[Drama 2016/2017] The Legend of The Blue Sea 푸른 바다의 전설

ilwoo_aein

50 minutes ago, babyval22 said:

I'm still trying to recover from my flu and the tiredness of CNY visiting. Gosh. 

And still cannot get over the show yet. Hahahs. 

I've been researching on stuffs from the beginning of the announcement of this drama and thought it was interesting how JJH and LMH initially mentioned it took them a while to become close. Hahas. I mean the chemistry between them speaks for themselves. LOL. And I think at the part where they had their press conference to the sbs drama awards.. They prolly got alot more closer cos if I'm not wrong, LMH addressed JJH as JH sunbae to noona at the drama awards. Hahas.

BTW, does anyone know where I can view all the bts that they have released from the beginning till now? 

I hope you get well soon! Take care of yourself. 

Yes, indeed, LMH and JJH spoke that it took awhile for them to get comfortable. It's cute though, because he also expressed that they got close because their scenes required them to get close and that after they broke the ice, they were close to the point where they would always laugh whenever they were around each other. They'd simply be acting together and just start laughing because they remembered certain moments they shared that were hilarious. Watching the behind the scenes, I can see what he means because they almost struggle to keep a straight face. I notice JJH also slightly hits LMH sometimes when she laughs. I love their noona-dongseang relationship. And yup, LMH addresses JJH as noona now. 

I was wondering the same too. It's unforunate I didn't save all the BTS clips. I used to always watch it on Ice Mino Beyond's youtube channel but she created a new account and deleted all of them. Now I have no idea where to look for them. I would love to buy the DVD just to see all the extras, BTS, and NGs. Heavily debating on getting it. 

Alright, back to studying for me. 

• Like 4

@minekas   yess, I have seen MinHo clowning a lot while filming the drama "Faith". (is faith the longest drama thread on soompi:) )His friendly humorous and outgoing personality also must have contributed a lot, to building great chemistry with JJH. I'm a new fan of her ,so Im planning to watch her drama MLFAS when I get over LOTBS addiction:) 

I don't know if Faith is the longest running but it has the most posts ever, over 4500 pages. I don't think there is any longer than that.

There were comments on LMH's other dramas.  My opinion is for kissing scenes, romantic and dirty love, Personal Taste is very good too. For action scenes. City Hunter is the best. LMH is just awesome in his fight scenes. This is modern day of course not saguek or sword fighting. I don't think I have seen better action scenes elsewhere in kdramas. It was very filmed and edited, the fight scenes I mean and it is the same director as LOTBS.

One comment about HJJ, he is very gentle with his love for SC. The way he kisses and hugs her has been completely gentle and tender. No rough stuff.

I have a favor to ask lobsters. When I got the the last making film BTS, the youtube version by monika sentiano, it was removed so I have not seen the BTS yet where both JJH and LMH were laughing and LMH sticking out his tongue. I don't see that Ice has released that yet. Can anyone post me the BTS from anywhere else or from Youtube that has not yet been erased. :confused: Thank you.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, CallieP said:

One comment about HJJ, he is very gentle with his love for SC. The way he kisses and hugs her has been completely gentle and tender. No rough stuff.

Yeah, I know right. I also read it somewhere else that mentioned about drama is good and all but somehow it's not as passionate as they expected it to be considering how much JJ loves her. But IMO, I think that's exactly why we love JJ. Hahahs. He really treats Chungie with respect, and I guess Chungie being a mermaid has sth to do with his treatment of her. When he didn't know her true nature initially, they were all rough and firm with her but the moment he fell in love with her, and know their history and how much SH and Chung did for him, he went gentleman and treated her like how lady is supposed to be treated. Well,  apart from those instances when he becomes the overprotective and possessive boyfriend that is. Hahahahs! 

7 hours ago, mythicalove said:

I hope you get well soon! Take care of yourself. 

Yes, indeed, LMH and JJH spoke that it took awhile for them to get comfortable. It's cute though, because he also expressed that they got close because their scenes required them to get close and that after they broke the ice, they were close to the point where they would always laugh whenever they were around each other. They'd simply be acting together and just start laughing because they remembered certain moments they shared that were hilarious. Watching the behind the scenes, I can see what he means because they almost struggle to keep a straight face. I notice JJH also slightly hits LMH sometimes when she laughs. I love their noona-dongseang relationship. And yup, LMH addresses JJH as noona now. 

I was wondering the same too. It's unforunate I didn't save all the BTS clips. I used to always watch it on Ice Mino Beyond's youtube channel but she created a new account and deleted all of them. Now I have no idea where to look for them. I would love to buy the DVD just to see all the extras, BTS, and NGs. Heavily debating on getting it. 

Alright, back to studying for me. 

Thank you my dear! Honestly, I have to marathon the BTS clips again. During the run of the show, I was so focused on just the drama I din think about anything else. Couldn't afford the time also. Hahahahs. I thought it was cute and interesting how LMH called JJH noona after his JH sunbae at the press conference. I'm at the stage of being curious how they are like off screen when they film the drama. Sighs. This is just me, being obsessive over a drama that I love like crazy. Hahahs. 

Oh, and I realised another thing! Just realised that after BOF, LOTBS is actually the next highest rated drama in terms of average national ratings for LMH according to Wikipedia. I must have gone crazy. Such a detail could make it so happy and pleased. :rolleyes:

If only China didn't have the Hallyu ban going on while LOTBS is airing.. Ahh.. One can only dream now. Hahahs. 

• Like 8

29 minutes ago, babyval22 said:

Oh, and I realised another thing! Just realised that after BOF, LOTBS is actually the next highest rated drama in terms of average national ratings for LMH according to Wikipedia. I must have gone crazy. Such a detail could make it so happy and pleased. :rolleyes:

Thanks for pointing that out ! I thought HEIRS would be higher as it hit the 20's ratings more than LOTBS.  But it's true that LOTBS has been consistently high during it's run. This really makes me happy -- I love LOTBS much more than HEIRS. Honestly, Heirs is my least favorite drama of LMH.

From http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Legend_of_the_Blue_Sea/Episode_Ratings

LOTBS

2016-11-16 01 15.4 (4th) 18.9 (3rd) 16.4 (4th) 18.0 (2nd) 20.7
2016-11-17 02 16.2 (4th) 20.1 (3rd) 15.1 (4th) 16.4 (4th) 18.8
2016-11-23 03 16.6 (4th) 19.6 (2nd) 15.7 (4th) 17.2 (4th) 20.0
2016-11-24 04 17.9 (4th) 21.3 (3rd) 17.1 (4th) 18.4 (3rd) 21.1
2016-11-30 05 16.4 (4th) 18.4 (2nd) 16.8 (3rd) 18.5 (1st) 21.9
2016-12-01 06 18.1 (2nd) 20.2 (1st) 18.9 (2nd) 22.1 (1st) 25.2
2016-12-07 07 15.8 (4th) 18.1 (2nd) 17.4 (2nd) 19.2 (1st) 21.2
2016-12-08 08 17.4 (3rd) 19.7 (1st) 17.4 (2nd) 19.1 (2nd) 21.3
2016-12-14 09 14.8 (5th) 16.4 (2nd) 16.6 (2nd) 18.8 (2nd) 20.2
2016-12-15 10 16.8 (4th) 19.2 (2nd) 17.5 (2nd) 19.3 (2nd) 21.3
2016-12-21 11 17.7 (3rd) 20.1 (2nd) 16.7 (3rd) 18.1 (2nd) 21.9
2016-12-22 12 16.3 (4th) 18.0 (2nd) 17.3 (3rd) 18.7 (2nd) 20.9
2016-12-28 13 15.8 (4th) 18.4 (2nd) 16.0 (4th) 17.2 (3rd) 20.3
2017-01-04 14 15.1 (4th) 18.1 (3rd) 17.8 (3rd) 18.7 (2nd) 20.8
2017-01-05 15 15.9 (3rd) 19.4 (2nd) 18.3 (3rd) 20.1 (2nd) 22.1
2017-01-11 16 15.1 (4th) 19.0 (2nd) 18.9 (3rd) 20.7 (2nd) 22.3
2017-01-12 17 18.9 (3rd) 22.2 (2nd) 20.8 (2nd) 23.0 (2nd) 25.1
2017-01-18 18 16.5 (3rd) 18.4 (2nd) 18.3 (3rd) 19.9 (2nd) 21.3
2017-01-19 19 18.7 (3rd) 20.4 (2nd) 21.0 (2nd) 22.2 (2nd) 23.9
2017-01-25 20 16.2 (4th) 18.4 (2nd) 17.9 (3rd) 18.8 (2nd) 20.5
Average 16.5% 19.2% 17.6% 19.2% -

HEIRS

Average 15.9% 19.7% 16.7% 18.4%
  • Like 11

Had HappyVirus been able to capture our JJH image as well, this would been the best couple photo I have seen so far , from the wrap up party:)

16265943_1240721196021041_1603408656274516387324_1240721192687708_8478683433281816265538_1240721172687710_85359401905334

Spoiler

16427623_1240721139354380_6583371904553016265557_1240721166021044_62262734317067

cr Happy Virus- Thank you for the lovely pix:)

Edited by minekas
  • Like 9

3 hours ago, babyval22 said:

Yeah, I know right. I also read it somewhere else that mentioned about drama is good and all but somehow it's not as passionate as they expected it to be considering how much JJ loves her. But IMO, I think that's exactly why we love JJ. Hahahs. He really treats Chungie with respect, and I guess Chungie being a mermaid has sth to do with his treatment of her. When he didn't know her true nature initially, they were all rough and firm with her but the moment he fell in love with her, and know their history and how much SH and Chung did for him, he went gentleman and treated her like how lady is supposed to be treated. Well,  apart from those instances when he becomes the overprotective and possessive boyfriend that is. Hahahahs! 

Thank you my dear! Honestly, I have to marathon the BTS clips again. During the run of the show, I was so focused on just the drama I din think about anything else. Couldn't afford the time also. Hahahahs. I thought it was cute and interesting how LMH called JJH noona after his JH sunbae at the press conference. I'm at the stage of being curious how they are like off screen when they film the drama. Sighs. This is just me, being obsessive over a drama that I love like crazy. Hahahs. 

If only China didn't have the Hallyu ban going on while LOTBS is airing.. Ahh.. One can only dream now. Hahahs. 

I love love love how he's so gentle with her. He makes my heart flutter like crazy because he's so sweet and considerate to her! I wouldn't change their relationship for anything. 

I, too, need to run a marathon of the BTS. I'm missing them like crazy! 

Hehehe, like you and @Kris Silva pointed out, LOTBS did have an overall higher average than Heirs. And that makes me, being the fan that I am, so happy on the inside. I must have gone crazy with you @babyval22, because yup, such a small detail like that makes me extremely happy. Lol. 

If China did not have the Hallyu Ban, oh, LOTBS would have reached the sky. Heck, even with the ban, they swept China like crazy. In terms of budget though, they lost out on a large portion because China could not invest. Perhaps we can only wonder about the extraordinary cinematography it would have brought us. 

@Kris Silva thanks for providing the link to Monika's daily motion. I'm going to save it and marathon all the bts after my midterms this week. 

You're not alone, heirs is my least favorite drama from LMH (I hope he's not reading this, lol.) I actually remembered enjoying it, as I was just like any other korean drama fan, in the moment of the heirs wave. It was that one drama that hate it or love it, you're watching it. For the most part, I found it was at least entertaining. So I watched it lightly and was entertained and then soon after, I forgot about it. And then, now that I'm writing this, I remember, LOTBS may have beat Heirs in terms of average ratings but in the end, we forgot that Heirs that a tough competition during its time slot. It aired next to Secrets, and secrets had a head start so it gathered a lot of the audience. They were head to head with each other and neither of them were able to pass the 20% mark with both playing on the same time slot. When Secrets left, heirs took a jump broke the 20% mark without a problem. So we can only wonder what heights it would have reached without secrefs on the same timeslot. At the end of the day though, it still makes me happy to know LOTBS had a higher average rating than heirs lol. Why would a drama like heirs receive better ratings than LOTBS, which I think most of us can agree is a better drama? Well, I believe that's in the hands of writer Kim. She produces hits and hits only. All her drama ratings, excluding tvn, hit at least 25%. I'm not entirely sure but I also believe Heirs had a higher budget than LOTBS, correct me if I am wrong. There were also tons and tons of promotions of heirs before the airing, which I did not find particularly true with LOTBS. I'm not even sure why I'm comparing these two dramas anyway, since they're both LMH's drama and at the end of it all, whether I liked Heirs enough or not,  I'm happy both of them were successful dramas. Lol. 

-------------

It sounds ridiculous but while studying, I started crying because I played Lee Sun Hee's OST and all the feels just came crashing down. For some reason, while I know that HJJ and SC are happy together, it still breaks my heart that KDR and SH suffered such a tragic ending. I thought that if a few days go by, I might get over this drama. It seems like SepAnx will be with me a little longer. 

• Like 10

I loved this drama and the OTP, so I am starting to re-watch it. Could someone tell me on episode 1, when SC is swimming in that gorgeous outside natural pool connected to the sea, what is the name of that place or hotel? Thank you for your answer!

• Like 5

2 hours ago, minekas said:

Had HappyVirus been able to capture our JJH image as well, this would been the best couple photo I have seen so far , from the wrap up party:)

cr Happy Virus- Thank you for the lovely pix:)

Hahahs. I realised that JJH is so low key that there are no pictures of her with the staff at the party apart from the media ones. This one is truly the best one. You can tell from her eyes that she's smiling during that situation. Heh. 

5 hours ago, Kris Silva said:

@babyval22 @mythicalove @CallieP

Try Monika's Daily Motion page; I think she uploaded all BTS videos in her page.

http://www.dailymotion.com/leeminhoworld

Thank you for sharing the link! Heheh. If only there's Eng subtitle, that would truly be awesome! Hahahs. As it is, I can enjoy the situation then. I shld make it my point to go learn Korean now. Hahahs. 

2 hours ago, mythicalove said:

If China did not have the Hallyu Ban, oh, LOTBS would have reached the sky. Heck, even with the ban, they swept China like crazy. In terms of budget though, they lost out on a large portion because China could not invest. Perhaps we can only wonder about the extraordinary cinematography it would have brought us. 

@Kris Silva thanks for providing the link to Monika's daily motion. I'm going to save it and marathon all the bts after my midterms this week. 

You're not alone, heirs is my least favorite drama from LMH (I hope he's not reading this, lol.) I actually remembered enjoying it, as I was just like any other korean drama fan, in the moment of the heirs wave. It was that one drama that hate it or love it, you're watching it. For the most part, I found it was at least entertaining. So I watched it lightly and was entertained and then soon after, I forgot about it. And then, now that I'm writing this, I remember, LOTBS may have beat Heirs in terms of average ratings but in the end, we forgot that Heirs that a tough competition during its time slot. It aired next to Secrets, and secrets had a head start so it gathered a lot of the audience. They were head to head with each other and neither of them were able to pass the 20% mark with both playing on the same time slot. When Secrets left, heirs took a jump broke the 20% mark without a problem. So we can only wonder what heights it would have reached without secrefs on the same timeslot. At the end of the day though, it still makes me happy to know LOTBS had a higher average ratings than heirs lol. Why would a drama like heirs receive better ratings than LOTBS, which I think most of us can agree is a better drama? Well, I believe that's in the hands of writer Kim. She produces hits and hits only. All her drama ratings, excluding tvn, hit at least 25%. I'm not entirely sure but I also believe Heirs had a higher budget than LOTBS, correct me if I am wrong. There were also tons and tons of promotions of heirs before the airing, which I did not find particularly true with LOTBS. I'm not even sure why I'm comparing these two dramas anyway, since they're both LMH's drama and at the end of it all, wheyher I liked Heirs enough or not,  I'm happy both of them were successful dramas. Lol. 

-------------

It sounds ridiculous but while studying, I started crying because I played Lee Sun Hee's OST and all the feels just came crashing down. For some reason, while I know that HJJ and SC are happy together, it still breaks my heart that KDR and SH suffered such a tragic ending. I thought that if a few days go by, I might get over this drama. It seems like SepAnx will be with me a little longer. 

Ahhh. I din realise the part China played in terms of budgeting. Was it a common occurrence for China to invest in a Korean drama? I only thought they lost out in terms of selling the episode to China. Sighs. Oh wells. Whether high budget or not, i'm still glad LOTBS stayed true to its heart content. Hehe. Although I'm still secretly wondering on the what ifs. Hahahs. 

Hahahs. After u mentioned about writer Kim, I went to research about her and realised that she's the writer for DOTS and Goblin too. No wonder. Well, I watched heirs and thought it was alright. I was entertained by it, but it never did reach the level of obsession that I have for LOTBS. No matter what the circumstances were, hehe, as a fan of LOTBS, i'm still secretly so happy to know that it's the 2nd place. Actually, do be honest, I would still be happy if it's 3rd place but no more than that. Hahahs. So silly of us to feel this way when it's still a LMH drama after all. Hahahs. 

It's not ridiculous! I had a moment earlier, when I was watching the very initial episode 1, and JJ came back for Chungie, with that iconic umbrella scene, I started crying and muttering "I really really really love LOTBS." Watching that scene in episode 1 and remembering the last episode brings me back in full circle and how they are just meant to be. The sepanx will be with me for a lot longer. I'm prolly just gonna be obsessive and buy anything that SBS throws at me. *saving my money up to waste it on LOTBS* 

I watched the bts starting from the latest releases ones and I know what you mean by then having so many uncontrollable moments. Their noona dongseang friendship is quite cute!

1 hour ago, stroppyse said:

Hiya. I don't mind translating, however, subs for the special episodes are out now, as I understand it. I'm going to DM you a site that carries it that might play in your region. Try it and let me know. If it doesn't work, would you mind giving me the timings of the conversations that you want translated, and I'll translate them for you. 

Can you DM me too? I want to watch the directors cut in English subs too! Thank you so much! 

Another thing I wanna point out is you know during their dirty love scene, before the tongue action, there was a part where Chungie hugged JJ and pulled him down towards her right? Hahahs. Some of the Chinese fans were saying that scene looks like an NG scene where the both of them started laughing again. It's just that the scene was edited so quickly u can't really see it. I tried my hardest to see it and somehow, I think I know what they mean. The moment JJH hugged LMH and pulled him down towards her, I think LMH started laughing in her embrace. Hahahahs. But I'm not too sure cos LMH head was covered completely in JJH's arms. LOL. 

• Like 7

2 hours ago, babyval22 said:

Hahahs. I realised that JJH is so low key that there are no pictures of her with the staff at the party apart from the media ones. This one is truly the best one. You can tell from her eyes that she's smiling during that situation. Heh. 

Ahhh. I din realise the part China played in terms of budgeting. Was it a common occurrence for China to invest in a Korean drama? I only thought they lost out in terms of selling the episode to China. Sighs. Oh wells. Whether high budget or not, i'm still glad LOTBS stayed true to its heart content. Hehe. Although I'm still secretly wondering on the what ifs. Hahahs. 

It's not ridiculous! I had a moment earlier, when I was watching the very initial episode 1, and JJ came back for Chungie, with that iconic umbrella scene, I started crying and muttering "I really really really love LOTBS." Watching that scene in episode 1 and remembering the last episode brings me back in full circle and how they are just meant to be. The sepanx will be with me for a lot longer. I'm prolly just gonna be obsessive and buy anything that SBS throws at me. *saving my money up to waste it on LOTBS* 

I watched the bts starting from the latest releases ones and I know what you mean by then having so many uncontrollable moments. Their noona dongseang friendship is quite cute!

Another thing I wanna point out is you know during their dirty love scene, before the tongue action, there was a part where Chungie hugged JJ and pulled him down towards her right? Hahahs. Some of the Chinese fans were saying that scene looks like an NG scene where the both of them started laughing again. It's just that the scene was edited so quickly u can't really see it. I tried my hardest to see it and somehow, I think I know what they mean. The moment JJH hugged LMH and pulled him down towards her, I think LMH started laughing in her embrace. Hahahahs. But I'm not too sure cos LMH head was covered completely in JJH's arms. LOL. 

I love how she looks so happy during the wrap up party! There's more than enough reasons to be happy, as she just finished a successful drama and she can finally rest. I'm glad filming is finally over and she could return home to her family and take a much deserved rest. 

I believe Chinese investment increases the budget. Don't quote me though, because I am not 100% certain hahaha. It is unforunate because with LMH and JJH together, they would have taken China by storm. LOTBS would have profit a lot. I do find it funny, however, that LOTBS remained widely popular in China. It's as though the ban wasn't even there. 

I feeeeeeeellllll you! I love it and want to throw all my money at LOTBS Hahahaha. 

Lol, I understand what you mean by the NG at the end. Perhaps it was an NG. He seemed to have laughed a little before she pulled him in. I still question whether it was an NG or part of them being all lovey dovey and sweet though. Either way, it's cute! Hahahaha. 

@hell59 I tried looking up the location that you mentioned but I couldn't find it. Even bloggers who published the filming locations have not figured out where it is. You can check on this site later, perhaps the blogger will update once she finds it.

http://www.flyhoneystars.com/2016/11/25/filming-location-legend-of-the-blue-sea/

• Like 6

On 1/29/2017 at 4:11 PM, CallieP said:

5.  Fav HJJ Impersonation - the Nerd - he looked so bumbling, idiotic and such a doofus but his face changed when he went out the door. It shows he can perform any role. It was very short but it impressed me a lot.

Did you mean this look:

http://m.photoviewer.naver.com/image?source=http://mimgnews1.naver.net/image/420/2017/01/27/130843037_011.gif

122536663_47.jpg

If it is, that is my pick, too. When I first saw it, I couldn't recognize that was him. He just changed the way he smile, and some gestures and he transformed into a totally different person. 

But perhaps, nothing beats William Choi because it was so funny.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, tshering12 said:

Sighs. The inevitable has come. I was hoping it might be sometime later so he and JJH might still have a chance to go for the baeksang awards during that same time if possible and if they were nominated. Hahahs. Looks like its not meant to be. :(

1 hour ago, gtLmh0622 said:

LOTBS will release Blue-ray DVD :

http://cafe.daum.net/blueseadvd/dRgg/5

cr as tagged

Thank you for sharing! Does it come with any extra features or it's just the show? What does it say actually? Hahahs. 

• Like 9

On 1/27/2017 at 10:20 PM, TrucB said:

If I have to choose one, that will be him, but I was impressed with the dumb sales man, reason: I've never seen him this dumb, though still handsome

Yes, instead of William Choi, I picked this, it is short and quick but he acted dumb really well.I was really impressed. He should do a role as a retarded person or at least pretend to be retarded. I think he would do really well. :)

• Like 5