[Drama 2016/2017] The Legend of The Blue Sea 푸른 바다의 전설

ilwoo_aein

3 hours ago, mythicalove said:

Hi @YourHighness I'm 99% certain that DR is the little boy SC was referring to. DR, himself, is unaware that he is actually reading SC's mind. We, as the audience, visually see it as though SC is speaking but in actuality, DR is communicating with SC by reading her mind. How it is possible? It means he has already fallen in love with her.  I definitely agree with you, they seemed to have connected at an earlier age. However, DR appears to possess no memories of it. Therefore, something must have happened for him to forget. This also explains her reaction towards him when he asked about what happened to the boy. She simply stared at him, almost with a lingering and longing face as though she hoped deep down, he remebered her. And it's her best way of replying to him, "it's you." That being said, I highly doubt that DR was the one who asked her to erase his memories. Perhaps loving her brought danger to him, so she decided to make him forget about her. While DR is clueless about their potential past though, we know he has a feeling in his gut that remembers her because he was automatically drawn to her and wanted to save her. He falls in love with her even after an inevitable separation from their past. Their fate is that strong. 

@annura25 you can find those stills on page one. 

Hi! :) You have a point. If you think about it, it could not have been him who asked her to erase his memory. Even if painful I think he would have wanted to still remember her. I am guessing here that maybe they separated during their teen years when they looked different. Maybe a relationship between a mermaid and a human is taboo and liable to punishment. To save him from that punishment, she could have erased his memory and left him to live his life while looking over him. That would explain why she was the only mermaid close to the shore and got swept off by the storm.

And I agree, their fate is strong, we saw their conversation as them speaking but maybe they were talking telepathically. Which would explain why she trusts him and also asked him for help from all the people present at the party. But if she remembers him and loves him, why can't we see the yearning in her during their chat? There is something that we are missing and don't know yet.

4 hours ago, annura25 said:

what page  of set of stills of SC and DR as children i m new to this forum

Here it is:

bluesea_45.jpg

• Like 14

After sleeping on it over a night, I've came to conclusion that I am neither mad at the director nor the editor. The editor's cut airs live and of course, he works to grab the audiences' attention and hopefully keep their brains stimulated and interested enough to come back next week. Therefore, he left the episode off on a very strange and interesting cliff hanger. In contrast, the director only has one take at his story. Therefore, he wanted to make it as complete as he could in the time he was given. This is also another strategy to grab viewers that were upset at the editor's cut, since I believe they've read netizen comments expressing how they're unhappy about no plot development. It definitely worked because the comments were good afterwards. However, it doesn't mean the editor's cut was bad; the editors definitely know what they're doing. I'm sure they meant to add the explanation later on, because that's just how dramas work. I mean, how boring would it be to just play the whole entire story in sequence with no mysteries? Netizens were just too impatient to wait. 

Anyhow, I've put some more thinking into it and came to a predicted plot. We know that KDR is able to see his future through his dreams and from there, he paints it. We've already seen one of his painting from the ancient pot. How interesting right? In JJ's time, they have already discovered the first piece. I believe that as the story progresses, and the conflict is revealed, JJ will continue to discover pieces from the past that depicts his life. In the paintings that KDR left behind, JJ will find clues to help him overcome the obstacles he has to in order to save himself and the mermaid. That being said, I will answer the question I asked myself a little while ago. I don't believe their worlds are parallel. Now, I truly believe that KDR died hundreds of years ago but he left traces for JJ and clues to help him. How interesting right? Goodness, episode 3 better come fast because I'm running away with my imagination. 

• Like 11

58 minutes ago, bebe1989 said:

MY PRETTY SIMCHUNG :heart: 

Credit to momo - bae bae
IMG_6621.gif

She said "I love you and I'm hungry" 

IMG_6625.jpg

the uncut-ver of this scene seems to be more interesting. Can anyone give the rough translation of this scene.. OMG JJH is really naive sincere and a bit cute stupidly in this scene:blush::heart:

• Like 9

I watched the director's version of LBS on SBS. Mostly  Lee Min Ho's scenes and lines were cut. This is unfair! That is why Knetizen had negative comments and Lee Min Ho was targeted by them. I am having a soft spot for Kim Dam Ryung and I believe the more viewers connect with DR, the more they will grow on Jun jae. I hope the editor really do better because the writer is No. 1 and is doing her best and cast are working so hard. So the editing part is very important so that all the hard work be paid off. I am really glad now netizens know more about the plot and have positive feedback. Because actually the writer and cast are not to blame. DR is such a great character, LMH did a very good job portraying it. I hope we will have a bit more Joseon era scenes from now on. Another thing is that we actually know nothing abt jun Jae. His story hasn't started and some of his scenes and lines were cut. He is actually a very sweet character. I really liked the cut scene where gets up from his seat and sit next 2 SC to teach her how to hold chopsticks. The scene he explains about "love" is also very nice. 

Credit: as tagged

• Like 18

'The Legend of the Blue Sea' stars Lee Min Ho, Jun Ji-Hyun top brand power rankings

Lee Min-Ho and Jun Ji-Hyun star in the SBS drama 'The Legend of the Blue Sea.'

Lee Min-Ho and Jun Ji-Hyun star in the SBS drama 'The Legend of the Blue Sea.' (Photo : YouTube/handariy)

"The Legend of the Blue Sea" stars Lee Min-Ho and Jun Ji-Hyun continue to make great wavelengths in the entertainment industry. The two Hallyu stars topped the charts for brand power among actors in November.

On Nov. 19, Saturday, the Korea Business Research Institute released their findings regarding the brand reputation rankings in the actors' category. The results were determined based on data gathered from Oct. 17 to Nov 18.

Like Us on Facebook

Jun came in first place with a total brand reputation index score of 5,929,440 points, while Lee nabbed the second spot with 3,477,884 points, Soompi reported. Following them are the "Sweet Stranger and Me" lead actors Soo Ae and Kim Young Kwang in the third and fourth place, respectively.

"Running Man" heroine Song Ji-Hyo came in fifth place, while actors Yoo Yeon-Seok and Lim Ji-Yeon are in the sixth and seventh spot. Han Suk Kyu, who currently plays Teacher Kim in "Romantic Doctor, Teacher Kim," came in eighth place along with Lee Sun-Gyun and Oh Ji-Ho on the ninth and tenth spot, respectively.

It is said that Jun and Lee reached the top spot in the brand reputation chart due to the immense popularity of "The Legend of the Blue Sea" at home and abroad. The SBS drama kicked off its run on Nov. 16 with impressive national TV ratings of 16.4 percent.

However, the SBS drama, which marks Jun and Lee's small-screen comeback, experienced harsh criticism from fans for blatantly copying certain elements from the British television series "Sherlock," All Kpop reported. The scene being referred to showed Heo Joon-Jae (Lee) interpreting a man's intention by thoroughly examining its body movements. As he assesses each body part, a small overlay text then appears on the screen

http://en.yibada.com/articles/174529/20161120/legend-blue-sea-stars-lee-min-ho-jun-ji-hyun.htm

I feel so Happy when i read articles that quote soompi...

• Like 12