[Drama 2016] Romantic Doctor, Teacher Kim 낭만닥터 김사부 Baeksang Best Director

pandalover1

16 hours ago, supergal99 said:

Yessss....the catwalk scene...cool...:glasses:

Nurse Oh's outfit is Jjang..haha...

I can't help but notice....where's Nurse Eun Tak? Busy being a king somewhere else?:grimace:

Sad that the drama gonna end so soon....The Doldam hospital's whereabouts aside, I hope the storylines of Doctor Nam's malpractice suit and infidelity of SJ's ex would be wrapped up in finale.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Kasmic So i lost the bet, i'll change my avatar but wait for the others...hehe

I hope the last episode more focus about personal characters of them, especially YSJ, her growrth not enough for me. Yes, personally she is a mature and sincere doctor but i don't feel so much about her growth all this time. She even hasn't lead an operation, and how her skill in operation room that i want to see badly. How about her dream? do a combine with KSB, will we can see it? About her past as you've mention. I am not expect too much about her mother death, i think it just an usual problem, but about her fiance make me very curious, at least i want her know the truth.

Don't forget to mention our OTP relationship. I hope they'll announce their relation formally. I want to see more cheesy romance scene between them...:wub:

I hope the cameo not steal too much screen. We don't have much time to reveal and resolve all the problems.

Ah btw, between doldam avengers, Mr. Jang joined them to Geodae as manager of surgical team??

@Bambiina "I'm so angry I can eat a cow" - lol okay you had me chuckling at the end of your post since that's so cute. Aww, please, do not mind my disagreements and do keep coming and vent as you please. It seems like we do have very different views and expectations when it comes to Dong Joo but we can always agree to disagree, after offering views from each sides. Do check out ep. 19 to see if it can appease your anger (for me who did not think about DJ the way you do, I really like how they reconcile the matter between DJ and KSB :lol: but idk how will you think of it). Anyway, I don't think it's possible for the 4 of them to work together in the last episode since the big surgery which would require GS and CS participation like CEO Shin's surgery won't come. I think they would conclude the show by showing the harmony between the characters since they have become a full fledged Doldam family.  

@angel2013 @fikachuuu I really really like that phone call scene between SJ and DJ's mom - it makes me feel so touched. Idk why but when watching the scene when their convo was about to fade and the sound of the railyway coming in, I feel a pang of sadness for thinking that SJ must be missing to have her own phone conversation with her own mom on trivial matters like side dishes and all too. But it also makes me so warm and happy to see her feel delighted to have the convo. It's like DJ's mom now becoming her own too, as she asked her what she likes and they're talking happily so naturally. She now has DJ, a future MIL who's just like a mom, then she can adopt the haraboji in as well (lol) and being with Doldam family.  

30 minutes ago, anggun11 said:

I hope the last episode more focus about personal characters of them, especially YSJ, her growrth not enough for me. Yes, personally she is a mature and sincere doctor but i don't feel so much about her growth all this time. She even hasn't lead an operation, and how her skill in operation room that i want to see badly. How about her dream? do a combine with KSB, will we can see it? About her past as you've mention. I am not expect too much about her mother death, i think it just an usual problem, but about her fiance make me very curious, at least i want her know the truth.

I hope same because SJ's mother death, part SJ and IB talk about P.Do is father SJ but she said mother and IB's father is friend her mother was a very loving father but her doesn't know whether my father go.

10 hours ago, demarchelier said:

TV RATINGS - EPISODE 19

"Romantic Doctor Teacher Kim" sets record, again!

Spoiler

photo806167.jpg

Who will stop "Romantic Doctor Teacher Kim"?

According to Nielsen Korea, the SBS drama "Romantic Doctor Teacher Kim" rated 26.7%.

This is the best record yet. "Romantic Doctor Teacher Kim" has been setting new records with every episode.

KBS 2TV drama "Hwarang" came in second with 7.6% which is a 0.7% increase and KBS 2TV drama "Night Light" came in last with 4%.

Source : www.newsen.com/news_v...

http://www.hancinema.net/romantic-doctor-teacher-kim-sets-record-again--102304.html

NOBODY CAN STOP THEM!THEY ARE THE BEST!!!CONGRATULATIONS!

'Dr. Romantic' scores strong viewership of over 30 pct in Seoul

SEOUL, Jan. 11 (Yonhap) -- TV drama "Dr. Romantic" has surpassed 30 percent in viewership with its latest episode, data showed Wednesday.

The 19th episode of the SBS TV medical series has recorded a viewership rating of 30.1 percent in Seoul, the first time it has reached that milestone since premiering on Nov. 7, according to data by media ratings company Nielsen Korea.

The drama on Tuesday was watched by 26.7 percent of viewers across South Korea and 28.6 percent in Seoul and nearby cities, reaching new heights in all categories.

The ratings are exceptionally high for weekday soaps as recent dramas have struggled to even reach the ten percent mark.

Spoiler

Above is a still from "Dr. Romantic" provided by SBS. (Yonhap)

Above is a still from "Dr. Romantic" provided by SBS. (Yonhap)

"Dr. Romantic" stars veteran actor Han Suk-kyu in the role of Boo Yong-joo, a legendary-yet-mysterious surgeon with upstanding morals, who aims to turn a rundown hospital into a top-class institution despite his rivals' attempts to bring him down. The high profile actor won a "2016 SBS Drama Award" for his outstanding portrayal of an upright, charismatic surgeon.

In the latest episode, Boo finally rises up to reveal the truth encompassing the deeply-rooted irregularities of his previous workplace, Seoul's top hospital, where he left 14 years ago after a traumatic incident. The drama, with only one episode remaining, has piqued the curiosity of fans as to how Boo will carry out his full-fledged counterattack.

The Monday-Tuesday series has garnered much attention due to its close resemblance with the problems the society face today including abuse of power, outbreak of MERS due to the collapse of the central control tower, doctors with little experience disguising themselves as professionals and doctors more interested in wielding power than taking care of patients.

"Dr. Romantic" will air its final episode on Monday and send out a special thank-you episode penned by screenwriter Kang Eun-kyung the following day.

Spoiler

This compilation of images shows stills from "Dr. Romantic." (Yonhap)

This compilation of images shows stills from "Dr. Romantic." (Yonhap)

Meanwhile, the dramas that were aired at the same time slot on other networks, KBS's "Hwarang" and MBC TV's "Night Light," rated 7.6 percent and 4 percent, respectively.

deserts@yna.co.kr

(END)

http://english.yonhapnews.co.kr/culturesports/2017/01/11/0701000000AEN20170111010600315.html

ONE MORE ARTICLE ABOUT THEIR SUCCESS...

1 hour ago, Chi Le said:

i read somewhere there is 1 episode extension, so is there 1 or 2 episode left?

The drama will end at episode 20, but there will be a special prequel (?) episode the next day after ep. 20 airs. I think the focus will be about Doldam Hospital backstory. Plus there will be a cameo by Kim Hye Soo too (I'm so excited!). 

Usually SBS will release the next episode's teaser after the airing of re-run episodes of RDTK on Saturday. It usually starts at 1.15pm(?) and ends at 3.15pm KST (2 episodes back to back). I can't wait for next episode's teaser, tho sad that it's gonna end. 

@Bambiina as what @daydreamer115 said, we can agree to disagree haha, hope you don't get angry for too long cos DJ didn't and he already reconciled with TK, so there there reconcile back with RDTK :w00t: after all we only have 2 more precious episodes left.

@anggun11 I don't think so one episode for everything but they will answer the major ones. And yep so sad, that TK and SJ cannot join the rewards trip ajskdhfkajhfkh they aren't complete without them. But what to do, the reward trip is a last minute thingy they probably do have schedules lined up already and somehow cannot rearrange them. I'm sure HJ will join if she can, I don't know about HSK since he's such a veteran plus he got a family(wait his family should go too hehehe)

Although we know in the end Doldam team will win the fight but still I am looking foward to how they will thrash Dir Do and Geodae this time, I want to enjoy the taste of their victory! The special episode better be good and not some compilations from the old episodes but something totally new, we can expect that right? <_<

hey all... was thinking about ep19 again and I realised that my review didn't speak about Seo Jung and Nurse Oh who also had great moments in the episode! So I wrote a second post on ep19... sharing it with everyone here.. enjoy! 

https://kdramaanalysis.wordpress.com/2017/01/11/rdtk-episode-19-doctors-and-righteous-people-seo-jung-nurse-oh/

Can't believe the show's ending so soon... so much to say about the great characters in this series! :)

8 minutes ago, heroonthebeach said:

hey all... was thinking about ep19 again and I realised that my review didn't speak about Seo Jung and Nurse Oh who also had great moments in the episode! So I wrote a second post on ep19... sharing it with everyone here.. enjoy! 

https://kdramaanalysis.wordpress.com/2017/01/11/rdtk-episode-19-doctors-and-righteous-people-seo-jung-nurse-oh/

Can't believe the show's ending so soon... so much to say about the great characters in this series! :)

Thanks for the comprehensive review on these 2 amazing ladies in RDTK team! I loved them both to bits, and yes while people may think SJ is a bit more passive in this episode in her show of support for DJ but I think she knows just what DJ needs, they never really spent that much time together, (5 years lost in between) and yet they have that unspoken chemistry between them that is electrifying to watch. She did mouthed "good job" to him though after he apologise to the woman who was quite annoying to me. Nurse Oh is a support to TK, she knows when she needs to stand up and voice out and when she needs to just silently stand and keep watch, I find that they make a great pair like DJ and SJ, can we pair them up? hahaha sorry Manager Jang.

Get ready those whom already made their bets, calling all participants...time to test your creativity in changing your avatars.... one week till the finale ep not that long away. Let's have some fun chingues. To change your avatar just go to your profile pic and follow the prompts to change it. You might need to change your pic size to allow soompi to add your new pic profile.

Congratulations our winners - @fairy1996 and @anjelikaeyes13 good-job-onion-head-emoticon.gif?1292862

Spoiler

1. Kang Dong Joo

2.  Yoon Seo Jung

3. Nurse Park

4. Psychologist daughter

5. Unknown child/ person yet to be revealed

@fairy1996

@anjelikaeyes13

@supergal99

@sejunie

@angel2013

@Kasmic

@anggun11

@lavender2love

Some examples that I created before and some new ones as well.... just some ideas remember you can make your own. Just for fun. :lol: Im changing mine now as well but the quality is  :confounded:

Spoiler

ezgif.com-9ce01875fa.gif 1hgen0.gifezgif.com-9e84558f4a.gif

ezgif.com-c1404ae6ec.gif&key=3a26ab3d2df

ezgif.com-73ec85c6b5.gif&key=42f961592e2

10 minutes ago, Kasmic said:

Get ready those whom already made their bets, calling all participants...time to test your creativity in changing your avatars.... one week till the finale ep not that long away. Let's have some fun chingues. To change your avatar just go to your profile pic and follow the prompts to change it. You might need to change your pic size to allow soompi to add your new pic profile.

Congratulations our winners - @fairy1996 and @anjelikaeyes13 good-job-onion-head-emoticon.gif?1292862

Hide contents

1. Kang Dong Joo

2.  Yoon Seo Jung

3. Nurse Park

4. Psychologist daughter

5. Unknown child/ person yet to be revealed

@fairy1996

@anjelikaeyes13

Some examples that I created before and some new ones as well.... just some ideas remember you can make your own. Just for fun. :lol: Im changing mine now as well but the quality is  :confounded:

Hide contents

Kyaa thanks for making them, I love all 3 of them, I can rotate them as I wish hahaha I will have Mr cute for a day, TK the next and YSJ for the rest of the days kkkk

And it was fun, thanks for the game!

Wait I dunno how to adjust the gif, it became an image instead! help me! :sweatingbullets:

Congrats RDTK team for higher ratings.

TK is such a remarkable surgeon. II was impressed he sent his BEST Senior Nurse Oh & Dr Nam to assist Dr KDJ's surgery, knowing that KDJ is in unstable state. A good team in OR is essential for patient's surgery to be successful which also includes the assistant surgeon and the circulating nurse (floor nurse).

Allowing SJ to take over the other part of surgery, shows TK as a good teacher/ mentor. This experience will be added into her CV for future advancement. (I've worked with so many junior Doctors who are so eager to have a 'hands on' in MAJOR surgeries. It might look easy for viewers to see the action' cut, cut' but one needs a steady hands and the right technique to handle the scissors itself. Many nurses and Drs shakes / trembles on their 1st few experiences. By assisting and practicing on their own, will help to develop their confident level..

RDTK teams have been trained exceptionally well as they truly look like professionals.

I was very frustrated to see DJ's behavior once he learnt TK was the Dr in charge of his father. Luckily Epi 19 managed to redeem my faith in the writer again and YYS's portrayal of DJ was spot on. 

I laughed so much with TK suddenly sticking out his tongue to PD. That was really unexpected and shocking .:w00t::w00t: and of course the AVENGERS team marching into Geodae Hospital was the BEST part of Epi 19.

Besides RDTK, only 2 medical Kdramas that have truly impressed me with exceptional storyline and best castings..Amazingly it was 'Surgeon Bong', also directed by RDTK Director and BRAIN with Daesang's winner SHK.

On Kang Dong Joo 

How would you feel when the person who gave direction to your life, the person whom you emulated and had hoped to become at some future point in your life, turned out to be connected with your father's death? 

Cool and decisive Dr. Kang pretty much lost it when he learned about TK's involvement with the VIP case which drastically affected his father's chances at survival. He had to grapple with this new reality, that what he knew as fact wasn't exactly as cut and dried as it seemed, that he may have been lied to because TK kept confirming his worst fears the more he tried to pry the truth out of TK. What made it worse was he couldn't help himself, he had to publicly reveal everything in all sundry because old feelings of anger and frustration resurfaced when he encountered a case almost completely identical to his father's. It didn't help when TK's manner at doing the triage for those triple surgeries triggered his outrage, the dissecting aneurysm case again took a backseat. 

DJ knew TK's current reasoning was sound and logical. What he couldn't understand was his uncontrollable rage at the situation. He couldn't wrap his head around what was turning out to be logical reasoning behind TK's decision way back 14 years ago involving his father. DJ's bias against the privileged few was deeply ingrained, he thought all along, his father was passed over because they had lesser means. So imagine his surprise when he learned that his father's tragedy wasn't actually about social standing but was really about emergent need? 

PD may have wanted to cause a rift between TK and his new beloved pupil, but what he inadvertently caused was DJ's awakening on what it would take to be a good surgeon.

The conversation between DJ and TK after DJ's recent meltdown involving the guardians of his two surgical cases was golden. What TK told him about the flak surgeons recieve from patients or at least the relatives of patients post surgery was true. As a surgeon, the one holding the knife and cutting into patients, he should be more gracious. Operating on patients is a privilege. For a surgeon, every case brings in a wealth of information he could carry over to refine his skills. So aside from helping them, a surgeon must always be mindful of the opportunity they were given to treat those people and they should always be thankful. That was actually why TK was urging DJ to apologize to those he offended by his arrogance. But of course, DJ initially refused, until DN had to explain to him TK's past and the bitter pill he had to swallow to protect people including the young DJ.

DJ's apology to the guardian of the patient with the penetrating injury was actually very meaningful. Along with his apology he told her that people at Doldam treat patients equally, irregardless of status and that she couldn't find a more sincere set of doctors anywhere else. Now that's more like it. DJ still has a lot to learn from TK and everyone else at Doldam and I believe by being a good doctor, he will  achieve what he originally aimed to do "... to become the better human being than those people." DJ finally got his much needed reboot. 

Archived