[Drama 2016] W-Two Worlds 더블유

gangurhar

5 hours ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

ok..just finished watching raw.. was totally expecting giving same face and personality and implicit guilt consciousness of considering onself truly the evil one would play some havoc..

this is scary..

And again, what the hell..c an someone who understand korean explain.. what is it that evil one wants? and has the power just moved from KC to villain?

Villain exists because KC's set up is to follow the killer.. if KC's objective would have changed then killer should have vanished too like SH.. only problem is now killer came alive too.. so now killer's objective/set up needs to be changed somehow???

Every character who steps in the real world will become an indiviidual is it? With a mind and free will of his / her own?

I think because the villain is like the anti-hero in the story has the same level in the hierarcy of characters if u could put it like that...the villain like Kang Chul have like a free pass standing on the top spot but as opposites (yin/yang)and even more after being aware of the truth..KC didn't think of the variable that even if he forgets everything the villain will not do as per his will and follow his own and he never thought he will not forget and his entity in it's own is too powerful now to be controlled by someone else or be dependent of KC actions...so now he has a character and identity,backstory(Oh Sang moo even made him a psychopath)and is aware of the story line Oh Sang Moo prepared to make the "Happy Ending" for KC,so now he plans to outwit it and create his own...it's hard to follow when your villian doesn't listen to you anymore and became independent...More than sure he wants to end it on his own accord,aka his final fight with KC without anyone ordering him anymore..More likely each other strol will and obsession with each other made them break free from the spell of the writer

The banal set-up isin't on anymore nor the rules of it(aka KC is the one who rules the W world)...now we got KC unware of what really happenes(an amnesic without him knowing heh) and a Villian who knows too much

Oh Sang Moo made a huge mistake incorporating himself in the story as he is about to loose his own identity and life along with subestimating the real monster of the story that he might as say created....More tahn sure the guy will be more and more vicious if anyone from outside will try to intervine trying to write their story arc

The other characters are too minor and aren't aware of the truth to have the power to break free

• Like 9

I was wondering why I read that a viewer was upset the OTP was separated. And focus shifted to the other characters. 

Kill off the villain? Pfft. That's so simple. I love W not because it focuses only on the OTP. It remains to be seen yet if there is an acceptable logic within the manhwa world becoming real theory in the last episode. However at this point it is not called " plot all over the place " it is called the writer has a plot. It's whether she crafted the 2 worlds to be able to interact well enough. And throw in consistent explanations in the end to explain the parallel world interactions.

I don't understand viewers- and this is a general statement- who focus exclusively on the OTP. To the detriment to the genersl storyline. When has any Kdrama been solely on the OTP?

In fact I have been laughing. Wondering if the faceless villain. Or the predetermined fate has been a dig by the writer at either herself. Or other writers that was her way of saying that this is what happens when you have lazy writing.

Or the way SB and MS tidying up the storyline for a happy ending. The thought process as seen from behind  the scenes. If I was the writer- I wouldn't be able to resist pushing in some of my pet peeves.

I actually laughed out loud at the manhwa world's OTP ending. It had the looking at each other across a super long road. The crossing towards each other. The unspoken emotions and then the warm words. 

THE END.

In fact am giggling now. They even had the time jump.

I am laughing again thinking of the gadzillion dramas that has ended in a similar fashion. It's like the writer trying to convey what she wants real writing to be. Vs what is the trotted out trite we see every day. That wss why I was enjoying the Professor's ranting about the novel direction at the female lead in the doctors room. It has happened twice. Conveying what readers feel watching or reading their favourite book being derailed.

I feel as if I am peeking behind the scenes of what goes on in carving out a plot- the manhwa world. And then seeing what happens when a fan's imagination takes over- and haven't we all wished at one point a book or a drama was real- and how it DOESN'T work in real life.

Of course the last episode will make it work. But that's why or precisely why I am enjoying  W. Not the trite girl meets boy. Falls in love. Break up- cancer, parents, lack of family background, overseas study, Noble Idiot- make up. Happily after ending. That is just so mundane.

Just kill off the villain? HAHAHAHA.... and have what? 6 more episodes of lovey dovey? 

• Like 15

Watch: Han Hyo Joo And Lee Jong Suk Show Off Their Closeness As She Stays Behind On “W” Set To Support Him 

Watch: Han Hyo Joo And Lee Jong Suk Show Off Their Closeness As She Stays Behind On “W” Set To Support Him

On August 18, MBC shared some sweet behind-the-scenes videos from their latest hit drama, “W”!

In one of the videos, lead actor Lee Jong Suk has to record some narration for episode eight, after they filmed some of the episode’s scenes. His co-star Han Hyo Joo kindly stays behind with him on set, even though she’s wrapped up filming, and sits next to him in her “Cinderella” dress at Kang Chul’s desk. Before he gets to work, the pair show off how close they are as Lee Jong Suk touches her cheeks and pats her on the head.

w 4

Lee Jong Suk seems exhausted and struggles a bit with getting the lines right, and keeps laughing at his mistakes. He eventually asks her, “Do you want to head home first?” She misunderstands and moves as if to go, saying, “Oh, am I making you uncomfortable?”

“No, it’s just that this seems like it will take all night,” he replies, showing her all the pages in the script that he has left. “I’ll wait for you!” she says cutely, and he replies, “Thank you!”

w 3

She then encourages him to hang in there, and the pair even hold hands as Lee Jong Suk tries to get back into the zone.

w 2

As he reads the heartbreaking lines, Han Hyo Joo pulls a sad face. When he’s done with one part, she says, “That was sad! I almost cried.”

“Why?” he asks her. “Because of you!” she replies with a pout.

Watch the adorable clip below!

http://tvcast.naver.com/v/1058488

MBC also released a clip of Han Hyo Joo hilariously trying to help Lee Jong Suk out by “disappearing” on set (in other words, quickly crouching down behind the kitchen counter) during a scene in which she’ll later be removed in post-production. However, it just ends up making him laugh in every take! Check it out below.

http://tvcast.naver.com/v/1058508

http://www.soompi.com/2016/08/18/watch-han-hyo-joo-stays-behind-support-lee-jong-suk-long-recording-set-w/

• Like 13

Jo Hyun Ah of Urban Zakapa sings 'Falling' for 'W'

By alim17   

Urban Zakapa's Jo Hyun Ah has stepped up to sing the fifth OST for dram 'W'!

Her soothing, beautiful voice carries the sentimentality of the song really well while the MV is laden with moments and dialogue from the drama, which makes it hard to really listen to the song and appreciate her vocals, but add flavor to the MV, anyway.

• Like 7

WOW the face thing

SO COOL but my reaction would be the same as Soo Bong's if I saw my boss without a face :o

What a total change of the hooded villain, he too has a character now. 

I love the little scenes where you can relate to Yeon Joo (like her being an 'avid fan' and cutting pages of the manhwa)

You can also feel her sadness :( 

• Like 7

So, W right now means following to me

1. Never take a whiskey break while drawing

2. Never give your face to a character, more so the villain

3. If you want to break an electronic device do not hit it with fire extinguisher BUT TRY POURING WATER over it

4. Never tell your storyline ahead of the release... you never know where the leak is

5. Do not create identity crisis for anyone lest they come back to hunt you

6. Do not keep women in thriller/mystery genre (Yup completely with prof n this one :P )

7. When drawing guns, keep them real .. and not with infinite bullets to kill off everyone in the frame

to be updated

And the only thing i absolutely loved abt today's show.. was when professors gives a 'W' sign to YJ.. more like double F.. it just was so cool on so many levels.. :)

Q: Any guesses what is in LOST directory?

• Like 14

53 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

I think subs are out, but one more scene translation from me beneath the spoiler. I think Kim Eui-sung did a fantastic job as the Hooded Evil who has taken on SM's face as well as SM. His evil cackling face smirking into the camera and promising to see Kang Chul often sent chills down my back. Not to mention, he now has the ability to travel as he wants apparently rather than randomly appearing without actual control over it.

Hide contents

Producer: You! Who are you?

KC: Get the employees out. 

(Hooded Evil w/SM’s face grabs a headmic set off a dead staff member.)

Hooded Evil: Ah. Ah. Ah. Kang Chul! Are you there? Can you hear me well? You were searching for me so hard, that I just came here. So that I can show you my face. Since I didn’t show up for over 10 years, you were much bothered, weren’t you? I was really bothered as well. I wanted to appear, but I didn’t have a way to do so. This is me. What do you think of my face? I really like it. (laughs) Now, let’s see each often. (shoots out the cameras)

Announcer: This is a news flash. The WBN shooting suspect’s face has just been released. The identity of the suspect who is a man in his 60’s has not yet been established, but it is imminent. Today around  6 pm, the suspect at WBN studios after shooting… 

(Hooded Evil disappears into an electronic doorway that appears for him, then disappears after he walks through.)

Thank you for your detailed translations! <3 I loved KES's work in this episode; I loved that transformation from the stooped middling man to this dynamic, aggressive villain. I am also cackling a bit at the idea that the W villain is now basically evil homicidal Doraemon. :lol: And that the top Knetz comments are "Poor Subong!" But dang this show is dark, dark, dark. :o

Like I mentioned in my previous post I'm glad this development gives more for OYJ to do than just mope over their bizarre breakup. I mean I don't begrudge her that, girl really has it rough; but I'm excited to see how she'll try to save her father and both of the worlds.

• Like 8

"W" drops slightly but still comes in first, "Wanted" ends with 4.9%

photo757038.jpg

"W" came in first.

According to Nielsen Korea, the MBC drama "W" rated 11.3% on the 19th. This is 0.9% lower than the previous episode. However, it received the highest rating on this day.

KBS 2TV "Uncontrollably Fond" rated 8.7% and SBS "Wanted" closed the curtains with 4.9%.

source: hancinema

I'm sure "W" and other drama rating drop because of the Olympic. But we're still #1 yay!

• Like 9

I'm not sure if this had been posted or not..Sorry if repost..

'W' Han Hyo-joo appreciates her fans for support

photo756932.jpg

"W" Han Hyo-joo expressed her appreciation towards her fans.

Han Hyo-joo's agency BH Entertainment posted on their official Instagram on August 18th, "Thank you fans for your support. Thank you truly" along with a photo of Han Hyo-joo.

In the revealed photo, Han Hyo-joo makes a big heart with her arms while her two hands show victory signs for her fans.

MBC's fantasy romance drama, "W" starring Han Hyo-joo airs at 10 PM every Wednesday and Thursday.

'W' Han Hyo-joo is summoned to web-toon, Lee Jong-suk does not remember her

photo756931.jpg

On the episode 9 of MBC's Wednesday & Thursday drama, "W", all of Kang Cheol (Lee Jong-suk)'s memories were reset.

Kang Cheol made a difficult decision to let go of Oh Yeon-joo (Han Hyo-joo) after he realized the criminal man started targeting her after she became the protagonist of the web-toon and his close friend, Yoon So-hee (Eugene Jung) – former female lead of the web-toon – was about to be forced to disappear.

Kang Cheol asked Oh Yeon-joo, "If you leave here, make the two months we've been together to be what had happened in my dream. And draw a scene in which I wake up from dreaming". Oh Yeon-joo did what Kang Cheol asked her to do and Kang Cheol woke up from the dream.

The criminal man disappeared from the real world and all of the original characters of the web-toon did not disappear.

However, Oh Yeon-joo, who went to back to the real world was summoned back to the web-toon world. She appeared in Kang Cheol's hospital room and looked at him asleep sadly with tears in her eyes. When she reached out her hands, she came back to the real world as she heard someone knocking on the door.

Later, it was revealed Oh Yeon-joo went back and forth between the two worlds several times when she narrated, "It's probably because I remained in Kang Cheol's subconscious memory. After the first revisit, I could see Kang Cheol a few more times but only briefly".

The third time she met Kang Cheol was two months later. This time, Oh Yeon-joo and Kang Cheol faced each other. However, Kang Cheol could not recognize Oh Yeon-joo.

• Like 13

On 8/17/2016 at 10:03 AM, MarieJose said:

@ohhkkay ??????

I'm really really reallyyyyyyyy very confused !!! What is this then ???!!?!?!?!?!?!?!? 

Take a look at @withMBC's Tweet:

MBC!!!!!!!!! You $@%&#*#::$^@:%:',¥';:'($::&#;

Oops, sorry for the late reply, I don't check soompi daily. It's Olympic schedule. I think they aired despite the schedule coz it might not be interesting?

The villain won't die unless OSM improves his poor writing skills. In a story, there are two main characters, the hero and the villain. In a usual action series, the hero has the privilege to remain alive whenever he's threatened, while the villain has the ability to seek him out up to the point when they have the ultimate showdown, resulting in the eventual arrest or death of the villain. When OSM decides to end the series with a poorly developed plot, the two characters are then bestowed with self-awareness.  It's as if they, if not the story itself, are correcting the storyline. The villain now becomes a sasaeng fan going after KC. Notice me, oppa kind of thing. All the side characters have the risk of being written out because that's just how the rule of story writing goes. 

• Like 9

tumblr_oc4qghdDQo1sh32sgo1_540.png

Kim Eui Sung Facebook Update (18 August 2016)

I am sorry for making you scared. Think of it as a way of passing the summer heat.

His own comment underneath his status: Can’t eat the pig feet without a mouth, very regrettable indeed

Credit: http://amyhsk.tumblr.com/post/149150769043/kim-eui-sung-facebook-update-18-august-2016-i-am

• Like 14

I don't think this has been posted?

Netizens for ‘W’ Ep9

SPOILERSSSSSSS!!!! SPOILERS EVERYWHERE!!!!

=============================================================

’W‘ Han Hyo Joo, Kim Eui Sung’s effort is for nothing… the real killer’s re-entrance shocks Lee Jong Suk (compilation)

Comments: 3555

(+17945, -73) Subong’s job is too extreme ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

(+12704, -111) This is a crazy drama really… but am I the only who laughed at how Subong was scared to the point of losing consciousness… so cute ㅋㅋㅋㅋ How to wait until next week ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ

(+12063, -215) The genre changed from romance to thriller…. It’s so hard to understand the story ㅠㅠ But it’s so fun.. the last partb where Oh Sung Moo writer lost his face really gave me goosebumps ;;;;;;;;

(+9624, -1107) The plot is crazy but the acting is also the best. How can one hour be so short ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ

(+8135, -84) What the hell (shudders) The last part (shudders)

(+3249, -14) This drama’s absolute victim is Subongi ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ He must be going insane

(+2806, -23) Wow actor Kim Eui Sang’s acting is so real and terrifying that you want to swear!! In W, the writer is god and the actors are the acts of god also!! Really crazy, f*cking crazy!! Why does an hour feel like 5 minutes T_T Will be waiting so long for next week T_T

(+2681, -16) When Oh Sung Moo’s face was gone was too scary (shudder) When he looked into the screen and smiled, I had goosebumps…..

(+2617, -12) Subong is too pitiful ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ At least Lee Jong Suk and Han Hyo Joo got to date romantically but Subong had to fight his battles alone

(+2521, -20) This drama makes your jaw drop… Really nuclear-level goosebumps

(+2139 -23) Completely impossible to guess where this drama would go…!!!! This is a legendary work

(+2039, -17) Is this a horror show….? Goosebumps

(+2018, -16) Wow ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ The last part is goosebumps  ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Are you Subong?

(+1896, -22) It’s a dream to Kang Chul but not to the real killer

(+1782, -12) If you watched Queen Inhyun’s Man and Nine, you would know this writer of W is the be all and end all to imagination. How many times were there developments that we could not predict? It’s true that this writer is crazy. This person really has connected with a different plane of existence!!!!

(+1831, -65) Heol this has surpassed Nine, really daebak

source: http://hitoritabi.tumblr.com/post/149146392722/netizens-for-w-ep9

• Like 24