[Drama 2016] My Wife’s Having an Affair this Week 이번 주, 아내가 바람을 핍니다

Go Seung Ji

1 hour ago, Malam Siang said:

Auwwwww, hermmm, if her wife did it, so Lee Sun Gyun character must be sympathy and depressed husband..Its okay, so this challenges character for Jihyo to bring (sexy and cheating wife), I never imagined she could bring this kind of role, but let seing (maybe she be like that because of his mistake in past) so I cant waiting for this drama..JTBC drama never disappointed but problem maybe in rating because its cable channel..

I could totally imagine her in this role, because i always wanted her to take this kind of role, I was really impressed with her acting in frozen flower, there she showed a sexy, elegant and seducing side to her, and I absolutely adored her in Emergency couple, her ability  to make me relate to her and completely captivate me as a viewer, shows how realistic her acting is, i have watched emergency couple at least 10  times over and over again, it's my favourite drama ever. I also really liked ex-girlfriend club she is soo gorgeous with all the different hairstyles and showed soo much charm onscreen and had flirtatious personality in her recent drama and additionally had soo many sweet romantic scenes. I really enjoyed all her previous dramas/movies, and can't wait to see her in this one, i'm sure she will nail this role and can't wait to see her chemistry with Lee Sun Gyun, she always has amazing chemistry with her partners, i really look forward to see them together!

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/10/2016 at 2:04 PM, mary-ann said:

That's the japanese version, I think and hope the korean version will be different on this aspect and maybe later on in the story give an explanation or tell the story from the wife's standpoint, that would give the story a much deepr meaning, and make the lovestory muuch more captivating for the viewers

Interesting thoughts, @mary-ann.

I have not seen the Japanese version, but I got an impression from the plot description on AsianWiki, that the wife may not have cheated on her husband yet, and that through this experience he has learned more about her needs, and how to re-kindle love and marriage.

Based on a true event, this heartwarming comedy follows his path to try to find the meaning of marriage and the way to rebuild his family

On 8/11/2016 at 9:58 AM, sadiesmith said:

Yes, he is a well-established movie actor in Korea, though a lot less popular with the younger international audience.  Check out also Helpless, another movie of his where he plays a husband who finds out his wife is not who he thinks she is.  Or for a totally different role, in Petty Romance he plays a manhwa artist who has to work with a female writer cause he sucks at telling a good story.  

@sadiesmith thank you for the recommendations. I did see Helpless and liked it.  I have seen him in "Hard Day" which @liliph recommended above and liked it too. I will check out Pretty Romance. I also liked him in Oki's Movie by Hong Sang-Soon (but I understand it is not for everyone), and Romantic Island (which was just so so... nothing too special).  I'll try to see more movies with him before this drama starts.

I totally loved him in Pasta drama with Gong Hyo-Jin. He was also in Coffee Prince drama which was very popular.

14 hours ago, Sweet Pea said:

And also Kim Hee Won ajusshi which i think an effective and pitiful villain on Awl. Ah, also the PD of this drama is the same person with Awl right? It was great and pretty serious drama.

oh.. I totally forgot that I have seen Kim Hee-Won in Awl. Thank you for the reminder @SweetPea. And yes, this is the PDnim of Awl. That was one awesome drama based on real events.

15 hours ago, Rin90 said:

I didnt watch signal cz im not into action or thriller drama but he dfntly cn express hs chrcter with daebak skill acting! 

14 hours ago, Sweet Pea said:

And oh, i can't wait for both scene stealer ye ji won and lee sang yeob. She is hillarious on oh hae young but also deep. And lee sang yeob makes me afraid go home alone at night after watching signal.

@SweetPea, Yes, I agree that Ye Ji-Won was totally a scene stealer in in Oh Hae-Young.  I am very curious about her character here.

@SweetPea, @Rin90,  I you want to see Lee Sang Yeob in a lighter role try House of Bluebird. It is a family drama, and he is so charming in it.
He is also very charming in Master: God of Noodles. Many said that he and Gong Seung-Yeon (who was his love interest) was the reason they tuned in to the drama. They were amazing as a couple, even though they were not the leads. But that's a revenge drama, so not for everyone. Just his character was so sweet in it.

6 hours ago, Malam Siang said:

this director who make AWL drama right?I heard AWL is good drama, so I have higher expectations from the plot and this story..By the way, anyone know how the full story Japanese Version?Did his wife cheating or just he misunderstand about it?

I may be wrong, but my impression from reading the description of the Japanese drama, is that the wife did not cheat. She was about to, and hubby found out about it, and set about to heal his marriage. 

A man who is content with his life - decent job and wonderful wife - suddenly faces the crisis of marriage when he finds out his wife is about to have an affair. As he's too embarrassed to turn to people around him, he starts posting questions on a message board on internet asking for advice. My wife is going to have an affair this week. What should I do? Based on a true event, this heartwarming comedy follows his path to try to find the meaning of marriage and the way to rebuild his family. Life is not always as it seems like. You always have to look what is underneath, otherwise you'll miss some important thing...

But if she ends up cheating in this drama, I do hope that her character is layered enough so as to get sympathy from viewers despite that fact.

I'm searching about Japanese version, I cant find any video about it, but from I saw the cover picture look like Japanese version is romantic comedy and read fans comment its funny drama.. so if korean remake, must be rom com too..I found the title of Japanese version each episode: I'm conclude from the title look like that true his wife having an affair behind him..her husband read her phone massage(that her booking room hotel and he trying investigate about it).:flushed:

Episode 1 - Man in A Big Pinch, Episode 2- A desperate wedding anniversary, Episode 3 - Love and investigation of courage, Episode 4 - The reason for having an affair is?, Episode 5 - The fickle man and the frontal confrontation, Episode 6 - The impact of the wife confession, Episode 7 - Wife reason and the circumstances of husband, Episode 8 - When the wife is punished, Episode 9 - The place where the wife wants to comeback to, Episode 10 - To love cause separation, Last episode - Choice of happiness 

https://www.episodate.com/tv-show/konshu-tsuma-ga-uwaki-shimasu?season=1 (the link of each episode title)

So husband role maybe cause sympathy because his wife cheating, dont know the reason why his wife cheat(hope the reason may cause sympathy to her, I'm scared if fans will hate her wife role) and dont know the ended is happy ending or sad ending..I hope both side got happy ending even if they're not together again(but hope they being together until the end)...

Ps: I read comment that Dodoh(husband) mom forgive her(wife) for cheating on him..so this mean maybe they will get together eventhough his wife cheating to him but in the line of his word towards his wife "that he realized he can never forgive his wife  :tears:"..but seing the review from the audience Japanese version this drama so good but the female lead not good bring her character..oh cant wait..so waiting for description more about this drama and their character(korean version)..I'm little bit feel funny, because Jihyo personality seing in RM will different with her role in this drama..Hope she will do better, good luck..

2 hours ago, Malam Siang said:

I'm searching about Japanese version, I cant find any video about it, but from I saw the cover picture look like Japanese version is romantic comedy and read fans comment its funny drama.. so if korean remake, must be rom com too..I found the title of Japanese version each episode: I'm conclude from the title look like that true his wife having an affair behind him..her husband read her phone massage(that her booking room hotel and he trying investigate about it).:flushed:

Episode 1 - Man in A Big Pinch, Episode 2- A desperate wedding anniversary, Episode 3 - Love and investigation of courage, Episode 4 - The reason for having an affair is?, Episode 5 - The fickle man and the frontal confrontation, Episode 6 - The impact of the wife confession, Episode 7 - Wife reason and the circumstances of husband, Episode 8 - When the wife is punished, Episode 9 - The place where the wife wants to comeback to, Episode 10 - To love cause separation, Last episode - Choice of happiness 

https://www.episodate.com/tv-show/konshu-tsuma-ga-uwaki-shimasu?season=1 (the link of each episode title)

So husband role maybe cause sympathy because his wife cheating, dont know the reason why his wife cheat(hope the reason may cause sympathy to her, I'm scared if fans will hate her wife role) and dont know the ended is happy ending or sad ending..I hope both side got happy ending even if they're not together again(but hope they being together until the end)...

Ps: I read comment that Dodoh(husband) mom forgive her(wife) for cheating on him..so this mean maybe they will get together eventhough his wife cheating to him but in the line of his word towards his wife "that he realized he can never forgive his wife  :tears:"..but seing the review from the audience Japanese version this drama so good but the female lead not good bring her character..oh cant wait..so waiting for description more about this drama and their character(korean version)..I'm little bit feel funny, because Jihyo personality seing in RM will different with her role in this drama..Hope she will do better, good luck..

Song Ji Hyo usually always shows very different sides to her depending on the role, so just sit back and let yourself be captivated by the story, i'm sooooo soooo excited and can't wait for the first script-reading to see more pictures of the main cast together

On 16/08/2016 at 6:10 AM, Malam Siang said:

MOD EDIT: do not quote images/pictures

From jihyochina update, this drama will filming in 3 weeks, so far scripts epi 1 - 4 already out..

OMG i'm sooo fricken excited, can't wait to see the pictures of their first meeting

On 16/08/2016 at 6:10 AM, Malam Siang said:

MOD EDIT: do not quote images/pictures

From jihyochina update, this drama will filming in 3 weeks, so far scripts epi 1 - 4 already out..

YAY!!  That means they would hold script reading anytime now.  Is anyone who reads Korean able to see who the heck the writer is?  Now that the script is out we should have information on that, right?

On 16/8/2016 at 5:59 PM, sadiesmith said:

YAY!!  That means they would hold script reading anytime now.  Is anyone who reads Korean able to see who the heck the writer is?  Now that the script is out we should have information on that, right?

I can't wait for some news to be out about this upcoming drama soon

On 8/4/2016 at 0:06 AM, irilight said:

Good news everyone :)

Viki now has a channel for our drama.  Please make sure to click on the + sign to follow the channel.

https://www.viki.com/tv/32576c-my-wife-is-having-an-affair

Please, also continue to submit sub request forms.  I hope this drama gets licensed.

https://vikiinc.wufoo.com/forms/title-request-form/

It's encouraging to see that the channel now has 200 followers.  But Viki still has not obtained the license so please keep submitting the request forms and ask your friends to follow the drama.  My device does not have the dramafever app on it (Kindle Fire) so I am really anxious to have viki get the license for this.  

Honestly i'm relieved that 'Entourage' will Start a little later than this Drama. 'Entourage' Is so Star-studded so i was Little bit worried... 

In the past it was 'Producer' which stole the whole attention... 

Archived