[Drama 2016] My Wife’s Having an Affair this Week 이번 주, 아내가 바람을 핍니다

Go Seung Ji

1 hour ago, liliph said:

LSK and SJH will have great chemistry!

i can already imagine how these two will biggering and nagging at each other on screen :D

LSK is not the best-looking actor but he is really charming and he did a great Job in "Pasta"!

i'm curious who will play the part of the third Party ;)

I though Lee Sang Yeob will be third party for male..I heard he such a good actor..

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All of actors that has signed on are experienced actor. I only watch drama special which has Boa in it. She is decent. 

Can't wait for October

Spoiler

I read somewhere that the wife really cheat on his husband and her character not a sympathetic one.

8 hours ago, Malam Siang said:

I though Lee Sang Yeob will be third party for male..I heard he such a good actor..

5 hours ago, Rin90 said:

Yep he is good actor

Yes, Lee Sang-Yeob is a very versatile actor. I have totally fallen for him in "The House of Bluebird" where he was both very charming and flirtatious at times, and very pained and torn in others.  Then in "Signal" he totally blew my mind as a serial killer who was abused as a child. And this week he had a fantastic cameo on "Doctors."

5 hours ago, Sweet Pea said:

All of actors that has signed on are experienced actor. I only watch drama special which has Boa in it. She is decent. 

Can't wait for October

Hide contents

I read somewhere that the wife really cheat on his husband and her character not a sympathetic one.

That's the japanese version, I think and hope the korean version will be different on this aspect and maybe later on in the story give an explanation or tell the story from the wife's standpoint, that would give the story a much deepr meaning, and make the lovestory muuch more captivating for the viewers :)

15 hours ago, liliph said:

I just watched the Movie "a Hard Day" with LSK - he's a very good actor! :)

can't wait to see how LSK and SJH would act out the korean version of the remake! 

Hope the drama will get good reviews! 

Me too, I also hope they will be filmed when they first meet each-other and of course during the first script reading

Many things depend on whether this drama decides to be light-hearted or contemplative and melo.  If it chooses to be a comedy then I think the wife won't be cheating at all, maybe just playing him the husband.  This is more typical of a korean drama.  But if it goes more serious, then all bets are off and we could end up with something like Secret Love Affair, which was also produced by JTBC.  Although if they choose to go this route they would probably cast a more heavy weight actress for the wife.  The choice of SJH makes me think we will have a light rom-com in our hand.  That and the fact that this is only a 12-episode drama, not nearly enough to tell a heavy story, in my humble opinion.

But I am really liking the fact that the director did an awesome job with his previous drama.  Just hope whoever writes it also does a good job.  Who is it anyway?  

19 hours ago, liliph said:

I just watched the Movie "a Hard Day" with LSK - he's a very good actor! :)

can't wait to see how LSK and SJH would act out the korean version of the remake! 

Hope the drama will get good reviews! 

Yes, he is a well-established movie actor in Korea, though a lot less popular with the younger international audience.  Check out also Helpless, another movie of his where he plays a husband who finds out his wife is not who he thinks she is.  Or for a totally different role, in Petty Romance he plays a manhwa artist who has to work with a female writer cause he sucks at telling a good story.  

I would loove it if it turned out to be a melodrama, i have for some time wanted to see Song Ji Hyo in a melodrama,with a femme fatale role, this would be like a dream come true. i can't imagine a serious lot like this turning into romcom, it would have soo much deepth as a melodrama.

does anyone know when they will beginn filming?

42 minutes ago, mary-ann said:

I would loove it if it turned out to be a melodrama, i have for some time wanted to see Song Ji Hyo in a melodrama,with a femme fatale role, this would be like a dream come true. i can't imagine a serious lot like this turning into romcom, it would have soo much deepth as a melodrama.

does anyone know when they will beginn filming?

But you realize that it's going to be hard to make her character a sympathetic one if she does indeed cheat on the husband character.  We can kind of safely guess that the casting of of LSK would give us a husband worth our sympathy.  And Korean drama industry tends to want to protect its female leads.  It's hard for me to imagine any main lead wanting to play a less than safe character.

Having said all that I would be more than happy to be proven wrong and have either one of the couple turn out less than sympathetic, as long as the character is well-written and well acted.

Whether it is a lighthearted romcom or a melo - for me it's fine as long as JH can prove her acting!

She definetely need to show another side of her to make her more known as a actress and not a variety star! 

So let's wait for the character descriptions ;)

On 8/10/2016 at 11:24 PM, irilight said:

Yes, Lee Sang-Yeob is a very versatile actor. I have totally fallen for him in "The House of Bluebird" where he was both very charming and flirtatious at times, and very pained and torn in others.  Then in "Signal" he totally blew my mind as a serial killer who was abused as a child. And this week he had a fantastic cameo on "Doctors."

Im crying in his cameo in Doctors. 

I didnt watch signal cz im not into action or thriller drama but he dfntly cn express hs chrcter with daebak skill acting! 

1 hour ago, liliph said:

Whether it is a lighthearted romcom or a melo - for me it's fine as long as JH can prove her acting!

She definetely need to show another side of her to make her more known as a actress and not a variety star! 

So let's wait for the character descriptions ;)

I hope ths drama is romantic comedy. I love seeing LSK being cute. If melo, ths drama will be heavy which mean they will face hard situation (divorce) :(:(

I am fine with either romcom or melow as long as it delivered. So far LSK drama always my romcom or heartwarming type. I follow him since Triple. And SJH drama, while it's not always popular at least she act in decent plot drama which i like.

As for the original it says comedy-healing dorama which touch such a serious content with comedy. It's interesting theme though. And i am curious how korean will remake this. Ofcourse of the wife story follow the original i will like it, since it proves that SJH consistently pick a project by its story, not a character that she will play or whether the drama will become hit or not.

And oh, i can't wait for both scene stealer ye ji won and lee sang yeob. She is hillarious on oh hae young but also deep. And lee sang yeob makes me afraid go home alone at night after watching signal. And also Kim Hee Won ajusshi which i think an effective and pitiful villain on Awl. Ah, also the PD of this drama is the same person with Awl right? It was great and pretty serious drama.

8 hours ago, sadiesmith said:

But you realize that it's going to be hard to make her character a sympathetic one if she does indeed cheat on the husband character.  We can kind of safely guess that the casting of of LSK would give us a husband worth our sympathy.  And Korean drama industry tends to want to protect its female leads.  It's hard for me to imagine any main lead wanting to play a less than safe character.

Having said all that I would be more than happy to be proven wrong and have either one of the couple turn out less than sympathetic, as long as the character is well-written and well acted.

I don't think it's going to be hard to make hr character a sympatic on, as long as they later on the story give her a reason to why she had an affair, maybe as a flashback we get to later see it from the Wifes perspective, regardless of how the story will unfold, i'm sooo fricken excited for this drama

Well, I dont care this drama rom com or melo but I'm prefer melodrama, I want to see another side from Jihyo, she acting really excellent in Goong and Frozen Flower, after she join Running Man, ermmm, she not really good in acting..Emergency Couple each one her success drama as female lead but her acting just little bit improve not too good just so so...So, I'm glad she will acting with her senior like Lee Sun Kyun, he good actor, and Lee Sang Yeob, he also good actor, Ye Jiwon, she excellent, this time she must be got learn from them how to improve her acting skill, this director who make AWL drama right?I heard AWL is good drama, so I have higher expectations from the plot and this story..By the way, anyone know how the full story Japanese Version?Did his wife cheating or just he misunderstand about it?

12 minutes ago, Malam Siang said:

By the way, anyone know how the full story Japanese Version?Did his wife cheating or just he misunderstand about it?

Spoiler

Well, i read from some thread the wife did cheating and the husband try to give them second chance but eventually he couldn't forgive her

By the way i agree that her acting hit and miss, though she is my favourite celebrity i can't say that about her acting. I wish she could improve her acting through this project. She is hard worker and knows what she lacking anyway. My fave project by her so far jumong and crime squad which song appa as her co star. Looking forward for this drama.

8 minutes ago, Sweet Pea said:
  Hide contents

Well, i read from some thread the wife did cheating and the husband try to give them second chance but eventually he couldn't forgive her

Auwwwww, hermmm, if her wife did it, so Lee Sun Gyun character must be sympathy and depressed husband..Its okay, so this challenges character for Jihyo to bring (sexy and cheating wife), I never imagined she could bring this kind of role, but let seing (maybe she be like that because of his mistake in past) so I cant waiting for this drama..JTBC drama never disappointed but problem maybe in rating because its cable channel..

Archived