[Drama 2016] Moonlight Drawn by Clouds / Love in the Moonlight ☪ 구르미 그린 달빛

Maetawinz

What i get from Viki subs, Lee Yeong's mother was introduced as Queen Yoon, the daughter of Prime Minister. So is she Kim Minister's daughter, the evil queen's sister? 

I love that Yeong went all the way to show his love for RaOn from the moment he realized his feeling for her. What I've seen from the small clip here and there Lee Yeong has fallen head over heels for Ra On :wub:. I would love for her to show more of her feeling as well but given her position in the palace, it is understandable if she seemed a bit reluctant. 

With how the drama has been moving faster than everyone anticipated, i think we can anticipate another kiss scene and i'm sure it will be more epic than the first one :w00t:

I can't share more view on the story line since I haven't watch full subs for episode 7 and 8 and i don't think i'll have the time to watch until next week as i'm currently being away for a business trip with a shitty limited access to the internet during my free time. :(  Gosh there's so many things i'm curious about. For the time being let me just swoon over those epic moments we have so far :wub:

• Like 14

AGB Nielsen Korea rating

전국 수도권
2016.09.13   (분석기준: 전국13개지역, 가구, 시청률:%, 단위:가구)
순위 채널 프로그램 시청률 시청가구수  
1 KBS1 일일연속극(별난가족)
graph.gif
2 KBS2 월화드라마(구르미그린달빛)
graph.gif

전국 수도권
2016.09.13   (분석기준: 수도권, 가구, 시청률:%, 단위:가구)
순위 채널 프로그램 시청률 시청가구수  
1 KBS1 일일연속극(별난가족)
graph.gif
2 KBS2 월화드라마(구르미그린달빛)
graph.gif
  • Like 17

I just realized that as much as I am rooting for our OTP, Lee Yeong and Ra-on to walk off into the sunset and be together forever, I can't help but bleed a little for sweet Yoon-sung who's always been there for Ra-on and acted as her knight in shining armor from the very first moment they've met.. I'd like to wish a happily ever after for him, too. :cry:

capture-20160823-142448-480x275.png

• Like 16

I am thinking no way this will be a happy ending..since our Crown Prince Yi Yeong does not have long to live (he died at age 20)..also he married & had a son (who became King Heonjong)  so he must be going to get married soon..unless they totally change history..The only way out would be to fake his death &  leave for parts unknown with Ra On, which I wouldn't mind, but I guess that's to far fetched to even consider for dramaland ..sigh..so, preparing now (tissues where are you)

In the drama they had him write a court dance & according to Wikipedia:  Among 53 Joseon jeongjaes (정재) or court dances which remain, 26 are his works. His "Chunaengjeon" (Dance of the Spring Nightingale) is the best known and most beloved traditional court dance for its gentle and poetic movements. He was one of the most important people in Korean Court ritual history, along with King Sejong.

He was also considered a genius in literature & arts so his character in MDBC is very much in keeping with historical facts

• Like 14

You know, I really do love this drama, but ever since that annoying 2nd female lead has shown up I'm watching it with dread. It's like she's being shoved under our nose and they force her to have the lovey dovey scenes with the CP. I miss CP and RO old camaderie so much, and I hoped he didn't know her identity yet. It would have been so much fun to watch him struggle his dilemma. 

I think part of the reason ratings dropped is because the romcom has lessened, and because 2nd female lead is getting married with the CP. I sincerely hope we will have our happy ending, I don't mind for the writers to change the history. Why the heck do they have to follow history? It's all a drama, can't they for once create a passionate stunning love story without killing one of the leads?

I  hope we wont get too much 2nd female lead onscreen, she is annoying the heck out of me (the same as the one in Cinderella and 4 knights). Can't writers create a drama with no 2nd female lead, but instead more male leads?

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, Jillia said:

My thoughts on episode 8:

It was a wonderful episode. Almost every episode feels slow at first but at the same time the episode goes by so fast and in the end you realize what is going on/what happened.

For once I don't feel treated like a fool by the writer. The whole production feels so assured and confident. Yes the story isn't groundbreaking but I don't need that. As long as the writer and PD-nim tell the story in a fresh and good way. And that's what MDBC is doing.

That's why I never feel bored. Yesterday for a short moment I thought "okay this episode is taking it slow after the Envoy incident in episode 6" but then I saw where the plot was leading us. Yet I didn't see the kiss coming and not even a confession like the one that happened. I expected something shy but no the episode yesterday was anything but shy.

And todays episode felt the same. It felt slow first but it actually didn't waste any scenes. They showed Ra On longingly looking at the hanbok... every other drama wouldn't have used it but here the writer made her put it on and lead to Lee Yeong realizing that Ra On is a girl.

To me it never really mattered if he would fall for her, thinking she is a guy or knowing she is a woman. What's so beautiful about their relationship is how it started. They went from Ra On being the guy who wrote Lee Yeong's younger sister love letters to Ra On being the puppy to him forcing her to be an eunuch. And they basically became friends. In the end Lee Yeong wanted Ra On there because the palace gets more bearable when somebody is there who you care about and who cares about you.

You could say it's a bit unfair of Lee Yeong for wanting to keep Ra On at his side when he knows how dangerous the palace is. Especially when he knows the Queen is one of the dangers inside.

We have already seen the palace doesn't seem to be nice place for having friends or being in love. As we can see with the King and Lady Suk-ui. Or Eunuch Ma and Wol-Hee. But at the same time I can't be angry with him because as he said she makes him happy and cheers him up. She makes the palace bearable. And he makes the palace bearable for her as well.

And somewhere inbetween them being friends Lee Yeong fell in love with her. And she fell in love with him.

(Although I really would like to see more of Ra On aka Kim Yoo Jung. Sometimes it's almost like I have to guess if she is really feeling the same. In the scenes she does a really good job and conveys what she feels. I just want more scenes from her POV!)

And I still stand by my point that I think it was good Lee Yeong didn't tell Ra On that he knows about her secret when he confessed. Because of that no matter how you put it it always comes to this: Lee Yeong loves Ra On - no matter what.

It's hard to describe what I felt when I saw his reaction to Ra On being a girl. Was he relieved she is a woman? That scene is difficult to analyse tbh. I love it but it leaves a big question mark in my face because for once I'm not sure what Lee Yeong was thinking. Of course he was in awe but still... you see the question marks in my face? :D

Of course the rest of the episode made me forget it but I always come back to it.

Things that feel weak to me - at least at the moment:

1) Ha Yeon - don't get me wrong! I don't hate her. But I'm really baffled by how she is written. Of course she will be demure in front of her father and premier Kim but maybe a little more energetic when meeting Lee Yeong, Ra On or Yoon Sung. But I can't really put my finger on what feels wrong about her. I think she brings some freshness to the usual noble lady at that time by speaking up in front of her father. But with other things she seems way too forward.

But I can say one thing - and I mentioned it before: how many times does Lee Yeong have to reject her? I know she fell for him and when we consider she is the same age as Ra On I can give her some naivity bonus. But Lee Yeong made very clear that a ) he knows what she is doing aka she is trying to go with the "it's fate"-scenario and b ) he is not interested in her.

(Btw that's something I really like about Lee Yeong. He doesn't give Ha Yeon false hope and tells her right away he isn't interested - of course with prettier words)

Also: is Ha Yeon actually interested in being friends with the Princess or only using her to get close to Lee Yeong. That's not really a nice character trait right?

But overall I pity her because she has no chance against Ra On.

2) Yoon Sung - where are they going with his storyline? As it seems he and Ha Yeon will come up with a way to avoid the marriage? How will they do that? Also: it looks like Yoon Sung is smart enough to sense that something is going on with Lee Yeong and Ra On. And I just hope the writer won't turn him into the I'm-jealous-and-I-will-do-anything-to-get-the-girl-even-though-I'm-the-2nd-lead-and-stand-no-chance-guy.

And I want to know what happened to Lee Yeong and Yoon Sung that ended their friendship. I want to see a lot more plot development in this department.

Though i have not watched full episodes 7 and 8, from what i gathered by reading the spoilers. I agree that the drama seemed to have slow pace but then again it's not. The storyline is not heavy but again its certainly not boring at all. What i love is that they didn't drag the relationship of our OTP because we can see different dynamics between them in every episodes which is great because that's one of the key point of the story. 

As for Ha Yeon, i kind of expect she will come off as dislikable at first but what I've concerned about is her character development. She made RaOn jealous, was rejected few times by Yeong, but did we expect she stop and walk away now just like that? If that's just her role then what's the point she's being there? We can have one of the court lady to play the role then. Of course i'm annoyed as hell how she come between our OTP.

But will she become more of an important character? What is her role in the political conflicts moving forward as coming from Jo's clan, she will be the important key for allies through marriage? Will she be one of the bad guy or the good guy, its too soon to tell.

In my opinion, Ha Yeon and Princess seem to have what we called Frenemies relationship. Not friend but not enemy either LOL

• Like 8

10 minutes ago, unnidian said:

I am thinking no way this will be a happy ending..since our Crown Prince Yi Yeong does not have long to live (he died at age 20)..also he married & had a son (who became King Heonjong)  so he must be going to get married soon..unless they totally change history..The only way out would be to fake his death &  leave for parts unknown with Ra On, which I wouldn't mind, but I guess that's to far fetched to even consider for dramaland ..sigh..so, preparing now (tissues where are you)

In the drama they had him write a court dance & according to Wikipedia:  Among 53 Joseon jeongjaes (정재) or court dances which remain, 26 are his works. His "Chunaengjeon" (Dance of the Spring Nightingale) is the best known and most beloved traditional court dance for its gentle and poetic movements. He was one of the most important people in Korean Court ritual history, along with King Sejong.

He was also considered a genius in literature & arts so his character in MDBC is very much in keeping with historical facts

I suspect that there is no record of Yi Yeong meeting a woman dressed like a court eunuch . . . and still . . .

I have no idea how the series will end, but since this is a fictionalized version of the story the writers can do what they want, including faking his death and having him give up his position "for the woman (eunuch) he loves."

• Like 11

1 hour ago, bebe1989 said:

Does anyone here also love this third man on love in the moonlight drama? Beside our cute and lovely prince ❤️

Kim hyung looks cute each episode..

Spoiler

11400245.gif

11383861.gif

11374645.gif

credit to flash-of-dreams

Im so sorry for myself cz he is younger thn me. Back thn, i called every actor oppa. Now, even CP is my dongsaeng! :blink: kim hyung aa.... why so cute?? XD

Im not watching moonlight ep 7&8 yet cz my classes are very pack and many assignments to do right now thought already save ep 7&8 on my hp and lappy.. ו×

But so happy whn looks at the rating! Moonlight aja2 fighting!

• Like 10

38 minutes ago, syaiira said:

I noticed that Moonlight have went through a lot of different obstacles so far but yet it was able to overcome all of it.

First they had to go against Doctors' finale week. 

Then they had to go against a highly anticipated drama with a huge cast.

Next they had to go against a football match.

After that there was an earthquake which might affect the ratings but it didnt.

And this time its because of Chuseok preparations.

I am just so amazed of what Moonlight has been through and yet still able to maintain its solid ratings.

As a Moonlighter, i feel so proud! :D

when you put it like that, it does seem like a hard week every time....

• Like 7

52 minutes ago, Jillia said:

(Although I really would like to see more of Ra On aka Kim Yoo Jung. Sometimes it's almost like I have to guess if she is really feeling the same. In the scenes she does a really good job and conveys what she feels. I just want more scenes from her POV!)

Sorry to cut your post @Jillia

I swear, I think I OD'd on Moonlight these last two days. I'm exhausted:

Spoiler

Nnq9q.gif

I get exactly what you're saying. Don't get me wrong. PBG can fill up my screen any day, any time of day, etc., etc.  But I'm ready to feel even more emotional fire from KYJ. I think we'll get it. With 10 episodes left, we still have to find out what happened to her Mom, and if she really knows/remembers the reason why she had to dress as a boy. Will Ra On believe it was the Royals who took her Mom away? If so, that puts her at odds with the CP. Or will it be revealed to be the Kim clan, which will be even more delicious, because that puts her on a collision course with the Queen. I'm secretly hoping it will be written in the drama as the latter(not sure how it is in the novel). I want to see my heroine shine :heart:.

I'll be back reading the rest of the week(I skipped so much :astonished:, so if you all see a $h!t load of likes, and mentions don't be alarmed, lol.

• Like 16

Annyeong chingus..!!! So, we are waiting again for Moonday?!!! The struggle is real..lol! 

Btw, I'll share my own thoughts regarding on what ending may happen. I don't think there will be sad ending. Because basically we all know that this drama is based on webdrama/manhwa... Right? So regardless what happened to the history itself , I don't think pd nim and writers will follow that. I believe that they will not follow what happened in the history...lol! I'm crossing my fingers..! Jebal pd nim.! Lol! 

• Like 9

Kim Yoo Jung is a veteran in crying/sad scenes but I find her great in comedy, too especially in the first few episodes. I know there's gonna be angst from now on but I wished she'll go back to her old funny self. I also hope that PD nims will give us another surprise soon like what they did in Episode 7, never really expected it, but loved it!

• Like 21

The new episode was a bit slower than yesterday's episode but it set up a lot of the future arcs of the series.  The couple bracelet foreshadows the eventual separation of Yeong and RO.  Kim Hyung finding out about RO's true identity sets up the truth about the rebellion many years ago.  Politics seems like it will be more prominent in the upcoming episodes.  The upcoming marriage between Yeong and HY is looming.  Gotta prepare our tissues.

Kinda sad that there wasn't much of YS today and we didn't really see much of RO other than as a love counselor and Yeong's object of affection.  It was kinda cute though when Yeong was messing with her after knowing that she was a girl.  It was like he was trying to test her how far RO would go to prove that she was a man.  Gotta love it when he was totally not paying attention to Eunuch Jang as he was getting dressed by RO.  The young prince is sprung!  I love that KYJ is subtle with her emotions. She doesn't need to yell (which I've seen many actors do) to express her anger towards Yeong.

BY and Yeong must have gotten their sword training from Lee Bang Ji.  Not one drop of blood was spilled on their sword when they fighting with those men.  I felt bad for HY though.  She's very bold about her feelings but she keeps getting rejected by Yeong.  Lastly, where did RO get the make up?  Was it in the box that YS gave her?

• Like 17

2 hours ago, nataliakay said:

i'm with you on your view about CP's reaction when he saw her wearing the hanbok. It just doesnt add up or jive with previous scenes if he only found out about her gender then. In fact if he only found out about her gender then i think the acting would have called for a bigger reaction. I mean come on that short expression of shock + sigh couldnt possibly be sufficient if that was in fact the first time someone found out that a guy is a girl.

So i think or at least i would like to believe that his reaction is more of a shock to see his girl "appearing as a girl."

@nataliakayI agree. I think his confession was to make Ra On realize that he was in love with her no matter who she was and make her feel comfortable but seeing her in a hanbok confirmed for him what he already knew from the lantern festival that the his puppy eunuch whom he suspected as the dancer was indeed her. He remembers that she was the one who saved the day for him when the queen and her father the PM thought that they have ruined the dance presentation and the prince with it. So not only did she do her duty as a eunuch serving the prince but as someone who did something she was keeping secret because she cared. So I agree that seeing her as a girl and the realization that his girl cared was both a joy and a shock for the prince. 

Anyway episode 8 was both a mixture of laughter, romance and test of loyalties and friendship. I laugh at how the Prince impishly loves to tease Ra On who thinks the prince still thinks of her as his eunuch. She tells him that he does not know everything about her and he says "I did not mean anything, I just want you to rest" and puts her head on his shoulders and contentedly smiles enjoying the feeling. Ahhhhhhhhh..... and then when she got jealous and got mad at him and confessed how she was hurt and that the prince was taking her feelings for granted, the prince resolved it with a full confession that he knew she was a woman and his woman and gave her the bracelet that was the pair of the couple bracelet he wore. Yes I wanted a kiss...

I feel apprehensive about KBY, what will happen to him? He was the one who wears the mask and he knew the prince, realized it. He is both loyal to his cause but also to the prince who treated him as his friend and bodyguard. BY followed the prince after the fight saying why don't you ask me about it,(the mask). When the prince kept walking and tells him he wants to be alone, the expression on BY's face was that of apprehension that he might just be abandoned by the prince but then the prince turns around and tells BY that the one person in the world he trusts to protect him and be by his side is KBY. There was an expression of relief in KBY's face. However, now that he knows that puppy eunuch is Ra On will his loyalty be tested and whom will he protect from whom? His loyalty and friendship is to the prince even while fulfilling his mission. He knows that the Kims lie and that they blame all the rebels for the chaos in the land even if the Kims know they did it. In the end the 3 of them will probably protect Ra On but will KSY betray his grandfather's trust?? Will the prince be the one to make the ultimate sacrifice by marrying the daughter of a noble family? He knows it would be dangerous to have Ra On in the palace so will he let her go?? 

So whatever happened to teacher Dasan the one whom the prince consulted for advice for strategies to fight the greedy PM and his nasty daughter the queen? I hope he can help the Prince since the PM is getting nastier and nastier every time he loses to the prince.

• Like 16