[Drama 2017] Strong Woman Do Bong Soon 힘쎈여자 도봉순

Go Seung Ji

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

21 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

As for the comment to "log out as gay", she really meant that he should stop being gay. Nonetheless, her words are ambiguous. By saying this, she wanted to protect IGD and she reveals her jealousy... however, her words could be viewed differently: by asking him to stop being gay, she wants him to look at her as a woman, she wants to be noticed, she wants him to fall in love with her. In reality, she never meant the second interpretation, yet it can be seen as an invitation for AMH.   

@evie7@Yongzura@Ahpheng@nonski@UnniSarah@penelop3@triplem@ruzikie@dhakra

Sorry to cut your post @bebebisous33, I think, at this stage she said that to AMH to stop being gay so that he won't bug GD. Perhaps she unconsciously know that AMH is actually not gay and ask him to stop pretending to be one. I'm not sure if she's already 'fallen' for AMH just yet. There will moments in the future for their slow burning romance.  

On 3/5/2017 at 1:46 PM, penelop3 said:

@uglypearl I was considering him before (the witness as the psycho). He fits the profile, being tall and lanky. But BS already confirmed his voice is different. So may not be him. 

@uglypearl I made a mistake here. The voice that BS listened in ep 4 is the fiancee of Victim #1, not the witness' voice. So yes, I think you are right. The psycho is the witness. 
psycho%20witness.jpg

Notice how their eyes shape is the same? Also, he's tall, lanky, lots of hair (if he's not the psycho, he's actually quite cute.. Hahaha. *smack self to senses)
What I dont understand is, why would he come forward as the witness. Usually a criminal who pretends to be a witness is because he wants to insert himself in the investigation, to know how much the cops know. But in this case, it's kinda slim reasoning. 

17 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

Hee Ji is using Bong Ki to make Gook Doo jealous because he isn't paying much attention toward her. Since hearing about GD and BK were rivals in high school. I really dislike her and she is so fake laughing at cheesy lines. Guys don't think I hate Bong Ki. I love him and hope he ends with  Na Kyun Shik. 

@UnniSarah Sorry to cut your post. I think there's more to it than just making GD jealous. If she wants to make GD jealous, she will openly flirt or praise BK in front of GD. It's too early to tell what her motive is. But as @stroppyse posted before (thank you soo much for the translation, you're super woman!), 

"He has a girlfriend named Hae Ji who graduated from a music university and now plays violin in a municipal orchestra. He has always dreamed of a gentle girl like a Cosmos flower… but ‘beneath’ the Miss Korea precepts of truth-goodness-beauty, she is the beautiful owner of a suspicious history",

I wonder what's her suspicious history is: is she a promiscuous girl? is she related to the psycho? was she a victim before? Too early to tell. 

8 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Do Bong Soon Park Bo Young

.... However, Bong Sun also lived thinking that her strength needed to be hidden. She disliked it that her strength made her too different from other people. Especially since the guy that she had a crush on had a woman who was an ideal type like a beautiful cosmos (type of flower)….

As Bong Soon works as Min Hyuk’s bodyguard, she encounters unexpected events, having signed an employment contract that she can’t look at without tears in her eyes, but later develops a tumultuous romance with him. Min Hyuk, as he finds out more about Bong Soon’s talents and that she is a woman with unmatched strength and realizing that Bong Soon has come under increasing threat, and Bong Soon, who vows to protect Min Hyuk who is constantly in danger, the two people always end up in unique situations together.

And I squeal reading the tumultuous romance part. OMG OMG OMG!!! :wub:

7 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Ahn Min Hyuk Park Hyung Sik

.... While in his twenties, he wants to date a lot of women and choose a woman to stand by him. Having given his all in developing the game and having the company succeed, it was now time to turn his attention to finding a woman; but now fashionable and stylish, considered a bling, bling, luxurious, good-looking man, and being popular with gay men, there are rumours that he is also gay. 

While Bong Soon was officially hired as his bodyguard, she is assigned personal secretary duties as well; when she is told to do something, she may do the wrong things, but she is lovable; and even though she is the world’s strongest person, outwardly, she looks angelic, so he falls in love with her.  While that is happening, Bong Soon’s neighborhood of Do Bong Dong is experiencing a horrible serial criminal involving women, and Bong Soon becomes a witness to the culprit, so policeman Guk Du guards Bong Soon, and Bong Soon guards Min Hyuk, and thus for purposes of protection for all, Bong Soon and Guk Du move in with Min Hyuk…

In Guk Du Ji Soo

He realizes that real life doesn’t always go according to principles after meeting Min Hyuk, and starts breaking his bonds to the law. 

While he was studying overseas, his older brother was killed 10 years ago having been stabbed by a knife. Thus, he decided to become a policeman. He has a girlfriend named Hae Ji who graduated from a music university and now plays violin in a municipal orchestra. He has always dreamed of a gentle girl like a Cosmos flower… but ‘beneath’ the Miss Korea precepts of truth-goodness-beauty, she is the beautiful owner of a suspicious history 

..... Then, the next week, another female victim disappeared, and then a different female victim was kidnapped as the start of a serial crime spree. The kidnapped women have in common that they were weak women. It is al by the same perpetrator. 

As Bong Soon becomes a witness of that culprit, it is determined that she needs protection, and Guk Du who doesn’t want to be involved in Bong Soon and Min Hyuk’s employment relationship, however, ends up becoming involved in their complicated relationship. Also, seeing Bong Soon who is by Min Hyuk’s side 24 hours a day in order to protect him and Min Hyuk who looks at Bong Soon clearly without any conflicts, he feels jealous of their relationship

The part about AMH, not much going on there. I hope they release more info of AMH's past. 

On the contrary, lots of info on GD's past. I didnt know that his brother died of stabbing - so that's why he chose to be a policeman. 
And the part about the victims - they are all weak women. Interesting how the writers play around with the theme of strong - weak, women or men. 

Well... well.. well...

i've been mia on soompi lately because i was super busy irl... i watched this drama last week (first two eps) and i like it! :relaxed: and i watched the latest 2 eps a lil bit late (today) and now I LOVE IT!!!! :love: I AM LITERALLY DYING!!!! I LAUGHED AT EVERY SECOND OF THIS DRAMA!!!!

Welcoming myself to this thread! 

thank you @jellybellymonster for summoning me here!

sorry... i've been super super busy hehehe i can't backread this thread so pardon me if someone already posted this GIF. but this is one of my favorites (well, i love every scenes) after G**** , finally i found a drama that makes me crazy again! 

NBM78hz.gif

Hello Chingus who already know me! Nice to meet you AGAIN!... WUAAAAAAAAAA I AM SO HAPPY!!! I'm Indeed craaazzzeeeyyyy....

I'll do gif live recaps! i hope work won't bother me! Please God Please... 

this drama is well scripted and also crazier than i thought... 

:love: :joy: HE IS NOT NORMAL! HE IS CRAZY!!!  :joy::love:

Spoiler

CvBuSvq.gif

IaqqdeP.gif

and they add abduction and serial killer story... well i'm suspicious with the man who was interrogated by the police (victim's fiancee).. i need to rewatch that part and i feel those crimes were done by one person...

it seems that i can't check soompi as often as i used to :( well i will try my best to check this thread everyday! Yeeeyyy...

@gutibear @itzibitzispider

@naritul  cute-rabbit-emoticon-21.gif?1301940532Welcome on board, chingu!! It's never too late. cheerleader pink mousecute-rabbit-emoticon-20.gif?1301940532  Should I tag you again?

@penelop3

Sorry to cut your post @bebebisous33, I think, at this stage she said that to AMH to stop being gay so that he won't bug GD. Perhaps she unconsciously know that AMH is actually not gay and ask him to stop pretending to be one. I'm not sure if she's already 'fallen' for AMH just yet. There will moments in the future for their slow burning romance.  

That's what I meant. She is afraid that AMH might flirt with IGD and she doesn't want it hence she requests from AMH to stop acting as a gay. However, she is not into AMH yet, it is her jealousy speaking. But for someone who has no knowledge about her crush on IGD, her words might be perceived differently, she wants AMH to look at her, stop being gay and see her as a woman... 

6 hours ago, triplem said:

Woah! I definitely opened a can of worms hmmm? Sorry but not sorry..:lol: Since you answered me with so much passion, I will not go down without a fight.

(to all other chingus, please take this all with a pinch of humour and see it from the POV of a complex woman who uses her heart more than her head)

1. Yes, I will obviously have to agree...which is why in my earlier posts I don't get why GD did not approach BS if he truly like her. So for me, if a guy likes you he will go for it.  But alright I accept this is K-drama so he may have had this impression she does not like him/ wrong timing/ wrong Signal :D / missed chances. And they were of course only 17 -19 years of age. We were all idiotic once (or more than once).

2. heol! What are you saying? He's got really nice kissable lips, nice height, intense look. It's the same as how I think about evil-ex , she's sweet and all but oh well to each his own...kekeke

3. This was what I also said in my earlier posts. I'm also an objective viewer in spite being a bias fangirl. The drama has so far not given a good impression of my hot cop. So which is why in my quoted post, I said logic would mean he is not a contender for her affections...but human relationships and attraction are not like buying meat in the market. You don't go out there and compare 2 guys and pick which one is the better piece.. We fall for someone not because he is the perfect one and meets all our criterias. We love him in spite of his flaws and imperfections. You see just because  we've screwed up once, it does not mean we don't deserve a 2nd chance.

4. Ok you can blame me for the term evil-ex. I started it. But it's a term of endearment. :tongue: (i know you won't believe me) ...GD is also good looking (IMHO) , caring (in his own way ) and focused.

Oh you know that you triggered me with KSJ :D I drop a lot of dramas and with that I drop a lot of actors/actresses aswell, but she's still reigning at the top of my very, very small list. 

1. What wonders me the most, is that he somehow managed to get other girlfriends and I can't think that these girl did the first step. He should have realized that BS is always near him and tries to accompany him. But when I think about it I wouldn't notice it either if I would be in a situation like this.

2.  meh jk, please don't kill me :D 

3. I have to agree. Very well written. I couldn't have said it better myself.

4. You're right, I don't believe you :D I had a hard time defending her. Shi-Ho was completely different!

6 hours ago, triplem said:

(ahaha you can tell I had a ball doing this)

Ok peace offering...:wink:

You know that I'm on fire when you mention her, especially because it was completely unexpected. But I had much fun writing it aswell.  

Anyway, peace accepted. (Like we ever had something else ^_^) Woohoo, this goes right into my collection.

1 hour ago, JackieOnTheRocks said:

Always find excuses/ways for skinship time eh, Depyunim?

Who can blame him for that when he has such a beauty around him? 

@stroppyse  Thank you so much for the translation!! 

1 hour ago, mundaliv said:

Park Hyung Sik's voice.. The way he speaks and his voice are addictive :D And I like it that I got to hear this style of his speaking and voice a lot in Strong Woman! Especially in episode 3 and 4!! So many of them! 

The eyes acting also developed very well.. he can express his emotions from his eyes. Especially when he has breakfast served by DBS. I thought that he is crying. He is so mellow in that scene!

I like Park Bo Young. She is so small and cute. In this drama it's so funny because she is so strong!! 

Their interactions are so funny also. She is so broken hearted with IGD, she doesn't realise AMH attention. 

Totally agree! I'm obsessed with his voice and his style of speaking, I feel it so sexy as hell. His voice sound manly, arrogant yet soothing and sweet. His eye expression is deep and impressive too.  

I just saw an article on Dramafever and I completely agree with them..

6 Reasons Strong Woman Do Bong Soon will hook you until the finale

by Shelly M on Thu, Mar 02, 2017

56d4ecb2-a59a-4b77-8107-bde60f18e790.jpg

Strong Woman Do Bong Soon debuted with a punch! Stars Park Bo Young, Park Hyung Sik and Ji Soo quickly immersed themselves in their roles, and they have us believing in this new world. Before we start to mourn the fact that this will never be our reality, let's enjoy the fantasy while it lasts. Today, I have listed 6 reasons you could never give up Strong Woman Do Bong Soon before the finale, even if you wanted to. 

1. The flower boys Park Hyung Sik and Ji Soo. 

As soon as I found out these two heartthrobs were co-starring in this K-drama, I was sold. Of course, we would all give anything to be in Park Bo Young's place! Two gorgeous guys fighting over you is living the dream. The end of episode 2 was the biggest shocker.

2. We envy Do Bong Soon.

After our girl crush fades, fellow ladies can't help but be jealous of Do Bong Soon (Park Bo Young)'s incredible superhuman strength. Why can't we all have the power to fight crime alone? The world be a much safer place if good people could instantly solve problems with this kind of power.

3. Ahn Min Hyuk's love is already setting a K-drama record.

We are accustomed to the two main leads slowly falling for each other after episodes of bickering. Min Hyuk (Park Hyung Sik) shocked us all by getting turned on by Bong Soon in episode one. That is almost unheard of in dramaland!

4. In Gook Doo in drag made your weekend.

You knew actor Ji Soo is sexy, but the boy can work it in a dress, too! The criminal didn't know what hit him when the sexy lady he was waiting for turned out to be rebel cop In Gook Do.

5. Bong Soon's quirky mom surpasses your K-drama expectations.

We know she loves her daughter, but she has a very strange way of showing it. Hwang Jin Yi (Shim Hye Jin) pushes Bong Soon to her limits! Because she lost her superhuman strength by being careless, she doesn't want the same thing to happen to her baby. Her initial desire for her daughter to marry her rich, handsome boss was a show of affection, right?

6. We are all intrigued and terrified by Ahn Min Hyuk's criminal mind.

Do Bong Soon's hot boss already has mystery surrounding him with his need for a personal bodyguard. Before Bong Soon can discover the reason behind the threats to his life, Min Hyuk admits that he once dreamt of becoming a criminal himself. I know this came up during their chat about her local crime cases, but what are we supposed to make of that? He is too pretty to be evil!

Spoiler

viewimage.php?id=29b2d229ebd52ba961b1&no

CR : DC and Dramafever

Weeee! Manse! I am so happy SWDBS made you comeback to Soompi chinguyaaaaa @naritul ! I miss your live GIF recaps from G***** days. I hope you will regularly do them, schedule permitting. I actually summoned you here because of that hahahaha oooopssss  :naughty: THAT and also because I know you enjoy this drama. :innocent:

16 minutes ago, naritul said:

and they add abduction and serial killer story... well i'm suspicious with the man who was interrogated by the police (victim's fiancee).. i need to rewatch that part and i feel those crimes were done by one person...

The witness of the 2nd crime is also very suspicious (as some of our chingus already posted). He may have turned himself as a witness to get inside information on the investigation and to also mislead the cops. MH did say he thinks the murder and kidnap are done by two different people. It's chilling that we have potentially more than one suspect for the Do Bong community crimes. Plus the suspect for MH stalking. 

14 minutes ago, athena22 said:

3. Ahn Min Hyuk's love is already setting a K-drama record.

We are accustomed to the two main leads slowly falling for each other after episodes of bickering. Min Hyuk (Park Hyung Sik) shocked us all by getting turned on by Bong Soon in episode one. That is almost unheard of in dramaland!

I hope we get to see some flashback next episode why did Depyunim decided to sleep in the couch (I wish there will be a hidden kissing scene there unknown to our Bong Soon unnie and I think there will be this coming episode at shows in the preview) 

12 minutes ago, jellybellymonster said:

Weeee! Manse! I am so happy SWDBS made you comeback to Soompi chinguyaaaaa @naritul ! I miss your live GIF recaps from G***** days. I hope you will regularly do them, schedule permitting. I actually summoned you here because of that hahahaha oooopssss  :naughty: THAT and also because I know you enjoy this drama. :innocent:

The witness of the 2nd crime is also very suspicious (as some of our chingus already posted). He may have turned himself as a witness to get inside information on the investigation and to also mislead the cops. MH did say he thinks the murder and kidnap are done by two different people. It's chilling that we have potentially more than one suspect for the Do Bong community crimes. Plus the suspect for MH stalking. 

Oh yeah, sorry i dont remember the names bc i only watched once per episode... i will try rewatch them...

yes, that witness of the 2nd crime is very suspicious. i remember him... well, MH is the main lead, i believe his thoughts will be correct... 

and i suspicious with MH 2nd brother (the one mh called) too... he might be the one who has been threatening him... 

@bebebisous33 thank you... how r u chingu? 

@triplem hi hi nice to see you again!!! 

20 hours ago, evie7 said:

Or that her powers kinda scared him, it's to be expected that some men would feel insecure about them. It doesn't make him a bad guy but just not the man for BS. He cares about her I believe a little more than a friend. I just think the timing was never right for them.

I think so to that he took it to heart when she said they were "just friends. You are right that's why he keeps telling her this.

Probably if powers would have scared him he would have maintained his distance completely and not even bother to care..

I strongly think GD is not aware of the powers.. and she has managed to hide it well.. only people who know about it are trully close to her.. seeing her 24X7 and then its kind of family history so family knowns and best friend.

PHS is a variable.. he happened to witness the truth like the little kids

20 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

I agree chingu's  @evie7 @enigmatic_zephy  Bong Soon has no idea when a guy is  interested in her because she is clueless. But when it comes to GD it is his fault that BS is also clueless. IF he hadn't said he wanted some frail woman, BS would have gotten the courage to confess and he also mad her very nerveous. IF he liked her , he should confessed to her instead of keeping it to yourself. We all know BS is an AIRHEAD , so he should have come forward instead of harboring it. I agree he has liked her for a long time but she never shown him she like him too. I think the problem is that they both to darn shyyyyyyyy. This gus spend so much time worrying about BS but not his actual girlfriend. He is also cold and distance because he cares for her. BS is the shy type ( but not really shy) that is why she needs someone to push her buttons just like MH does to her. He annoys her,  makes her mad and because he knows the real her they can banter all they can banter all the time without fear of being criticized. Her fear of her true self is what hindered her from confessing her feelings and being happy.  

Hee Ji is using Bong Ki to make Gook Doo jealous because he isn't paying much attention toward her. Since hearing about GD and BK were rivals in high school. I really dislike her and she is so fake laughing at cheesy lines. Guys don't think I hate Bong Ki. I love him and hope he ends with  Na Kyun Shik. 

He he.. but that's the thing..

GD sees BS as a frail woman.. whereas BS knows that she is anything but frail.. and in her weirdest dreams would not think that someone can ever perceive her as frail..

So for me the scene is..

DG kept giving BS hints.. the frail woman comment was super direct.. but again, BS did not react to it.. from GD's point of view.. he would have expected her to reciprocate through body language in the least .. but what he got was zero rebound.. so he deduced that BS absolutely does not think of him in any other way than a mere friend

Pn confession, its not easy.. or simple.. when you don't lnow how other feels plus the other person is a great friend ..you can't  just confess.. you would want to test waters to get some hint and confidence in confessing.. and he did exactly that... and as confirmation what he got was that BS is not interested

Archived