Zanilia Zhao Liying 赵丽颖 Official Thread

sugarplum892

@jewelsc

I honestly wish she would just leave the drama. Pay some termination fee and move on to a different project. From all the rumors coming out, this production is a big mess.

The author could sue since they are damaging her work, but it wont matter much. Look how many cdrama productions got taken to court and nothing. 

Almost everyone is supporting ZLY. Book fans are upset and the general public thinks this is a good opportunity to do something about these recent cdrama practices of adding fillers to promote supporting characters with backers. So I think most people feel that this is good. I cant imagine how bad things were for ZLY to speak up. The script must be awful.

This is a female centric drama, that means that it should be based around ZLY's character. You could have interesting storylines with supporting characters without cutting from the main character storyline. Just look at Minglan, I loved so many side characters and it still felt like Minglan's story. 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, mrsyooknit said:

Saw this

http://baijiahao.baidu.com/s?id=1650569996034358941&wfr=spider&for=pc

This is an article posted by  China Youth Daily, they are a government run newspaper. They are explaining why ZLY would post that and taking her side. 

The sad part to all this is, it will never end as long as investors have a say in it and ZLY won't be the last even after putting them on a spotlight, this will just continue with other famous actors unless the govt. (SARFT or whatever they're calling themselves now) intervene.

And then again, ZLY seemed to love the novel so doesn't seem like she will be quitting it at all.

9 hours ago, jewelsc said:

The sad part to all this is, it will never end as long as investors have a say in it and ZLY won't be the last even after putting them on a spotlight, this will just continue with other famous actors unless the govt. (SARFT or whatever they're calling themselves now) intervene.

And then again, ZLY seemed to love the novel so doesn't seem like she will be quitting it at all.

I do think this article implies that the government is about to get mixed in. Today it also made the news. I think the fact that they give a script to actors when signing on to the project then drastically changed it later is wrong. It happened with Ashes of Love and I remember Liu YiFei complained about her drama script too. So it happens to everyone, but it shouldn't happen. 

Whatever she is filming right now is not the story she liked. But probably too late to quit, just has to power through. She needs to pick her projects better. 

• Like 1

On 11/18/2019 at 7:13 AM, icyphoenix said:

I too saw her weibo post.. It seems once again she is conned into this kind of stuff.. Y r they using ZLY to push their artist.. Esp third lead actress n the male lead lovestory is forced (acc. to the rumors)  and extra scenes being added.. I m loving my interest in it.. But still for her, I will watch it..

Well, for now it is just rumour, no?  I wished I can read chinese and can follow all these stories.  Been so busy that next thing I knew, oppsy daisy there were some hot news.  We don't really know why she took the project. Maybe she thought (naively) that they would do the decent thing and do it like really close to the original storyline.  Aie aie aie...... 

On 11/18/2019 at 2:19 PM, mrsyooknit said:

What happens is that they hire ZLY and they know the drama will have buzz then these companies pay extra to promote their artists within the drama. A lot of stuff coming out is really off putting. Like how they didn't even give ZLY proper costumes when compared to the other ladies, etc. 

This is going to be a pass for me, will wait until another drama comes out. I have already seen my fair chair of botched adaptations. 

Fans of the book were also very upset. I saw that the cast and crew blew everything off. Like the original writer asked for an explanation if untrue but they are just trying to ignore it. I think that says that it is true, but hopefully they wont go super crazy with changes now that ZLY put them in the spotlight. She needs to stop working with production agencies that care more about heat than storytelling. This drama already feels like a waste of her time. 

I totally agree except that I think in this case, she may have been dupped into the lead.  Neverthless, despite all those peacocks with fine feathers, they cannot hold the candle because I was that much bothered by the lack of feminine costume.  I just wanted them to be fair.  LY is hardworking and those hangers on should be ashamed of themselves.  Good that fans are demanding those blood suckers producers and directors to be professional and decent for once.  And that the writer is also demanding to be close to his orginal story.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 1/12/2020 at 10:50 AM, jewelsc said:

ZLY at Weibo Awards Ceremony

Gorgeous isn't she?:wub:

Reveal hidden contents

Fans call her prosperous beauty.. Very suitable. Got the most influential actress award 

Edited by angelangie
Mod Edit: Do not quote pictures
  • Like 3
  • Love 2

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...