[Drama 2017] Strong Woman Do Bong Soon 힘쎈여자 도봉순

Go Seung Ji

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, juliacaesar said:

Didn't catch episode 2 live but just wanted to say that this was a good catch from you! It's really nice to see that she doesn't consider her extraordinary strength as a burden. She seems to see it as a gift to her and wasn't relieved to see she still had her powers. Her strength is a part of her, which makes it a part of a "normal Do Bong Soon". Normally, if there are characters with "special abilities", they would make it their wish/goal to get rid of them and become "normal". But as you said, Do Bong Soon feels "normal" with her powers :) 

Yeah,before the show started i was a little sad thinking they might go with that route in terms of her strenght yet i was happy it wasn't the case and i could understand why she hides it now and why she keeps it secret from Gook Du as well(as she has a crush on him and her deducing he likes delicate girls rather than powerful ones)...I think she considers indeed her strenght part of her and and as a whole,what makes Do Bong Soon and isin't ashame or anything...I think she would have a very hard time if she is disposed of it,it's like she'll loose a part of her...This is one point i'm curious,if the writer will stripe her by the end of her powers or will somehow let her live her whole life with them,mainly because of that jinx/curse..I think she has more trouble keeping her strenght hidden and not use it against bad people of fear of being found out and make her look like a total display freak or to loose them because she hurt by accident a good person...

Episode 2 makes Strong Woman Do Bong Soon the second most watched General Cable  drama ever!

1. Childless Comfort (JTBC) 9.230
2. Strong Woman Do Bong Soon (JTBC) 5.758
3. Secret Love Affair (JTBC) 5.372
4. Maids (JTBC) 4.725
5. Firstborn (JTBC) 4.641
6. Cruel Palace (JTBC) 4.319
7. This is my True Story (TV Chosun) 3.989*
8. A Wife's Credentials (JTBC) 3.414
9. My Wife is Having an affair this Week (JTBC) 3.351
10. Tears of Heaven (MBN) 3.305

*Weekly drama anthology, not series. 

29 minutes ago, uglypearl said:

Congrats to Strong Woman Do BongSoon

Episode 2 got 5% rating :)

Yay! Looks like the Episodes will go up in ratings, hopefully :D They're doing a great job with the storyline and character, in my opinion. I already fell for this drama!

[SPOILERS] STRONG WOMAN DO BONG SOON EP02

Spoiler

0002581197_001_20170226021218494.jpgdobongsoon.png

Naver - News1: 'Do Bong Soon' Park Hyung Sik, Park Bo Young is going to be taken by Jisoo..."Leave her here"

1. [+795, -12] Park Bo Young and Park Hyung Sik are so funny ㅋㅋ

2. [+600, -13] Park Bo Young and Park Hyung Sik couple are so pretty and lovely  ㅎㅎ Looking forward to next week

3. [+535, -12] The chemistry between Park Bo Young and Park Hyung sik is so good. They are so funny. You have to watch the broadcast!!!

4. [+481, -12] The suspect gave me goosebumps

5. [+332, -12] I wonder who the killer is

6. [+154, -6] Yesterday, they explained the characters and today the story started...It's seems to be good enough to not get boring. Looking forward to the story. More than anything, It's fun to see Park Bo Young and Park Hyung sik's acting.

7. [+145, -4] Park Hyung Sik makes my heart flutters ㅜㅜ His voice is like honey dropping from it.

8. [+124, -4] Park Hyung Sik, this time don't let go!

9. [+120, -5] It's so fun...I will always watch the broadcast...Park Hyung Sik's so handsome and Park Bo Young is so cute and pretty.... ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ

10. [+113, -4] Park Hyung Sik Please sing an Ost for the drama, Fighting♡♡♡

Spoiler

201702260005388022497_20170226000619_01_

Naver - Heraldpop: 'Strong Woman Do Bong Soon' Park Hyung Sik, Said to Park Bo Young "Let's sleep together at my house"

1. [+49, -2] I was really looking forward to this dramaㅠㅠ♡♡The preview is really excitingㅠㅠ I wish next week comes fast ㅠㅠ

2. [+34, -0] Ah ㅋㅋ Park Hyung Sik really makes my heart flutters

3. [+33, -1] Park Hyung Sik makes my heart flutters ㅠㅠㅠㅠ Park Bo Young is so lovely ㅠㅠㅠ

4. [+35, -2] It's so fun!!! Looking forward to next week ㅎㅎㅎ

5. [+30, -2] How can i wait till next week...

6. [+16, -1] Park Hyung Sik and Park Bo Young couple why did you just met? The chemistry is daebak

7. [+16, -1] Today was really fun~ Looking forward to next week ㅎㅎ

8. [+10, -0] This is totally fun

Spoiler

201702260006498034622_20170226000655_01_

Naver - Heraldpop: 'Strong Woman Do Bong Soon', Romantic comedy → Heart beat, 'Romance Thriller'

1. [+98, -4] I think the genre is thriller but it has some comic element ㅋㅋㅋ Looking forward to next week!

2. [+86, -3] Am I the only one who her heart flutters when he said to Park Bo Young "Let's sleep together"?

3. [+72, -0] The Killer's face is so creepy

4. [+61, -3] Kook Do-ahㅋㅋEven from a woman's eyes, Park Bo Young is so cute~~~♥

5. [+44, -1] Oh~~~~^^ My favorite drama after a long time!!! I thought it will be only comedy but it is comedy and thriller!!!

6. [+18, -1] Ther Killer is so scary ㅋㅋ

7. [+14, -1] The story is better than i thought

8. [+10, -0] Park Hyung Sik♡♡♡

Cre: http://netizendrama.blogspot.com/2017/02/spoilers-strong-woman-do-bong-soon-ep02.html

================

Vote up in the 1st article is 1K+ now :wink:So happy to see Knet's good reaction :rolleyes: Yeah, pls sing OST again Sikkie :D

16 minutes ago, furu.vu217 said:

Rating Ep 2 (AGB)

- Nationwide: 5.758 % (+ 1.929%)

- Seoul: 6.041 % (+1.997 %)

Wowwww !!!! Rating increased a lot :D I'm so happy to SWDBS, to Sikkie & Boyoungie hehee :wub:

It's nice to see that they already met their rating goals! They're going to surprass it :D

oh my ghost, reach 5% in 2nd episode already? last PBY drama was 7% on tvn. at this rate she can even beat that

and you know, knowing bros is very popular right now but even that hasnt reach 5% yet

this episode is the highest mini series on jtbc, the first one was a long series

i really dont understand how cable drama work in korea? like there are new people sign up just to watch the drama, or they pay for the drama only?

they need to make new rating promise kkkkk

@furu.vu217 Thanks for sharing Knetizen's comments about the drama! I'm really glad to see positive reactions about the drama! I think it's soo good already and I am excited for the romance to start blossoming :wink:

But yes, knetizen #10, I agree with you! Let us see Park Hyung Sik sing an OST for this drama :D  

7 minutes ago, ferily said:

@furu.vu217 Thanks for sharing Knetizen's comments about the drama! I'm really glad to see positive reactions about the drama! I think it's soo good already and I am excited for the romance to start blossoming :wink:

But yes, knetizen #10, I agree with you! Let us see Park Hyung Sik sing an OST for this drama :D  

I'm so happy for PHS ^^ This is 1st drama that he played lead male and it received good rating & good reactions. Hope it'll be better :wink:

His voice is so sweet, I want to hear his OST :D

1 hour ago, Chi Le said:

oh my ghost, reach 5% in 2nd episode already? last PBY drama was 7% on tvn. at this rate she can even beat that

and you know, knowing bros is very popular right now but even that hasnt reach 5% yet

this episode is the highest mini series on jtbc, the first one was a long series

i really dont understand how cable drama work in korea? like there are new people sign up just to watch the drama, or they pay for the drama only?

South Korea has a very high penetration of cable subscription. Like for every 10 households, 9 of them have cable.

South Koreans don't pay for a cable channel just to watch a drama - they pay a monthly subscription for a cable package. The fees collected by cable companies will then be paid to cable channels. Some cable channels don't air commercials, and solely rely on subscription fees. Some does air commercials, like tvN, but still, they get a share of those fees. Depending on their package, these channels might include tvN, OCN, OnStyle, etc. Meaning, not all channels will be included on a specific  plan, like basic packages. Premium channels like OCN, are mostly included on Premium Packages.

JTBC, although a cable channel, is different. They are a general cable network. So, they have the same status like SBS, MBC and KBS. It's just that they are on cable. Cable companies are strictly required to carry JTBC, on any cable package. They do not get subscription fees from cable subscribers, but the get retransmission fees (Fees that cable networks pay to KBS,SBS and MBC to retransmit their programs) in addition to ad revenues.

Hi. Hello. 

It's been a long time i didnt do anything with my account since i had a really broken heart in scarlet heart and i couldn't do anything since then. 

After i took a long hiatus, i decided to watch this drama. So refreshing and i like Park Bo Young so much. I was expecting Lee Jong Suk could make as her pair but i am so giddy and excited in the same way because you know, i like Park Hyung Sik. I never watched his drama  before because there's something off about him but now, i like him in this drama. 

But poor my heart, I ship Bong Soon with Gook Do. Our Jisoo already stole my heart since beginning. 

For this case, i know Bong Soon would be in a big trouble because she is the only witness who saw the culprit's face and she heard his voice. I hope she's not gonna get hurt because i know she would barely get hurt because of her superpower but somehow i need something chickflick romance in this drama. 

For Min Hyuk, i guess he is a very lonely person. Based on Eun Ji' MV , he is a lonely person. There's something wrong happened in his past that he can frown and say something different. 

For Gook Do, aigoo kiddo, i know Bong Soon would say about her piece of mind since he keeps making her falling deep into him but for me, i am curious what will the writer do to make Gook Do fall in love with Bong Soon. 

And thanks for the ratings. Keep it up because Park Bo Young has her own magic. 

26 minutes ago, ferily said:

That's exactly what I've been thinking after I heard the 'Superpower Girl' song playing during episode 1 when BS was beating the thugs and MH was watching her, completely amazed. I LOVE THAT SONG and the singer has a similar voice like PHS so I suddenly got this idea that I would love to see MH/PHS singing that song to BS in the drama, basically serenading her. Because when I hear that song it gets me so excited and I think that it perfectly expresses the awed wonder and emotions that MH has for BS.

qOzGwuF.jpg

3 hours ago, briseis said:

You know that moment when Jinheung gets finally reincarnated after 1500 years, only to find out that his new female bodyguard is actually the daughter of modern-day Pah Oh.

#this basically means Jinheung is falling in love with Pa Oh's daughter in the end which is such an apt ending because let's face it 

#his new bodyguard is the daughter OF HIS FORMER BODYGUARD!LOL!!                                      

#Jinheung and Pa Oh reunite after 1500 years

My OTP in Hwarang: King Jin Heung with Pa Oh - King with his loyal bodyguard

My OTP in SWDBS: An Min Hyuk with Do Bong Sun - Boss with his lovely bodyguard

And now they are on same frame & Maybe will be a family in the future :wub:

Their only conversation is saying thank you after payment but i'm supper happy to see this reunion lol :blush:

Screenshot_2017_02_26_07_24_43.png

See this part "he was the person who loved him the most in that so called 'Hwarang' drama" & I'm really touched :bawling: My real OTP, my real bromance in Hwarang :heart:

source.gif

YAY .there is increase in ratings 1.929% it is now 5.758% according to an article on naver. I'm so happy..

Episode # Original broadcast date Average audience share
AGB Nielsen

Ratings[12]

TNmS

Ratings[13]

Nationwide Seoul National Capital Area
February 24, 2017
3.829%
4.044%
3.9%
February 25, 2017
5.758%
6.041%
6.1%

(WIkipedia)

giphy.gif

It is increasing and should continue to increase in upcoming episodes.

giphy.gif

SOurce : http://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=011&aid=0002981777

Archived