[Drama 2016] W-Two Worlds 더블유

gangurhar

Regarding next episode's teaser, a user on the Kdrama subreddit wrote:

"That promo is complete BAIT. Chul is saying Yeon Joo is dead to test Sung Moo. If SM is the Killer still, he'd likely attack Chul. If he's dad, he's going to be a sobbing mess." 

• Like 16

So the villains in this drama keeps on saying their purpose. The killer's purpose was to kill KC's family. That's why he shot Yeon Joo. So instead of trying to kill the villain, why not simply change his purpose? They did it with So Hee. So why don't they do it with the villain. Then his new purpose in life can be something other than trying to hurt people Kang Chul loves.

• Like 6

I am blown away by the forward and backward trajectory of the show.

Happy and then sad....waaahhhhh! Please just let us get our happy ending!

I think the key is in the parallels...if you guys noticed, the same thing basically happens to the OTP over and over again.

They were meant to be but something is screwing things up.

• Like 9

I know the subs are out. I won't watch. Or !maybe I will. Maybe I won't. I don't know. I don't know if my heart can take it.

Someone here on this thread mention we are like in mourning. All over snippets of the preview. We don't know yet if writernim will make yj die so that KC and daddy needs to work out sth to bring her back or she's just in critical condition n in coma.but the reaction fr us is massive. Just goes to show how much we love our otp and nothing short of happy ending for them is acceptable.

I just need to say aloud. With our main antagonist ghost shot dead now and we have 3 episodes left.. So for sure writer has a last epic event for us.. I have no idea what. I can't even hazard a guess. I don't know if my tank of tears has oredi run out. Who am I kidding . when it comes to that I probably have another reservoir of tears to flow. W can wring that much emotion fr me

To liven up. 

tumblr_ocs71kA1Wn1vvm0fio2_250.gif

tumblr_obpfbmBHlh1vvm0fio4_250.gif

LJS ah you really can pull of checked shirts or suits.

So writenrim are we getting our kiss no3,4&5 as new Kang chul says as well as option4¿ will we? Pretty pls..

• Like 11

23 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

I tend not to worry about the ratings so much. There seems to be all sorts of random factors that may influence the Korean viewing audience. I hope that the dramas that I like do well ratings wise, so that the people involved feel appreciated, but that's about it. Also, it could be that the complexities and twists that keep us amazed with W may turn some people off who are looking for a lighter, more straight-forward fare. 

As for me, I'm enjoying W a lot. It engages me with its twists and interpretations of internal logic since we have to go along as the characters themselves are figuring it out. There is also plenty of pretty and cute to go along with the intensity. I even don't mind KC's current amnesia arc since it makes sense and isn't just a pointless plot device. Plus, it was nice seeing him admit that it was short-sighted of him to take that path, and also his statement that his happy ending wouldn't make sense any more without Yeon Joo. Instead of having to do it because he has to, he's doing it because he wants to, and I do think he's falling in love all over again with her even with all of the restrictions that he's under.

I'm with you in that I hope that W maintains good ratings until the end, and that it keeps being loved and appreciated. Also, totally agree that Kim Eui Sung rocked it this episode. His evil villain is just SO EVIL. His face as he drops the pretense of being Sung Mo, and allows the menace to show.  *shiver*

Also, I think subs are up, so hope you get a chance to watch them. Not sure that I can bear to watch the episode again until I've seen the next one to see whether Yeon Joo is safe or not first.

Re: ratings, I think you're right. I guess I've been so used to ratings being so important for local or US TV shows for renewal etc. but in W's case that aspect doesn't apply since the 16 episodes are set and there's usually no 2nd seasons for dramas. I agree too that it might not appeal to a lot of the general viewing audience because it's somewhat more challenging to watch than the usual drama. I feel like it has the makings of a sort of cult classic though; I hope it does become one. :D I think for me, even if by some miracle the last 3 episodes turn out to be duds, this is already in the top 5 (maybe 3?) of my favorite TV series ever from any country, for what they set out for and achieved in story-telling, character development, and cinematography. <3

• Like 10

“W” Releases Behind-The-Scenes Shots Of Lee Jong Suk During Dramatic Scene

“W” Releases Behind-The-Scenes Shots Of Lee Jong Suk During Dramatic Scene

The popular MBC drama “W” recently released some behind-the-scenes photos of Lee Jong Suk filming a dramatic scene that took place in last week’s episode.

Spoilers

In Episode 10, Lee Jong Suk’s character, Kang Cheol, is shot after a dramatic confrontation and requires the help of Oh Yeon Joo (Han Hyo Joo) to get away.

Lee Jong Suk

In the photos, Lee Jong Suk can be seen absorbed in his role and using intense expressions to convey his emotions since his character cannot easily physically move.

A source from Green Snake Media, the production company, said, “Lee Jong Suk is a clever actor. There are times when the false and true identities act differently, but he portrays the conflict in identity very well. Because of its format, ‘W’ presents some unique challenges to its actors, and he deals with them very naturally. Even in difficult scenes he carefully walks the line between the false and true identities.”

They added, “In order to portray the spectacular and speedy storyline development, the actors are sparing no energy. Lee Jong Suk said he used to learn taekwondo, so the fighting scene came out really well. In addition, the special effects team at MBC are also working hard to create good quality scenes for ‘W.'”

“W” airs every Wednesday and Thursday on MBC. Catch the drama exclusively on Viki!

source: http://www.soompi.com/2016/09/01/behind-scenes-photos-lee-jong-suk-dramatic-w-scene-released/

• Like 13

My first post in this forum and I'm only able to watch half of episode 13 as I am in mourning with the rest of you....this episode made me so sad not only because of the obvious being OYJ, but that their date scene was all just an imagination. Gosh, when are we going to get back all the sweetness that was laid on thick on episode 7?  

Reading through this forum today and the mood is so somber. I hope we get some stills or BTS to help us all make it through to Weds.  One thought I have though is that there has to be a variable or reasoning of how the bad guy is dead in the comic world, but Papa Oh is alive in the real world. Does this mean YJ could be dead in the real world but alive in the comic world & thus live happily ever after in W? 

NO drama has ever made me have to think like this one! 

• Like 11

1 hour ago, kozuesan said:

I don't think  Kang Chul 2.0 only thinks about revenge. He handled everything (from failures of the past reboots, him being a manhwa character, planning how to get rid of the bad guys coolly. He only panicked/reacted much when he became aware that Yeon Joo, his wife, is in danger. He travelled back and fort, summoned himself to come into the open with prosecutor, came face-to-face with the killer because he wants to save Yeon Joo. 

Seeing yeon joo fighting for her life might make Kang Chul realize that the "strange feeling" he felt whenever Yeon Joo is around is Love. His character in manhwa, I think wasn't written to be romantic, which is why he doesn't recognize it but he was initially drawn by yeon joo with thoughts about her  ideal man. 

Ahh I like ur way of referring Kang Chul 2.0. 

I tot this version of Kang chul is even more thoughtful. He made up his mind to kill his comic character and live in the real world for Yeonjoo not for revenge. Like you said he panic and travelled back n forth aft ghost kidnaps Yeonjoo. Again I see a man trying to reach his beloved. 

2 hours ago, redlion said:

Just finished watching the sub.... and worked to keep my self in control.... :frown:

Like usual, the episodes..... WOW :heart::cold_sweat:

he is not falling in love with YJ????? Sooo how come he looked pretty upset..... how come his face spamed in agony.... how come he wenr back and forth try to save her ... how come....

Perhaps he oredi did by the time yeonjoo was shot.

When he first said: I waited for oh Yeon Joo and didn't turn himself in. He wanted to find out the future for them

When he said: I've only read it in the comic, so I can't feel it. So I waited for you to wake up. Here he wants to experience for himself Yeonjoo's weird charms and all

When he kissed her in the car. He said so it's this feeling. So he felt it. He just didn't want to voice it yet. Hence the comment: "no comment".

Previously he said they marry too fast in the comic and they should start with dating first. And at the time he thought he solved the problem of ghost and they have all the time in the world. He did t foresee ghost rebound and Yeonjoo's life on the line. Like !any has pointed out it might be the catalyst for him to confess his feelings. If last tym we have Yeonjoo kissing him and a tear fall on his cheek.. Maybe this time around we will have Kang chul kissing her and a tear from him fall on her cheek?

tumblr_ocf8lajAjK1rcyps2o4_400.giftumblr_ocf8lajAjK1rcyps2o5_400.giftumblr_ocf8lajAjK1rcyps2o8_400.gif

• Like 19

Finally finish watch last night episode...

Ugh my heart can't take it. Song Writter-nim why you play with our hearts?

In the beginning when YJ imagine the happy ending, I told myself not to happy for that because something bad must happen in this episode. But, who could not enjoy that imagination? YJ and KC both happy. Even Dad start to recognize KC with baduk game. The flashlight suit when they go to YJ Mom and aunt is soo unbelieveable.

But (I know that) it's going to be bad when KC sees SH. It's just so random. But actually it's another variable. Ugh...

I pray hard that the "to be continue" sign will appear sooner, but here we are...

Hiks... and I have to wait fot 6 days with my heart aches and pain.

The good things

Mad Dog finally meet KC (he will sees himself in W comic right?). It's totally hilarious. Eventhough he said that he already become anti-fan, but he (I think) still fan of KC. Hahaha so adorable momment.

The bad things:

1.Soo Bong-ah what's happen to you? (I believe if I were him, I would be have heart attack sooner). I hope he OK and could help W to get happy ending. Soo Bong fighting!

2. All the imagination make me really really worried, are happy ending is impossible to them? We already get two happy ending scene (1st one I don't like that, the 2nd is better)

3. Why we have to villain? Isn't evil dad enough? Mr Assemblyman why you think about KC (then he will appear in front of you again)?

The question:

Is evil dad really dead this time? Are he back to real-world (just like YJ?)

The praise

Kim Eui Sung is really really great actor. My praise for him. He just like have switch ON/OFF (for the evil mode).

Really give me chilling. I found that villain in K-Drama is getting better and better (I love Namgung Min transformation and Shin Sung Rok too). I'm totally fan of them (not the character, the actor who deliver the character).

• Like 10