[Drama 2017] Strong Woman Do Bong Soon 힘쎈여자 도봉순

Go Seung Ji

the gangster boss is either the 1 that kidnapped DBS & DBK when they were kids (I need to re-watch the 1st 2 eps to check on that) or he's another gangster that's an enemy or ally of AMH's dad.O r maybe both? Cause if I remember correctly, AMH sort of knew who he was when he saw him at the hospital

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finished watching with subs and episode 3 is really great.Very glad to hear about rating too. this episode in my opinion was filled with all the elements of a drama and very well executed be it from romance to thriller.  I really liked sassy bongsoon and bossy min hyuk. Their interactions were really one of a kind.  The episode stated on the  note of light comedy with scene of GD, MH and BS. It was really funny the way GD is worried and MH's playing along with him and BS in the middle trying to solve comes to rescue MH when he asks GD to take him (may be BS is worried about him liking GDB))crazy-monkey-emoticon-039.gif?1292792389

giphy.gif

Spoiler

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

He is being really playful with guk doo and trying to send weird messages into bong soon's mind??:lol:

then when GD says all men are dogs (gae) BS says don't look down  on them. I was thinking  did she hear dog(gae) or 'gay' to tell that.

another point i liked in this episode was MHs jealousy. he even asked her did guk doo give her the chian. He is totally blown by bong soon's charm oh boy..crazy-monkey-emoticon-037.gif?1292792388

giphy.gif

but after hearing it is from her father he gets relived see his eyes..

Spoiler

giphy.gif

he really opens upto bong soon more than anyone. he has told her about his family, mothers death etc. 

he really doesn't like considered as being 'gay' but still he plays along with BS 

giphy.gif

Spoiler

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

when he went to describe GD's butt i couldn't control my laughter he really does know very well how to play with bong soon.(If at all tomorrow that scene is a dream we all know the reasoncrazy-monkey-emoticon-060.gif?1292792394

The scene in police station was so hilarious. Poor GD unknown of BS's strength when AMH is about to reveal his toe gets fractured from his own bodyguard how ironic. 

I think half of the episode was filled with hospital scenes. Oh my god seriously gangsters are really  funny. I would love these kind of gangsters.Esp Mr "Jaw" (WooReuk) and Agari. i was surprised how Agari was able to know what he was trying to tell.crazy-monkey-emoticon-140.gif?1292792415

Spoiler

tumblr_om9yhikroC1vqlkb3o1_540.png

tumblr_om9yhikroC1vqlkb3o2_540.png

tumblr_om9yhikroC1vqlkb3o3_540.png

another thing i realized is guk doo can be really nice boyfriend. Even though he was busy he found time to take his GF to hospital for her problem and then even bought sweet when he knew he can't be there during white day. And he even promised to go on a date after that case is solved. In-spite of all this I feel bad for him. I don't know what his gf is trying to do is it to try two timing (U can really see she has something for BG) or something whatever it is i'm not pleased at all..bad-atmosphere-onion-head-emoticon.gif?1

Spoiler

giphy.gif

tumblr_om9yv4pxfe1vqlkb3o1_540.png

tumblr_om9yv4pxfe1vqlkb3o2_540.png

It is my first time seeing someone in kdrama who really enjoys so much in hospital.eating ice cream and all i wish there was some hospital like that. He himself got admitted and discharged like bong gi said.crazy-monkey-emoticon-142.gif?1292792416

Spoiler

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

it's just my opinion when MH introduced bong soon to step mom it looked like a scene from a drama where a chaebol is introducing his GF to his family. and being presented on family dinner.crazy-monkey-emoticon-010.gif?1292792380

Spoiler

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

After all these moments of light comedy thriller part was also nice. But then thank god it was less creepy than the previous episode. it was such a cliffhanger at the end of the episode whether bong soon will head towards the victim and help her or will it be already late. This episode was nice ride. Bong soon's mother is so determined to hook them up I thnk she will be really happy if she comes to know MH doesn't like men but instead likes DBS. can't wait for today's episode. hope i will be on time. really looking forward to drunken BS. MH has really fallen for her he fell all her antics so cute. And gangsters are following them that is why they are in cinema hall too.crazy-monkey-emoticon-127.gif?1292792412

one question

Spoiler

is it the same person please tell.. (bong soon's kidnapper and AMH's father???)tumblr_oma1rtB8fB1vqlkb3o1_540.png

tumblr_oma1rtB8fB1vqlkb3o2_540.jpg

sorry for this long boring posts...crazy-monkey-emoticon-057.gif?1292792394

Park Hyung Sik And Park Bo Young Get Close In Latest Stills For “Strong Woman Do Bong Soon”

Park-Hyung-Sik-Park-Bo-Young.png

JTBC’s “Strong Woman Do Bong Soon” has released the newest stills for its upcoming fourth episode!

The released stills tease a heart fluttering moment between Park Bo Young and Park Hyung Sik. The scene, which takes place in the fourth episode, shows Do Bong Soon (Park Bo Young) taking care of Ahn Min Hyuk (Park Hyung Sik), who becomes wounded in the arm after experiencing a surprise attack.Strong-Woman-Do-Bong-Soon.jpg

A source from the production team for “Strong Woman Do Bong Soon” stated, “Park Bo Young and Park Hyung Sik’s chemistry and synergy is so good that there’s nothing left to say. There are a lot of heart fluttering moments in this upcoming episode. Plus, Do Bong Soon is set to become an active figure after she experiences an awakening in regards to the recent disappearances of young women, so stay tuned.

cr: soompi atricle

13 hours ago, stargazer187 said:

Annyeong  @nonski !! Nice to be tagged on roll-call again, haha

Sorry to cut ur post short. No, not the brother, I don't expect something like in IRY, where Min the brother is the killer. That would be too sad for BS if the story goes that way. I love seeing him and his noona get along well. For now, I still couldn't guess who is it, but later on next episodes I'll start to profile who could it be that creepy criminal, lol

This criminal habit who likes to collect his brides' picture is reminding me of Creepy Chef in TGWSS who likes to collect his victims' last biography diary. I wamt BS to kick this creept ash really hurt more than she had done with the thugs or Secretary Go. 

agreed. I expect lots of them. hahaa... I love how BS keeps diagreeing on him to whicever he said, like how she gives the response to every offers he gives, "ohh.. that's a weak offer, yeokshi yakaraneyo". or when he whines to her for not telling him the walnut bakery is her family's business, amd more and more she talks back to him. I hope BS will stay this way till the end. haha

You know, most dramas always have good start, but not all manages that till the end. I just want this writer can make the drama gets better and better with its unique charms that already created and blended with the whole characters in it. 

Ah... I shouldn't come here, I don't want to see any spoiler before I watch this. hohoho... have to scroll up amd down faster to scan-reading one or two, will be back once I've done watching. So, in the meantime, see you avenger chingudeul... !!!!

chingu @stargazer187 i hope too that it's not his brother.  that would be sad for both bong soo and min hyuk.  

though his brother really gives out a different and suspicious vibe.

i'm really intrigued at this creepy maniac roaming around the dobong neighborhood.

he is a real psychopath!

he also seems to have a pattern of sorts, from my perspective.  he targets not just anyone but nice ladies.  

the last one was a teacher and this one looks respectable.

You know, most dramas always have good start, but not all manages that till the end. I just want this writer can make the drama gets better and better with its unique charms that already created and blended with the whole characters in it. 

i also worry on that aspect.  most dramas start up really good and in the end you'll just shake your head why you wasted so much time especially if you livestreaming. 

but this drama, i'm a bit positive that it will go the right way.  so far writernim had been very good at being funny and putting hilarity in scenes yet piqueng out curiousity over the killer.  

writer-nim is slowly drawing DBS to the killer's circle. future episodes will prove to be interesting.

There was a small scene where MH didn't say anything and it just said so much about his life. His facial expressions were amazing and delivered everything that needed to be 'said' at that moment. It only was a few seconds. I talk about this scene.

giphy.gif

This was the scene after his father revealed his plans for the future of his company and after he grabbed that iron thingy and 'threatened' his oldest son. MH eyes and his face said everything in that moment, everything that's wrong with his family, everything that burdens him when it comes down to his family. You can see how he suffers in this situation and how painful it is for him being in such a broken family. It feels like a dark secret that he hides to everybody around him. His issues with his family is something he wants to keep in the dark.

And to bring BS here and show her how deep this goes within his family and to let her sit at that very table where he might be more vulnerable than anywhere else is so huge. It seems that she isn't aware of the fact how much he trusts her and how deep this goes for him. He lets her inside his personal world, where things aren't shiny and peaceful. He opens up on her.

I really loved that small scene.

1 hour ago, ferily said:

Oh my gosh, I agree with what you say! I love how open Min Hyuk is so open with Bong Soon and he shares his personal feelings to him. He can be serious with her but also silly and funny!! I do agree that it seems DBS doesn't like MH at all or think of him as a friend.. It seems like she thinks he is bothersome and annoying... (Which I am sad about because AMH already has a crush on her and he's trying to get her attention) I hope things lighten up with Bong Soon and she can think of him more :) I can't wait until she finds out he isn't gay as well and that he likes her!!

Exactly, MH is such an interesting character and developed so well over the course of just two episodes. He has so many layers. He does so much at this early stage.

13 hours ago, athena22 said:

loved these scenes 

Just my daily dosis of PBY before going to bed. Goooosh, she looks so cute and handsome when she looks up like that. You are so lucky if she looks at you like that. How can someone be so pretty? :wub:

1 hour ago, dhakra said:

There was a small scene where MH didn't say anything and it just said so much about his life. His facial expressions were amazing and delivered everything that needed to be 'said' at that moment. It only was a few seconds. I talk about this scene.

This was the scene after his father revealed his plans for the future of his company and after he grabbed that iron thingy and 'threatened' his oldest son. MH eyes and his face said everything in that moment, everything that's wrong with his family, everything that burdens him when it comes down to his family. You can see how he suffers in this situation and how painful it is for him being in such a broken family. It feels like a dark secret that he hides to everybody around him. His issues with his family is something he wants to keep in the dark.

And to bring BS here and show her how deep this goes within his family and to let her sit at that very table where he might be more vulnerable than anywhere else is so huge. It seems that she isn't aware of the fact how much he trusts her and how deep this goes for him. He lets her inside his personal world, where things aren't shiny and peaceful. He opens up on her.

I really loved that small scene.

Exactly, MH is such an interesting character and developed so well over the course of just two episodes. He has so many layers. He does so much at this early stage.

Just my daily dosis of PBY before going to bed. Goooosh, she looks so cute and handsome when she looks up like that. You are so lucky if she looks at you like that. How can someone be so pretty? :wub:

Oh my gosh.. I love what you said about Min Hyuk at the family dinner. I felt like your points are 100 percent accurate! I didn't really pay much attention to it but now that I think about it, I think you are right! I'm going to go back and watch that scene now :D

Wait a minute.... So new episode 4 stills were just released, right? In the photo we see Bong Soon taking care of Min Hyuk's wound, and they're wearing the exact same clothes from the attack. You can even see the jacket he was wearing on the sofa in the background.

zOMStKp.jpg

Does this mean that MH doesn't go to the hospital for this attack then? Then then then..!! Does that mean the hospital scenes from the first OST's music video is a complete different scenario? :o 

Spoiler

j2NJ0R.gif

y8xk97.gif

AngOMO.gif

Then this means that Min Hyuk goes to the hospital later in the episodes? Or am I just over analyzing things... I don't know but I felt like I had to bring this up because maybe MH does get admitted to the hospital in the later episodes :o

I assumed that MH is in the hospital because of the sudden attack we'll see in Episode 4 but I don't think that is the case...

3 hours ago, triplem said:

@penelop3 Excellent observations there. The killer he wanted to hv 7 brides right?  And so far in the list he has one ( that hospital girl) - but do you remember in the previous episode when he was dragging the hospital victim down the steps , there were these hands that were banging against the window? So do you think he does not kill his victims & he actually brings them all back & see if they fit the criteria? He will dispose of them much later?  

@Era Ferawati Thanks dear. Sending you some love :wub:

@sebastian27 Don't skip that date. Love comes first , if you want win-win, get the date to watch this too , wink ! 

@triplem i think that's not real victim, it's just come movie projection sort of like .gif file - creepy 
@dimples21 Cannot wait for tonight's eps

This crime feels really familiar, its like a mash-up of plots from Criminal Minds S5E5 kidnapping young women and impregnated them and then kill them prior to giving birth and S11E3 where multiple brides-to-be have been found murdered the night before their wedding day. Kinda ring a bell right?

3 hours ago, dhakra said:

• KD-girlfriend is a beauty, but she lost this episode. One visit at a doctors is enough to make her forget about her boyfriend and preparing to 'date' that doc. Even though she knows that this doc is the brother of her boyfriends friend? Please tell me this isn't how girls normally do stuff like that. I feel sorry for KD. We already knew that KD-girlfriend and BS brother have a lovestory, but I didn't expect it would be so.......wrong. 

@dhakra Sorry to cut your post.
I notice that too.. she must have not love KD too deeply if she can be easily 'tempted' by another guy. 

Somehow I think deep down KD actually love BS. He has known her since they were kids. He should have noticed how BS is in love with him. Whether or not he actually realized it, he has considered BS as his. I guess things get complicated when KD starts losing the girls of his life one by one (current gf to BG and BS to AMH).

Curious, if he's so goood at playing piano, why did he choose to be a policeman?
Also, not curious, just surprised by the bits where KD called up BS's mom to tell her that BS spends the night with a man. I'm confuse. Why would BS need a permission from her mom when she's already an adult and capable of making decision by herself? Is this Korean culture?

5 minutes ago, ferily said:

Wait a minute.... So new episode 4 stills were just released, right? In the photo we see Bong Soon taking care of Min Hyuk's wound, and they're wearing the exact same clothes from the attack. You can even see the jacket he was wearing on the sofa in the background.

Does this mean that MH doesn't go to the hospital for this attack then? Then then then..!! Does that mean the hospital scenes from the first OST's music video is a complete different scenario? :o 

Reveal hidden contents

j2NJ0R.gif

y8xk97.gif

AngOMO.gif

Then this means that Min Hyuk goes to the hospital later in the episodes? Or am I just over analyzing things... And these two scenes are actually the same scenario.... I don't know but I felt like I had to bring this up and maybe MH does get admitted to the hospital in the later episodes :o

I assumed that MH is in the hospital because of the sudden attack we'll see in Episode 4 but maybe not?

Yeah.. I guess that'll happen in much later eps. But what I like from the hospital scene is that by then, BS seems to have notice AMH as a man, which makes me go YAAY!

3 minutes ago, penelop3 said:

Yeah.. I guess that'll happen in much later eps. But what I like from the hospital scene is that by then, BS seems to have notice AMH as a man, which makes me go YAAY!

Sorry to cut your post as well... But yes! When I was watching that scene, I noticed they are more affectionate with each other.. I can't wait till we see that scene :wub:

2 hours ago, athena22 said:

another thing i realized is guk doo can be really nice boyfriend. Even though he was busy he found time to take his GF to hospital for her problem and then even bought sweet when he knew he can't be there during white day. And he even promised to go on a date after that case is solved. In-spite of all this I feel bad for him. I don't know what his gf is trying to do is it to try two timing (U can really see she has something for BG) or something whatever it is i'm not pleased at all..

That's a really good observation. I felt in this episode we see a lot more of GD then before. He really is sweet. He is just oblivious to BS's feelings coz he has a gf. Also I Guess indirectly it means he is a loyal / faithful kind of person.

@nonski @stargazer187 Does Bong ki give off any bad vibes ? I can't tell. If they make him the killer , woah the tone of this drama will be pretty dark. It will be too painful for Bong Soon & the family. Can you imagine Queen Bee mum - it will become a makjang fest with all her crying.  Also if he does end up with flirty cellist, I wonder if BS will be thankful since it will give her a chance to be with Her crush. 

Very interesting that MH has a picture of the girl who stopped the run-away bus, in episode 1, painted on the hidden door of his closet.  So, has he been looking for that girl all these years and finally found her?  

In introspection, MH must have been on that bus going to visit his mother's grave, since he had the bouquet of white flowers.  And, he would probably have died that day if BS hadn't stopped the bus. So, he might think they are fated.

So far, this drama is hilarious. I hope they keep up the humor even when the story gets more ominous.

5 hours ago, dhakra said:

Finished the subbed episode and wanted so share my thoughts.

• First of all, when I started watching SWDBS today it felt somehow like home, just lean back and enjoy, I really liked that.
  • But for the episode itself, I like the episode quite well, it wasn't amazing, but I enjoyed it. I have the feeling the interesting parts will air tomorrow, so I'm looking for that.
  • I really like DBS mother, I feel like she's my hidden MVP right now, okay, she may be materialistic, but right now she's the only force that trys to create a bond between MH + BS. She trys to give MH a chance and convince her to make more out herself. You can blame her for that. The reason why I'm supporting her is because
  • It really annoys me that MH pretends to be gay just to upset BS. MH has gotten a lot of credit lately, I begin to like his character, but everytime I think he may have a shot, he begins to act like a jerk and scares her off. But I have to say this isn't completely his fault. because
  • BS really feels like two-faced. She can be such a cutie and if I would ever stand in front of her, I would pass out and die by heart-attack. But she can be so complicated and I don't like that she hasn't any good word left over for MH. Yeah, he sometimes acts like a kid, but on the other hand he already told her so many things about himself. He clearly trusts her and told her personal things very quickly, it's always costs some effort for a guy to open up himself to a girl. He cheered her up in his mancave and told her about himself. 
  • I really can't wait to the point where she finally discovers that he isn't gay and this whole stuff finally ends. I want them to like each other, but right now everything I hear is moaning from both parts. It seems like she doesn't like him and he doesn't do anything to change that. He destroys every good approach by doing something stupid just a few scenes later.
  • KD right now feels somehow......meh.......I don't care much for his character right now. And that isn't Ji Soo fault, because he's acting very good, but KD just feels one-dimensional. Because of that he loses to MH right now, MH showed multiple facettes right now and has way more depth up to this point. You have his family, his company, his past, his deep thoughts about his past and sadly his childish behaviours. KD just feels like a roboter right now, I really hope they add more layers to his personality.
  • KD-girlfriend is a beauty, but she lost this episode. One visit at a doctors is enough to make her forget about her boyfriend and preparing to 'date' that doc. Even though she knows that this doc is the brother of her boyfriends friend? Please tell me this isn't how girls normally do stuff like that. I feel sorry for KD. We already knew that KD-girlfriend and BS brother have a lovestory, but I didn't expect it would be so.......wrong. 
  • MH's mancave is just awesome! The dream of e-v-e-r-y man, and that heaven of stars is just astonishing. He sure knows how to impress a girl. High Five Bro!

I think that's it for now.

I only manage to read pg 80. Heading back to hometown n wont b able to stream life nor contribute to live recaps. Need to put up d deco for my son's bufday party. Enjoy guys

Meanwhile wanna comment i agree with much @dhakra has mention in above post. Just wan to add in BS defense feisty is part of her character. She has many jobs but i dont thk any last long. When we met her in ep1 shes still job hunting. I thk shes the type that doesnt filter much and mouths off what she thks. It can rub off ppl the wrong way. In d aspect of MH i dont thk he minds too much. In fact somtyms he riles her up even more. I guess quarrel n bickering is still communicating. As compared to GD and his gf.. I dont thk those two communicated. No idea how long they dates but pretty sure GD doesnt really the real her .

Lastly i tol cant wait when BS discover MH is straight n into her.

Enjoy ep4 chingus. Once in done hope to hop in to read back the recaps n screenshots.

Archived