[Current Drama 2016] That Sun In The Sky 저 하늘에 태양이

valsava

49 minutes ago, msmy said:

I'm not sure either as to why this is a "novel", and what exactly distinguishes it from a daily.  Anyway, I like the way it is written so that some of the crisis situations are snuffed out pretty quickly.  The gossipy article has already been retracted and an apology given, so ex-wife will have to come up with something else.  The movie will be finished in a few more months, so her time is running out.  Preview shows Mr. Nam and IK with little boy playing in the park.  Ex wife may have to go after MW since she thinks he betrayed her and she's left with nothing.

@msmy, Thanks for the update haven't gotten to todays episode and was about to.. Are you also watching first love again and love comes drop by drop these two dailys are going to be good..

Ex wife will go after MW he has no other choice but to betray wifes family because he's going to try and conseal his son with IK as much as possible and I think Mr. Nam will want to marry IK to help her protect the child from all those selfish people.. The longer MW keeps committing crimes the more of and embarrassment he will become to wife and daughter.. I'm looking forward to seeing the look on Mr. Nam sister face when she learns of her greedy husband evil deeds and wish she listen to her brothers voice of reasoning not to marry him.. Mr. Nam senior will be put in a postion from daughter not to touch her husband her daughters father.. I'm wondering will MW old friend show back up the one he was working with at the theater.. I think he was the one that had a crush on MW wife.. 

So off to watch abd comment later CYA Later.

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, msmy said:

I'm not sure either as to why this is a "novel", and what exactly distinguishes it from a daily.  Anyway, I like the way it is written so that some of the crisis situations are snuffed out pretty quickly. 

2 hours ago, sava2sava said:

@lauren2b2  Wow 10 yrs between the 2 and yet they don't seem that far apart I really think Ik is a pretty girl.. But I've also seen both actors in different dramas.. The actor playing MW I always thought he played his roles well in other drama but seeing him and the others doing a Tv novel really has me baffled.. This novel has some grade A&B actors in it and they have been accredited by making names for themselves in the entertainmemt industry.. I'm wondering why this Tv novel.. I thought Tv novels is were underated actors and actress learn how to get in touch with there characters and emotions.  

Per soompi member dramaok (posted in a previous TV Novel thread back in 2004 before soompi's first data lost/crash):

"basically kbs1 usually features a 'novel' like drama in the morning timeslot from mon-sat and they call it tv novel, instead of drama, cuz of the chapter-like format. usually the story is really innocent and retro. like set in early or mid timeframe of this century. some of the past ones were like 'mae hwa yun ga' and 'boon ee'.. they were both about innocent first love set in the 60's in the countryside."

@creidesca... thanks for that explanation.  I'm not sure why those "Frenchy" looking phones are being used, but the desk phones are appropriate for the period.  It's actually refreshing not to see a cellphone glued to everyone's hand for a change.

@sava2sava... I have not started the dramas you mentioned, but I have "Person who gives me happiness" on the watch list.  I won't start it until it's at about 35 or 40 episodes as I seem to get the idea clearer when I can bunch them up.

24 minutes ago, msmy said:

Uh oh.... episode 59 and jerk MW pulls off the kidnapping with dopey bus manager doing the dirty work.

@msmy  So he manage to pull it off If I was Ik I would go straight to his house and inform them all about her and MW child.. I told you she wasn't going to be able to protect that child.. I 

I'm going to be a critic here and say that the end of episode 59 is really poorly done.  First of all, if your 3 year old turned up missing, wouldn't you be frantically running from room to room searching and calling for him?  And why on earth is it so dark in the entrance where people are going in and out? That whole scenario was very awkward and stilted.   Some key points  in the earlier dialogue indicated that Chairman Nam owes Ms. Hong some favors or money (?), so she is petitioning him to be accepting of the things yet to be revealed by IK.  I can't tell from the preview "translation" if IK is going public, but that doesn't have to happen if she goes to Chairman and President Nam and tells on MW.  Chairman is very suspicious anyway of MW at the beginning of the episode and has caught him in a lie.  The best is yet to come.

1 hour ago, msmy said:

I'm going to be a critic here and say that the end of episode 59 is really poorly done.  First of all, if your 3 year old turned up missing, wouldn't you be frantically running from room to room searching and calling for him?  And why on earth is it so dark in the entrance where people are going in and out? That whole scenario was very awkward and stilted.   Some key points  in the earlier dialogue indicated that Chairman Nam owes Ms. Hong some favors or money (?), so she is petitioning him to be accepting of the things yet to be revealed by IK.  I can't tell from the preview "translation" if IK is going public, but that doesn't have to happen if she goes to Chairman and President Nam and tells on MW.  Chairman is very suspicious anyway of MW at the beginning of the episode and has caught him in a lie.  The best is yet to come.

@msmy We have reached the halfway mark in this novel the first 55 episodes has been written very well now were in for the stupidity.. I think she should come out that her son has been kidnap she let MW get the upper hand over her and he will dangle that child in front of her.. IK will be stupid to think if she leaves the industry she will get her child back but MW will never tell her were that child is his next plan will be to kill her if she's go it's no way the child could be link back to him.. So once he has her out of the picture he will also have to get rid of pervy bus company man.. So for the next 20 or 30 episodes we will be for the bumpy of rides there is.. But I must admit this is one of the best novels I have seen written in a long time

Seems bus company man is overcome with guilt and may crack.  Don't know who called the Nam house when Geum Soon answered, but they asked for MW, so maybe it was the police?  GS really glared at MW;  she knows he has something to do with it.  Some clues pop up in the preview for Friday (the picture of the orphanage).

16 minutes ago, msmy said:

Seems bus company man is overcome with guilt and may crack.  Don't know who called the Nam house when Geum Soon answered, but they asked for MW, so maybe it was the police?  GS really glared at MW;  she knows he has something to do with it.  Some clues pop up in the preview for Friday (the picture of the orphanage).

@msmy  He's not going to crack he's taking it all in he's got another man doing time for MW and he also knows MW also behind the kidnappingnow he has enough evidence on MW to blackmail him..  So now the next crime MW committs will be against pervy and all for nothing.. So it's no way he will crack unless it's something in it for him.. I do think the chairman will find out that MW fathered the child with IK and married his daughter because he ran out on his responsibility..

Looks like that lying piece of trash MW now has his wife lying for him.  I guess they'll both be getting kicked out of that house.  Chairman Nam has seen enough to make him suspicious, and the lies can certainly be checked out, so I don't see why the Nams aren't a little more aggressive in dealing with this.  From the previews it appears that  the little boy has been taken out of that orphanage.

1 hour ago, msmy said:

Looks like that lying piece of trash MW now has his wife lying for him.  I guess they'll both be getting kicked out of that house.  Chairman Nam has seen enough to make him suspicious, and the lies can certainly be checked out, so I don't see why the Nams aren't a little more aggressive in dealing with this.  From the previews it appears that  the little boy has been taken out of that orphanage.

@msmy  IK was stupid for going to that orphanage alone she should have taken the police with her and MW BIL..  She should file kidnapping charges against the pervy man.. Now it's either MW paid to have that child moved once it got there.. Some how I think Mr, Nams Ex wife may have taken the baby to use against MW to make him in control of the company but it would be for her and her pervy father.. MW will be working for them against the family that he claims he so dedicated to he fathered a child with the girl knowing full well he don't love her but only wanted to secure himself in that family.. His wife better pray that her father lives a long time or nothing bad happens to him because if anything happens to mafia dad she's up sht creek without a paddle and he will show no respect to her even again.. MW is the type  that will bailout on anyone that won't benefit him.. He's got a taste of power next he needs money..

Also did she find out he has a baby with IK is thats what she was yelling at him about.. She's so into him she will try and help hide that child to keep her father from finding out.. 

No, young Mr. Nam looked into the claim that there was an incident with the production crew and found that it was not so.  So then he and his Father questioned  big liar as to why he was called to the police station, and MW lied again and said someone (anonymously) filed a work related complaint.  When they acted like that was curious and suspicious, wife jumped in and said, "I knew all about it.  He told me about it.  Stop attacking MW, he didn't do anything wrong".  (All lies).  She doesn't know about the baby, so when that is finally revealed, you know what will hit the fan.  You are right, sava2save, MW is all for himself, and will quickly sell out bus guy, so let's see what kind of learning curve bus guy needs to finally "get it".  I hope the kidnapping doesn't go for 50 more episodes.

22 minutes ago, calledtoteach said:

I am curious.  Does anyone else think the old man took the little boy, like I do?

@calledtoteach  It's either the old man or his son Ex=wife she will use that baby somehow to try and control MW and IK..

I have yet to watch the latest episode and was wondering what happen to the child Ik can still put sleezy perv in jail for kidnapping and MW ordering t or is she just letting it pass..  Ik is stupid for letting them use her child to toy with her life she needs to out MW for being the childs father..

I haven't watched today's episode with subs yet, but bus guy was just as surprised as IK that the boy was not at the orphanage (or so she was told).  Bus guy told MW and I think he was set back also.  Somebody's lying.

Archived