[Drama 2016] Moonlight Drawn by Clouds / Love in the Moonlight ☪ 구르미 그린 달빛

Maetawinz

4 hours ago, underthemoon0616 said:

Because RaOn was lying about her true feelings. 

It had connection to RaOn meeting Chief Eunuch where he said about CP "While untangling your thread, when you face a knot is impossible  to untangle. You must cut it without holding back. Do you understand what I mean?"

Then she got a scene w/ flashback of her and Chief Eunuch. By this time, she's decided.

That's why when RaOn and Omma was lying on the bed.. RaOn said "I have something to do.... I have to say goodbye to someone properly, so he can live well WITHOUT ME. Even if someone replaces my place......." last line  "I don't want him to feel sorry about me"

CP knew it's all pretence. This is why CP told her "I told you.. I would believe whatever you told me.. EVEN YOUR LIES" His tone at the last line 'even your lies' indicates he see her right through and that's why he cut the bracelet even before he said those lines because he get what's she's trying to do all along. He saw how desperate she was (yup, she's not pissed or angry but desperate). This is why at the end he told her he will not see her again in an angry tone.

CP believes RaOn because he knew her more than anybody else. This is why he told himself that it's impossible that RaOn would do such thing in previous episode.

5 hours ago, tzupi said:

Now, on another hand, can somebody explain the meaning of what CP said to Ro about the lies he would believe.. Because I cannot see how those remarks can be framed to sound as something that is not offending. If they are lies, he should not believe them--because it is stupid (and I think it is kind of difficult to believe something that you know that it is a lie). But most importantly, how can he imply that she would lie to him? (when reading the lines, i thought about the moment when he doubt her and thought that she might have played a part in the assassination plot. Does he still doubt her in that reunion scene?).

I wish to hear more opinion on this whole "I told you...I would believe whatever you told me...EVEN YOUR LIES". What exactly is he trying to say and what exactly did he feel when he decided to cut the bracelet?

Am I right to interpret that scene as CP knew that she is lying (at her desperate excuse and attempt to let go), and therefore knows that she still loves him but CP will believe that lie? As in CP will choose to believe that she does not want to stay with him anymore, even though he knows that it's a lie? So basically in short....continue living with life lying to yourself?

Is that right? 

• Like 12

the pd and writers really need  good and gripping scripts  to iron out  the rest of messes , any wrinkles , burnt-out holes totally unacceptable .

as for RO , she very much applauded her for what she had done. She knows better , sometimes you just can't win , no matter what you do , its feels like you alone against the world , thus she left with no option .. how i feel you , sweetie.. 

• Like 15

If only RO follows her own advice.

"The memory of being loved could become the strength to live on for life" 

Why did she send him off thinking she resents him for what happened to her dad and her feelings for him were not sincere from the beginning. I know the CP doesn't believe her lies, but at the same time he didn't get to hear her confess her true feelings. They both understand the situation they're in and that they can mutually agree to part way, why do they have to be so cruel to each other, that's not a proper farewell imo.

Regardless, I still love the breakup scene, it proves that PBG deserves ALL the awards coming to him! !

• Like 10

2 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Hi @cynkdf. I'm glad that you and your fan liked the translation. I don't have a blog, and haven't really thought about it yet. I only started posting to soompi forums this year, so still finding my way around. But, thanks for asking. I'm really flattered. :blush: 

@stroppyse my friend the HCY fan doesn't post on Soompi, in fact she wasn't aware that there are dedicated and hardworking folks transcapping and translating in threads dedicated to K-dramas. So reading a blog would be easier for her than searching through the humongous, hugely entertaining and educational thread here. 

@PeachyPeach so glad to read your post back on pg 1058! Can't wait to hear the rest of Chi Yeul's song ... one of his fans made this video of what was played in ep 15 and matched it with the clip of HCY recording it in the studio. Thanks to uploader:

• Like 9

Thanks @stroppyse for the response. 

I am just trying to wrap my head about how it would go for the last 3 episodes. 

We all want a HEA but is this possible? Will we totally rewrite the Little Mermaid story as stated by CP? 

And to throw in Ra On's father who is alive (!) late into the mix. 

• Like 10

3 hours ago, NRGchick said:

Question :

Just to clarify - Is the drama plot based on the story of Prince HyoMyeong aka Lee Young rather than being actually Prince HyoMyeong? 

The novel version kind of reinterprets his short life especially his romantic life. Since elements of real life are changed for the drama - e.g. he should have been married at this stage but he is only getting married at 19. 

If we come to accept that it is not Prince HyoMyeong that we are watching on screen, then does that mean that the writers have liberty to change the possible plot to Ra On becoming Crown Princess? 

So much have been made about changes to history so can't this happen for the drama as well? 

I think I was also concerned about Korean netizens and how they could view the potential change to history as they know it. 

OR is the love story between CP and Ra On is so strong that they will accept the change?

I know all of us have hopes and wishes at this point and yes there are so many possibilities and loose ends...:sweatingbullets:

But I liked the questions you brought up and it made me think of two things:

1. Our "Ra-On ah" wasn't part of history but was part of novel and additionally, the writers/PD had taken some liberties apart from the web novel.

2. Remember Eunuch Ma(?) who loved a court lady and CP blessed them? Remember how we were all taken by surprise how he seemed like a baddie at first (He was the first eunuch to know Ra-On's gender and it seemed like he was going to expose her secret but in the next episode, turned good guy/Ra-On ally???!!! Now that's creative!!! 

SO I will hang on to the faith in the writers/PD right now that they are creative enough, had given us awesome but nail-biting cliffhangers and YET showered much love on our OTP AND PLUS, the magic of dramaland/suspension of real Joseon history (Phew...trying to hang on to many signs...LOL) that we will have a beautiful ending...BESIDES, they have filmed this whole drama so beautifully from close ups, hanboks to settings, why would they shoot themselves in the foot by giving us an unsatisfactory ending? (Gasp! Jeh-bal, no :sweatingbullets:)

Hwaiting :wub::wub::wub:

• Like 13

13 minutes ago, syaiira said:

http://entertain.naver.com/ranking/read?oid=213&aid=0000915643

Article Title: Kim Yoonsung, is he B1A4's Jinyoung? Is he not a rookie actor? 

Aside from our Bogum, I am also so proud of our Jinyoung for getting recognition for his acting as well. B1A4 is known to be the 'Elementary kids' president' (due to their very young fanbase. haha) but recently, thanks to this drama, he's been gaining a lot of older fans. A lot of these new older fans are even quite surprised that he's an idol. I'm actually grateful that they didn't know because we all know how people have preconceived notions on idols being bad in acting due to prejudice. But fortunately for him, many of them thought that he's a rookie actor to begin with and he was able to be judged fairly for his acting and most agreed that he's really good.

I'm so proud of him.. :)

• Like 8

Moonlight Drawn By Clouds: Episode 15

by javabeans | October 10, 2016 | 5 Comments

gurumi15-00677a.jpg

It’s an emotion-filled episode all around, as stakes continue to rise and the story grows more serious. There are upsides and downsides to all that emotion (and teaaars), and while that often means heartbreak and longing for the characters, the show does often excel at finding ways to make its angst meaningful, and sometimes even gratifying. Well, most of the time. Not, unfortunately, all of the time.

COMMENTS

All right, I’ll just come out and say it: This was the first episode I was actively dissatisfied with, as the story went from reasonably angsty to frustratingly so. I’m sure we all have different tolerance levels for how much plot complication and angst we can take before our enjoyment of an overall show starts to wane, but for me, I can generally hang in there as long as I find the story and characters credible—if it still makes sense to my head or my heart, I’m usually somewhat appeased.

This dissatisfaction isn’t purely because our couple is still apart, or because one is lying to the other (although that certainly doesn’t make me happy), but because (1) the plot spent more time away from the main couple, and (2) the underlying logic failed me for the first time. The romantic relationship doesn’t have to be in an happy, cute phase for me to find it rewarding, but shifting away from it for long periods of time had my interest flagging at points. Previous episodes tugged at my heart despite the painful goodbyes and longing heartbreak, because I was there with both characters, understanding the need for their present circumstances and feeling the dilemma as they lived through it. I understood, and even agreed with, Ra-on pushing away Yeong and running away and leaving behind the bracelet, and when she grieved her lost love privately, I felt that pain with her.

But today, she pulled the noble idiot card—a trap this drama has been so good as to avoid till now—and employed that logic I abhor and have never found compelling, where you essentially say, “I don’t want him to hurt, so I’ll prevent him from being hurt in the future by hurting him right now.” Oh gee, that’s so considerate.

I’m sure there are ways we can rationalize Ra-on’s behavior with elaborate character analysis and argued defenses, and because I love this show I recognize a knee-jerk compulsion to think up explanations on behalf of the show. And to a small extent I think that’s fair, that when a show has built up a bank of goodwill by consistently exceeding expectations and delivering awesomely, that it’s allowed a bit of a grace—but for me, it’s only a very small bit of leniency. Because as fans, we can love a thing beyond what it delivered but we can’t conjure up something it didn’t do, or argue something it didn’t argue itself.

gurumi15-00635.jpg

All that said, there were moments that did touch me, such as the motif of lying and truth, as reflected in the episode title. Going back an episode, it seems the straight reading of “lies that seemed true” is Yeong doubting that Ra-on was sincere in her love of him. But I loved that the prince subverted that expectation, giving her permission to “lie” and accepting her answer no matter what. That’s why it particularly hurt my heart when she pulled her knife on him (which I’m still angry about) and tried to turn him away by making it seem she resented him, because she inflicted pain intentionally when it wasn’t even necessary, when he would have accepted her answer without her needing to invent false logic.

So she disappointed me, because this “I did it for your own good” logic frequently ignores the other person’s agency in a situation by denying them the opportunity to react. You’ve decided that in order for that other person to do as you want, you must control (or manipulate) the information they have at hand, and ultimately it signals a lack of faith. I don’t condemn Ra-on for it; she’s human and young and in an impossible situation, and in any other show I would probably just accept it. It’s just, this show has been so great about writing characters who rise to the challenge, and I don’t think she did today. I feel that he, on the other hand, did: It’s bittersweet and touching to see that ultimately he accepts her choice without agreeing with it or necessarily even believing it; it’s the fact that she made a choice at all that compels him to respect it.

As for the rebel plotline, well, I’ve watched a lot of sageuk dramas so it’s no surprise that this drama is starting to feel the drag of going shifting to external conflicts like political machinations and rebellion plots. Really, I was expecting it to come sooner, so on the upside I have to commend this show for making it Episode 15 before I felt we’d hit that drag. It seems like standard sageuk procedure to get to this point a few weeks earlier and spend more time in it, so I’m relieved that we’re not really in very much danger at all, given that we’re so close to the end. That said, being ahead of the curve compared to other dramas is fine and all, but Moonlight has been a remarkable experience by consistently hitting high levels of heart, fun, and warmth, and today I thought it fell short of its own standard.

But to leave on a happy note: Who else laughed when me made it through yet another episode without a royal wedding? This show is determined to keep our crown prince unattached and monogamous, history be damned, and you know, I’m really okay with flouting historical record on this one.

gurumi15-00750.jpg

http://www.dramabeans.com/2016/10/moonlight-drawn-by-clouds-episode-15/

• Like 13

4 hours ago, underthemoon0616 said:

Because RaOn was lying about her true feelings. 

It had connection to RaOn meeting Chief Eunuch where he said about CP "While untangling your thread, when you face a knot is impossible  to untangle. You must cut it without holding back. Do you understand what I mean?"

Then she got a scene w/ flashback of her and Chief Eunuch. By this time, she's decided.

That's why when RaOn and Omma was lying on the bed.. RaOn said "I have something to do.... I have to say goodbye to someone properly, so he can live well WITHOUT ME. Even if someone replaces my place......." last line  "I don't want him to feel sorry about me"

CP knew it's all pretence. This is why CP told her "I told you.. I would believe whatever you told me.. EVEN YOUR LIES" His tone at the last line 'even your lies' indicates he see her right through and that's why he cut the bracelet even before he said those lines because he get what's she's trying to do all along. He saw how desperate she was (yup, she's not pissed or angry but desperate). This is why at the end he told her he will not see her again in an angry tone.

CP believes RaOn because he knew her more than anybody else. This is why he told himself that it's impossible that RaOn would do such thing in previous episode.

I was referring to the first time the CP mentions the word 'lies', when he meets with RO. According to javabeans' recap, the CP says "I will only listen to your words. Even if you speak lies, I will believe you. Everything you showed me—was it all true?"

My problem with this remark is that I do not quite understand it without thinking that it is offensive to RO. As I said in my previous post, if her words would be lies, he should not believe them--because it is stupid (and I think it is kind of difficult to believe something that you know that it is a lie). Second, the remarks seem to suggest that CP still doubts RO--he is expecting her to tell him lies, but he will be believing her nevertheless. (when I say that CP still doubts RO I am referring to the scene from previous episode, when CP imagines the role that RO might have had in his attempted assassination. So does he still doubt her in the first reunion scene?

Many thanks to you and the others that have replied to my questions.

• Like 6

47 minutes ago, Mepuppy said:

@yvettiepie19 I understand what you had gone through cos' i had a cancer scare too in my early 20s. I hope all is fine with you now. Think positive and my prayers are with you.

I like to think that MDBC brought us together to share real or perceived pain and joy, either from the drama or harsh reality of life. 

Have faith! Huaiting! 

Thank u so much! Watching MDBC kept my mind off reality:D

• Like 8

Wow, the word sure went around the country quick. If HY heard from one of the local women that the CP is in love with rebel Hong's daughter, pretty much the entire Joseon knows except for HY. It hasn't been that long a descendent of Hong was discovered, only rumored for years as a legend. Perhaps that news would give some hope to the people that CP is special and that he could fall for an ordinary girl. Hopefully that would make another rebellion unecessary and the people could trust CP for his righteous desires to be with the people and reduce the corruption and heavy taxation. Both CP and YJ have been outside on the streets quite often so they know the pulse of the ordinary people. I just love our three male leads, they are all special.

• Like 19

goodmorning moonlighters,, thankyou for all your translation even on ep 16 preview,, yebbaaahhh!! god has heared my prayer!that the wedding will be cancelled and ruined! thanks to raons father,,now  i can have my breath back! But i am saddened by raon and cp this time i hope it will be all cleared and they will come back to each others arms this time with pure romance!hehehe:sweatingbullets:

• Like 13

Just now finished watching the episode with eng sub.  what an episode!!!! Every episdoe of MDBC never fail to amaze me.  waaahhh!!!!

PBG's voice, wow!!!! I never once doubted about his singing when they announced that he is going to sing an ost for the drama.  Indeed i was happy but  thought will he have the time to record it?  I have seen him sing in his previous drama and dance too, he was so good.  I think he has really sung the ost like a pro.  I can hear his breathing whenever he start a line, i find it kinda distracting, but i think if given a proper training he can avoid it and really do very well.  He is really expressing yeong's feelings in the song.  best wishes on his singing career!!!! fighting!!!!

What a fate that baby girl is having!!! Her mom - the evil queen who was brought up/from a giseng house by Kim Hun, her baby girl is now being handed over to a chief of giseng house by Yun seong.

So, from the three episodes, what we can expect?

1. the truth from Hong gyung nae, whether he really caused the revolution 10 years ago which killed nearly 2000 innocent lives?  

2. the truth about Yeong's mother.  will the revelation will be from the small princesses who know the truth

3.the truth about the baby switch from yun seong

4.since the script is different from the novel, how will yeongon love end?  are they going to live in the palace itself IF, RO is believed to be from the noble family and her father's innocence is proved.  OR will Yeong leave the palace for his love ?

5.If yeong leaves the palace,  will yun seong take over the throne.  What is the fate of Yun seong ?  (I want this cutie pie to be alive in the end)

6.What about Byung hyung? Will he continue to stay in the palace or leave?

7. what will happen to chief eunuch han, if the king knows that he is the head of the rebel group?

8. what  about Kim Hun and his minions?  Will they be prosecuted for treason in the end?

these are some things that came to my mind. 

And lastly, the bracelet cutting scene, was a big heart break !!!!!!  Nicely done by PBG.  

I somehow try to keep up with this forum, but it is very hard, like one of the moonlighter said "by the time i finish one page and move to next one, i already have more to read", such insightful comments to read through from our beloved moonlighters.  fighting!!!!!

• Like 13