[Drama 2016/2017] The Legend of The Blue Sea 푸른 바다의 전설

ilwoo_aein

On ‎11‎/‎17‎/‎2016 at 4:16 PM, joongkyo said:

Things I liked

• more progress between the lead pair with finally some conversation, I know it's only been one episode where the female lead hadn't spoken but it would have been a stretch if they ended this episode without her uttering any words. Also confirms that mermaids aren't just super strong but also super smart since she learns languages, other skill sets purely by observation. So we're further educated about the "powers" of a mermaid.
  • introduction to new characters who will be tied up to his past and present. Like the story about his mother, there is obviously something big that will be unraveled in later episodes.

Things that I could do without. 

• the chase was so long! I realise that they wanted to end with the two of them falling off the cliff and they needed the chase to be there for that reason but there was just too much chasing and the bad guys apparently are really good at locating them but just not that good at the actual catching.

We get to move to Seoul in the next episode, so that's something to look forward too!. Goodbye to the gorgeous foreign shooting locations, they will be missed. 

I totally have the same thoughts as you, can't wait for the drama to be back to SK

On ‎11‎/‎19‎/‎2016 at 7:04 PM, i.am.bugz.funny said:

is this posted already?... It's so sad to see some haters doing this... why oh why? hope LOTBS will have a very good story and slam these haters on the face... 

'The Legend Of The Blue Sea' Criticized For Plagiarizing Scenes From 'Sherlock'; Writer In Hot Water

First Posted: Nov 18, 2016 12:50 AM EST

When I saw it at first I thought "OMO Sherlock" but dismissed it after, never thought of plagiarizing, I see a lot of shows copying others or have little similarities, hope this won't affect the show

• Like 9

WHY whyyyyyy are so many crucial scenes edited out? chopstick scene skinship has her all gooey coy and he is already affected by her! WOW I'm so looking forward to how these ttwo eventually come to be in love.

I'm waiting dying for someone to translate those cut scenes. ChungJae are so hilariously adorable!:blush:

• Like 14

I love how Jun jae treat her as lady, even she look weird person to him. At church he even let her sleep on bed and he sleep on the floor. junjae indeed good husband material :wub:

I love how Junjae never says NO for everything she asked like when he said "dont says i love you and im hungry to someone you love" but she said it all to him, in the end he made ramyun for her without any complaint. It was feel like he is okay if she love him.. 

i love how writer create junjae character without being jerk, like other male lead in kdramaland.. he was never even once ignore simchung, no matter how bad his situation. We saw it when he let himself alone being captured by gangster, he also insist to let simchung go first at the cliff before they jump :) 

he also dont let his friend take simchung from him :D jealous detected ! 

i guess junjae character so loveable, and it was the thing that made him looks so charming and shining in this drama :D meanwhile simchung has cuteness side but still manage to look pretty, lovely, charming. 

On long preview, seems like simchung searching for junjae. (It seems she already erased his memories about something) but she still want to meet him in seoul. Also there is someone who hold simchung hand.. i hope it was junjae :D

im so excited for tomorrow :D because all scenes on teaser already out ! I hope we will get alot otp moment ! 

looks how comfortable our OTP when they are together. Lots of skinskip, smile, caring, sweet talk and sweet stare :D

IMG_6594.gifIMG_6570.gifIMG_6568.gif
CREDIT NAVER

• Like 22

27 minutes ago, bebe1989 said:

On long preview, seems like simchung searching for junjae. (It seems she already erased his memories about something) but she still want to meet him in seoul. Also there is someone who hold simchung hand.. i hope it was junjae :D

Hope its not her holding his hand on the beach before she left :(

• Like 9

LOVE THIS ! SHE LOVE IT WHEN HE WAS WORRIED ABOUT HER *YEPPOO SIMCHUNG :wub: CREDIT TO SHUSHUUFs2Qza.gif

9RXUpT8.gif

wUQYxUW.gif

this post so funny :P  Though im not die yet, it was indeed made my throat sick after screaming too much lol

LITTLE JUNJAE LOOK A LIKE LOL (Credit to owner)

Spoiler

IMG_6700.jpg

@zagigirl i doubt about beach scene, because that person wearing white clothes :D 

• Like 23

7 minutes ago, bebe1989 said:

... i doubt about beach scene, because that person wearing white clothes :D 

Our mermaid is wearing white..she holds his hand against her chest ;)...he lies down she is beside him on her knees takes his hand....we'll see ;)

• Like 9

‘The Legend of the Blue Sea’ Disclose Its Making Film of Jun Jihyun

0hv4j0tg5gj2wgdmo0q53o3542mytevt.jpg
[by Woorim Ahn] Jun Jihyun’s making film of drama ‘The Legend of the Blue Sea’ was disclosed.

SBS drama ‘The Legend of the Blue Sea’ is a fantasy romance drama that the last mermaid on the earth gets to meet a genius crook and adapts to her life on land. Lee Min Ho, Jun Ji Hyun, Shin Hye Sun, Lee Hee Joon and others feature in it.

On November 21, the drama revealed a making video through Naver TVcast of filming scenes in Palau. In the clip, Jun Jihyun’s swimming pose with fish and the country’s beautiful sceneries are contained.

Since it is hard to film under the water, she checked the script one by one before shooting. Then, she went deep under the water and showed off her swimming skills. The audiences were surprised at her side as a mermaid.

Meanwhile, ‘The Legend of the Blue Sea’ airs on Wednesdays and Thursdays at 10pm KST. (photo by ‘The Legend of the Blue Sea’ making film captured image)

http://www.bntnews.co.uk/app/news.php?nid=32425

• Like 15

[Drama Review] 'The Legend of The Blue Sea' - Episode 2

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2016/11/drama-review-the-legend-of-the-blue-sea-episode-2

lee-min-ho,jun-ji-hyun

Get ready to love or regret the next 57 minutes of your life. While episode one was a let down, things pick up ever-so-slightly in episode two of 'The Legend of The Blue Sea.'

jun-ji-hyun_1479761626_sea1.jpg

Watching this drama like...

Cheesy, cliche and everything in between, Lee Min Ho and Jun Ji Hyun put on an excellent display as actors, but the storyline of 'The Legend of The Blue Sea' is going nowhere so far. Still jumping between time eras, the drama is trying to tie together events from the past and the present, all the while focusing on a bit of Lee Min Ho's character's backstory involving his mother and her disappearance.

The "action scenes" in this episode are comical and intended to be that way but I still can't take them seriously. I did enjoy Jun Ji Hyun's fight scene are her incredible strength (as predicted) turned out to be of great use. Her imitation of Bruce Lee was hilariously on point! But I can't get over how pathetic a band of thugs on the hunt for Lee Min Ho came out to be. It just makes me wonder what the point of adding in these chase/fight scenes was anyways?

jun-ji-hyun_1479761628_sea4.jpg

The face you make when that Korean chicken is too spicy!

Lee Min Ho will never stop being a con artist which adds an extra dose of humor to this drama. His cocky ego and sly way of talking make him entertaining to watch, especially as he struggles to communicate with Jun Ji Hyun. I also couldn't resist taking a moment to think deeply about his description of loving a game in which you "surrender." Point taken.

MORE TO READ UNDER SPOILER

Two scenes that actually had me laughing this time around are when Lee Min Ho lets the eccentric mermaid spend the night at the hotel and after he showers, Jun Ji Hyun starts acting "coy and lubricious" while brushing her hair behind her ear and slightly smirking. I don't understand how Lee Min Ho could question if she is "horny" if he keeps dressing her up in sexy clothing.

jun-ji-hyun_1479761629_sea6.jpg

Was it you who left the seat up??!

Aside from that, I also couldn't resist chuckling at how Lee Min Ho visits a church where he is portrayed to be a missionary man by the church group and pastors. While questioning who the mysterious Jun Ji Hyun is, he simply states she suffered an accident that made her mute and he "wishes he could hear his wife's voice again."

But be careful what you wish for or you wife might suddenly start saying "Hello, it is nice to meet you. It is rather hot today, isn't it?" Jun Ji Hyun has a keen habit of disobeying Lee Min Ho spontaneously and making him a spectacle which fills joy in my troll heart.

jun-ji-hyun_1479761628_sea3.jpg

However, because of Lee Min Ho's trickery, we cannot forget he is being pursued by some clowns this drama tries too hard to portray as roughens. His idea of returning to Seoul will definitely lead to some more chaotic moments, but I'm hoping it will actually branch out into creating a real storyline for viewers to enjoy and for me to work with. His mother really stirred up some mysterious airs about herself and I question her sudden disappearance.

jun-ji-hyun_1479761628_sea5.jpg

Does his teeth only disgust me or...?

I recommend keeping a close eye on the flashbacks to the Joseon Era, as the other nobleman seems to be scheming and leaving ambiguous clues here and there. I'm guessing the return to Seoul will help his present character be revealed, sooner or later, but I am certain history will repeat itself and this dastardly nobleman will carry out his life with the same sinister plan against the mermaid.

The climax of this episode, if that is what you want to call it, was after Jun Ji Hyun is jumping off the cliff with Lee Min Ho in hand and realizing she wants to stay by Lee Min Ho's side. As they descend into the deep depths of the ocean by the cliff, the two share a wonderful underwater kiss.

jun-ji-hyun_1479761627_sea2.png

Because this wasn't cliche at all.

As if frozen in time, the cinematography for that moment effortlessly captures the untouched elegance of being underwater as she suddenly transforms into a mermaid. The kiss scene was well done and their quickly-blossomed relationship is necessary in adding a little more escalation to this slow and steady drama. However, I am still hoping this romance won't fall flat with more eye-gouging cliches.

The storyline is becoming more in depth and making sense as it gradually goes on and is becoming tolerable. Finally, the nameless mermaid begins to speak and her true identity of being a mermaid is revealed in the end. It obviously has me, and the viewers, wondering how Lee Min Ho will be responding to all of this - but, sadly, it is the only anticipation I have for episode three.

• Like 11
  • Love 1

SBS Dramas take over the Number 1 spot for Weekly Ratings

photo786401.jpg

SBS has reached its prime time for weekly ratings.

Monday/Tuesday, Wednesday/Thursday and weekend dramas have all won the hearts of viewers as it takes over the number one spot for viewer ratings for the week.

For Mondays and Tuesdays, "Romantic Doctor Teacher Kim" takes the number one spot for every episode aired so far. The first episode itself had a 9.5% rating. The most recent episode received a 13.8% rating.

Wednesdays and Thursdays is "THE LEGEND OF THE BLUE SEA" with a 16.4% viewer rating after airing the first episode. That is the highest rating for the first episode out of all the dramas aired this year.

Weekend drama "My Gap-soon" has continued to rise in weekly ratings each week, with a 13.7% rating for the most recent episode.

Many are curious to see how long this winning streak will be for SBS.

http://www.hancinema.net/sbs-dramas-take-over-the-number-1-spot-for-weekly-ratings-100692.html

• Like 9