[Drama 2016] The Good Wife 굿 와이프

larus

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dittoing your virtual high five, @ihyuni!! Posts like yours make me appreciate being able to share my opinion, however against the norm, without 눈치봐'ing other posters (it's really hard to translate this into English, but don't use Google Translate...-__-) who either take personal offense or distort opposing views... Yours and @kdyes posts def. made it a easier to empathize w/ HK's newness/change... 

I'm currently only a few minutes into watching Ep. 13, so we'll see where I'm at in about two hours...

Honestly can't say I'm fully on team HK yet after Ep. 12, but so much happens in two hours of drama world... Who knows, you may see me as the new president of the HK (and JW) fanclub w/ my pom poms shaking by the end of the day... (Can't deny. The scene pics of the flowers/walk. Very cute...lol).

Okay. just finished watching Ep. 13 first 7 minutes, and I've bought my ticket and stepped on the HK/JW train... 

Call me old-fashioned, but why couldn't they have done this hand-holding/flowers thing in Ep. 12, and THENNNN moved to the hotel night/elevator ride from hell?? Could've saved me and this thread a lot of posts... smh. 

I'm starting to think that HK jumping so quickly onto JW (no pun intended) made me disappointed (??) or feeling slightly betrayed (???) in her succumbing to such "physical" exchange of affection when things remained unsettled both w/ TJ (e.g. her facade to news reporters) and w/ her children... There's nothing wrong w/ HK doing what she wants/how she wants w/ her sexuality b/c she's a grown a$$ amazing woman, but her being so critical of TJ's affair and resentment towards Dan prevented me from thinking the hotel night was no more than her setting double standards. OMG I"M REPEATING MYSELF >__<....

Okay. Back to Ep. 13. lol

Had to get my thoughts out on EP. 13 - SPOILERS AHEAD :)

Loved HK/JW's scene along the riverbank. So much yessssssss... 

OMG, how much do I love the fact that HK's lil bro is the flamboyant queen that he is??!!!! Werk your striped linen summer suit and silk scarf, SB!!!!!!!!!

TJ washing dishes... not a bad look, not a bad look at all... But he's so darn tall, he should be sitting down washing those dishes or need to do some painful splits to avoid back problems...

So TJ just evolved from being an ape to now at least being a Neanderthal by not talking smack about HK to his son. Good on you for admitting your flaws TJ, however many euphemisms you used...

Looking for SB's cactus shirt now on ebay... Need one ASAP.

Just can't get myself to like or empathize w/ Joon Ho. Curious how close he is to his American counterpart. How can such an adorable eye smile be so...off-putting?

LOL at TJ and HK's scene in front of courthouse. It CANNOT be good for HK's neck to have to tilt her head so far back to see TJ. He's. so. darn. tall.

I am LIVING for TJ & HK's mutual competitiveness. They really are each other's best rivals. And HK keeping her cool despite TJ's show of affection in front of JW..... Mother Teresa, I tell ya...

I would pay big money to see SB plant a big fat kiss on TJ's lips. *Age of youth reference* Unfortunately, sorry SB, but you're no match for TJ.  

I like how the bar that Dan and JoonHo meet up are slightly less fancier than the one HK and JW frequent... Accurate depiction of their difference in pay grade, good job writers.

HUuuuuge fan of Park Do Sub's cheekiness. Kinda love him. 

HK let TJ get under her skin at the trial. Curse you TJ, it's so fun to hate you... He's such a good antagonist. OMG he just winked at her in front of the reporters??? The audacity/brazenness!!! Too good. Just too good. Sister HK needs to up her game...

I'm not familiar w/ how it works in the legal world, but if I were the defendant, it'd be pretty frustrating and unnerving if my lawyers repeatedly tell me (jokingly or not) that my best option would be to confess. WTH??? I am telling you I'm innocent, and my own lawyers don't believe me?!?!?! 

Granted Dan betrayed HK, but if HK had been able to put aside her hurt pride for the sake of a more effective work environment, they could've avoided falling prey to the intended leak. HK is certainly not obligated to forgive Dan and return to the way things were between them, but rather than giving Dan such cold-shoulder, I would've expect HK to be more professional so they can at least TALK to each other about the darn case... HK has no problem holding a conversation w/ TJ, but she can't have more than four words w/ Dan? I'd assumed HK would have more maturity to be able to talk about the case w/ someone FROM HER OWN SIDE. Pettiness on HK's part? Maybe.

TJ. Oh TJ. Where do you get your hopes from? How are you still thinking HK's coming back to you and things will return to the way things were? Talk about Narcissist --> Blind confidence --> Crazy talk. He's so sharp and infallible professionally, it's hard to imagine it's the same person when you look at how he approaches his personal life... 

TJ hanging up on JH = My mom when I argue w/ her. Just give in, JH. Your life belongs to TJ now.

I'm getting serious cult vibes from HK's cream colored dress/homewear. 

Regardless of how anyone (myself included) views HK's decisions, at the end of the day, they are hers to make and how she pursues her happiness is her prerogative. I don't know if such principle applies when you choose to place your happiness above the happiness/welfare of your loved ones, but HK clearly doesn't seem to be putting her children/family/friends in harm's way in doing what makes her happy. 

Top topic Discussion on Ep. 14

1471695826322.jpg

Spoiler

2016082020292194965_1.jpg

Credit : tvN Drama

Rating  8/21/2016 ( Nationwide )

1. The Good Wife ( tvN ) : 4.108 % ( - 1.095 % )  --------------------> Ep. 14

2. Age of Youth ( jtbc ) : 1.265 % ( - 0.487 % )  ----------------------> Ep. 10

Credit : AGB Nielsen

On 2016-08-20 at 10:50 AM, ChyuuNyuu said:

oh gooooosh only two episode lest :bawling:
based on the preview they are not going to kill Joong Won ? Are they going for an alternate ending? 

Never watched the US version but NO!!!!!!!!! :blink: :angry: :tears:  (HK and JW alrdy took 15 long yrs to get to current)

Loved the ending of ep14. Seems like HK decided to take whatever comes her way with TJ. But TJ needs HK for his next step to political power to work. If he divorced him and he agrees I think he will make her look bad but the payback may not be good. If he goes after JW on bribing of judges. It will seem personal. Also KD will not let him off and may come out as the 2nd person that will put him into jail for accepting sexual bribes. Since this is an adaptation it may not follow the US version to the end. I hope it works well! I don't want JW to be gone!

EP. 14

79879988.2_99_20160820213403.jpg

Screen+Shot+2016-08-21+at+4.01.00+PM.png

Sports Dong A - Naver: 'Good Wife', Jeon Do Yeon chooses Yoon Kye Sang...decides to divorce Yoo Ji Tae

1. [+4,956, -63] Kim Seo Hyung's acting as a tough woman is on point

2. [+3,579, -147] What made Lee Tae Joon a trash today is he prioritizes how he can be good to Hye Kyung even though his daughter disappeared... Lee Tae Joon's eyes in the end ㄷㄷ

3. [+1,888, -69] I thought I was watching a movie...

4. [+1,679, -61] I'm worried for Joong Won too, he's in so much agony

5. [+870, -11] The judge was so cute today. "Yes I know, because I was there too. Yes I know, because I saw it too" ㅋㅋ

6. [+767, -32] I doubt Lee Tae Joon will want to get divorce. In the preview, I thought something bad happen to the daughter, I'm so relieved. I hope Dan and Hye Kyung reconcile soon... I felt bad for Dan today ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ

7. [+749, -26] I hate Yoo Ji Tae's character here but I can't help but drool over him during his scenes ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

8. [+677, -8] I've become so fond of the judge with the baby skinㅋㅋㅋ I wanna keep seeing him on screen~

9. [+641, -11] The actor who played Dongryong's dad in 'Reply 1988' is really good at acting. In Reply he stood out less than other parents

Nate
1. [+338, -13]  Nana's character is so loyal, Kim Seo Hyung is awesome. But how will Lee Tae Joon torment those two now? ㅜㅜ

2. [+269, -5] I think Yoo Ji Tae will lash back at them. He's scary

3. [+75, -6] What tvN has to think of doing next is prepare for Signal and Good Wife's second seasons

Credit : http://kkuljaem.blogspot.com/2016/08/spoilers-age-of-youth-cinderella-4.html

Delurking to share my love for this phenomenal drama~~ I do think it's the best drama on tv right now! It's actually quite funny to see the knetz's reactions to be so similar to my own hahaha. Yes to everything in that kkuljaem article t b h. 

I don't know how many people in this thread are familiar with the original, and I'm only vaguely familiar with it myself, but I'll just share a few things:

American!Hye Kyung actually breaks up with American!Joong Won after the incident with American!Seo Yeon, citing a need to put her family first. She doesn't find out about the felony judicial bribery case until Joong Won's pretty well about to walk into court. They actually use American!Tae Joon's political career to keep him from getting indicted, making it so that if American!Joong Won did get indicted, American!Tae Joon's name would be dragged right through the mud, making it very hard for him to continue his plans for office. As well, American!Hye Kyung doesn't actually serve Tae Joon with divorce papers in the original as she does here. In fact, she actually decides to just remain separated from American!Tae Joon. Also, American!Hye Kyung is quite a bit more non-confrontational than our Hye Kyung, and she actually finds out about the second message when she overhears a recording or another of American!Lawyer Oh and Tae Joon talking about it. She doesn't bring it up to American!Joong Won either. It makes me hope that this version is in fact an AU adaptation, where the whole point of the Hye Kyung-Joong Won relationship is something more than just mismatched timing. Here we have a Hye Kyung who pursues her own happiness, a Joong Won who is so good for her, and a Tae Joon she's totally done with. I don't think I'll survive an ending where Hye Kyung isn't absolutely happy.

I much prefer the definiteness of our Hye Kyung's decision. I know Tae Joon isn't just going to willingly stamp those papers for her, but it's the symbolism that counts. There's not a doubt in her mind that she's done with Tae Joon. Even if he takes her to court over it, she's well within her rights to get her divorce given his much publicized exploits. I wish this drama would've taken place just a few years ago, so that Tae Joon would've gotten indicted for commiting adultery. That was a two year prison sentence, you know! So even if he was acquitted of the bribery charges he'd still have to face punishment for that.  

“W” Takes Top Spot As Current Most Talked About Drama

MBC’s latest hit “W” is the most talked about drama recently!

According to Good Data Corporation’s research team, the most talked about drama online during the week of August 15 to 21 was “W,” which stars Han Hyo Joo and Lee Jong Suk. The show is in first place with a score of 17.59 percent, with SBS’s “Doctors” taking second place with 10.18 percent after being in first during the previous week.

JTBC’s “Age of Youth” comes in third overall, and is the highest ranking Thursday-Friday drama for the third week in a row. In comparison, tvN’s “Good Wife,” which airs at the same time, came in at 5.42 percent.

Meanwhile, in the non-drama television show category, MBC’s “Infinite Challenge” took first place with a score of 10.25 percent.

Credit : http://www.soompi.com/2016/08/22/w-takes-top-spot-current-talked-drama/

I have a question about ost, sorry if it's been asked before. There is an instrumental piece of music playing at the end of the episode 6, actually the same music is used in several episodes. Did they release that track?

The Good Wife: Episode 13

by odilettante | August 24, 2016 | No Comments
goodwife1300557a.jpg

Riddle me this: if someone is murdered in the woods, but there’s no body, witnesses, or evidence, is it still murder? That’s what Hye-kyung has to figure out as she goes head-to-head against a familiar face. In other news, Tae-joon continues to prove that he’s an unredeemable bastard (no surprise there), and a welcome cameo totally steals my heart.

Read more http://www.dramabeans.com/2016/08/the-good-wife-episode-13/

The Good Wife: Episode 14

by odilettante | August 25, 2016 | 1 Comment

goodwife1400400a.jpg

Reputations are everything. They can make or break a career; build up or tear down relationships; spur a nation to love you or scorn you. Hye-kyung’s image of integrity and loyalty has been the saving grace for her husband, her children, and her career. But reputations do not necessarily represent who we truly are inside, and she will have to decide if she wants to forge her own way in pursuit of happiness or continue down the respectable path as “the good wife.”

Read more http://www.dramabeans.com/2016/08/the-good-wife-episode-14/

The moment of truth is almost here!!! I'm learning from my mistakes and hoping for the best but preparing for the worst. So here's a post-epiosde 14 ending fic for just in case TGW doesn't end as spectacularly as it has begun.

tumblr_oci4wbGHFs1t4s9y7o1_540.gif

tumblr_oci4wbGHFs1t4s9y7o2_540.gif

tumblr_oci4wbGHFs1t4s9y7o3_540.gif

i’ll let the waters still

“Thank you,” Hye Kyung whispers in the night, “For being so good to them.”

“Thank you for letting me be a part of your lives,” Joong Won smiles against her forehead. “They’re great kids. They make it easy.”

Or; and they live happily ever after.

[read here]

August 27, 2016

Yoo Ji-tae Says He's Nothing Like His Role in 'Good Wife' Remake

Source: The Chosun Ilbo

Yoo Ji-tae

Actor Yoo Ji-tae plays an ambitious prosecutor in a remake of the hit U.S. TV series "The Good Wife" on cable channel tvN, which wraps up its 16-episode run this week.

Yoo plays a man who is unfaithful to his wife but paradoxically devoted to his family, and who keeps his marriage intact to further his social success and recognition.

"In reality, I couldn't be more different from my role in the series," Yoo said. "I tried hard to relate to his way of thinking. I think he becomes a kind of monster, losing his innocence as he is overly obsessed with pursuing his ambitions," he added.

Instead of a stereotyped portrayal of good versus evil, “The Good Wife” has subtle nuance and complex conflicts between characters.

The wife, played by Cannes-winning actress Jeon Do-yeon, has an affair with a colleague after her husband is jailed following a political corruption and sex scandal.

"It is still hard to gauge how the character feels about his wife, but life is not a textbook. Feelings change. People's actions are the result of multiple factors, so we simply justify what we do wrong, or try to cover it up. Viewers responded well to the ambiguity of the series and its complicated storyline," he said.

Yoo agreed to bulk up to add a hint of menace to his already imposing presence. The 188-cm-tall actor built up his back and shoulder muscles, gaining about 5 kg. "Thanks for complimenting my broad shoulders, but now I have to lose weight for my next project," he said.

Yoo, who has written and directed a short film, watches classic movies and studies cinematography in his spare time. "I hope to create a film festival featuring independent films and documentaries in Korea, similar to the Sundance Film Festival," he said. 

Asked if he planned to become a full-time director, he said, "I can't give up acting. Each role is an opportunity to show my own style of acting. I think acting helps one to be a good director."

Archived