[Drama 2017] Strong Woman Do Bong Soon 힘쎈여자 도봉순

Go Seung Ji

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, Asha Mizuki said:

About BS's superpower, I hope she won't loose her strength at any point of the drama. That'll make this drama the same as any other dramas, where the female lead needs to be saved again by the males. I want BS to be who she is, a super-strength lovely girly lady with an attitude until the drama ends. I don't think that using her strength to get paid is wrong as money is needed in daily life. One of her ancestors abused her power to gain money and lose her superpower, so did BS's mother. She was doing fine weightlifting but the cause for her to lose the superpower was that she was trading her gold medals and bullying others for money.

I also don't want her to lose her superpower, but I think she has to at some point.  The reason she has to is so that she'll know what it's like to live without it.  Right now, I think she defines herself as her power and she also sees it as something that limits her.  So, she needs to lose it so that she sees that she's still DBS even without it.  The second reason she needs to lose her power is because that power may be what attracts Minhyuk to her.  They need to get past the whole trope of it's-not-your-super power-but-you thingy.

I know that there's some speculation about why or when she would lose it, but I honestly don't see a problem with her being a bodyguard for Minhyuk.  Unless I'm missing something, it seems that the ones who lost it in the past were all using it for "bad" purposes, such as bullying.  That's what her mother did, and that's what the ancestor did who overcharged people using her strength.

Love the drama so far, and super impressed with Park Hyung-sik's acting.  Saw him for the first time in Hwarang, and, although he was doing well... well, let's just not talk about all the things that were so bad about that drama.  But he's really impressed me with the reach of his acting in this drama.  His character is not one-dimensional, and I love how he commits to all the different weird quirks of this character.

45 minutes ago, jechoi1 said:

I also don't want her to lose her superpower, but I think she has to at some point.  The reason she has to is so that she'll know what it's like to live without it.  Right now, I think she defines herself as her power and she also sees it as something that limits her.  So, she needs to lose it so that she sees that she's still DBS even without it.  The second reason she needs to lose her power is because that power may be what attracts Minhyuk to her.  They need to get past the whole trope of it's-not-your-super power-but-you thingy.

I know that there's some speculation about why or when she would lose it, but I honestly don't see a problem with her being a bodyguard for Minhyuk.  Unless I'm missing something, it seems that the ones who lost it in the past were all using it for "bad" purposes, such as bullying.  That's what her mother did, and that's what the ancestor did who overcharged people using her strength.

Love the drama so far, and super impressed with Park Hyung-sik's acting.  Saw him for the first time in Hwarang, and, although he was doing well... well, let's just not talk about all the things that were so bad about that drama.  But he's really impressed me with the reach of his acting in this drama.  His character is not one-dimensional, and I love how he commits to all the different weird quirks of this character.

I for one hope that BS won't lose her power, nor do I think that she needs to lose it for her to realize "she is BS even without her power". Because her strength isn't some kind of freebie that comes with being born into her family - IT'S AN INHERENT PART OF HER just like her sass and sense of justice or her outspokeness. And even if it brings her troubles occasionally, she accepts that part of her just like other people accept their abilities which set them apart from others; because just like beautiful singing voice or eidetic memory, BS's strength is her talent. Do people need to lose their talents, the things that made them extraordinary, for them to realize that they still would be themselves even without them? That's like saying Adele should lose her amazing ability to sing, so she would realize how awesome she is even without it.

And I don't really see MH being "attracted" to BS only because of her power, because while her power might have been the first thing that captured his attention (and it might have been enough for him to simply employ her as his bodyguard), it isn't what truly attracts him to her, it isn't what makes him confide in her about his messed-up family, her power isn't the reason why he was so hell-bent to make the policeman go away, it isn't her power why he buys her food 3 times a day or why he asked her to stay over at his place. It wasn't her power that made him realize so many things about her. He has done all those things because HE IS ATTRACTED TO EVERYTHING ABOUT BONG SOON ALREADY (her power included) and I think the drama is very good at showing that.

tumblr_olwqju1YTQ1s8t96qo4_540.pngtumblr_olwqju1YTQ1s8t96qo2_540.pngtumblr_olyh8jmXe81s8t96qo1_540.png

another cute fanart of bong soon:lol:

the way he received his threat call

viewimage.php?id=25a4c528e2c131ad&no=29b

does it strike any familiarity to the person who abducted the girl ??<_<

Spoiler

tumblr_om44bp9oTu1vqlkb3o1_540.jpg

does anyone know which song was played towards end/ending of episode 2??? 

I admit that there is one more reason why I don't want BS to lose her power - because I want to see MH and BS getting married and them doing this :wub:

Vw2dMbg.jpg

(and MH being the one to suggest it) I want to see this so much it's insane! :wub:

after reading all the previous post and the many many stills and BTS...(Thanks to the many posters by the way)

i never thought that i will feel that the week is too long... can we have all the episodes in one go (just like in netflix) 

seriously.. i kept re-watching episode 1 and 2 because IT IS STILL WEDNESDAY...

how many episodes that this series have?

@briseis @jechoi1 I don't want her to lose her strength either, but I think at one point she will. She either doesn't want to use her power because some kind of specific occasion, where her strength could be an obstacle and she looks for a way to lose it or she loses it temporary because she has some kind of mental issues because something utterly terrible happens. Like....her mother or best friend dies. I'm pretty sure she will never be the weak girl that needs protection from both boys, this would kill the whole idea and mentality of the drama.

And for the record, MH didn't fall for her because of her strength, he fell for her because she's such a damn hottie! *High Five with MH* B)

dypoy6vr.gif

42 minutes ago, briseis said:

I admit that there is one more reason why I don't want BS to lose her power - because I want to see MH and BS getting married and them doing this :wub:

(and MH being the one to suggest it) I want to see this so much it's insane! :wub:

Me too! @briseis i even imagine shes pregnant and delivers a baby girl that has herculean strength like herself :love::innocent:

1 hour ago, briseis said:

I for one hope that BS won't lose her power, nor do I think that she needs to lose it for her to realize "she is BS even without her power". Because her strength isn't some kind of freebie that comes with being born into her family - IT'S AN INHERENT PART OF HER just like her sass and sense of justice or her outspokeness. And even if it brings her troubles occasionally, she accepts that part of her just like other people accept their abilities which set them apart from others; because just like beautiful singing voice or eidetic memory, BS's strength is her talent. Do people need to lose their talents, the things that made them extraordinary, for them to realize that they still would be themselves even without them? That's like saying Adele should lose her amazing ability to sing, so she would realize how awesome she is even without it.

And I don't really see MH being "attracted" to BS only because of her power, because while her power might have been the first thing that captured his attention (and it might have been enough for him to simply employ her as his bodyguard), it isn't what truly attracts him to her, it isn't what makes him confide in her about his messed-up family, her power isn't the reason why he was so hell-bent to make the policeman go away, it isn't her power why he buys her food 3 times a day or why he asked her to stay over at his place. It wasn't her power that made him realize so many things about her. He has done all those things because HE IS ATTRACTED TO EVERYTHING ABOUT BONG SOON ALREADY (her power included) and I think the drama is very good at showing that.

Nicely put. Thats how nicely the first 2 episodes has already portrayed vy clearly. Hes attracted and interested in her. He find her strength and when she talks back to him sexy. He also wants to keep her near him, protect her etc. I cant say enuf how nicely written Ahn Min Hyuk's character is.

23 minutes ago, sebastian27 said:

after reading all the previous post and the many many stills and BTS...(Thanks to the many posters by the way)

i never thought that i will feel that the week is too long... can we have all the episodes in one go (just like in netflix) 

seriously.. i kept re-watching episode 1 and 2 because IT IS STILL WEDNESDAY...

how many episodes that this series have?

Its 16episodes @sebastian27 thankfully not 12. O could use more of Do Bong Soon and Ahn Min Hyuk on my screen

This thread is sure moving along so fast!! I had to do some catching up because I haven't been that active on the thread :sweatingbullets: I actually didn't finish watching Episode 2 until now (I've been putting off the episode and busy with work) but I finally finished watching episode 2 and can't wait till episode 3 and 4~ The most anticipated scene for me is when AMH gets shot by the gun but DBS carries him! Also the hospital scene from the music video for the first OST and DBS is taking care of Minhyuk, hehe :wub:

Can I just say how much I absolutely love Do Bong Soon and Ahn Min Hyuk's relationship with each other? They are so hilarious and adorable at the same time. I just cannot wait until their romance blooms.... We all know that AMH is falling for DBS already though~~ I especially love their conversation in the car, when AMH persuades Do Bong Soon to stay with him for the night, and when they are eating ramen. They are just too adorable..

Like the rest of you guys, I am waiting for Friday to come already... I need episode 3 and 4 right now :bawling: All the scenes that I want to see, it seems like they are going to be in episode 3 and 4...!! I keep on watching OST #1 music video on Youtube because it just has so many adorable spoilers...

What's with this thread running so fast?

I share @briseis 's sentiment on the subject of Bong-Soon and her power. However, I think the drama may necessitate  her to lose it temporarily if only to explore the rules of her inherited power. So far, the rules cover losing power due to use for malicious intention. But what about unintentionally causing harm? Such as the case of Secretary Gong's tailbone? I know it's for the comedy but I can't believe she gets off scot free (at least, give her pimples and Min-Hyeok will tease her all day about it. Haha!). Or under extreme emotional pressure? Superman has kryptonite and singers do lose voice temporarily on certain circumstances (flu, over-exertion, or panic). Part of being human, I think.

And on Min-Hyeok's attraction to Bong-Soon, I like everyone's points about this subject already. But I'll throw in mine...

Taking off the romance-tinted glasses, Min-Hyeok is also a gamer. What's striking about his comment on Bong-Soon is the way he sees her as a character (at first), as in a game character, "she's the strongest character I've ever encountered so far.." And like any gamer who has collected a playable character in a game, he invests on her welfare (or stats). "Don't go on a diet, eat whatever you want!". I mean, he gets her ice cream as if he thinks her stamina/power level has depleted after following him binge-shopping. He sounds like me trying to level up my agents by buying them inventories and all...

Of course, as he gets to know Bong-Soon he'll realise Bong-Soon is indeed a charming woman.

Anticipated scenes...

8qlm2o.gif

j2Px7R.gif

No words needed about this gif....

r06Jy6.gif

Spoiler

The way they look at each other...

Mj6MO3.gif

48Jgm6.gif

r06KZ6.gif

Because I keep watching the MV for Jeong Eun Ji's OST, I'm loving the song more and more :wub:

Ha ha that will be hilarious but no:tongue:... Imma conventional woman ... I still want to see a man side from MH... Plus the size of BS it will be super cute for normal pose:D

MH: Stay with me tonight.

BS: I thought you'd never ask.

MH: Huh?

BS: I've got my bags packed.

MH: I meant for the night.

BS: I packed enough for a year.

MH: Maybe this isn't such a good idea.

BS: Dude, I'm moving in and that's it. 

MH: What's that you're doing?

BS: I'm tying myself to the bedposts. 

GD: Come with me.

BS: Get lost, buster.