[Drama 2016/2017] The Legend of The Blue Sea 푸른 바다의 전설

ilwoo_aein

‘The Legend Of The Blue Sea’ Premiere Episode Breaks Records In Malaysia And Singapore

ONE_Legend-of-the-Blue-Sea-32-1.jpg?resi

Powerhouse channels ONE HD and AXN packed a punch in Singapore and Malaysia last Thursday with ‘The Legend of the Blue Sea’ and ‘The Amazing Race Asia Season 5′. 

‘The Legend of the Blue Sea’, starring Lee Min Ho and Jun Ji Hyun, premiered in Singapore and Malaysia on ONE HD on November 17 at 8.10PM.

In Singapore, the premiere wins the time slot across all pay-TV channels, achieving a 52% higher rating than the premiere of ONE HD’s blockbuster, top rated drama series ‘Scarlet Heart’.

During its telecast, ONE HD was the top rated pay-TV channel with a 47% higher rating than the next channel. It also scooped a 81% share among the four Korean general entertainment channels.

‘The Legend of the Blue Sea’ outperformed all other channels in Malaysia, achieving an amazing 92% share among the four competing Korean channels. The series is ONE HD’s highest rating premiere episode in 2016 – that is 84% higher than the premiere of Scarlet Heart.

sonys-one-hd-and-axn-dominate-thursday-night-in-malaysia-and-singapore

Virginia Lim, Senior Vice President and Head of Content, Production and Marketing, Sony Pictures Television Networks Asia, said:

Sony Pictures Television Networks’ channels offer viewers the very best in premium Asian and English content. ‘The Legend of the Blue Sea’ and ‘The Amazing Race Asia Season 5’ are vastly different viewing experiences so we are thrilled to cater to the diverse preferences of our audiences in Singapore and Malaysia. We remain plugged into the demands of the market and will keep delivering drama, variety and reality series that viewers live, breathe and crave.

‘The Legend of the Blue Sea’ airs every Thursday and Friday at 8.10PM, within 24 hours of its Korean telecast. It is available first and exclusively on ONE HD (Astro Ch393).

This drama news is brought to readers by ONE TV Asia.

Source: GfK Singapore SG-TAM, target: Pay TV 4+, combined rating of ONE Mandarin and One Malay / Kantar Malaysia Astro DTAM, target: Astro individual 4+, combined rating of AXN SD and AXN HD (Data as of 22 November 2016)

source: http://www.hellokpop.com/tv-movies/legend-blue-sea-premiere-episode/

• Like 12

37 minutes ago, heroonthebeach said:

@teakitsune there's an interview with the production crew posted on soompi which states that both mermaids are supposed to be different...  http://www.soompi.com/2016/11/21/legend-blue-sea-answers-three-questions-jun-ji-hyuns-mermaid-character/

Thank you very much. its so sad, because i thought there was an unique story in Joseon about something great and sad , and mermaid erase her memory to forget Dam Ryung and thats why she does not remember him...

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, heroonthebeach said:

@roneddski I am thinking that the mermaid can selectively choose whether to remove memories of not, based on what we learn in Episode 1. It would make it very difficult to develop a romance if memories were removed every time they kiss. LOL. Based on that though, I was also wondering why she would then choose to remove all memories of her.. could she not have just removed the memories of him seeing her as a mermaid? I assume that was the main reason why she had to remove his memories - but why can't he know that she's a mermaid? 

@heroonthebeach If it is selective, then like you said, SC can just erase the portion where JJ saw her as a mermaid. It's not really necessary to erase the entire memory of her. If JJ woke up later and wondered why only that part of his memory gone missing while the rest remained intact, he could have put it down as a partial memory loss due to the impact of near death experience(almost drowning). Even if SC choose not remove any portion, and somehow JJ remembered seeing her mermaid image afterwards, she could have convinced him that it was purely his imagination or hallucination due to his phobia of the waters(if she still felt uncertain of letting him know). Actually I don't think there will be any harm in JJ knowing? From their interactions, SC already knew she can trust him. She herself even said JJ is a good person who never let go of her hands on numerous occasions.

• Like 9

Lee Min Ho, Jun Ji-hyun Back with New Drama

Jun Ji-hyun (left) and Lee Min Ho in ‘The Legend of the Blue Sea.’ (Photo courtesy of SBS’ Facebook page) /mb.com.ph

Korean superstars Lee Min Ho and Jun Ji-hyun are back in the limelight with a new drama.

The two are starring in the SBS drama “The Legend of the Blue Sea,” which started airing on Nov. 16.

According to Nielsen Korea, the drama got 16.4 percent rating grade for its pilot episode landing it at fourth place overall. It also placed fourth on TNmS Korea with 15.4 percent.

The drama tells the story of a magistrate, played by Lee Min Ho, who releases a mermaid, played by Jun.

This is Lee Min Ho’s first drama in three years since starring in “The Heirs” in 2013.

Jun Ji-hyun has also made a comeback after giving birth to her first baby last February. Her last drama was “My Love From the Star” in 2013 and her last project was the film “Assassination” last year.

On a V Live broadcast, Lee Min Ho said working on the new drama was hard.

“I worried about my new drama a lot. And as I’m trying my best, I feel like to die,” he said. “I have to prepare a lot of things so I feel stressed out.”

He said that he decided to make a comeback through the drama because of writer Park Eun Ji, producer Jin Hyuk and co-star Jun Ji-hyun.

“I thought it’s a rare chance to work with them,” he said.

Lee Min Ho describes his character Heo Joon-jae as “full of charm.”

“I think Heo Joon-jae is a combination of all characters I have played. I think I could show my various aspects through him,” he said.

He said his chemistry with Jun Ji-hyun started when they began filming overseas.

“So now I feel comfortable around her and I feel like to smile whenever I see her,” he added.

He told fans that “as much as you’ve waited for a long time, I wish it’s a piece of work that can make up for the time.”

“For ‘The Legend of the Blue Sea,’ please look forward to it and give a lot of interest and love,” he said.

http://entertainment.mb.com.ph/2016/11/23/lee-min-ho-jun-ji-hyun-back-with-new-drama/

• Like 10

U guys can check out this link to learn about netizent comments on ep 3

http://kkuljaem.blogspot.com/2016/11/spoilers-legend-of-blue-sea-oh-my-geum_23.html

I translated more comments from another article to show how our mermaid was praised by korean. Hope u guys enjoy my post :wub::wub:

[Naver - Mydaily] "Legend of The Blue Sea" no matter how struggling her look is,JUN JI HYUN makes u speechless with her jaw-dropping beauty

1. [+986, -63]  she is so breathtakingly beautiful..so is her acting

2. [+826, -61]  JJH is way so gorgeous..im always amazed whenever watching her dramas n movies

3. [+723, -47 it must be hard for all the actor,actress n the crew working underwater like that....so many scenes underwater today

4. [+656, -66  idk if she's really aging or not. its been 3 years since MY love from the star..shes still flawless

5. [517, -57]  well done ep 3...keep moving forward

6. [+88, -14]  as a girl im feel so sorry that shes getting older day by day. I wanna see her in this perfect way for long

7. [+98, -20]  this drama 's actually worthseeing cuz she's so perfect in appearance n acting as well

8. [+46, -4] JJH is still JJH no matter what. She's shinning even when in a mess or sweating

9. [+55, -10]   i agree that her acting hasnt changed but.........the point is that u can find nowhere for someone to fit well the roles like her,,,,even in the 90s or by now....so tall,thin ,stylish n appealing

• Like 5

Arrrggg soopmpi..... you make me run crazy...

QUOTE FROM @heroonthebeach

i all, seems like most of the fans of this show thus far are girls? Am I the lone guy here following the series? :)

I am currently following the series with my wife and I have blogged about it on my kdrama blog. The entry is here: https://kdramaanalysis.wordpress.com/2016/11/24/legend-of-the-blue-sea-episode-3/

It was quite disappointing that our two protagonists were kept apart for most of the episode because their interactions was what drew me to the show in the first two episodes. Did anybody feel the same way? Copying here what I wrote in my blog about this

__________________________________________________________________________________________

GAG !!!!! Holey moley ...... you're a guy !!!??  You're the 2nd guy who caught me by surprise when he revealed it was " improper " to be fantasizsng about a male idol the way obsessive fangirls  do.... heh !!!  I thought you had a distinctively " unfeminine " POV when I commented and agree with your post in RDTK...... because it seems few like TK'S style. Oh..... just curious, do you and your wife mostly agree or disagree... Kdrama is known to be controversial.  ??? Also..... are you impervious to Lee Min Ho? Just asking ... !! LOL !!

Excellent article on your blog  regarding the three questions, See below and link.

The Legend Of The Blue Sea” Answers Three Questions About Jun Ji Hyun’s Mermaid Character

jun ji hyun

May I ask question 4. How do you explain her extraordinary strength ? One lightweight punch and it sent the baddie flying and landing on balconies and hedges. How is possible to quickly transform her tail for legs on land and vice versa? Won't the tail come off like lizards' tails do ? Oh.... that's question 5. Not stopping...... question 6.... are these myths about mermaids universal legends or confined to the writer's imagination?

Thank you.

Thank you also to the adoring fans for all the pictures and gifs you post.... high quality too. Hope to live stream here if my links does a dodo bird on me. Ta. :P

show in the first two episodes. Did anybody feel the same way? Copying here what I wrote in my blog about th

• Like 7

i do love how simchung keep her promise to junjae, when junjae asked her to come seoul with him together.. (its kinda proposal to simchung to living with him. Because junjae little bit insist her to come, like he said you need to keep your promise !). 

She aware She dont have anyone in seoul, its hard for her to live in another country,since her mermaid friend living on spain..

When she said "im sorry heo joon jae. You probably wont remember me. Still, i will keep my promise. I'll go to you, even through the windy rainstorm, though the sun may be burning down on me, though im lonely and without anyone by my side and even if its somewhere i've never been before, i will endure it all and be sure to go to you."

Now i understand when the last scene she was crying after met junjae again (based what junjae said it was three month since his friends living in his own home)

it was really hard for simchung to meet him, from swimming in the large of the sea (there is alot things might happen on the sea), living alone because she doesnt have any money, and the most hard time is she missing him alot,ALONE!

MY CUTIEE MERMAID,LOVE HER SO MUCH :blush: 

IMG_6781.jpgIMG_6782.jpgIMG_6787.jpg

SOURCE: PD NOTE SBS ON NAVER 2016.11.24

• Like 11

Just dropping by for a short visit. I'll watch the episode tomorrow.

Anyways, Another thing that comes to my mind ... is it also possible that JJ's hypnosis powers comes from SC as well?

Maybe it's possible that it's from after effect of SC/SW kissing JJ/DR more than once.

• Like 3

i lost the start JJ DAD and his fake familly he eats and remembers his real familly ,his wife and son ...loos so sad...his evil wife is spying on him!Put a microphone and heard dad giving an order...he is looking on his son it seems,now evil woman called that man that is wanted and ordered him to look for our hero

• Like 6

back to otp...he asked her if she knows him the men arrived he saves her by pretending he is from police...using a fake id...wow ...he asked her her name...she has no name it seems .He can't belive it

real cops arrived they pretending to be a couple and run away from aquarium  ...he insists he can't remember her ...more otp moments

• Like 6