[Drama 2016] ❤Another Miss Oh❤ 또 오해영❤

heartoppaya

@kdramafangirlz Your post on DK's development definitely made me look at these last two eps with different eyes. I never took DK as being scared of love specifically, only scared of emotional expression. Yet the way you have laid out your case makes me see that DK is timid with that specific emotion. He thinks the words are shallow perhaps because of a mother who has spent most of his life using them lightly or wrongly or not at all. But really it is just him hiding from how strongly love can make one feel especially when brought low, refusing to express a full heart for something/someone guaranteed to disappear in one way (break-ups, etc.) or another (death). The one time he somewhat ignored that way of thinking, the other HY disappeared on him as well, confirming this mentality he had developed.

Yet nothing stops his heart from loving, does it? He loves his family. He loves his workers. He loves uri HY. He expresses it in the shuttered way he has developed, through gruff action or gruff words. His workers and his family and his friends accept this method because of the structure of their relationships with him, whether it be hierarchical (workers) or a long-standing understood pattern of behavior (family and friends). But a lover is a bit different, right? Because it isn't a hierarchical relationship and it isn't siblings knowing their siblings. If the lover is an outsider she comes with a set of expectations and desires that need to be met or at least negotiated with, right? Way back in the thread, some smart person essentially wrote that the other HY with the hang-ups of her own closed nature was perfect for the pre-uri HY DK; outwardly they would have demanded little of each other just based on how they approached life and love at the time. The ultimately shallow similarities in their perspectives wasn't enough for them to truly understand or see each other though - but really it's not enough for either of them to truly understand or see *anyone*, including themselves.

When Isadora told the other HY to reflect I was of the same mixed emotion as many of my threadmates - correct advice but likely the wrong mouthpiece, you know? This is not the other HY's story; she is not the heroine of the piece, so she won't get the in-depth arc meant to help her discover herself and be courageous and "ugly" or wrong. So, 'reflect' from an imperfect mouthpiece is likely the best she's going to get and it is the best, most necessary advice for someone so concerned with her reception outside, she's likely never taken true stock of her inner life. DK is the hero; he gets the sweeping,in-depth arc and his is faintly whimsical. The person who got him to reflect? His dying future self. Only on the cusp of death with no future to pretend for and no breath left to deny it, could he reflect and see the way he failed his heart and his life. He had to hit the end of the line to see he'd been traveling the wrong road. At this point, I don't expect it to be easy for him. He's told himself before to go all the way, then fallen back on old patterns when emotionally pressed. This time, he has the spur of his full death premonition so I'm hoping he grits his teeth and keeps going in the face of failure or pain or rejection.

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, foxvanilla said:

@theseasasleep hehehe for a moment there the chat room got too tensed up in a way serious tone, due to the 2 previous epis. of course, roller coasters are suppose to be like that, we were all drawn into the hurricane as well (so to speak). my pervy-ness mood evaporated due to the ninja cutting onions, but i like the maths, it's also my kind of math hahaha hopefully more to come ! right now i'm searching for moans (ehem SHJ's) but then again i look like TJ re-playing the audio over and over again. gosh, what has SHJ done to me ?  no wait.... it was u pervy ninjas !!

SHJ and Eric are turning all in the koala pervy unit into even bigger pervs. I hope your search for SHJ sighs/moans was fruitful, fellow pervy traveler! :P 

Sorry for the second post following the first like that! But I had to respond to my unit mate! It's a code. :lol:

6 hours ago, dotoh said:

will we get to see it so soon?

1st - the 90 degree standing up-right wall kiss

2nd - the 45 degree incline seated bbq kiss

3rd - the 0 degree horizontal (on the bed) kiss?  sounds logical..... mathematically speaking :wub:

3ahh.gif  The 90 degree wall kiss rocks..!!

The 45 degree bbq kiss is burning hot..!!

The 0 degree kiss .... on the bed is at melting point as DK madly kisses her.

Good one and thanks @dotoh

55 minutes ago, theseasasleep said:

Yet nothing stops his heart from loving, does it? He loves his family. He loves his workers. He loves uri HY. He expresses it in the shuttered way he has developed, through gruff action or gruff words. His workers and his family and his friends accept this method because of the structure of their relationships with him, whether it be hierarchical (workers) or a long-standing understood pattern of behavior (family and friends). But a lover is a bit different, right? Because it isn't a hierarchical relationship and it isn't siblings knowing their siblings. If the lover is an outsider she comes with a set of expectations and desires that need to be met or at least negotiated with, right? Way back in the thread, some smart person essentially wrote that the other HY with the hang-ups of her own closed nature was perfect for the pre-uri HY DK; outwardly they would have demanded little of each other just based on how they approached life and love at the time. The ultimately shallow similarities in their perspectives wasn't enough for them to truly understand or see each other though - but really it's not enough for either of them to truly understand or see *anyone*, including themselves.

DK is the hero; he gets the sweeping,in-depth arc and his is faintly whimsical. The person who got him to reflect? His dying future self. Only on the cusp of death with no future to pretend for and no breath left to deny it, could he reflect and see the way he failed his heart and his life. He had to hit the end of the line to see he'd been traveling the wrong road. At this point, I don't expect it to be easy for him. He's told himself before to go all the way, then fallen back on old patterns when emotionally pressed. This time, he has the spur of his full death premonition so I'm hoping he grits his teeth and keeps going in the face of failure or pain or rejection.

@theseasasleep.... Apologies for cutting your article short ( I am just mindful of the mods )

What you wrote so touchingly about DK made my heart beat. He's a perfectionist with a heart carved out of stone when it comes to his " principle" but his heart is always in the right place. Beneath the cold lies a warm and caring one. I love your last line. :heart: I'm so rooting for him to pursue with a passion his new found revelation. 

I'm noting with interest what you mentioned about " pre-uri HY DK " .... that's insightful ! Her callousness will break DK and their future family if they had married just like what she did to DK at the wedding.

I'm so glad for DK's visions of his future soulmate. Salute to the writer.

2 hours ago, kdramafan43v3r said:

Okay, before I went to sleep I re-watched EP12 and suddenly this thought came to me, we might not have gotten a teaser for EP13 but those visions basically IMO appears as the teasers already for future episodes. Like we have 6 more episodes to go and if we break down the visions, it actually could make up parts of those 6 episodes left...Please bear with me as I try to dissect it...

- PDK's mom asking PDK to beg for Jang's forgiveness

- HTJ saying it took them so long but they've ended up with the right person

- Looks like the owner of PDK's house passed away and now the son is asking PDK if he's still interested to buy the house followed by the JS vision wherein the storage room where OHY1 used to live is now converted back to be PDK's studio

- Hoon asking about PDK's blind date

- PSK telling PDK that one of the OHY's resigned while the other remained then followed by OHY1 walking down the street

- PDK himself being hit by a car

Here's how i see what could possibly happen:

Nice predictions. However, I think DK has decided to change his future.

He saw a future in which HY was no longer a part of his life. His sister and JS mention her and he says he doesn't care or want to know. The room she lived in has been re-made into his studio. She sees him on the street and ignores him. He goes on blind dates that he is clearly not into. He sees TJ mention that he is back with HY. This is going to be his future if things keep on going like it is. And of course, getting hit by the car. And he decides, NO. He will not accept this future.

So here's what I would like to see happen in the next 6 episodes:

- A real and proper understanding between DK and HY. (I'm sure this will happen.) We've seen two couples come apart because of external forces, but mostly because they failed to really communicate. Our OTP had a lot of secrets and and baggage to deal with, but now, things will get really real, and they'll really be there for each other. And it's going to be great. So let's all stop crying chingus! After the river of angst, let us have healing and sweetness. Kissing and more. We know they both want it. Maybe some drunk karaoke with Mama and Papa Oh, too.

- Previously, I did not care about this guy one way or the other, but now I need to see Chairman Jang and his nasty daughter brought down. Being rich does not give them the right to play with other people's lives that way, and they need to be slapped down for this! Mama Oh needs to strip down and beat them up, or something!

- I guess Isadora will drink no more, but she will still be awesome and hilarious. I love you Isadora!

- And I love you, Hae Young! We miss your sassy and cheerful face! She's never done anything wrong, but her life has been full of crap because of Bit-Na. Time for some happiness already.

- I think Bit-Na has already received enough punishment. She'll always have a trail of guys drooling after her, she will always be the Pretty One. But the one guy who really mattered, he finally saw into her selfish, black heart. Now she gets to watch him be with the "ugly" Hae Young and know what real love feels like. Yeah, suck on that, girl.

- And finally, I love that visual of DK and his sound boys following him around like a row of ducklings. AWWWWW. The cutest.

19 minutes ago, chickfactor said:

Nice predictions. However, I think DK has decided to change his future.

He saw a future in which HY was no longer a part of his life. His sister and JS mention her and he says he doesn't care or want to know. The room she lived in has been re-made into his studio. She sees him on the street and ignores him. He goes on blind dates that he is clearly not into. He sees TJ mention that he is back with HY. This is going to be his future if things keep on going like it is. And of course, getting hit by the car. And he decides, NO. He will not accept this future.

Neatly summed up 1up.gif  but the future he now is changing won't be a bed of roses. The path is going to be long and windy, strewn with broken dreams, broken hearts, flying arrows of those he offended, revenge coming on thick and fast.... because he screwed up somewhat earlier on. The erstwhile ex-gf ( hmmnn... that doesn't sound quite right because before they could properly be BFGF , the writer yanked it off our feet ) will have embarrassments for breakfast and lunch.

I fear for my sanity.

16 minutes ago, chickfactor said:

So here's what I would like to see happen in the next 6 episodes:

- A real and proper understanding between DK and HY. (I'm sure this will happen.) We've seen two couples come apart because of external forces, but mostly because they failed to really communicate. Our OTP had a lot of secrets and and baggage to deal with, but now, things will get really real, and they'll really be there for each other. And it's going to be great. So let's all stop crying chingus! After the river of angst, let us have healing and sweetness. Kissing and more. We know they both want it. Maybe some drunk karaoke with Mama and Papa Oh, too.

- Previously, I did not care about this guy one way or the other, but now I need to see Chairman Jang and his nasty daughter brought down. Being rich does not give them the right to play with other people's lives that way, and they need to be slapped down for this! Mama Oh needs to strip down and beat them up, or something!

- I guess Isadora will drink no more, but she will still be awesome and hilarious. I love you Isadora!

- And I love you, Hae Young! We miss your sassy and cheerful face! She's never done anything wrong, but her life has been full of crap because of Bit-Na. Time for some happiness already.

- I think Bit-Na has already received enough punishment. She'll always have a trail of guys drooling after her, she will always be the Pretty One. But the one guy who really mattered, he finally saw into her selfish, black heart. Now she gets to watch him be with the "ugly" Hae Young and know what real love feels like. Yeah, suck on that, girl.

- And finally, I love that visual of DK and his sound boys following him around like a row of ducklings. AWWWWW. The cutest.

We need a meeting pronto with PD and Madam Writer to scoop up your script so that our OTP can live happily ever after but the bed scene stays.

I'm just afraid of the production team alternating between lovely dovey to hatey hate scenes. Changing his life is fraught with the sleazy Jang and his contemptible daughter.

Quack.... !!!

19 hours ago, kdramafangirlz said:

Just read this article here http://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=109&aid=0003334343&spi_ref=m_entertain_twitter 

It mentioned that in next week's episodes 13 and 14, Eric and Seo Hyunjin (dokyung and uri haeyoung) is gonna become sweeter(!) and the chemistry as a romantic comedy couple will return!

better things to get better cuz my heart can not take any more of OHY breaking down ! She is wishing to die !! that sentence had stabbed my heart   صورة ذات صلة

Okay I have a theory... That may have been covered, but I just would like to share it.

(btw I am a lurker, and I LOVE THIS DRAMA BLESS BUDDHA)

So.... I've noticed that there are cherry blossoms in a lot of the scenes that matter to the plot of Do Kyung and our Hae Young. 

It's not just because it's springtime people, hear me out.

SO for example, the scene where DK and HY hide from Isadora and he gets super close and the tangible tension literally jumps out at you, there is cheer blossoms. HY cries over how beautiful they are. In DK's "death" scene, cherry blossoms are falling all around him. 

Now why?

Cherry blossoms are the symbol of something so beautiful that it seems unfair to the darkness in the world. Cherry blossoms are so utterly breathtaking, and they are gone so quickly. They're delicate and soft, and are the symbol of a beautiful spring after a winter.

Perhaps cherry blossoms symbolize the beauty of the relationship between DK and HY. Both were in a winter of their hearts, utterly torn up over their past relationships, and then they met each other. Both felt that they would go all the way for their love, and that they had finally found happiness. However, that happiness didn't last for long, did it? 

That may be the symbolism of cherry blossoms, that this relationship is delicate but DK and HY can't slip back into that dreary and desolate winter. The cherry blossoms show that death is inevitable, which connects back to his death scene, but it also symbolizes that we should life our all before death, as cherry blossoms absolutely bloom beautifully, although their beauty is short. Their lives are short but impactful, sort of like DK's, and DK's resolve to live his life without regrets connects back to the cherry blossoms. 

tumblr_m2ua0kBQp81r6ibbpo1_500.gif

1 hour ago, kopifan said:

Look back while waiting for Monday...

When do you think our HY started liking PDK? Was it when he put his shoes at her door?

Do you think the movers moved the shoes to her house?

If I remember correctly, OHY start liking PDK from the very first start, didn't she? when she bumped at him and got nosebleed..  she captivated by his eyes.. (well.. I can't blame her, Eric's eyes are sooooo pretty) but maybe, the first time she think about she might like him is the scene when PDK put his shoes at her place, she was touching by PDK attention.. 

I really want that shoes to accidentally get move too.. hahaha. 

Why do I get the feeling that OHY1 will die?

I mean in DK's visions, he practically stood in the middle of the road until a vehicle hit him, right? Why would he intentionally kill himself unless something bad has happened to his life? According to kdramaworld, if a guy's partner for life dies, he will loose all hope. So I'm guessing, if all cliches are correct, DK will kill himself because OHY1 died. I'm getting ominous feelings, gosh. Also, maybe it's a warning, because DK's dad sported the same head wound. He died because he fell down a cliff. Maybe it might mean that DK would figuratively fall down a cliff? Like, hearts broken, lives ruined, big loss, never to return. I dunno.

This is what I'm thinking.

7 hours ago, theseasasleep said:

@kdramafangirlz Your post on DK's development definitely made me look at these last two eps with different eyes. I never took DK as being scared of love specifically, only scared of emotional expression. Yet the way you have laid out your case makes me see that DK is timid with that specific emotion. He thinks the words are shallow perhaps because of a mother who has spent most of his life using them lightly or wrongly or not at all. But really it is just him hiding from how strongly love can make one feel especially when brought low, refusing to express a full heart for something/someone guaranteed to disappear in one way (break-ups, etc.) or another (death). The one time he somewhat ignored that way of thinking, the other HY disappeared on him as well, confirming this mentality he had developed.

this lends weight to what PDK's mom said (in the recording) - 'At least one of you should know (what love is)'.  

Looking at PDK, there are some grains of truth in what the mom said afterall.

But PDK is going to show us, LOVE can be taught and learnt throughout one's life, it doesn't have to necessarily depends on one's upbringing.

Something tells me PSK will confide her pregnancy to her mom, then mummy Park's gonna whack the daylight out of JS, hence no more butt-swaying rooftop party - rooftop party - rooftop party for JS :phew:

I seriously think no body's gonna die in this series. TvN won't let that happen since the romance of Do Kyung-Hae Young is one of the reason why this drama get popular and ratings keep increasing. And the writer is known for her comic and light story. I keep positive about this.

I literally hate all death theories....whether it be DKY or OHY1 but they are interesting theories and could happen...if OHY1 makes it easy for DKY next week and we have them back together then the death theories are true...one of them is going to die....because it's still early for them to get back together IMO unless there is another huge conflict awaiting them...damn this drama will be the death of me....only happy endings please writer PDnim/writernim....but if even one of them dies then this sure is not a rom com...OHY1 deserves a break she's been going through tragedy all her life and crying since the beginning of this drama...please dont let it end like this....:bawling::bawling::bawling:

Archived