(Awl, Old Miss Diary)

Writer

Lee Nam Gyu

(No Previous Project)

Episodes:  12 

Broadcast Period

2016-Oct-28 to 2016-Dec-03 , Friday & Saturday 20:30

About the Show

The series is being described as a cheerful and comical drama that deals with infidelity and marital reconciliation, and centers around three couples. Lee Seon-kyun is one-half of the drama’s central couple, paired with Song Ji-hyo (Ex-Girlfriend Club); he’s a veteran PD who once dreamed of being a film director, and she’s the “world-class supermom” who’s got it all together at home and at work. They’ve been married for eight years in what he believed was a strong relationship, until he catches on to a sign that his wife is on the verge of cheating, at which point he turns to the internet for advice.

Meanwhile, Lee Sang-yub (Master of Noodle) and pop star BoA (Anticipating Romance) form a secondary pair as a PD and a writer. Their relationship is described as blowing a strange breeze of flirtation between “a man who’s definitely married, but seems like he’s got a story to him” and “a cool woman with divorce in her past.”

Then there’s Kim Hee-won (Awl, Let’s Eat 2) and Yeh Ji-won (Oh Hae-young Again) as the last pair. He’s an adulterous divorce attorney playing the role of a good husband, while she is a housewife who seems like she’s naive and blissfully ignorant, but is really “a lion hiding its sharp claws.” 

[Dramabeans]

Production Information

"My Wife's Having an Affair this Week" takes over the JTBC Fridays & Saturdays 20:30 time slot previously occupied by "Fantastic" and will be followed by "Strong Woman Do Bong-Soon" January, 2017.

Cast of Characters

Cast

Main Cast

Lee Sun Kyun as Do Hyun Woo

Song Ji Hyo as Jung Soo Yun (Hyun Woo’s wife)

Supporting Cast

Lee Sang Yeob as Ahn Joon Young

BoA as Kwon Bo Young

Kim Hee Won as Choi Yoon Gi

Ye Ji Won as Eun Ah Ra

Baek Bo Ram

Cameo

Jung Yoo Mi
Eun Ji Won

Source: Asianwiki | Dramawiki | Koreandrama

01.Soompi code of conduct SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

Don't post any requests for subs!

Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. 

Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like, Viki, Dramafever, Kdrama.com or Crunchyroll) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yay!!  So excited for Lee Seon-kyun's return to dramaland.  His last drama Miss Korea was three years ago and though it is an awesome drama it was so underappreciated.  Hope this one is just as good.  I heard that the PD did an awesome job with the previous drama Awl so I expect tight directing also with this one.  Can't wait to see who will end up playing the female lead.  Will this be a comedy or a more serious/contemplative fare?  

The Japanese dramas always have very interesting premise. Hope the Korean version makes a good adaptation. I would love to see this heartwarming comedy and to see again Lee Seon Kyun.

@Go Seung Ji, thank you for starting this thread, and for all the information you provided   thanks smiley

Waves to other friends here, @jongski, @larus, and everyone else on the thread.     hi onion head

On 7/12/2016 at 11:25 PM, sadiesmith said:

I heard that the PD did an awesome job with the previous drama Awl so I expect tight directing also with this one.  Can't wait to see who will end up playing the female lead.

@sadiesmith, Awl was a terrific and under-appreciated drama.

On 7/14/2016 at 0:08 PM, jongski said:

Yes please. Count me in. I don't know who the actors are except for LSY and I like that actor! After being cast in 2 very dark dramas, be nice to see LSY in something  a little bit lighter.

@jongski,  I do too - love Lee Sang-Yeob.  I started loving him in the drama "Bluebird House." and appreciating more with "Signal" and "God of Noodles."
You might want to try Bluebird House. It is a family drama, that has both very light moments (esp. Lee Sang-Yeob's parts), as well as a serious undertone.
For Lee Seon Kyun , I liked "Pasta," as well as some of his movies.

Lee Sang Yeob's latest IG updates reference this drama.
In the first one he stands in front of a door and tells his character from "Master:God of Noodles" - Park Tae-Ha, that it is time to stop.

In the 2nd, he references the drama.

I wonder what kind of a character he will be playing. I too, hope it is a light one, after the couple of dark roles he had.

I like the description of the Japanese drama on AsianWiki. And that J-drama, was based on real events too.

A man who is content with his life - decent job and wonderful wife - suddenly faces the crisis of marriage when he finds out his wife is about to have an affair. As he's too embarrassed to turn to people around him, he starts posting questions on a message board on internet asking for advice. My wife is going to have an affair this week. What should I do? Based on a true event, this heartwarming comedy follows his path to try to find the meaning of marriage and the way to rebuild his family. Life is not always as it seems like. You always have to look what is underneath, otherwise you'll miss some important thing...

source

Looking forward to hearing who will be cast as the leading lady.

First shoutout to some friends, @jadecloud, @LavelyShai, @valsava, @alekaonu, @ororomunroe, @Kasmic, @bebebisous33, @mysignisflower, @Kehinde, @drmjs

Annyeong everyone :)

Thank you dear @irilight for the shoutout. I have seen this thread before and already make a point to watch because of Lee Sun Kyun and Boa. I also noticed Lee Sang Yeob from God of Noodles. Looking forward to this drama.

I also would like to invite my chingu gang :wub: @moodypie @rain719 @ck1Oz @emme85 @heartoppaya @Mau_Cherry @delfin @kyunii88 @siena407 @yaqiyuki @Kasmic @pandalover1 @uglypearl @SeGafanlady @ilwoo_aein @onnififi @UnniSarah @evie7 @dimples21 @dnkt @rrmski @nonski @NRGchick @ruzikie @andy78 @Misstwilightfan1416 @jeonghyang @emy_rose @realistic2280 @Bambiina @valsava @Go Seung Ji @awsparkle @mcleen @marie67 @briseis @nikkisjs @otchosais @nazzy1109 @maplekist @Ahpheng @jongski @jadecloud @lclarakl @Ayame

Looking forward to Lee Sun Kyun's kissing scenes :P I'm a kissing pervert :D I noticed even though he's married but his kissing is still great unlike some other actors hold back because of the wife or girlfriend. I still remember his kissing scenes with Gong Hyo Jin in Pasta, that was hot. Wonder he will end up with Boa's character or not, she can kiss very well too.

I look forward to see who they cast in the role of the wife. In the original series, the writer did not make the wife a very sympathetic character and I can see why. I think the substantial role is Lee Seon-kyun`s husband role.  There will be fun side stories too. Despite the humor, the subject is serious and painful. If the writing will be good, adding a solid cast It will be definitely worth watching.

Spoiler

I did not watched the jdrama but I read some reviews. In the original series they keep it ambitious the part if the wife cheated or not for the first 3-4 episodes. The husband was agonizing over the suspicious emails (or messages), trying to convince himself that he had jumped to the wrong conclusion, but she did cheat on him. The show will set up a reconciliation but in the end the husband realizes that things will never going to be the same again. So no happy ending for the family.

1 hour ago, larus said:

I look forward to see who they cast in the role of the wife. In the original series, the writer did not make the wife a very sympathetic character and I can see why. I think the substantial role is Lee Seon-kyun`s husband role.  There will be fun side stories too. Despite the humor, the subject is serious and painful. If the writing will be good, adding a solid cast It will be definitely worth watching.

Reveal hidden contents

I did not watched the jdrama but I read some reviews. In the original series they keep it ambitious the part if the wife cheated or not for the first 3-4 episodes. The husband was agonizing over the suspicious emails (or messages), trying to convince himself that he had jumped to the wrong conclusion, but she did cheat on him. The show will set up a reconciliation but in the end the husband realizes that things will never going to be the same again. So no happy ending for the family.

I haven't read your spoiler. Do you see this Korean adaptation going with an unsympathetic female lead? That just never happened and if they did for this series that would certainly be refreshing. But then there would be no otp. And I have a hard imagining a popular actress wanting to go for such a role.  Who's the writer for this remake anyway?

7 minutes ago, sadiesmith said:

I haven't read your spoiler. Do you see this Korean adaptation going with an unsympathetic female lead? That just never happened and if they did for this series that would certainly be refreshing. But then there would be no otp. And I have a hard imagining a popular actress wanting to go for such a role.  Who's the writer for this remake anyway?

The original show made her look more sympathetic the last half of the series. I don`t know if the Korean version will keep the original 100%. I think for the wife role they have to cast a good actress. I don`t know if she will be a popular actress, from what I see it is a male centric drama, but I hope they write a good role for the wife too.

5 hours ago, alekaonu said:

Thank you dear @irilight for the shoutout. I have seen this thread before and already make a point to watch because of Lee Sun Kyun and Boa. I also noticed Lee Sang Yeob from God of Noodles. Looking forward to this drama.

I also would like to invite my chingu gang :wub: @moodypie @rain719 @ck1Oz @emme85 @heartoppaya @Mau_Cherry @delfin @kyunii88 @siena407 @yaqiyuki @Kasmic @pandalover1 @uglypearl @SeGafanlady @ilwoo_aein @onnififi @UnniSarah @evie7 @dimples21 @dnkt @rrmski @nonski @NRGchick @ruzikie @andy78 @Misstwilightfan1416 @jeonghyang @emy_rose @realistic2280 @Bambiina @valsava @Go Seung Ji @awsparkle @mcleen @marie67 @briseis @nikkisjs @otchosais @nazzy1109 @maplekist @Ahpheng @jongski @jadecloud @lclarakl @Ayame

Looking forward to Lee Sun Kyun's kissing scenes :P I'm a kissing pervert :D I noticed even though he's married but his kissing is still great unlike some other actors hold back because of the wife or girlfriend. I still remember his kissing scenes with Gong Hyo Jin in Pasta, that was hot. Wonder he will end up with Boa's character or not, she can kiss very well too.

That makes at least two of us. And I agree with you that he has some skills. :)

Hi everyone, while we are waiting, let take the time to make sure the drama will be subbed.

Lets send sub requests to both subbing companies. Hopefully, at least one will "listen".  It only takes a couple of minutes daily!

I usually use both English and Hangul titles, so as to make sure they know which show I mean

My Wife's Having an Affair this Week  - 이번 주, 아내가 바람을 핍니다

1. Viki.

https://vikiinc.wufoo.com/forms/title-request-form/

2.  DramaFever

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScuXiW1XwtSRt0H_ehdDMABJYJNQWA1xj78ni06l4m_OG-ZHg/viewform

53 minutes ago, irilight said:

Hi everyone, while we are waiting, let take the time to make sure the drama will be subbed.

Lets send sub requests to both subbing companies. Hopefully, at least one will "listen".  It only takes a couple of minutes daily!

I usually use both English and Hangul titles, so as to make sure they know which show I mean

My Wife's Having an Affair this Week  - 이번 주, 아내가 바람을 핍니다

1. Viki.

https://vikiinc.wufoo.com/forms/title-request-form/

2.  DramaFever

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScuXiW1XwtSRt0H_ehdDMABJYJNQWA1xj78ni06l4m_OG-ZHg/viewform

Thank you for the link.  I submitted my request today.  So you're saying that we can do this daily?

It's almost the end of July and show's slated for October.  News of the female lead should be announced any time now, right?  Why is it taking forever?  I can't wait to find out.  Hope it's a good match.

On 7/18/2016 at 2:44 AM, sadiesmith said:

On 7/17/2016 at 9:24 PM, alekaonu said:

That makes at least two of us. And I agree with you that he has some skills. :)

@alekaonu Sorry for the late response to your shoutout. Thanks for alerting me, and hello to everyone :) . I would love to watch LSK again. I thought he portrayed that  'arrogant male character' as Chef Choi in Pasta very well. I can't seem to find any similar role or portrayal like that so far.  Of course, GHJ was superb too.

About his 'skills' LOL did you guys see how 'hungry' he was when he kissed LYH in Miss Kprea? LOL that was too much, I thought. Poor girl must have had a shock of her acting life LOL. I hope an equally good actress will take on the wifey role here. And the icing would be LSY of course. Hope he gets a 'non-sacrificial' role since GON was harsh on him.

Archived