[Drama 2016/2017] The Legend of The Blue Sea 푸른 바다의 전설

ilwoo_aein

On 18/11/2016 at 10:40 AM, uglypearl said:

Shim Chung was watching 2004 drama "Memories of Bali / Something Happened In Bali" ... The one with So JiSub and Jo InSung .

I think the one with Kang DongWon is 2015 movie "Priests". (The priests driving out or removing an evil spirit)

Thinking about it ... somehow it kinda foreshadows a possibility that will happen.

Speaking about that kiss, It's possible, that JoonJae might lose his memories of her.

Shim Chung and DamRyung (JoonJae's past life) met before when they were young and fell in love (Shim Chung mentioned before about "boy who loved a mermaid". I think it was DamRyung).

DamRyung had forgotten her and only met years later. It's possible, they kissed before when they were young and they kissed again (they were seeing each other).

It's possible that the mermaid's kiss has the power to lose/erase a person's memories.

I'm still in the middle of watching the episode. I'm surprised that my theory about the kiss was right.

Though JJ forgets his memories of SC, His heart will make him remember. His love for her will overpower it.

• Like 8

Hi dear lobsters! :))  I was gonna watch the third episode and set my clock for 6:45 A.M here to wake up. But after the alarm, I fell asleep again and missed watching the live episode. :tears::tears:

I just saw episode 3 and it is different from the two other episode. The first and second episodes were all sOoo romantic,magical and dreamy and our OTP grow on each other. Then we come reality, our OTP is separated and I personally was sitting on the edge of my seat, because I was too excited for our couple to meet each other. Especially, the scene where Shim Chung is in hitting on the glass inside the aquarium and jun jae is walking away. Again, in this episode we see a lot of nice scenes that make viewers have a smile on their face while watching and get swept away by all these beautiful scenes and lines. :))

So the ratings are higher that 2nd episode right?! :))  Awesome!! The REAL-TIME rating at the END of each episode is really AMAZING!!! Park Ji Eun is doing a great job. As you the last scene is very important, because if it is strong enough, viewers are gonna tune in for the upcoming episode. :)))  

Thank you so much for all these amazing posts. By the way, I cannot log in my Soompi App in my phone, does anyone have same problem as me?! I am writing post in my laptop now.

• Like 9

cr: as tagged

Can't wait for episode 4!!!:wub::sweatingbullets: I know I'll be this excited every start and end of each episode.:wub: 

Oohh..our JJH is finally an Agassi in Joseon Dynasty.:wub:

I was feeling Shim Chung in this scene. Teary-eyed due to happiness when they finally found each other in Seoul:wub:.  I was like a kid embracing my pillow and screaming in silence in my bedroom while watching livestream even if there was no sub.haha.. My heart knows I was in for a heart-melting scene. Oh how I love this love story.:wub::wub::wub:

PS: LOTBS songs are just too perfect for every scene.

Cr: as tagged

• Like 11

13 minutes ago, nika94 said:

Thank you so much for all these amazing posts. By the way, I cannot log in my Soompi App in my phone, does anyone have same problem as me?! I am writing post in my laptop now.

Had the same problem. I thought it was a biggie but not at all. The page is just asking you to update your profile. You can certainely retain everything. Once you're done, login using your credentials - input your username and pwd instead of using gmail or fb option. I am now responding using my mobile. Yours should work now after following what I've shared.:)

• Like 3

I don't know about anyone else but I absolutely got a kick out of Miss Mermaid Looking fierce and fabulous in her sunglasses and purse as she says goodbye   to her peeps. I have a feeling as a mermaid she is very similar to  Cheon Song Yi... A stylin diva who takes no mess. 

• Like 8

‘The Legend of the Blue Sea’ maintains top viewership

SBS’ drama “The Legend of the Blue Sea” aired its third episode Wednesday, maintaining its spot as the most watched drama for its time slot. 

According to market research firm Nielsen Korea on Thursday, the drama drew viewership ratings of 15.7 percent. At second place was the KBS2 show “Oh My Geum Bi,” with 6.5 percent, followed by MBC’s “Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok-Joo” with 5.7 percent. 

Compared to its premiere episode, the viewership ratings for “The Legend of the Blue Sea” dropped 0.7 percent, while the ratings for other dramas in the same time slot rose slightly. 

http://kpopherald.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=201611241138091298819_2

• Like 9

"The Legend of the Blue Sea" Jeon Ji-hyeon and Lee Min-ho reunite in Seoul

photo787783.jpg

Jeon Ji-hyeon and Lee Min-ho met in Seoul.

On the third episode of the SBS drama "The Legend of the Blue Sea", Sim-cheon (Jeon Ji-hyeon) headed for Seoul to find Heo Joon-jae (Lee Min-ho).

Previously, they had fallen from a cliff and into the water. Heo Joon-jae saw her as a mermaid and she kissed him to erase his memory. Then, she swam from Jeju Island to Seoul to see him. She wanted to keep their promise of going to see the fireworks together.

Sim-cheong arrived in Seoul all worn-out and ragged. This is where her struggles began. She defeated a bunch of bullies who were ripping money off one of their peers and she misunderstood an idiom, which meant 'we became friends' as actually eating a friend. With the help of a 'stylish beggar' (Hong Jin-kyeong), she managed to get some clothes from a clothes bin. Hong Jin-kyeong made a big impression there with the line, "When I was wealthy I used to travel to Milano and Paris to shop".

Sim-cheong found the 63 Building Aquarium. She turned into a mermaid and dove into the water tanks saying, "I'm starving". She started hunting fish in there. Joon-jae happened to be at the aquarium too. Sim-cheong swam along the tanks to get his attention but he didn't remember her and turned his back on her.

However, he recalled seeing Sim-cheong from a picture Jo Nam-doo (Lee Hee-joon) sent him and started looking for the woman from the tank. Sim-cheong started crying as soon as she saw him.

The two's past life came along. Sim-cheong was Joon-jae's life saver as she got him out of the water. They had grown up together but had to part as Joon-jae had an assigned wife for him. Joon-jae had said, "I don't want to be apart from you" to the mermaid and she said, "When I grow up to be an adult, I'll have legs" but they didn't have a choice. Sim-cheong had erased his memory then as well, by kissing him.

http://www.hancinema.net/spoiler-the-legend-of-the-blue-sea-jeon-ji-hyeon-and-lee-min-ho-reunite-in-seoul-100794.html

• Like 6

52 minutes ago, RobinM said:

I don't know about anyone else but I absolutely got a kick out of Miss Mermaid Looking fierce and fabulous in her sunglasses and purse as she says goodbye   to her peeps. I have a feeling as a mermaid she is very similar to  Cheon Song Yi... A stylin diva who takes no mess. 

AGREEED! I smiled so much during this scene! Overall I like ep.3, it is light hearted and full of beautiful scenes and soundtracks  :love:  Not to mention how gorgeous LMH and JJH are.... Can't wait till ep. 4!

• Like 6

[HanCinema's Drama Review] "The Legend of the Blue Sea" Episode 3

photo787911.jpg

No matter how much the mermaid tries to stay away from her Joon-jae, fate in this tightly woven fabric of fantasy always leads him to her, or she to him. Oftentimes convenient coincidences are the product of lazy writing. In "The Legend of the Blue Sea" it tells the story of two lovers who fate transcends time and circumstance. Not only is it romantic, but it's fun, cool, and full of the opportunity for Jeon Ji-hyeon to time and time again prove herself the genius comedienne that she is.

Episode 3 is comprised of three plot threads during three periods of time in our main characters' lives or the lives of their incarnations. We meet Dam-ryeong, Joon-jae's former incarnation, and Sae-ra, the mermaid's previous incarnation. Even then they had a strong connection, but it stemmed from childhood. Sae-ra's magical mermaid's kiss erases his memories during their youth so he can live his human life without being distracted by her. Even so, they come together again. The same holds true for the present. Her memory-banishing kiss cannot keep them apart and they come together after an episode of fun hijinks, mostly on Jeon Ji-hyeon's part. This woman is so extremely charming in her ability to throw everything away in the moment and just let the humor bubble to the surface. With the mermaid's exploration of modern day Seoul the writers are also able to edge in some social commentary such as a few jabs at the wealthy (who throw away perfectly good coats,) or how people work long hours to gain a better life and quality time with their family (but don't have enough time after working to do so.)

The chemistry between Jeon Ji-hyeon and Lee Min-ho is also quite solid and full of a warm, sweet affection that makes the fated pairing feel real. It makes their characters' perpetual draw towards each other believable and real. Si-ah and Joon-jae, however, are shown for the first time and have very little chemistry, which is to be expected. But because she's listed as an important character, I was hoping to like her more, or at least be more invested. Instead, she seems arrogant without redeeming qualities. Other soon to be important characters crop up like Seong Dong-il's present day escaped murderer character. I'm anxious to get them integrated in the storyline as well as to see more of Joon-jae's present day back story. It's already quite complicated with a chaebol father and a maid mother.

One of my favorite moments in the episode is when Joon-jae using his hypnotic powers to instill sympathy in a rich, cold-hearted woman. Yes, he commits felonies, but he also genuinely cares about the have-nots. I have a feeling they are a reflection of his rough past.

Let's feel thankful we have one more episode this week. Until tomorrow!

http://www.hancinema.net/hancinema-s-drama-review-the-legend-of-the-blue-sea-episode-3-100815.html

• Like 9