Gongchan was walking backwards facing her, i.e. opposite, wearing "She's lost control", the difference in perspective, both in words and visual.   So this girl was indeed a player calibre....clearly she adjusted herself accordingly to each guy's passion and played the hunter game.   In the end, she seemed to suffer a bit from her lies when she saw how serious Gongchan was decorating the place for both of them, I believe.

Music

Now about the music...most commented that this is a typical song of JinYoung.  On the contrary, I feel that this is not so typical....there is more pain felt in this song by all singers though it is not like pain of death in "tried to walk".   The only typical is probably that he has kept his songs to be filled with melodious parts instead of some kpop pieces which border on the edge of talking only.  The other thing consistent in his music is there is always a tinge of sweetness in it no matter how negative the situation is.  In this piece, I would say he has achieved more of bitter-sweet but sweet is still prevalent.  Being melodious is probably his belief about how music should appeal to our senses and being sweet is partly his personality and partly the way he looks at life.  I actually appreciate both his belief and mantra.  Music with all rap style is totally not music to me.

The intro of the song is really short unlike his other performance piece...and the pace heighten up quickly during the sweet lovey-dovey moment with JinYoung.  When it started to show the relationship with the rest, there was a pause and then the rap came in swiftly to show how the other guys were seduced... I don't know if the colours play a part here, with Baro, Sandeul and CNU, the aggressor seemed to be her so she wore red and when it came to GongChan...he seemed to be courting her more...and he was wearing the strong orange hoodie. So the chorus "a Lie" came out when she was with all the other 4 guys....and the climax of Sandeul screaming came on when she finally walked away from CNU's caravan....departed out of all their lives.  The 4 guys discovered her departure..Baro slammed the wall, Sandeul laid in a water-less pool, Gongchan stared out into the nature, CNU stared at the lamp in his caravan and there was a lot of anguish in the music....then came to JinYoung, it was memories vanished into the air and a look of disappointment in his face, just like when Yoon Sung saw Ra On with Lee Yeong at the lantern festival talking to each other with smiles on their faces.   

Finally the song is "A lie" but it sounded much like "Alive"...so no dying like "Tried to walk"...:tounge_xd:

:heart:  this song as the title song indeed!

Edit to add:  After reviewing the lyrics now....my impression of the video is not exactly accurate in terms of the lie....  The lie was referring to the guys wanting a breakup was "a lie" not that the girl lied to 5 guys in dating.   I suppose the video was not meant to focus that the girl was 5-timing.........haha...  In any case, I think it is good to do a perception view versus the real view....,,,and see how perception is created.

B1A4 – A LIE ENGLISH TRANSLATION

I say this again
But I think this is it for us

You say, please meet someone good
I guess our love was more shallow than I thought

We’re splitting up like this, the space between is splitting
When you see me turn around and go, I’ll look pitiful

What I said was a lie
When I said go, it was a lie, a lie, a lie

What I said was a lie
Please don’t go, it’s all a lie, a lie
It’s all a lie

I’ve only said scarring words and turned around
Although it’ll be like nothing happened tomorrow

If the fate between us can’t be cut off easily
Will we be able to go back to those times?

Your bright smile turns into tears and flows
Songs we used to sing together drench my heart

When I see you getting so far away, you become a dot
The rain starts to fall and comforts me, my sad love

We’re splitting up like this, the space between is splitting
When you see me turn around and go, I’ll look pitiful

What I said was a lie
When I said go, it was a lie, a lie, a lie

What I said was a lie
It’s all a lie

Your smile is buried in darkness
Your sunlight was trapped in darkness every day

Now I’ll let you go into the sunlight
That you once lived in

Your shadow always seemed strengthless and tired
Always biting your lips in solitude

Enduring the pain, swallowing your tears
You lived each day in torture

What I said was a lie

Leave me and be happy, please be more happy
Leave me and be happy, please be more happy

I say this again

Rom: iLyricsBuzz

21 hours ago, lovehbhjw2013 said:

Yes definitely miss the mischievous jeja!!!  :wub:   Long time no hear!!!  Annyeong Annyeong!   I was so very very very very pissed today that I was having a headache over this disgusting act by that bob hair girl and the programme should be responsible to prohibit such sexual attacks on these poor boys who have kept their squeaky clean image until being assaulted so crudely by her....  She seems deranged...celebrating her victory to grope people's genitals!!!!  She really should be charged for her obscene act otherwise she is going to do it again to someone else......  She sure has a pair of dirty, filthy hands....and dangerous to the society.....  arggggghhhh I wannna to scream at her....what an idiotic pervert maniac....

Like Jinyoungfox, I was so worried that the incident would affect the boys in the comeback...but after watching their vlive and seeing how their songs are hitting the top 3 in the charts now as I write....I think it is bringing great joy to them, at least, to relieve the crazy trauma experienced yesterday.  Boys will always try to act cool about things but this is sexual attack, alright, nothing less.

Yes I was quite shocked that 2ne1 breaking up....I thought they are very popular....so it's shocking...    I think to survive in this competitive industry, these idols must be able to sustain a stable group of fans....so I have decided to support B1A4 forever ....

Annyeong uri seonsaengnim, today soompi forum is weird, I can't login use PC & just now I'm able to login from phone:sweatingbullets: But the bright side from it I can be cooling down from yesterday high voltage tension :D 

Speaking about fans, 2NE1 have big international fans base but not as huge as big bang, it just YG ent is famous for being crap when treating their singers, so many talented musicians kind of wasted in there especially now YG is more focus with their famous actors & actresses maybe bigger money from there :huh: Ok enough about crap YG.

Now it's time for our boys here. Chukahae for B1A4 & all Bana for their comeback album:heart:. I listen to their full album which is very rare because I only able to listen full album if it's from Big Bang, 2NE1 & sometimes Claziquai Project. It's hard to listen full album because the songs sometimes too similiar to each others & the quality of the music it self. But Good Timing album here really worth it to listen :wub: I love It's a lie since the first time I hear it, the surprise melody jumping here & there make this song easy to differentiate it. Congraz to our B1A4 that really2 produce music with rich melody not only consist of techno music. My most fave songs from this album will be It's a lie, The moment I fall for you again, Melancholy & Drunk on you without decreasing the quality of the rest songs because this full album is really good. It just about preference. How about you seonsaengnim, @JinyoungFox & others Bana here. What's your favorite songs?

1 hour ago, febz said:

Annyeong uri seonsaengnim, today soompi forum is weird, I can't login use PC & just now I'm able to login from phone:sweatingbullets: But the bright side from it I can be cooling down from yesterday high voltage tension :D 

Speaking about fans, 2NE1 have big international fans base but not as huge as big bang, it just YG ent is famous for being crap when treating their singers, so many talented musicians kind of wasted in there especially now YG is more focus with their famous actors & actresses maybe bigger money from there :huh: Ok enough about crap YG.

Now it's time for our boys here. Chukahae for B1A4 & all Bana for their comeback album:heart:. I listen to their full album which is very rare because I only able to listen full album if it's from Big Bang, 2NE1 & sometimes Claziquai Project. It's hard to listen full album because the songs sometimes too similiar to each others & the quality of the music it self. But Good Timing album here really worth it to listen :wub: I love It's a lie since the first time I hear it, the surprise melody jumping here & there make this song easy to differentiate it. Congraz to our B1A4 that really2 produce music with rich melody not only consist of techno music. My most fave songs from this album will be It's a lie, The moment I fall for you again, Melancholy & Drunk on you without decreasing the quality of the rest songs because this full album is really good. It just about preference. How about you seonsaengnim, @JinyoungFox & others Bana here. What's your favorite songs?

Ah...the problem with soompi forum is you must constantly clear your cookies to log in here...even for the phone eventually you will face the same problem...so clear your cookies or history.   

For the sexual attack issue, the bob-hair girl uploaded a handwritten apology addressed to B1A4.  Frankly, it is a sexual assault from any angle we look at it, only B1A4 can decide if they want to pursue the case or not. If they decide not to pursue the case, I hope it serves as a learning lesson for her that at any time, NO ONE's genitals is at her disposal....male or female.....and if she has a weird problem not able to resist such a pervert act, she should see a doctor for it and get it treated.  It's simply wacko and sick.

Anyway, I am SO PROUD OF JINYOUNG'S reply to the issue, definitely a great leader...his intelligence is formidable.

" Jinyoung talked about the incident, saying, “Honestly, it happened so suddenly that we didn’t know what to make of the situation. So we watched the video again, and we thought it would make the fans worry a lot. As big as the controversy is, we’re going to power through and work harder on our album.”

I am so happy with his everything, in this case, his EQ to field the question pose to his team.  We were so worried that it would affect their performance today but they did well, a pat on their back for them!!

I don't know much about 2NE1 or YG to comment but what I do notice is large entertainment companies can raise the profiles of their people up rapidly as well as clear them off the shelve rapidly.  So nothing is so ideal.  

Are you a BANA yet?  JinYoungFox, looki and I have just signed up and we have bought their album as well.

As for their new album songs, I think 'A lie' is definitely a hit...I also like their dance movements for it and the MV is great.

For the rest of the songs, I like all the songs...but if I must pull them out..."the moment I fall for you again", "good timing", "melancholy", "sparkling", "drunk on you" and "together" for now...   I find that for their songs, the more you listen, the more you get hooked on them...and it rings non-stop in the head, not just the chorus but the entire song!!! :lol:

im sorry I can't be that active this week.. I have a work to do.. it's upsetting me when the boys are busy with the comeback I'm busy with work too.. but I will comeback when I'm finished with my work, maybe I will just lurking or liking post here in the meantime.. hehe..

oh regarding this album.. my favorite song is of course it's a lie.. and nightmare!!!!

4 hours ago, JinyoungFox said:

im sorry I can't be that active this week.. I have a work to do.. it's upsetting me when the boys are busy with the comeback I'm busy with work too.. but I will comeback when I'm finished with my work, maybe I will just lurking or liking post here in the meantime.. hehe..

oh regarding this album.. my favorite song is of course it's a lie.. and nightmare!!!!

@JinyoungFox Work is more important...you get busy...busy bee.   Actually I am also busy....I have accumulated a stack of backlog to clear and it's time to get them down too... :tounge_wink:

After listening to the songs over again...I am so so so so so so so so glad that I have ordered the CD for keeps.   The spread of songs in this album is so wide in style which is why it makes selection of a favourite song so tough because each song has its own merits and beauty in it.  I will write my thoughts of each song later but my gutfeel is their emotions in their songs have grown stronger in this album as they mature.  

Meanwhile Gong Chan is as witty and sharp as usual in his replies....and it is incredible that Baro dyed his hair 9 times!!! wow...

B1A4’s Gongchan Ranks His Members’ Looks In Comeback Music Video

b1a4 gongchan

On November 28, B1A4 held a showcase for the release of their third studio album, “Good Timing.”

During the showcase, Gongchan revealed, “I’ve ranked the members’ looks for this comeback based on the music video for ‘A Lie.'”

Gongchan is known for being the visual of the group and after drawing out the moment a bit, he said, “Jinyoung is No. 1.”

“After that it’s CNU, then Baro,” he said. CNU was so happy he knelt, but Sandeul said, “You can stop right now.” However, Gongchan said, “Sandeul is No. 4 and I am last.”

Baro observed, “When other members rank our looks, I don’t anticipate anything, but when Gongchan does it, I get excited. I dyed my hair nine times for this comeback and got third. I wonder how many times I’ll have to dye next time to get a higher rank?”

Gongchan replied, “Dye it just once. I like black hair.”

15 hours ago, lovehbhjw2013 said:

Ah...the problem with soompi forum is you must constantly clear your cookies to log in here...even for the phone eventually you will face the same problem...so clear your cookies or history.   

For the sexual attack issue, the bob-hair girl uploaded a handwritten apology addressed to B1A4.  Frankly, it is a sexual assault from any angle we look at it, only B1A4 can decide if they want to pursue the case or not. If they decide not to pursue the case, I hope it serves as a learning lesson for her that at any time, NO ONE's genitals is at her disposal....male or female.....and if she has a weird problem not able to resist such a pervert act, she should see a doctor for it and get it treated.  It's simply wacko and sick.

Anyway, I am SO PROUD OF JINYOUNG'S reply to the issue, definitely a great leader...his intelligence is formidable.

" Jinyoung talked about the incident, saying, “Honestly, it happened so suddenly that we didn’t know what to make of the situation. So we watched the video again, and we thought it would make the fans worry a lot. As big as the controversy is, we’re going to power through and work harder on our album.”

I am so happy with his everything, in this case, his EQ to field the question pose to his team.  We were so worried that it would affect their performance today but they did well, a pat on their back for them!!

I don't know much about 2NE1 or YG to comment but what I do notice is large entertainment companies can raise the profiles of their people up rapidly as well as clear them off the shelve rapidly.  So nothing is so ideal.  

Are you a BANA yet?  JinYoungFox, looki and I have just signed up and we have bought their album as well.

As for their new album songs, I think 'A lie' is definitely a hit...I also like their dance movements for it and the MV is great.

For the rest of the songs, I like all the songs...but if I must pull them out..."the moment I fall for you again", "good timing", "melancholy", "sparkling", "drunk on you" and "together" for now...   I find that for their songs, the more you listen, the more you get hooked on them...and it rings non-stop in the head, not just the chorus but the entire song!!! :lol:

You're indeed my seonsaengnim, I clear all the cookies in my PC & problem solved. Yes I just have time to sneak soompi & read the article. Does Lee Se young was that damn horny richard simmons bob hair woman in the video that grab male genital & rejoice it??if that's her what a lame thought if she's thinking written apologize is enough when she was doing an indecent act sexual harassment with fully conscious. B1A4 maybe can't sue them in their comeback period but Infinite & Block B should sue her & other crew. I really don't predict this kind of act could happen in Korea because they're famous as manner freak. 

YG is one of the giant Ent industry alongside with SM & JYP. What I like about YG is because their music are different, instead of giving cutesi same uniform like a toddler school group their group concept was charismatic & fierce that's why some of the group is not selling visually (in 2NE1 only Sandara Park who have magnificent visual :P) but the talent is undoubtedly & most of them can produce their own songs. 

No I'm not a Bana yet, because near end of year so quite busy these days. I try to look their official site when everythings settled down. Ok seonsaengnim I have to go first for work colloquium;)

1 hour ago, febz said:

You're indeed my seonsaengnim, I clear all the cookies in my PC & problem solved. Yes I just have time to sneak soompi & read the article. Does Lee Se young was that damn horny richard simmons bob hair woman in the video that grab male genital & rejoice it??if that's her what a lame thought if she's thinking written apologize is enough when she was doing an indecent act sexual harassment with fully conscious. B1A4 maybe can't sue them in their comeback period but Infinite & Block B should sue her & other crew. I really don't predict this kind of act could happen in Korea because they're famous as manner freak. 

YG is one of the giant Ent industry alongside with SM & JYP. What I like about YG is because their music are different, instead of giving cutesi same uniform like a toddler school group their group concept was charismatic & fierce that's why some of the group is not selling visually (in 2NE1 only Sandara Park who have magnificent visual :P) but the talent is undoubtedly & most of them can produce their own songs. 

No I'm not a Bana yet, because near end of year so quite busy these days. I try to look their official site when everythings settled down. Ok seonsaengnim I have to go first for work colloquium;)

:blush:

I share your thoughts on the issue...B1A4 has made an official statement that they would focus on their comeback, of course the right thing to do now.  There is certainly no stopping of the other groups to address this...  This Lee Se Young....I really do not know what to make out of this adult woman who can make such a crude and indecent act except that there is something short-circuited up there in the brain-neuro dept, insane and abnormal behaviour...especially plus the rejoice part....   

THIS LADY AND SNL Korea better go out there and redeem themselves by GRABBING lots of their albums called "GOOD TIMING"  because precisely 'GOOD TIMING' is saving them from an otherwise ugly lawsuit.   These boys are just happy musicians who love music and want to share their music with their fans, why take advantage of them on the pretext of making them relax before a live show?   Absurd....vacuous excuses.

Sometimes talent is so under-rated in our world, especially in a make-believe world in the entertainment industry.

Anyway BANA registration closes by 15 Dec.  No stress...if no time to be official BANA, can always be next year, next year, next year etc......now I know official BANA is a yearly registration.  Even if you are not officially a BANA but your heart is BANA and support them in other ways, I am sure they would appreciate you.   Official BANA just get some perks for yourself....to them I think they regard all fans BANA  in their hearts as long as you love their music and support their albums and concerts.

I now look forward to their concerts but not sure when I will get to see it yet...will just wait patiently.  

haha...so hard to keep away right?   Same here.

His pictures are all so lovely....I have a hard time downloading them and selecting them to post in my ig....too many good ones... *faint*     I like your fave picture too...he pouted his mouth a bit...

We should be getting these pictures in the album right?  :heart:

I am so looking forward to the show...starting in 15 minutes..

Archived