[Weekend Drama 2016] Laurel Tree Tailors 월계수양복점신사들 ~ Starring Cha In Pyo, Ra Mi Ran ~

tikamacika

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, TheMschelsea91 . said:

Internet back on.
Gosh, HW and TY are together!!!!! Damn, I missed out what happened in between. TY totally confessed and I think he said something about how he's ready to start over. He's actually tearing up. And he thanks her.
She cries, and he hugs her! (Was waiting for a kiss but for now this'll do).

Thanks for recap! I'm so excited that TY finally confessedembarrassed1-onion-head-emoticon.gifI hope we get the kiss tomorrow.

@pinkdicentra I was getting a little tired of HW's antics too. As much as I love this couple, I'm happy that writer-nim knew when to stop and gave them the Confession. I think we are going to now see HS go on the warpath against TY which is curious in it self since I haven't exactly seen an ending love between him and JY. It seems like a pairing out of convenience w/JY going after the rich guy and HS going after someone he can control/a trophy,

@natkat @rubie Thanks for the HW/TY pics and @peggygordon  Thanks for the IG clips :heart:

@Lmangla

" why is she wearing those fruits on her neck? she looks like some pretty version of a trainee witch who is supposed to brew some portion for her master wizard/mistress witch to do a spell, but found it too tasty and ate it herself! hahahahha "

Those fruits on her neck are Korean Dried Persimmon ( got-kam 곶감, or in Japanese Hoshigaki made from the Hachiya persimmons). The fruits are often left hanging on trees to be expose by the first frost which speed up the ripening process prior to drying. They are quite delicious & similar to dried apricots 

Meanwhile the brew portion is the  Korean Plum Liquor/Wine (Maesil Ju 매실주), commonly you can make home brew usually during the autumn season where plum are in season, green plum with adding some sugar & high proof soju. The Liquor/Wine takes 12 weeks to mature but like any fine wine or whiskey, the longer you leave it the better the taste

2 hours ago, rubie said:

Source: Newsen

Episode 31: TaeYang's Sleeping Beauty 

Haha...she is so cute there. I can see her sincerity with those clothes on her and did the housework done.  i don't think JY could even do these kind of things when she was TY's gf. 

3 minutes ago, gerrytan8063 said:

@Lmangla

" plum liquour sounds delicious! "

You can have the plum liquor on rocks (ice) as an aperitif beverage but it is most likely that Tae Yang's mother might use the plum liquor as part of an ingredient for marination or tenderizer for meats

ooooh, sounds good... last week, marinated some beef in pomegranate concentrate (saw a tv show about persian cooking) and it turned out well... so can see how plum liqour would work as well.. but would probably prefer to drink it as aperitif! hahahahha... :w00t:

1 hour ago, peggygordon said:

TY-HW confession scene :heart:

CR to : sanis399 Instagram

Thanks a bunch for the clips chingu :wub:

I am so happy to see TY finally confessed to HW. i've been waiting for the day like this where TY finally realizes that he fell for her. it is a very sweet moment even with a big hug only. so it means they're dating now, right? 

Ps. Thanks to JY that makes this happen :phew:

2 hours ago, peggygordon said:

TY-HW confession scene :heart:

he seems a little teary eyed no? ... but it does look like the night is very cold and the wind could sting the eye into releasing some tears? . nah, it is just the hyowon effect! hahahaha...

:wink:

@Lmangla   Do join us in daily land they got some good ones showing now I think you'll enjoy them..

@TheMschelsea91 .  Thanks for todays recap,

Well everyone I enjoyed my puupies today Hw and TY, TY is just so sweet..

Now on to DJ Ex-wife, YS should be expecting mess from her but it won't help her overcome her confidence if she runs away everythine this women appear.. YS needs to face her head on if she plans to be confident in front of DJ mom.. TBH I don't think DJ wife wants him back she just can't stand the fact that he's happy and moving on in the mean while she still stuck in her bitter attitude and her home life hasn't changed but more people she would have to contain with.. As the saying goes you never miss your well until it runs dry so now DJ isn't there anymore more for her to treat him like her on personal slave.. DJ mom should have told her to kick cans.. I knew she would be paying a visit to YS so called husband..

Ok Joe Boxer husband Ex don't know why I can't remember the mans name but I'm wondering if this could possibly be his son just how long have him and boxer been married.. Just how long have they been married him and the boxer ? Well all hell is going to break loose when Joe Boxer finds out the women is more beautiful then her and can produce a kid and even more hell will follow if the kids is his..     

@sava2sava - let me know the names. used to watch daily dramas when we had KBS on cable before. after I started avoiding dailys as subs wouldn't come out forever and I didn't have patience to watch raw..

I also wondered if it is joe boxer's son but the kid is only five and these two have been married for a good twenty years and more. (in one earlier scene, think he was playing that song from tom cruise movie, top gun; plus the fashions seem 80s/late 70s) so unless he had an affair in the recent six years or so, it probably isn't his kid....it may also turn out to be a more interesting conflict arc if he chooses to take care of the kid even though he doesn't have to just because his first love is sick or something... 

5 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

@sava2sava - let me know the names. used to watch daily dramas when we had KBS on cable before. after I started avoiding dailys as subs wouldn't come out forever and I didn't have patience to watch raw..

I also wondered if it is joe boxer's son but the kid is only five and these two have been married for a good twenty years and more. (in one earlier scene, think he was playing that song from tom cruise movie, top gun; plus the fashions seem 80s/late 70s) so unless he had an affair in the recent six years or so, it probably isn't his kid....it may also turn out to be a more interesting conflict arc if he chooses to take care of the kid even though he doesn't have to just because his first love is sick or something... 

@Lmangla  I didn't realize they had been married that long.. So my guess is something will happen to the kid mom and he's going to want to take him in or took him in and Joe Boxer will want to get rid of the kid either because it's his first love kid or because they don't have a kid of there on she's not going to want the child there..  I can sense the writer will go this plot with these two..

Check spoiler

Spoiler

1.first love 

2. always spring

3. love is drop by drop

These three are my priority.

Thank you @TheMschelsea91 . for your recap, I'm one of people in this thread who always press refresh button to read your live recaps :P

Hi there welcome to this thread to @luvsdramas (which one are you? There's 6 people using this name), @bajing, @daisysmaisy94 @Daisy Str, @caranthir_idril, @pimsucre, @blacksquares (I hope not wring in quotes the name)

13 hours ago, luvsdramas said:

@peggygordon I have a favour to ask. Is it possible for you to post your lovely, hot profile picture here? Would love to see the bigger version since it's practically limited ed right now. TY in advance if you do manage to!

Aww thank you for liking my prof pic chinggus :wub: Actually @pinkdicentra has upload it in different thread. She's just like Ms.Google (for me) in this thread :blush:And here's the link 

http://m.blog.naver.com/stylistjunjino/220818077147

http://m.photoviewer.naver.com/blog?listUrl=m.blog.naver.com/stylistjunjino/220818077147/&imgId=7&host=m.blog.naver.com/photoviewer&blogId=stylistjunjino&logNo=220818077147#main/7

I haven't seen ep.31,as @TheMschelsea91 .has mentioned about TY's confession suddenly I  just searching at Instagram about that kekeke

13 hours ago, luvsdramas said:

@peggygordon I have a favour to ask. Is it possible for you to post your lovely, hot profile picture here? Would love to see the bigger version since it's practically limited ed right now. TY in advance if you do manage to!

Since I was looking for LDG's individual photo from that same pictorial earlier this week, I was able to find a site for the whole photo set, including a photo for each gentlemen. Source: http://junjino.co.kr/220818077147

Edit: @peggygordon You got here while I was posting. Anyway, here are all the photos.

160920highcut180th008.jpg?type=w3

Spoiler

160920highcut180th001.jpg?type=w3

160920highcut180th002.jpg?type=w3

160920highcut180th003.jpg?type=w3

160920highcut180th004.jpg?type=w3

160920highcut180th005.jpg?type=w3

160920highcut180th006.jpg?type=w3

Still waiting for the subs to come out and thought I should post something, anything, really, regarding today's ep, which was so epic especially on the TY-HW front. 

Btw, you're all welcome chinggus for the recaps :) I wish I could've tagged all your names here but as I really ought to be sleeping now, I thought I'd make this really quick. You know who you are ;)

I can't really comment much without the subs but on the DJ-YS front, I'm glad to see YS standing by her decision to be happy and be with DJ. I thought it was cute when DJ was trying to make YS give him a cute nickname while saving his number on her phone. Although I'm still surprised to see the pace of their relationship, especially coming from DJ. I thought after a failed marriage, he would tread a relationship carefully but he's going at warp speed here. Although, DS also experienced two failed marriages so I guess it runs in the family?:huh::huh:

Barely any SN-SD today which for me isn't necessarily a bad thing for now as the focus in currently on TY-HW and DJ-YS, although with the reappearance of YE the ex-lover, I'm curious to see how SD will react. I'm already picturing SN dragging YE by her head out of the bakery or something haha. 

And finally, to my main couple TaeWon (okay, i don't really like amalgamation of names, but I don't know what happened here), I still want to see the subbed ep before commenting more but that confession took me by surprise. One because I didn't expect to see it happen today and 2) because taeyang was tearing up (swoons) as he confessed. Clearly HW's patience and perseverance paid off, although judging from one of the IG pics shared earlier, (sorry I forgot to tag your name here chinggu), it looks like ES will meet them by that light house. Gah! Please let these two share some sweet moments first before we go into full angst mode. 

P/S: On HJ and GP/GP's mom, can''t say I'm surprised there. After watching HJ getting excited at finally learning something that could bring HS down, I wonder if she was really sincere about wanting DJ back. I thought that learning that DJ is in a relationship knocked some sense into her, but now, I'm not so sure. I'm beginning to think that the possibility of throwing HS out of the CEO position makes DJ appealing to HJ again because then DJ can return and be the new CEO or something. 

Hello everyone, thank you for the warm welcome!!! It's very kind of all of you.

It's a long post, so I put it under spoiler :D

Spoiler

Before going on my soliloquy on my couple-bias, I just want to say that I am a bit worried about SD and his first love. I wonder what is the meaning behind the introduction of this new character. As dysfunctional as SD-SN is, I still want a happy ending for them. Also, Thank God, TY and HW finally happens. I enjoy the dynamic between TY, HW and HW's mom, but I am so ready for this couple to move beyond. In this episode, more than the romance, I love her interaction with TY's mom and her eagerness to please her. I find that to be just so adorable. 

@ TheMschelsea91: I do think HJ is sincere in trying to get back with DJ. Her behavior seems to indicate that she's having a second thought even before knowing DJ is dating YS. The knowledge about the connection between MHS and HGP is more of a bonus. I have been quite on the fence about HJ until this episode. She treated DJ, her own family and DJ's family quite horribly, but I can see where she's coming from growing up in that kind of environment. She craves for love but her pride always comes first. One of the thing that I appreciate about this drama is how almost all characters have depths (except probably the YS' fake mom in law, HGP and Dajung which sadly has very little screen time). Thus, although we hate some of their actions, I cannot hate the character completely. Having said that, the recent development does not bode well for her character.  I am suspecting that she's using DJ's parents to reasserts herself in DJ's life. I felt that she knew that DJ wont give her anytime of the day, and hence try to go around through his parents. If my suspicion is true, that is such a low blow and I will have to cross that fence to hating her, lol. One of the most frustrating aspect of her character is her perpetual victimhood that makes her blind to how she treats other people and their feelings. I dont understand her logic of going towards this recent path. She should know what kind of man DJ is. Using his parents and HGP to get to him will only make DJ hates her instead of winning him over. With or without YS, I doubt DJ will want to go back to their nightmarish marriage. One of the trope that I hate is clingy ex. Before, we have HGP. My heart sank to see another one in the making.

However, if there's anything positive about this whole drama related to HJ, it makes me love YS-DJ as a couple even more. I love how sensitive DJ is of YS' feelings and how he always treats her so preciously. He's so loving which is always great to boost YS' confidence. I find YS' jealous outburst to be completely adorable. I never thought she's capable of that kind of aegyo given her nature, but I guess love made you do things that you never thought you could, heh. And how much do I also love how corny DJ can be. I wonder how did he hide this side of him for many years. Oh...yeah...marrying HJ could do that to you, lol. Like @sava2sava, I want YS to stand her ground in front of HJ. Though given years of emotional bullying that she has faced, I thought it will take longer for her to break through her shell. But if this episode is any indication, it seems that we're in for some growing up on her part.    

Lastly, I will cap my comment tonight with my hope for my fave OTP. I have yet watched a K-drama where the OTP continue to fight together despite external pressures. Noble idiocy, after all, is particularly rampant in K-drama. I hope this drama will take a different route. After what they have been through, I want YS-DJ to fight together as a team through thick and thin. Isnt that the most obvious proof of the strength of their love? There's hope in the horizon. I noticed that DJ's dad is relatively blaise towards HJ's visit. So I hope he can be a voice of reason to break through DJ's mom foreseeable objection. We'll see.

Guest AlexMao

@Lmangla + @sava2sava I doubt the writer will make a Sam Do an adulterer, as much as he dislikes his wife's antics from time to time he just isn't the sort to play around. Well okay, if you forgive the little rebellion he had early in the series I would probably say he's too scared of his wife to do anything. We all kind of know what kind of a person Sun Nyeo is so I suspect if anything she'll let her jealousy monster out and we'll be in for a series of what I'll classify as pointless story arcs.

@Lmangla As for Hyo Joo I think this is actually a good thing, she's going to force Yoon Shil to fight for Dong Jin. It's all cliche and such but given how little confidence she has in herself and in the relationship as a whole I'm not going to say it's going to hurt her all that much either as this is just one of the many obstacles she'll need to overcome.

@TheMschelsea91 . What do you think about Ki Pyo & his mother? His mother basically threatened Dong Jin & Yoon Shil once her son gets out of prison. I still think that Hyo Joo will act as an intermediary of sorts to calm the situation at some point. I do wonder how ugly it’s going to get before that point though. The preview showed that the front window of the shop had been smashed, so I’m expected one of Ki Pyo’s goons “reminding” them of the situation.

@evie7 I’ve been saying something similar for some time now, there really isn’t any spark between Hyo Sang & Ji Yoon. Hyo Sang came across as a player and well Ji Yoon is just a gold digger. With all that we believe Hyo Joo knows about Hyo Sang & Ki Pyo's business dealings this could expose things to him and as a little bow-tie on this whole mess could provide an out for both Hyo Sang & Ji Yoon to marry and move abroad (China or Republic of the Philippines) as Messa Apparel expands into new markets (Messa Sports or something).  

I'll add I found it quite funny to see a drunk Hyo Won/Princess Min with her hands stuffed down her pants (image). 

Archived