[Drama 2017] Strong Woman Do Bong Soon 힘쎈여자 도봉순

Go Seung Ji

Enjoying this drama since I just watched Ep 2. 

Wanted something lighter than 'Voice' :confounded:

It looks like a lot of mysteries. Min Hyuk's stalker, the killer/kidnapper in Dobong-dong and the construction meanies who seem to be out to get her. 

Looking forward to Ep 3!

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 01/03/2017 at 9:20 PM, briseis said:

Bigger version of the new stills

source: naver

Sorry for quoting your post x

I'm just going to ask anybody's thought about Depyunim (AMH) about sleeping in at that super tiny sofa with uri heroine... I'm like what were he thinking (not that I complained I love it writernim you're so jjang) in real life if you do that in my country there will be a gun shot wedding the next day. I just can't hide curiosity was he really scared or he woke up early and play a prank on her again or he's just really into her? 

4 minutes ago, briseis said:

Some SWDBS MVs :)

i know that it's just only 2 episodes that has been aired and already i see many MV's in YouTube. Seriously this series has gained tremendous popularity. admire-onion-head-emoticon.gif?129286248 (it's just 2 episode and already 61 pg in thread + so many stills (i guess no other series had ever released this many stills as SWDBS admire2-onion-head-emoticon.gif?12928624 ) )

Anyway I'm happy that it has been gaining popularity not only in Korea even abroad. I guess this is a happy news for all the actors esp PHS for his first Main lead role and also jisoo for his second lead.I think the real reason for its popularity is it's way of story telling and concept. Unlike other dramas with typical romance line and action  thriller as such this is totally on a different level. crazy-monkey-emoticon-011.gif?1292792380

Spoiler

May seem bit off topic but i never really recommend my friends about any k-dramas but this one i had recommended to my friend and she watched this. I just asked her opinion today and she was like wow it's really nice and concept is different. she liked PHS's acting and she asked me whether it was the same guy whom we had watched in heirs.she wouldn't believe me when i said yes...She liked even PBY's character. She thought it was going to be funny one after first episode but then after watching second episode she really liked suspense thriller in it especially the way it was shown.

I feel that strong woman do bong soon is strong enough to break the rating charts.. and blow our minds. 

Strong woman do bong soon hwaiting (fighting..) cheer1-onion-head-emoticon.gif?129286249   cheer2-onion-head-emoticon.gif?129286249   cheer3-onion-head-emoticon.gif?129286249

(after many day i did a post which has more writing less pics serenade-onion-head-emoticon.gif?1292862

WOW! this thread is moving so quick. Kekeke! so Im not sure if this making vid has been posted but I recall some was discussing about JiSoo and his cross dressing. I found this making vid rather funny- to dress like a female and even lap dance HAHAHA! kudos to you JiSoo

Ive fallen for him more... did anyone find it hard to concentrate on the subs or was it just me? :D

F9GjEP6.gif cto

4 hours ago, zagigirl said:

No no no...our GD has different and more higher forehead right? :wink: ...but someone related to him might be...he did say as well the culprit is someone from neighborhood

Impatient guys? I am :)...want to see BS's reaction to guys pulling her opposite way...somehow have a feeling she might pull both of them to each other so they bump their heads...would be  funny :tongue: 

Gal, I'm terrible at these things...i don't usually look at foreheads since my attention is often on his lips...:grimace: ....But i guess he has quite a high  forehead..ji-soo3.jpgDon't these lips look kissable? If he has no love line, might be a waste...ottoke?

But @Visually-wandering in her IG post here has come to the conclusion that it looks more like the witness, look at the 2nd & 3rd pic in her post which i hv inserted in spoiler

Spoiler

28 minutes ago, athena22 said:

i know that it's just only 2 episodes that has been aired and already i see many MV's in YouTube. Seriously this series has gained tremendous popularity. admire-onion-head-emoticon.gif?129286248 (it's just 2 episode and already 61 pg in thread + so many stills (i guess no other series had ever released this many stills as SWDBS admire2-onion-head-emoticon.gif?12928624 ) )

Anyway I'm happy that it has been gaining popularity not only in Korea even abroad. I guess this is a happy news for all the actors esp PHS for his first Main lead role and also jisoo for his second lead.I think the real reason for its popularity is it's way of story telling and concept. Unlike other dramas with typical romance line and action  thriller as such this is totally on a different level. crazy-monkey-emoticon-011.gif?1292792380

Reveal hidden contents

May seem bit off topic but i never really recommend my friends about any k-dramas but this one i had recommended to my friend and she watched this. I just asked her opinion today and she was like wow it's really nice and concept is different. she liked PHS's acting and she asked me whether it was the same guy whom we had watched in heirs.she wouldn't believe me when i said yes...She liked even PBY's character. She thought it was going to be funny one after first episode but then after watching second episode she really liked suspense thriller in it especially the way it was shown.

The fact that SWDBS has managed to gain success both in ratings and among fans is incredible. Especially, nowadays when it's so hard for a real rom-com to get high ratings because the Korean audience saw so many of them and it's difficult to hook them. Something which I understand because I've been watching kdramas for over 10 years and the older I get the pickier I become about the dramas I watch - there must be something new and refreshing and SWDBS has that refreshing element going strong. It's the way it manages to tell the story and how likable and unconventional both the leads are. 

P.S.: I love this thread! It's amazing how everyone is so positive, passionate but also well-informed and insightful. It reminds me of the best threads I've been part of so far like Healer, Moon Lovers, My Love from Another Star or Secret Love Affair.  THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR BEING SO EPIC!

5 hours ago, triplem said:

Haunted by ovaries? My dear fanboy , you are already in the pit of hell coz if you have not already noticed, you are in the Land of Exploding Ovaries. I'm surprised that you have not drowned in a sea of oestrogen given all the fangirling that goes on here:lol:

I think that cellist girl will hv a role but not a Super big one , given that now she's going to hv a love line with BS' bro. 

:blink: I have a small boat and I'm good at sailing, so everything is fine right know. As long as there isn't a huge wave coming my way I think I will be okay. :joy:

1 hour ago, notohaterfans said:

This thread is so active, and we are just in ep 2. I don't have yet anything to share or theories or questions..im just enjoying all the gifts you guys posted.  

I'm really smitten by park hyungsik..  I watched some of his scenes in heirs but I'm not enjoying it...  Hahahaha he is just so different now than the heirs,  he really looks like a kid in heirs.. But now he is really good looking manly actor that fits to be the main lead guy. Hahaha 

Hope jtbc will give too much spoilers like what tvn did with CA4K , haha

I feel the same way, I'm just enjoying the drama right now and doesn't feel like I have to analyze everything. I'm glad that there are enough people here to take over this part. 

53 minutes ago, JackieOnTheRocks said:

I'm just going to ask anybody's thought about Depyunim (AMH) about sleeping in at that super tiny sofa with uri heroine... I'm like what were he thinking (not that I complained I love it writernim you're so jjang) in real life if you do that in my country there will be a gun shot wedding the next day. I just can't hide curiosity was he really scared or he woke up early and play a prank on her again or he's just really into her? 

I'm curious about the same thing! I wonder why AMH slept next to DBS on the couch.... Guess we will have to find out tomorrow :sweatingbullets:

22 minutes ago, ferily said:

I'm curious about the same thing! I wonder why AMH slept next to DBS on the couch.... Guess we will have to find out tomorrow :sweatingbullets:

I think he will be uncomfortable on the floor and they end up sleeping together in one room because of the "security" situation. I think MH might suggest it. But what I'm really curious about is why exactly in that room and what is that room? His study? Or lounge? Because it definitely isn't his living room. Why not in his bedroom? Probably because BS would be uncomfortable? So many questions! Fortunately, episode 3 will air in less than 24 hours :)

PsZqMsf.pngbVXCSfE.png

Rewatching the second episode in preparation for tomorrow. Just a few thoughts I want to write down.

• I really want BS to see MH work at some point. He still is the CEO for her favourite game and somehow he had to manage building this huge game and company. so he must be very talented and passionate about the game he created. I think BS would be very impressed if she sees him being creative. It also would put him in a more serious and modest spot, a thing that may attract her.
  • In theory, BS must have a huge list of admirers. If she always try to save boys/man like the boy in the alleyway or MH by stopping the bus, there should be a bunch of men that fell in love with her. She cute too, so that helps.
  • I like MH straight forward behavior, he doesn't waste any words.
  • I wonder if JH likes Messi.....she should ask him that...:rolleyes:

22 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

@athena22, I'll take a crack at it, but is it just this one panel, or are there more panels?

This panel translation. 

Top lines says "Mr. Spread Leg Man, Do Bong Soon's power will raise you to a wider area." 

The script near BS says "I'm Do Bong Soon."

The bottom hash tag line says "#Elimination of Rude Behavior Campaign/ Subway train panel"

Just saw @uglypearl's version. It's good, especially since the panel itself was edited, but the bottom line translation isn't right, so I'll just leave my post in. 

tumblr_om714brZOD1qihbiwo1_1280.png

Thanks so much for translation  :) 

You're real life saver / avenger !

Finally watching Episode 0 with subs and can I just say that I think Park Hyung Sik actually looks really pretty as a girl? :lol:

58X77q.gif

I'm looking forward to this scene because I want to know what urged Ahn Min Hyuk to dress like a girl :lol: (I'm sure it's because Min Hyuk is jealous of Gook Doo taking her or making a move on her haha! But why did he decide to dress as a girl? xD)

4 hours ago, triplem said:

Gal, I'm terrible at these things...i don't usually look at foreheads since my attention is often on his lips...:grimace: ....But i guess he has quite a high  forehead. Don't these lips look kissable? If he has no love line, might be a waste...ottoke?

Better choice definitely :wub:

Agree about kissable part of him...agree on waste part...what a shame :phew: :wink:...can't wait for his main lead

3 hours ago, ferily said:

For now i'm not..just happy :blush:...don't they look cute? :wub:...before she kicks him that is :wink:

BTW...Do you see our president? He knows how strong she is yet he shows no fear :)...thats my man! He's old enough to know love hurts :wink:

@dhakra Probably Ronaldo (just like me and The doc)...what a pick-up line was that right? :D

16 hours ago, sharreb said:

Hee so i was studying this pic and wanted to point out

Park Hyun Sik grip on Bo young. So hard and unrelenting. Even the knit material bunched up and the veins on his hands stood out. Compared that with Ji soo who is just holding n not gripping. Ahn min Hyuk reaaallly wants Bong Soon to stay over :blush:

Haha @leekyuphii that list definitely will get longer. I feel we only saw the tip of the iceberg with Ahn Min Hyuk's character. More to find out, more to love.

Its like you said hes really fascinated with her. Intially theres d surprise look but then that look of fascination. Not a moment of repulse or fear. Maybe cause he had a previous encounter with the small girl in pink hoodie? Then again min hyuk is an interestinf sort of person. Look how he spoke back at his stalker calling him and disturbing his sleep. Then he could speak like a criminal profiler regarding the serial killer. Somone mention also about his thinking also link to gaming and how he sees BS in the light of a gaming character. It would be awesome if towards the end we get a game written with BS as the inspitational character girl with herculean strength

good observation chingu!! :thumbsup: yes Min Hyuk really wants her to stay!! hhhhhhhhhh :tongue: 

he's really inrteristing!! he doesn't think or react like most people do/should do and yes it could be he's really making a play about the strong girl who save him years ago not knowing it's the same girl he signed as his bodyguard!! :D 

12 hours ago, jina_bing_bang said:

@Asha Mizuki Glad you came back to comment on this drama! I too like how fast pace it is but so many ways to go into more detail as well : ) I like that MH says what he is thinking to BS and he isn’t the “usual” male lead if you will. Yes, I think MH and his past from the bus and other parts of his life will definitely come into more as the episodes go on- I am anticipating to see MH alone in what looks like his dressing room just staring off and thinking about something

@sakura2016

Oh, that totally makes sense and can explain a lot. I like that theory! Yes, I too think he was going to see his mother (hence the flowers) and I love how he admitted to BS that he wanted to be a criminal when he was younger. It seems so odd for a male character but with this drama it certainly will help, also help BS too as they work together as we have already seen (BS and her bodyguard situation).

--

I was watching Jung Eun Ji’s MV for the drama OST again and noticed that 30 seconds in, there is a painting of BS which seems to be done by MH [?] because it is when her face was going to be shown after she saved MH on the bus in school. I can’t wait to see how that it used into the drama and also anticipating seeing BS drunk from the preview, the bromance, and BS’s mom wanting MH for her son in law as well. SO much to look forward to and of course the mystery which is actually a taking on a darker part of the drama than I thought as it reminded me a little of how US crime shows like Criminal Mind goes into a story.

hhhhhhhh yes his weired way of thinking can be helpful for sure!! he's smarter than those cops!! 

yes, I believe it's drawn by Min Hyuk and I can't wait for him and Bong Soon to realise how they 1st met!! :wub: 

yes alot of things to look forward too!! :D

10 hours ago, ferily said:
12 hours ago, Era Ferawati said:

This after BS know GD have gf right?

Sr.dc

DBS already knows that IGD has a girlfriend :) When IGD gave her the taser in either episode 1 or 2, Do Bong Soon asked about his girlfriend and how the two of them are doing~ I was thinking that she was crying maybe after she asked IGD why he treats her so well but her clothes is different from that scene when she asks IGD in the hospital... It's kind of unclear why she is crying :sweatingbullets: Unless somebody here knows why she is :o

yes she knew before he had a girfriend but seeing her and seeing him with her is more painful than only thinking about it!! and I think she's crying because she's watching a romance movie which makes her feel more miserable with her crush loving another girl!! that's my guess though!! :sweatingbullets: and I think her brother is there too which I'm excited to see!! :D

9 hours ago, zagigirl said:

No no no...our GD has different and more higher forehead right? :wink: ...but someone related to him might be...he did say as well the culprit is someone from neighborhood

Impatient guys? I am :)...want to see BS's reaction to guys pulling her opposite way...somehow have a feeling she might pull both of them to each other so they bump their heads...would be  funny :tongue: 

hhhhhhhhhhhh I can see her doing that which would be hillarious but she can't do that for now since she can't show her power to Guk Do!! boo but I really want to see his reaction when he find out about her powerrs!! hihihi

8 hours ago, supergal99 said:

How about this..

Looks like DBS is gona be upset by our cool cop..:wacko:

Btw this bts is also very funny ...PHS crossed dressed as DBS lookalike.

:grimace:

hhhhhhhhhhh Bong Soon's nightmare!! :lol: 

4 hours ago, JackieOnTheRocks said:

well I can wait every kind of weired reasoning from Min Hyuk for his doing but he likes her for sure whether that was his reason or not is another matter though!! 

3 hours ago, dhakra said:

Rewatching the second episode in preparation for tomorrow. Just a few thoughts I want to write down.

• I really want BS to see MH work at some point. He still is the CEO for her favourite game and somehow he had to manage building this huge game and company. so he must be very talented and passionate about the game he created. I think BS would be very impressed if she sees him being creative. It also would put him in a more serious and modest spot, a thing that may attract her.
  • In theory, BS must have a huge list of admirers. If she always try to save boys/man like the boy in the alleyway or MH by stopping the bus, there should be a bunch of men that fell in love with her. She cute too, so that helps.
  • I like MH straight forward behavior, he doesn't waste any words.
  • I wonder if JH likes Messi.....she should ask him that...:rolleyes:

I think that even without working like all CEOs do thanks to his kind of company (game plays) she still can/will see his true self other than they free spirited/playful side he offen shows esecially with threat surrounding him and her which will make him act differently and she already started seeing more to his playful side when he asked her to stop working for him so she won't be in danger and when he told her about his messed up family which made her decide that she really want to protect him for him not only as her job or for money!! :D 

hhhhhhhhh yes that can be!! 

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh "Messi"!! :lol: 

9 minutes ago, sakura2016 said:

hhhhhhhhhhhh I can see her doing that which would be hillarious but she can't do that for now since she can't show her power to Guk Do!! boo but I really want to see his reaction when he find out about her powerrs!! hihihi

Well, she had to hide her strenght...but somehow seems weird to me he's unaware of it...at the police stations he warned her what will happen to her if the truth about accident will be revealed wasn't he?...maybe thats the reason he doesn't pull her in the ending scene as much as MH coz he knows its not save :tongue:

3 minutes ago, zagigirl said:

Well, she had to hide her strenght...but somehow seems weird to me he's unaware of it...at the police stations he warned her what will happen to her if the truth about accident will be revealed wasn't he?...maybe thats the reason he doesn't pull her in the ending scene as much as MH coz he knows its not save :tongue:

I really don't know!! at 1st I thought he didn' knew back at the police station!! he really couldn't believe himself reading all those damages she supposedy did and even asked her if that even make sence which means he didn't believe it but she's to face responsability anyway with all witnesses saying the same thing till Min Hyuk came and testified to her favor!! but then at the hospital I felt as if he knew of her powers when he asked her if she's the one who caued the fracture of the patient she came to visit but then he's all "my friend Do Bong Soo is really weak" speach so don't see him aware of her power and still ask for protection for her plus Bong Soon acts completely different to who she really is around him and he even gave her that taser for self protection and he wouldn't need to give it to her if he knew of her true powers so most likely he doesn't know!!

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhh then Min Hyuk shouldn't have grabbed her that hard too since he's totally aware of what she's capable of!! :lol: 

Archived